So how better to end the week than a burger?! Some of you may have wondered where I was going, first with the barbecue sauce and then with the buns. That’s right. We’re going to Burgerville.

This burger has so many of my favorite things–barbecue sauce, pineapple, bacon. I mean, really, how can you go wrong? To make it even better, it’s super fast, something you can definitely throw together at the end of a long day and not want to kill yourself afterwards.
Barbecue Bacon Burgers
1 lb. lean ground beef
4 slices bacon
4 slices pineapple
Barbecue sauce (Quick and Easy Barbecue Sauce works great; however, as you can see from my picture, any good barbecue sauce will do)
4 hamburger buns (give the homemade hamburger buns a try!)

Preheat grill to medium. Combine ground beef and about 2-3 Tbsp. of barbecue sauce. If it gets a little hard to handle, toss in some bread crumbs until it sticks together better, but that can be avoided by adding the barbecue sauce a tablespoon at a time and then evaluating whether or not it really needs any more. Shape into 4 patties and toss those babies onto the grill.

In the meantime, fry the bacon. When you flip the burgers, add the pineapple slices to the grill, making sure you get a chance to flip them once as well. If desired, toast your buns. Stop giggling. Place burgers in buns, top with the slice of pineapple, top that with a crispy slice of bacon (broken in half, so you have two smaller pieces on your burger), and top that with another couple tablespoons of barbecue sauce. Things are about to get messy, so don’t even bother trying to make them pretty; a little haphazard sauce adds to the rugged handsomeness of the burger (I’m thinking Daniel Craig as James Bond here–a REAL international super spy would have had his nose broken a few times, unlike Pretty Pierce).

Daniel Craig: Pineapple Bacon Burger

Pierce Brosnan: Gourmet Angus Burger, Eaten with Knife and Fork, Dijon on the Side

So, in the spirit of James Bond…who’s your favorite Bond? Yeah, I’m serious. I get that this is a food blog, but I’ve been all doldrum-y lately regarding my very mundane life (hurricanes aside) and I have experienced some longing in my life to be involved in espionage, so Bond movies are probably the closest this minivan-driving-mama is going to get. So I wanna hear it.

Matt and Carolyn says:

Daniel Craig! Yummy, lol. And that burger looks delicious. Definitely something that Matt would love. Thanks for the good food, and good eye candy!

Erin says:

I’m not a big James Bond fan, but wasn’t Thandie Newton one of the bond girls? Is it sad that I remember the women better than the men?

Anyway, I love bacon on burgers. And pineapple gives it a Hawaiian twist. I’ll have to try it next time!

Angie says:

Yummy!!

BTW! Stubbs brother-in-law and sis lives right her in Meridian only about a mile away! I feel as if I know a celebrity!! haha

Sara says:

That burger looks awwwwesome. Can’t go wrong with bacon and pineapple together!

On the subject of Bond- I think Sean Connery is a classic!

I’ll also have you know that my husband thinks the burgers look great too, but is choosing to opt out of comments today due to the hot movie star talk :)

Katie says:

WOW! Looks delicious!

And I have to go with Sean Connery. Though I can’t say I’ve seen too many Bond movies.

Kate says:

So, in case there’s any doubt in your mind, I’m a Daniel Craig fan. I always thought Bond movies were silly before Casino Royale, but I LOVED it and I loved Daniel Craig in it. I can’t wait for the next one!

happy mommy says:

Sean Connery. Period. End of discussion.

I cannot wait to try these burgers. I love your blog!

ha ha ha ha ha ha. . . I’m laughing my head off at the burger/bond comparisons. You’re SO RIGHT though!

jenimur says:

Yeah those are some pretty good looking…..hamburgers! We have enjoyed these burgers for years now, just without the BBQ sauce. That is definately something to try, especially with your BBQ sauce posting!

Trent and Karen says:

Those look wonderful. I am going to make them tonight. Thanks for the great idea’s. I really like your site and appreciate all the hard work you guys put into it.

Trent and Karen says:

Ok so I made these for dinner and the kids and hubby just gobbled them up. They were super delicious. I didn’t have a pineapple ring so i smashed up pineapple chunks and put on the burgers like paste. Worked great. My oldest son says….MOM why don’t you just buy the cookbook so you don’t have to look up recipes all the time. =0) How sweet.

Cami says:

Although Sean Connery is classic, I must admit to being a Daniel Craig fan.

I used to go to see the Bond movies with my hubby (just to humor him), but I never really liked Pierce. (Although my MIL thinks he’s dreamy!) I never really *liked* a Bond movie until Casino Royale. (I’m with Kate on this one.)

vince says:

"Being a Scot" (Sean's biography – pun intended!), Dr Blockbuster thinks Sean Connery was the best Bond, and from Russia with Love, the best film.

Dr Blockbuster
    Networks & Forums

Sara says:

That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. And Daniel Craig’s not bad either.

Tara says:

I have made a very similar burger for years-yummy! I have to go w/Pierce in the Bond category. I have loved him since he was Remington Steele on TV in the 80's. Tasty-Pierce and the burger…

jenstanerson says:

Looks good! Here's another burger combo to try – bacon, pineapple, red onion rings, (and the burger), topped off with your Zesty Blue Cheese Dressing. YUMMY!

HeatherM says:

Made these tonight and instead of the normal “it’s pretty good” from my hubby.. I got “You need to keep this recipe, you have to make these again!” and I couldn’t agree more!! :) YUMMMMMMM!

Nieśka says:

heavenly feast!:)

Kristine says:

We make something similar but instead of doing barbecue sauce I use teriyaki sauce. It is so so yummy! And no bacon but yes on the pineapple, lettuce, tomato, and some mayo–stole the recipe idea from Red Robin. And it is so so good!

Melinda Kathriner says:

HOOOOOOLY COW! These are phenomenal! I’m not the type of gal to eat two burgers, but I sure almost did. But instead of only 2-3 Tbsp sauce in one pound beef, I do six tbsp sauce per pound. (3/4 cup for two pounds.) My preference is Sweet Baby Rays. I love you ladies!!!!!!!!!!

[...] point of that is that I needed something quick and easy for dinner tonight so we settled on these Pineapple Bacon Burgers from Our Best [...]