This is my most favorite drink. Ever. Maybe I’d feel differently if I drank (as in alcohol), but there is nothing I love more than a warm, breezy afternoon and a pitcher of Brazilian lemonade.

I didn’t try it for a long, long time because I was very put off by putting sweetened condensed milk in with citrus fruit. It seemed very wrong. And then I had some at Tucano’s and my life has not been the same since. I’ve never met anyone who doesn’t love it, but I won’t tell them what’s in it until they try it because about 80% of people seem to have the same reaction as I did. And yeah, I totally just made up that statistic.

It starts off with fresh, juicy limes.

You pop them in a blender with some sugar water and pulse just a few times.  Using the whole lime takes advantage of the flavors from both the juice and the flavorful oils in the rind.
 Pour the mixture from the blender through a strainer and into a pitcher, thus saving all of the flavorful liquid. You might need to do this in a couple of batches.

Then the secret ingredient: sweetened condensed milk.  You can buy these mini cans in the latin section of the grocery store.  This recipes needs about 1 1/2 little cans.   Or just open a regular sized can and make some chocolate sauce with the leftovers!

brazilian lemonade from our best bites

Sara says:

I’m just having time to check in here and can i just say, YUM??! I sure wish I could attend this baby shower!

Most of you know that my husband and I both lived in Brazil and we love love LOVE Brazilian Lemonade. Ironically, in Brazil, they call this version “Swiss Lemonade” because of the milk in it, funny huh? We love making this for summer BBQ’s and it goes great with all types of food. I hope you all try it!

Jeeem says:

Lived in Brazil huh?

Just curious…ever tried Yerba Mate?

Jeeem

• Vanessa says:

I’m an American living in Argentina for 6 years now and I drink it daily.

• Sandra says:

I have tried Yerba Mate and it’s yucky!!! at least the way it was presented to us by our exchange student!

• jonathan says:

I’m brazilian and I live on the souther region where mate is most common, my inlaw drinks this for water, I don’t like the taste very much, but there are different types of herbs … some are more bitter , other are more “tea” like. But i always feel a “boost” when i drink

Michelle says:

Wow- this is fabulous!!!! No worries about it not keeping…it won’t last long around here! Delicious!

Tricia says:

I’m wondering if you can use fat free sweetened condensed milk? Or is that just an insult?

Kate says:

You could totally use it. But don’t use the Walmart brand; I’ve noticed that Walmart sweetened condensed milk is pretty gritty and the fat-free s.c. milk is SUPER gritty.

About Ours Good One Home says:

Can I use “key limes”?

Kate says:

Oooh, that’s a good question! I know key limes are smaller and the juice is tarter, so I don’t now how many limes you’d need or if you’d need to add any extra sugar, but you could always try it and experiment!

Nat says:

I’ve made this several times since the first time you gave me the recipe and I loooooove it. I wish someone would make it for me everyday.

Sara says:

oooh, I wanted to add something (and Kate, this might be a good thing to add into the post) that you can buy mini-cans of sweetened condensed milk. They aren’t in the baking isle though, they are with the Latin foods. I love them because they come in a little 6-pack and each can is only 3.5oz, which is perfect for recipes like this when you have to open a whole can and then have a lot of left-overs. I use them for a lot of things that call for small amounts of sweetened condensed milk.

The cans look like this: http://www.amazon.com/Nestle-Lechera-Mini-6-Count-Boxes/dp/B000H13450

Cami says:

I saw this on the site this morning, and I just HAD to try it. We were headed to a playdate and lunch at my sister’s house, so I made a pit stop and grabbed some limes.

We tried it for lunch, and it was delicious! In fact, I liked it so much, I made another batch for dinner (and so my husband could try it).

My favorite part, my kids don’t care for it, so it’s all MINE!!! With some for the hubby, of course.

Shouldn’t it be Brazilian Limeade?
    No matter – Brazilian whatever. . . it looks delicious!

Juliana says:

It is Brazilian Lemonade! I don’t know why, linguistically speaking, but there is a fuuny thing about this words… Lime is, for us brazilian, limão, and lemon is LIMA, which doesn’t make any sense AT ALL. I mean… Maybe that is why this is not called Limeade! Haha.

Greetings from Brasil!

=)

• My husband is from Mexico and had been confused on the difference between lemons and limes because he grew up thinking that limes AND lemons were BOTH called lemons or limón. I have since taught him the difference. Maybe it is the same in Brazil. Just a thought.

MeganW says:

Just jumped over here from bbc, and I already love this blog! Everything looks so yummy and is motivating me to cook more often…

Lindsay says:

Sounds delish! I remember having this at Tucano’s and I’m glad I can get a recipe for it. Thanks!

(Carly’s sis)

Tyler & Meagan says:

Mmmmm… I can’t wait to try this, and the chipotle salad. All of your recipes so far have been delicious! Keep them coming!

Tyler & Meagan says:

Tyler & Meagan says:

Ryan, Erika, & Ethan says:

I am definitely going to make this – I am going grocery shopping today and getting the ingredients for this and the chicken salad. Great ideas.

Congrats on the baby, Sara!

Ryan, Erika, & Ethan says:

Congrats on the baby, Sara!

Ryan, Erika, & Ethan says:

Congrats on the baby, Sara!

Hillary says:

Does the condensed milk make it less tart? I’m not a huge fan of lemonade generally because it’s just too tart for my taste, but this recipe has me intrigued!

Kate says:

Yeah, Hillary, the milk takes the edge off the tartness; the whole concept kind of reminds me of a Sonic cream slush, but not quite as sweet.

Our Ohana says:

I am all about yummy drinks…so I am off to the store to buy some lemons!

Sara says:

Emily, they don’t use lemons in Brazil- that’s what they call limes, so hence the name Brazilian “lemon”ade!

Heidi says:

I can’t wait to try this! I love lemonade and this sounds interesting, but yummy.

Kathi and Ryan says:

I don’t think Ryan has ever mentioned “Swiss Lemonade” before. I’ll have to ask him. It’ll be nice to have an alternative to Guarana. (I’m not a huge fan of it.)

Erin says:

I had no idea you would use the entire lime in a drink. I’m really excited to make this. Any chance a brazilian meat recipe is coming up?

Ingrid Wells says:

I just bought the limes to make this tonight! Thanks for these great ideas.

Our Ohana says:

haha I said lemons in my earlier comment when I meant to say limes…guess the name is more confusing than I thought!

Spencer Family says:

AMAZING!!! My sister Stephanie (who knew?) came in town this weekend and made this (and your chocolate chip cookies-yum) and we LOVED it! It is so good, we will definitely be making this a lot.

liso. says:

so delish! you’re right, though…it doesn’t keep well…the bitterness comes back out after it’s been in the fridge for a few hours…adding a bit more condensed milk helps, but definitely better to finish it all at once!

PowellPlace says:

I have made this drink and I thought it was really good, but I thought it had pretty intense flavor. I thought to myself that the next time I made it that I would add a bit more water or something. After reading the other comments posted on this recipe, I have discovered that I used Key Limes rather than regular limes. I feel like such a bonehead, but now I can’t wait to get regular limes (I thought the limes looked small, but I have never cooked with them before) and try this again. LOL! I LOVE THE DAILY BITE!

eve says:

Just made this tonight and it was a hit! Thanks for the step-by-step instructions and the great recipe! Oh, and the pictures help lots too and make the posts even more interesting and try-able. Now, if only I had found out about those small containers of sweetened condensed milk before. I’ve got some left over sweetened condensed milk I need to do something with…

LuCDay says:

YUM! Delicious! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

the mama monster says:

cafe sabor in logan serves this but adds raspberries to it. yum yum yum! thanks for the recipe, i have tried making it on my own and it wasn't quite right. am going to try it for dinner tonight!

Becky says:

This was soooo good! We were so excited to see that we had everything needed for this recipe! Thanks for sharing.

I made this for a get-together recently and it was a huge hit!! I loved it! And the sweetened condensed milk was great to cut the strong lime taste!

Julie says:

FANTASTIC! I bought the ingredients a long time a go, but ended up not making it until today! So sad I waited! It's our new favorite and is so quick and easy!

Brooke - in Oregon says:

I am printing out a BUNCH of your recipes to put in a binder! Trying this one and I am going to add a shot or two of Tequila! :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE all you guys do

kaydensgracedesigns says:

Have you tried using lemons instead? I prefer them to limes just wondering if their skin is too thick/bitter?

Brooke says:

I tried this at a book group one evening, but it was made by a woman who grew up in Argentina. She added mint to it and it was also delicious – sort of a non-alcoholic, creamy mojito.

Billie says:

This sounds SOOOOOO GOOD ! Now I must go find the limes — thanks to Sara for the tip regarding small cans of S.C. milk too!

Appreciate this site and all the good recipes you have posted! I really liked the format of showing the pictures separately from the recipe, so that it was more easily printable though; would like to see all the recipes done that way!

Tara says:

I'm also wondering about using lemons instead? I just inherited lots and lots and LOT of lemons! Love your blog!

Dee says:

Loved this recipe! It turned out awesome.

leslie the licorice stick lady says:

I just wanted to say thanks for this recipe! I served this to my hubby (who served a mission in Brazil) and some friends for our Valentine's dinner date. They all commented on how good it was! My husband said it was just like the stuff he remembered from Brazil. Thanks!!!

Jacqueline says:

Yummy!! very good, made it this weekend for Easter!!! Thanks:) will def. be making again and again. its really easy:)

Cindy says:

Simple. Easy. Quick. And refreshing. Just whipped it up for the next day's activities. Hopefully it won't be gone soon enough! I think I'll make this everyday from now on. A bit too much I think? Well every weekend, that's when all the family members are home anyways. Perfect drink for picnics, gatherings, any sunny day. It's wonderful. Thank you for posting this up.

Mrs. Cardenas says:

Love your website! My sister and I share things through Stumbleupon.com and she sent me your Baked Creamy chicken Taquitos recipes. I had to make them! So after church today I whipped the taquitos up along with some yellow saffron rice and made this delicious lemonade that was PERFECT with the meal! So refreshing and my husband took seconds of both the taquitos and drink…so I'll be making these again! I posted about it on my blog here: http://www.sweetbeansoflife.blogspot.com

Amy says:

Made these tonight to go with our carne asada.
    Sooooooo good!

I just found your blog today and I am hooked! You appear to have the same taste buds as me. You cook with the ingredients I love to cook with. CAn't wait to try out all your fabulous recipes.

olivia's mommy says:

hey ladies! i've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to make this and i'm finally doing it on saturday for a bbq :) yay!

quick question tho – when you say that it doesn't keep very long – like how long are we really talking about? would a couple hours be ok so i can make it before the party starts? or is it better to make it as everyone is arriving??

thanks soooo much!!!
    sara

Sara, you can definitely make all of the parts ahead of time. Like prepare the sugar water and get it really chilled, get the limes ready, measure the sweet and condensed milk, etc. But for best results, I would throw it all together as people are arriving.

olivia's mommy says:

ok you're the boss! :) that's what i'll do then!

thanks for the quick response!!!!

(i'm also making the chili-lime mango skewers – soo excited!!)

MARGARITA BLOOM says:

Wow, looks so delish!!! :)

Amy says:

I made this with the grilled fish tacos (which were a big hit with hubby. He balked at the idea of a grilled fish taco instead of the deep fried version but ended up loving the grilled!). Anyway, the Brazilian lemonade was delicious as well and when I went to look for a small can of sweetened condensed milk at Wal Mart I found instead a SQUEEZE bottle of the Nestle La Lechera milk! That's what I got and it was so easy to squeeze out what I needed and then put the bottle in the fridge until I need it again. So, I just wanted to give a heads up about the possibility of finding the milk in a squeeze bottle at your local Wal Mart. Thanks so much for all your delicious recipes!

bECCA says:

I may be a little on the airheaded side of all things cooking. so dumb question: after pouring in the S&C milk do you put it back in the blender or just mix it by hand? i'm thinking since the milk is so heavy does it stay mixed or sink to the bottom if mixing by hand?

eve says:

I mix by hand, well, with a spoon, and it turns out great for me!

Yes Becca, ditto Eve. Just mix it up by hand, it stirs up really easily.

The Atomic Mom says:

Any suggestions on making it less bitter? I've made it twice now and within minutes it's so bitter, it's undrinkable. Adding sugar does not really help. I also noticed in your pictures of the limes after they've been blended, they were not pulvarized….I've read recipes for this where it says to compeltely obliterate the limes. Could this be contributing to the bitterness?

Atomic Mom- pulverizing the limes is exactly what makes it bitter because you blend the bitter pith into the drink, so definitely avoid that. If it's still bitter than it's most likely your limes. Limes can be incredibly bitter and that will ruin the whole drink. Take a taste of the juice in your limes after you cut them and make sure they taste good before you use them.

The Atomic Mom says:

Thank you Best Bites Ladies. Just made a batch and did not pulvarize the limes. It was very drinkable. :) My 20 month old baby loves this.

Stephanie says:

We LOOOVED this!

Just FYI ……I found sweetened condensed milk at Walmart on the ethnic aisle. It comes in a squeeze bottle…….so, you can just use what you need and refrigerate the rest for another time.

Damaris Kolozsvari says:

Ha, thats funny couse here in Brazil we call this "swiss" lemonade… altough i dont think the swiss acctually drink this very often… it just makes it sound more fancy, hehe.

Marissa says:

OBSESSED with this. Just made it two nights in a row. Mmmmmmm so so so good. :)

Just made this with tangerines for a lovely creamsicle drink! I subbed 3 tangerines for the 4 lemons. Yummy!

Ann Papworth says:

My daughter got me hooked on you two and I just bought one of your new books for her which her husband also gave her. Sooo, I gave it to another daughter. Have used some of your fun crafty ideas for my activity day girls. I returned from a senior sister mission to Brazil a couple of years ago, and creme d’lecht is in literally every dessert. As far as the lemonade–they don’t have lemons there, or rarely, so they use limes but call them lemons–thus lemonade!

Renee Torres says:

I just tried this recipe today and it was yummy. Very tropical. It’s only March but I have summer fever! I did pulverize my limes and it was not bitter at all. I actually went back and processed it a little longer to get a little more lime flavor. My husband and I both thought it was interesting that it almost has a coconut undertone but no coconut in the recipe. Thanks for a lovely recipe. I will make this again this summer.

Nolan says:

New idea for a drink: The Brazilian Colada

3 parts brazilian lemonade
    1 part malibu rum

So good.

Krystal says:

I second Nolan’s “Brazillian Colada”! It’s on my to-make list for this weekend! :)

lindsey says:

I made a batch of this tonight to test for my Easter Brunch…absolutely fantastic. My kids went NUTS for it. I will serve it both non-alcholic and as the “brazillian colada” listed in the comments. Thanks for the recipe!

Dan says:

wow, that looks amazing. Never thought of the combination of condensed milk.

Jason says:

Mouth is watering now. Looks bueno!

Maria says:

Came across this the other day and made it for dinner that very night. Aww-Muh-Gawddd lol best drink ive ever had! Thats a drink that I can see my self making every night! Thanks

WenDee Lee Riffe says:

mmm~~i have never heard of this!! i want to try this as soon as the weather warms up!!! i just love stumble bc i would never have known about this recipe!! thanks!!

brookly guy says:

Just a quick tip: If you zest the limes and then peal them, you will get the same effect without the bitterness. The reason is that you’re not blending in the pith (white stuff) with them.

grace says:

Thanks! I was afraid I would have a tiny window of time on putting the limes in the blender without getting too much peel. Great tip!

What I did was to squeeze out the lemon and mix everything by hand, it still tasted great!

geekbearinggifts says:

If anyone gives you grief about citrus with sweetened condensed milk, ask them if they like key lime pie.

Walter Holm says:

I tried some of this Brazilian Lemonade at this Brazilian Steak House called Chama Gaucha and everything there including the lemonade wassss sooooo delicious! :D

why is it called lemonade if there are no lemons in the recipe?

Wow! We just tried this to celebrate Earth Day to enjoy the natural beautiful taste of such a wonderful lime drink! Will be making this again! Amazing!!!!

Stephanie says:

Has it occurred to anyone that this recipe is for DRINKABLE Key Lime Pie? How could it NOT be good!? I think I would top it with whipped cream & a sprinkle pie crust on a special occasion. (On a not special occasion I think I would sip it straight from the pitcher I mixed it in!)

andrea says:

hi, I´m from brazil and a sweetened condensed milk addicted (here we call this “leite condensado”). You should try with pineapple also. Fantastic!!

Carrie Rollins says:

I grew up as a Missionary kid in Sao Paulo, Brazil and practically lived off of this lemonade! We used to walk down the street right out off of the school campus to a little stand that sold it ice cold….nectar of the gods!

Jamy says:

As delicious and easy as promised!

Allie says:

I made this recipe this afternoon and drank the entire pitcher myself! It’s great, and I will definitely be making it a lot in the future!

Alex Paige says:

This is amazing! I’ve made it twice now and everyone has loved it. Also it’s really easy for my 3 year old to ” help” with. He loves counting the limes and the cups of water and I keep him stirring that sugar water while I cut up limes. He also gets a kick out of pushing the blender button. Such a great afternoon snack!

brand says:

This is soo delicious!! Thank you for the awesome recipes!!

Heather Talley says:

Think I could make this ahead of time, without adding the milk till I am ready to serve it? Not just getting all the ingredients ready and storing separately, but mix everything but the milk? We have a bunch of family coming over Sunday after my daughters blessing and I would like to only have to worry about adding the milk along with the other food I need to have ready…

Penelope says:

Love this stuff. Our first taste was from Tucanos. I’ve made this a few times from your site and we can’t get enough of it. We always puree a few mangoes into it as well. Thank you for publishing it.

Angie says:

When I first quit work, and started exploring recipes in the web, the first blog recipe I tried was a limeade, made in the same way as in your recipe, but without the sweetened condensed milk. It was so freakin awful I decided if this lady can put up this crap, so can I, and I put together my own blog. I have often thought about what was wrong with that recipe, that there must have been a way to fix it, and here it is! I just know this is the most perfect limeade, i mean lemonade recipe ever, and I can’t wait to try it!
    Thanks!

Luke says:

Why couldn’t the recipe be modified to use both cans of sweeten milk, I hate recipes that do that, sorry. for exact measurement one can adjust recipe.

Use 5 1/2 to 6 limes easier to use a 1/2 lime somewhere in a marinade,
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    8 cups water
    8 tbsp. sweetened condensed milk or 2 small cans

Falli says:

Sounds perfect with a lil bit of vodka or gin.

rmgouve says:

here in Brasil it’s called swiss lemonade

TLish says:

Best Drink Ever! So refreshing and easy to make!

Chris Scott says:

We’re on vacation down in florida so I thought this would be a lovely recipe to try and everyone loved it. It was so simple and delicious! Thank you for sharing!

Cynnith says:

This was awesome. Thanks for the recipe. Took it to a party last night and had to make a grocery run for more ingredients!

sherry says:

sounds wonderful crazy

Kristen says:

This is addictingly good! Wow! Going to make it for Bunco this week! This is for sure a keeper!

I thought this tasted great! Pretty close to, if not as good as, Tacanos’ Brazilian Lemonade. Try throwing in some pinapple juice for a touch of awesome.

Luah says:

Yay! People enjoying Brazilian lemonade!!! I’m Brazilian, and yeah, we call it Limonada Suiça, haha.
    But glad you all like it :)

Ali says:

I don’t drink milk so I’m considering trying this with coconut milk…

J says:

Ali, did you try it with the coconut milk? What did you think? I was curious about the use of sweetened coconut milk in lieu of sweetened condense milk for people who are vegan.

Mish says:

This looks fabulous!! My in-laws live in Uruguay South America and are coming to stay with us for the summer….I see this in my very near future!! Has anyone tried to make this a cocktail? I was thinking Pineapple or Coconut rum? Anyone try it yet?

Wendy Fisher says:

This taste great and is so easy to make, thanks Kate! My 8 year old asked if I would make it for her everyday, I’m going to have to go buy my own strainer instead of borrowing :)

Debbie says:

Just made this tonight and it was delicious — thanks for sharing!

Leah says:

Hey! Im brazilian too and I must say we dont usually do that here that much…it is like Limonada Suiça (Swiss Lemonade) but with condensed milk. This kind of drink is usually done with alcohol, like Cachaça or Vodka.

Wanda says:

Made this for Memorial Day (my daughter-in-law finished making it for me).It was a big hit. Will definately be making this again.I love your cookbook.

Hammy says:

I made this recipe with Splenda and Fat Free Condensed Milk, froze it and mixed it with tequila and triple sec to make margaritas! Delicious!

Melissa says:

OH MY GOSH!!! thats so funny, I lived in Brazil for 2 months last year on a mission trip!! huh, small world. I love Brazilian lemonade! Over there they called it sumo de leite, milk juice! Lol This is great. I will definatley make this soon.

veins says:

Well that is really nice and wonderful drink that is and I think the lemons could be best in the summer time. I am Brazilian and love recipes from my country. I am a new follower from the Homemaker on a Dime.

Rachael says:

I made this a couple of nights ago, and we added a few tablespoons of your strawberry sauce to our drinks. It’s really good!!

This is definitely one of the best of life’s enjoyments.

Gretchen says:

I made this the other night and it was delicious. We didn’t drink it all, I had probably over half or half of it left so I added 1 more TBS of the sweetened condensed milk and froze it. It made a very yummy icy dessert. You can evne let it thaw a bit for a nice slushy treat. YUM!

Suzanne says:

hey girls, I’m making a double batch of this today for Father’s Day. Can I use a Cuisinart or should I borrow my friend’s blender?

Trina says:

OH MY HEAVENLY GOODNESS!!!!! I made this tonight and boy was I pleasantly surprised!!! My husband is lactose intolerant so I made one batch with no sweetened condensed milk. It still tasted GREAT! of course I made one batch following the recipe and I loved it even better!!!

Amy says:

We made this to go with a Father’s Day BBQ. The lemonade was delicious.

Rachael says:

Has anyone tried putting any liquor in their lemonades? If so what kind? I was thinking coconut rum, I’m having a big BBQ this weekend and was trying to make a nice refreshing adult drink.
    Thanks!

Michele says:

I made this from your cookbook-which I love- and my son could not get enough! So good and easier than I thought! YUM!

Jo Zimny says:

I don’t drink cows milk so wouldn’t use the sweetened condensed milk, when someone comes out with an alternative I will give this a try, it does sound delicious.

Teresa says:

I made this for Fathers Day along with the all the fix-in’s for a mexi-feast. It was yummy. I had to improvise because the store was out of limes ( weird huh?) so I used key limes and adjusted the sugar and key limes until it tasted good. I’ll try again with limes sometime to compare. Either way I bet is delicious.

Tina Simpson says:

This recipe is amazing…unlike “traditional” lemonade..this drink has the qualities of being tart & sweet at the same time! Definitely a “keeper”, will be making this all thru the summer

colleen says:

I will have to say this would be perfect with a little coconut rum (or a lot who am i kidding) and pineapple blended in as well

Sybil says:

Here in Brazil we call it Swiss Lemonade.. lol
    It’s not our everyday lemonade, our Brazilian Lemonade takes lime juice, sugar and sugar..

Best regards!

Brittney says:

I am new to your blog and this drink was the first thing that I tried…it was Awesome!! Thanks for sharing all of these yummy recipes…I look forward to trying lots more!

Kathleen says:

Just a question, why is your brazilian lemonade called, “Lemonade” if you use limes and no lemons? Shouldn’t it be called “limeade”?

Gwenyth says:

Thank you for the great recipe! It tastes amazing! I made it with my mom (I’m only ten) for the first time tonight! We will be making it again, soon!

Sara says:

Just made this 1 min. ago!! Tastes delicious, especially in this hot weather! What’s also great about it is that it looks like milk and my husband hates milk so I bet I’ll have this all to myself!!

Adrienne says:

Delicious! Perfect with our taco salads tonight-thanks so much! I’m so glad I found your blog.

Sally Spencer says:

Made this last night and it was awesome. Found the thinnest skinned limes I could get and used my Breville juicer. In the pitcher I used my hand blender to whip it good. I think I am gonna make again and this time put in popcicle mold for some yummy popcicles.

Joan says:

My son always wondered why the drinks looked milky while he was in the Brazilian Amazon. Now he knows and we make this for all the time. It is so good and refreshing. Thank you.

Mrs. Diner says:

We enjoyed this great, refreshing drink and included it as an option for our most recent lemonade stand. See our review here: http://www.ratetheplateutah.com/2011/08/eat-in-brazilian-lemonade.html.

J says:

I wondered if Ali tried this with coconut milk. I had been curious about making it with other than animal milk for my vegan friends.

I do plan to try it with the sweetened condensed milk tomorrow. I am taking the ingredients for the Brazillian lemonade and a completed eggplant spread made from heirloom eggplants and the other fresh ingredients from my CSA along with a homemade focaccia to visit my DD, DSIL and new GD.

Mona says:

Was really good. The whole family loved it.

Nina says:

mmmmmmm….. this is so good!

Lindsey says:

delicious! In response to an earlier question, you can totally make it with key limes. I didn’t even think about it when I bought the ingredients, and key limes were on sale so I just used those. Followed the directions the same way and it turned out perfect. Now, I just need to sit down and eat my baked creamy chicken taquitos and sip my brazilian lemonade! thanks for a yummy dinner!

TipsyTina says:

What would mix best with this? I assume capirinha would work best but that’s impossible to find. I was thinking 1800 Silver Tequila or Malibu Rum. Thoughts?

Barbara says:

I just made this and I loved it, shared with my son (12) who thought it was delicious.

Amy C says:

If you have leftover sweetened condensed milk from the larger cans, we use it to dip apple slices in. Tasty!

Virginia says:

Where’s the Vodka??

Alison says:

Made this tonight. It was excellent.

Della Marie says:

So delicious! Thank you THANK YOU for sharing!

Rachelle says:

At Rodizios they have flavored brazilian lemonades. my favorite is coconut. do you think they add actual coconut milk or coconut flavored syrup? i think i’m going to make some this weekend. yum!!!

I’m not sure; I never order the flavored ones- I like it straight up! I imagine though, that they add coconut syrup.

Jilly W says:

Why is this called lemonade when it’s made with limes?

katie says:

Delicious!!! Thank you so much for posting!

Bev says:

This sounds amazing but I have given up sugar! Do you know if there is any substitute for sweetened condensed milk? I only use natural sweeteners such
    as Stevia & Xylitol.

Alexandra says:

I just finished making this and it is officially my new favourite drink!!!

I only had three juicy limes on hand so I used three limes and one lemon and it’s tart and so refreshing. It’s a great mix of sweet and sour and just so fresh!

I’m also thinking of trying to add a little rum or tequila to this for a party but on it’s on it is so delicious!

Amy B. says:

I absolutely love this drink. Thank you thank you thank you for bringing this into my life…..it is the little things… That’s it. :)

Camille says:

This sounds great!!!!!:)

MADISON says:

I loved this!! Your awesome!!:)

A2momma says:

This is DEE-LISH!! Do you know if I can add food coloring to change it up a bit?

Kristy says:

Thanks for the great recipe! We loved it! We love getting it at Tucanos and it tastes just like their recipe!

Amber says:

this is to DIE for! SO SO yummy!

Cassie says:

I made this for my husband, and now I may as well be superwoman! Thanks for making me so impressive!

Laura says:

I made this for Thanksgiving with my extended family (I know, weird huh), and although all the food was to die for, my father-in-law said that this drink was the best thing he tasted.
    I’ve made this many times for dinner parties and it’s always, always, a hit.
    I could never find the little cans of the sweetened condensed milk, but I did find a larger squeeze bottle of the stuff in the Latin food section at Walmart that I can just keep in my fridge for weeks –then I don’t have to worry about leftovers from the can. Plus it’s good for when I need just a little bit for other stuff like sweetening fruit salsa and making frozen melon pops!
    Thanks for this recipe!

Heather says:

This drink was delicious. Very refreshing and perfect for the Louisiana heat

Kasey says:

I tried this today… it was yummy!
    I have to tell you that I found a squeeze bottle of Sweetened Condensed Milk in the “latin” section at my Super Target. It was on the bottom shelf near all the other Latin Milks. It is perfect for this recipe!! (I did take a picture of it if you want me to email it to you)

I love this lemonade. I actually call it Brazilian Lemonade Martinis because I put spiced rum in it. So refreshing.

noob star says:

this was so delish! i used whipped cream instead of condensed milk and fanta instead of the limes, but it was soooooo good! nomnomnom

Candace says:

OH. MY. GOODNESS. This is heaven! Most copy cat recipes aren’t quite the same as the restaraunt, but I think this takes just like Tucanos! My husband and I get full off just the lemonade when we go, so now we can have it at home!! I’m impressed. PS…I was at TOFW in SLC when you were there and I would have never guessed that you had been thru a traumatic experience. So sorry that you had to go thru that, so stressful, I can’t even imagine. Glad he is doing ok!

Donna Ortiz says:

This was refreshing and very tasty. The whole family truly enjoyed this, it will be on our repeat list!

Shana Gamble says:

I have made this twice so far, with my son whose 14. We were curious to see how it would taste and were really happy with how it turned out. Made it magazine today and will make it in the future for our summer BBQ parties. I added some coconut water once and it tasted great also -lime colada. Ginger beer might be good too.

[...] – which is, by the way, the greatest cooking blog out there. Seriously, check out their Brazillian Lemonade and their Pie in a Jar – I know, I know, my blog isn’t about cooking, but later we will [...]

Nakia says:

Do you know the origin of this drink? If so please. Let me know within in the next 10 hours

Amber Morgan says:

This stuff is amazing!!!! Thank you for the recipe!

Kimmie says:

Can not wait to try this! Sounds awesome…Trader Joes sells sweetened condensed milk in a squeeze type bottle.

kelly jacobosn says:

I was wondering about adding alcohol like perhaps rum.What do you think?And suggestions would be great. thanks

You’re asking 2 Mormon girls, haha. I’m not sure! But I think if you read through the comments, people have made notes about that.

Melissa says:

I haven’t tried rum. However reg vodka or some of the flavored vodkas would be great. I think lemon or lime would compliment it well.

[…] sweet Brazilian lemonade made with two very unexpected ingredients, sweet condensed milk and […]

Melissa says:

I also got hooked on Brazilian Lemonade from Tucanos.
    Before I found this recipe I was trying all I could think of on my own to make it.
    The other day I was a being a little sneaky or maybe cheating LOL but I called Tucanos to find out what was in it. I was totally shocked by the sweetened condensed milk. But I did find out one other detail. They told me they use passion fruit puree in it. He said it wasn’t much but they do use that. Now all I can find is passion fruit juice but I actually do not like it at all with the passion fruit. My last batch I tried just a little bit and I still didn’t like it. However I personally go easy on the milk and add it to taste. I just do a little at a time because I don’t like actually being able to taste the milk in it.

Sara Wutzke says:

Oh wow-just made this for the first time: delicious! I foresee many pitchers of this in my summer! With my big ninja, the whole recipe filled the blender to capacity and I was able to do it in one batch. Thanks!

[…] out to make it such. Turns out it wasn’t so simple as all that. I started by following the basic recipe and freezing it in my popsicle molds. Big no. They were terrible. So bitter I couldn’t get […]

[…] Watermelon Slushies | Brazilian Lemonade |Peach Lemonade Slush | Frozen […]

[…] limes provide an extra burst of flavor in this Brazilian Lemonade from Our Best […]