I promised you a wicked burger and I will deliver! It’s kind of like a giant bbq’d meatball sandwich and it’s a nice change of pace from the every day bbq’d burger.   This is a family favorite of ours as both kiddos and adults love them!
Now I dare you to tell me those pictures don’t make your mouth water!

Kate says:

YUM! Sam would love me forever if I made those for him with marinara. Hopefully he’ll love me forever, anyway, but this probably wouldn’t hurt…

Sara can you just LIVE at my house? You can make even the raw meat look appetizing.
    The marinara burgers with that mmmmmmmmm. . .melted cheese look fabulous!

Kate says:

You’re shooting all my meal-planning to heck. We had these tonight instead of what I had planned. And they were awesome.

Heidi says:

Just curious, but why buy the sausage in links instead of just buying ground turkey sausage?

The Daily says:

Heidi- I buy the links just because I think it tastes better! Are you talking about as opposed to ground turkey sausage in the tube? I prefer the flavor and freshness of these links, and also the fact that you can use just one or two (and freeze the rest) instead of having a whole package open. I also have trouble finding other types of turkey sausage in the stores around me (not too much variety in my state!) But if you have another kind you like you could certainly use it; I’m sure it would be fine in the recipe as long as it had a good flavor.

Morgan and Derek says:

MMMM, Red Robin has a burger like this, and they also throw red peppers on it, with FRIED mozzeralla, it’s amazing. I can’t wait to make this! I think I’ll do it for Easter Eve. YUMMY!

Ryan, Erika, & Ethan says:

I made this last night and it was delicious. Great idea.

Ryan, Erika, & Ethan says:

I made this last night and it was delicious. Great idea.

Ryan, Erika, & Ethan says:

I made this last night and it was delicious. Great idea.

Kirsten says:

I made this a few nights ago and Yum!! My whole family loved them! Even my 6 year old!

melanie says:

Do you use the entire package of turkey sausage as pictured? I couldn’t find an amount listed in the post. Sure looks yummy.

Sara says:

melanie-
    something super weird happened because I just realized that the recipe is missing! lol. I SWEAR it was there before, no idea how it got deleted. Anyway, I updated it so it’s all there again, so weird…

You need 8oz of the turkey sausage, which is 2 of those links, or just get 8oz of another brand you can find. Hope that helps!