So I have a serious addiction to Asian noodles. It’s very dangerous and can be extremely expensive to treat. The problem has been simultaneously worsened and cured by my time in Louisiana–worsened because I want it more than ever before and have yet to find some place to get my fix and better because I’ve yet to discover a place where I want to drop cash for noodles.

I do have to say that if someone has a copycat recipe for Noodles and Company’s Bangkok Curry, I will seriously love you forever–like dedicate our first cookbook to you, name my next child after you, whatever it takes! I miss it so much it hurts.

This is a modified recipe from Allrecipes. Don’t be scared of peanut butter in the sauce–although it sounds gross, it’s a pretty solid staple in peanut-sauce-y dishes because of it’s smooth texture and intense peanut flavor. Even better, it’s fresh, quick, easy, relatively healthy, and addictive–for us, this is Asian takeout, minus the takeout!

Thai Peanut Noodles

1/2 c. chicken broth
3 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
1-2 tsp. Sriracha chili sauce (1 is mild with a bite, 1.5 is medium, 2 is hot)
1 1/2 Tbsp. honey
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh minced ginger
2-3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
8 oz. Udon or linguine noodles
Chopped green onions
Chopped cilantro
2 limes, cut into quarters
Chopped peanuts

Cook noodles in salted water. In the meantime, combine chicken broth, peanut butter, chili sauce, honey, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk until smooth and remove from heat. Toss cooked noodles with sauce and divide among 4 bowls. Sprinkle with green onions, cilantro, chopped peanuts, and garnish each serving with 2 lime quarters. Before eating, squeeze lime juice over noodles and stir to combine.

*If desired, you can add meat to this dish by stir-frying shrimp or very thinly-sliced chicken (partially freeze it first) in some olive oil with a couple cloves of garlic, some fresh ginger, some green onions, soy sauce, and a small squirt or two of Sriracha chili sauce.

Nurse Heidi says:

YUMMY! I’ve been hankering for something along this very line. I love pad thai, love all asian noodley kinds of things, love peanut butter…pretty much this recipe. I’m thinkin’ it’s what’s for dinner some time this week.

Sara says:

We LOVE these noodles. It’s on our list of favorite go-to meals. We usually do it with the chicken so it’s a good one-dish meal, and I love how quick and easy it is.

Some advice- follow Kate’s hints on the spiciness level! The first time I got this recipe from her I put in the full 2t and it was waaay to spicy for me (but we all know I’m a wimp)so I usually just put in barely a t, maybe a half, lol.

YUM!

Hi, where can I find this Sriracha chili sauce? Thanks

Kate says:

Jennifer–you should be able to find it in the Asian food section of the grocery store. It’s in a tall, skinny bottle with a bright green lid and it has a picture of a chicken on it. Good luck! :)

Marcy says:

So would it be too spicy for kids? I mean, if I even did a half like Sara suggested, would it be too spicy for them? This looks so good, and I have shrimp in my freezer right now…

jenimur says:

We LOVE anything THAI! Oh my this looks good. Adding a link to my menu plan!

Sara says:

I have been craving this like crazy ever since you posted it on Monday and I finally made it today. Ahhh, heaven!

Marcy- I would just add a few drops first and then taste it. You can totally make it not-spicy. When I make it Tyler eats it up, so just start with a tiny bit and add until it has some flavor, but not too much heat.

Katie says:

Holy crap. This is THE MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE EVER EATEN. Thanks for the recipe!

Spencer Family says:

I got all the ingredients for this at the store today. I can’t wait to make it! We are also going to try the lemon herb fettucini and white chicken chili this week. YUM!

Malesa says:

That was delicious! I think this is going to be Our Best Bites week at our house. Recipe number two – total success. I love your website! Do you guys have a cookbook?

The Langstons says:

So stinking good that I almost went into a coma from eating too many. Yummy Yummy :)

jenimur says:

I finally made this recipe after many times having it on the menu and not getting to it!

We LOVED this recipe! The kids were a little sensitive to the little extra sriracha sauce that I added. Oh well!

LAC says:

About how many does this recipe serve?

Kate says:

LAC–I would say roughly 4…

LAC says:

Thanks you so much for the recipe! We LOVED it!

Paula says:

OK – I’m convinced – this will be on the table tonight. Many thanks!

Kevin says:

I like using peanut butter in savoury dishes like this.

Michelle says:

I just tried this tonight and it was really good! I made it with chicken and we loved it. I’ve really been enjoying your blog, it looks so pretty and your recipes are easy to follow and look so delicious! Thanks for all the cooking inspiration!

Ooohhh!!! This was delicious. Must have passed it by the first time it was posted so I’m glad you linked it from the beef skewers!! Thank you!! I ate WAY too much because I couldn’t help myself!!!

Crystal says:

I just made this Monday. Every single person in my family of 6, with kids ages 10-2, loved it. Most of them even had seconds and thirds. Thanks for a keeper.

Melissa says:

We tripled the recipe for seven adults, and it was delicious! Be careful not to overcook the sauce, though. We did, so it turned out a little dry. Next time (tonight!) we'll be sure not to overcook the sauce. Awesome recipe – spicy and addictive!

A L and K says:

This has got to be one of my favorite dishes ever!! I make it weekly now, and even made up a half batch for me and DD for lunch yesterday. I cannot get enough!!

Oh and as far as spice, we've found that 1 tsp is really quite spicy, 3/4 tsp is perfect. The thought of 2 makes my stomach churn in pain.

the frog princess says:

I am eating these as I type this. HEAVEN!!

I used 1 1/2 tsp of Sriracha and might go for 2 next time, but I like my spice! Didn't have the patience to wait and cook chicken, but will try that next time.

Definitely a keeper!

rgfranks says:

My family absolutely loves this dish! I double the recipe because the leftovers are fabulous. Added shrimp tonight, Yummy.

Jilly says:

Love this recipe!! my sister made something like this with added cucumber which gave it a fresh cool crunch(small to medium size pieces). I think it would be fine to add some bean sprouts as well to give it that Pad Thai taste.

Jilly says:

oh yeah.. I doubled the recipe, too!!

Nate and Kim says:

Hey I just visited your blog for the first time yesterday after seeing a recipe of yours on the Mels Kitchen Cafe (which has already become a regular in our house.) I saw these noodles and knew I had to try them. They were soo good. I've tried asian peanut sauce noodles before but even my husband said these are so much better than the other recipes we've tried. Can't wait to make this again with the extra ingredients that I have.

Samara says:

Made these for dinner last night. Very yummy, but the sauce was a little runny. Any advice on thickening it up? Do I just need to cook it on the stove longer to reduce it, or is there something else I can do? Thanks!!

Jessica says:

I made these for dinner last night & they were delightful! We're steak & potato people but this was such a nice and easy summer dinner. I cut up some chicken cooked on the stovetop while the water was boiling for the noodles. Then I just made the sauce in the pan with the chicken drippings. I didn't have any of the special chili sauce so I used about 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes to give it a little kick and I didn't have linguine noodles so I used fetuccini noodles. Still a huge success! Thank you so much!

Jessica says:

I'm a sriracha wimp, 1 tsp. is too hot for me!!! I'll do 1/2 tsp. next time, and there will be a next time because these are really good! (except for the burning tongue!)

Jessica says:

Jill says:

I just discovered this blog and settled on this recipe because I happened to have almost all the ingredients in my kitchen already. This was seriously one of the best meals I've ever made on my own. I threw in some chicken to make it a one-dish meal and it was great! For the record, I used 1 and 1/4 teaspoons of sriracha which definitely gave it a kick. I can't even fathom how spicy it would have been with 2. I will definitely be making this one again and I'm excited to try out some others from the blog as well!

Lori says:

I just stumbled across this recipe and realized this is exactly what i've been craving for several days now. Making shopping list now. Mmm.

Sarah says:

this recipe was so good :) I'm glad I could use up some of my asian ingredients because I bought chili sauce for a dish I made months ago and didn't know what else to use it for. I doubled it for a family of 5 and even with some having seconds there was a little left over. I also added thawed frozen asian vegetables (green beans, broccoli, chopped onion & mushroom) as well as chicken and shrimp. I think it would be better with just chicken since shrimp tends to add a more seafood type taste and this is more sweet. I did the 1.5 tsp (doubled for the recipe)chili sauce and only tasted a hint of it so I think others will be fine with that amount. For some reason it was cold when I served it so I might not have waited for the sauce to heat through since I just waited for it to blend..most recipes say wait til it simmers or boils and this didn't so I guess I forgot haha. Thanks again for a great recipe :)

Homekeptheart says:

found this video of a guy from noodles & company making bangkok curry. i didn't know if you'd already seen it (and he was a little sketchy about his sauce :-) but in case you missed it –
    lisa

lytha says:

awesome recipe, i am enjoying it as i type.

i envy you guys in america where you might even be able to get all the ingredients at one stop!

i have to travel all over for these. but so worth it! thanks.

~lytha

Jane says:

I don't know who is in charge of this website but I LOVE the humor and the recipes look FANTASTIC!

CBALZLY says:

oh my goodness!! These are to DIE for! I cooked the chicken up just as you suggested and it was amazing! Just a note, if you don't eat it right away or plan on left overs as the noodles (at least the linguine noodles) soaked up the sauce. Thanks it is one of my favorites!

CBALZLY says:

Oops! I meant if you plan on eating some the next day make extra sauce!

The Whimsical Princess says:

Fantastic! Hubby said this is his new fav. Go easy on the sauce if you have little ones. I made a double batch and used 2 tsp it was too spicy for them. I LOVE IT!!!

Job and Rachael says:

Making these tonight :) I love noodles and company too. Seeing as this post was over two years ago you might have found the recipe for Bangkok Curry already but just in case you haven't: http://www.todaystmj4.com/features/saturdaymorningbrunch/50723992.html
    It is down at the bottom, they call it Coconut Curried Vegetables with Shrimp but same thing :) I can't wait to try both recipes!

Caitlyn says:

we officially LOVE this! I made it tonight with ramen noodles (we ditched the "seasoning" packet of course) and it's a hit. It's also really filling, which is nice. My husband and eight-month baby girl happily slurped it down. (I used sugar instead of honey and lowered the spice so it'd be okay for the baby. And she didn't get any toppings.)

Kendra says:

Made this tonight and it was so good! We doubled it so we wouldn't have leftover broth or noodles and it was perfect. This one is a keeper for sure!

A says:

Oh.My.Goodness… The noodles were fantastic! Even my daughter who is going through an 'I don't like anything' phase right now, told me that although she didn't expect to like them,'they were actually pretty good"!!! That's music to my ears!

end the fiasco! says:

I just scorched my tongue "testing" the broth but YUM~O! Can't wait til it's done!!

darcymae says:

made this for dinner tonight and i'll admitt i was skeptical (i made a similar sounding recipe once that was almost inedible) but it was DELICIOUS!! my whole family LOVED it!! thanks!

Jennifer C says:

Love these noodles. The cilantro and lime complete the recipe! Thanks so much for sharing!

Maria says:

Sorry if you have addressed this before – but do you have the nutritional values (including WW points) for this recipe? Thanks!

Kate @ Our Best Bites says:

Maria–Most of our recipes don't have them, but it's super easy to calculate them if you're a WW member! :)

kristie says:

this recipe is fantastic. my sil has made it several times and i finally bought the ingredients to make it myself. thanks!

ps. i am a sriracha sauce wimp too…if you don't like spicy either skip this step or DO NOT use more than 1tsp

Donna says:

Made this for dinner last night and loved it! Great amount of flavors, especially the peanut butter. Will definitely make this again.

I used rice stick noodles instead since that is what I had. I added some stir fry veggies (frozen mix) which I cooked in some light soy sauce. Also, cooked some chicken with a bit of red curry paste (for an extra kick). Yum!

Jen T. says:

Oh my freakin' yum!

Why did it take me so long to try this recipe?! Absolutely AMAZING!!! I made it along with chicken satay and roasted broccoli and it seriously tasted like something from a restaurant. Thanks so much for your awesome recipes :)

Dani says:

Soooo good! My husband and I have this once a week! Add slivered carrots, snow peas and bean sprouts for some veggies!

Maria Church says:

I love these noodles! This is one of my favorite lunches now…in addition to the tuna salad!

olivia says:

I made this tonight. OMYUM! (that’s oh my yum for you). I am excited to try the other adian peanut recipe you gals have on here, but this one was very easy, delicious and I will for sure make it again!

Meg says:

Wow! We made this tonight, and it has become an instant favorite! The flavors were perfect- I have tried other Thai recipes and different peanut sauces, and this one was amazing! We added the chicken as suggested, and I couldn’t stop eating it plain as I waited for the sauce to cook! Great flavor combos, and great recipes! This is my new go-to site for any good recipe! Truly, thank you! You ladies are wonderful!

LaLa says:

It looks sooo yummy!!
    I just became vegetarian so this is a great dish for me and the family! Thanks for sharing!

Elisheva says:

I’ve been eyeing this recipe on and off for a year or so and I finally made it tonight since I’m a recent sriracha addict. It was amazing! Next time I would totally add vegetables and tofu.

Anita says:

I’m a college student, and love your website!

I don’t know why I didn’t try this recipe earlier, I had all of the ingredients besides honey, so I bought some, and it was well worth it! :)

This will definitely be one of my quick, go to meals for next semester. Thank you! :)

Andrea says:

Oh my yumminess…does this ever sound good! Can’t wait to try it! Thanks!!!!

Erin K. says:

My husband and I LOVE this recipe! We always have to double the batch so we have enough for lunches the rest of the week. We’ve made it at least once a week for the past 3 weeks. Thank you!

A BIG fan from Canada! says:

WOW! This recipe is awesome! I randomly stumbled across your blog while doing a google search for Thai peanut salad, and I am sooooo happy that I did. I made this last night for my husband for father’s day, and he loved it. The only changes I made where that I used about 1 cup of coconut milk instead of the chicken broth, replced the pasta noodles with rice noodles and I added chicken and bean sprouts, and an instant family favorite was created! I will definatly be following your blog VERY closely from now on!

Lisa says:

I noticed this recipie is tagged a vegetarian meal. Sorry to point out the obvious,but the chicken broth in the recipie upsets your vegetarian lable.

PJ Landon says:

Great Recipe! Don’t spend a fortune at a Thai restaurant, stock up and cook double for Lunch/Dinner if you are busy! Thank you.

Katy Belle says:

Yum! I found your site 3days ago and made thses noodles last night. They were a hit! Will definitely make them again…and Im looking forward to the little bit that was left over!

Michelle says:

This is an awesome recipe–otherwise it would never have survived what I did to it last night. Let’s just say that if you’re substituting dry ground ginger for fresh grated, you NEED to REDUCE IT BY A LOT. Apparently 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger is equivalent to about 1/8 tsp dry ground ginger.
    The amazing thing is my family and I still liked it and plan to try again with a sane amount of ginger this time. :)

Elaine W. Rodearmel says:

Can you give some guidance on the brand of noodle I should shop for? I winged it last night when I tried this recipe (bought something called PHilippine Noodles)…it worked fine but would like to know what exactly to look for. Or does the linguine work just as well? Thanks for any advice on this as I’ll be making it often (it was SO darn good)! -Elaine W. R.

If you like it, go for it! :) I actually really love the linguine (and whole wheat linguine, if you cook it long enough, is actually really great, too). You can also get Japanese Udon noodles or even get some rice noodles. Whatever you like!

Meg says:

just as an FYI, a quarter of this recipe is 8 Weight Watcher points plus each:) That is without chicken added, however.

Iris says:

I made this tonight and it was absolutely delicious! I tried different versions in the past, but this was the best! Thank you!

Beth says:

This is one of our family’s standby dishes when I can’t think of something to make. My girl’s might even say that it’s their favorite. I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com, but they didn’t suggest cilantro and lime. We’ll have to try that!

Shea says:

Is there something you can substitute for the chicken broth for vegetarians?

Anji says:

Can I make the sauce ahead of time and warm it up and add noodles a few days later?
    Any ideas for being able to make it ahead of time would be appreciated!

Carrie says:

I absolutely LOVE this recipe from you guys and make it far, far too often! One silly question: do you rinse the noodles after cooking them or not? I never used to for the longest time, but then I read some article somewhere that said since the Japanese udon noodles (that I use) are really starchy, it’s a good idea too. Just wondering what you’d recommend. :) Thanks!

Heather says:

Is there any decent substitution for the Sriracha sauce? You don’t know picky until you meet my kids, so I’m reluctant to buy a whole jar of the sauce for a recipe I’ll use less than a teaspoon on, and may never use again. Otherwise, I’m totally excited to try this recipe!

Heather says:

For the record, I went ahead and made the dish without the Sriracha sauce. It was SO SO good! I bet it is phenomenal with the sauce!! I did toss in a couple shakes of Tabasco, just for a little heat even though Tabasco is totally unlike Sriracha.

Kelli says:

If your kids like spicy flavors, I have no idea how they couldn’t like it! But, if you want to test out the heat factor, I would recommend adding some red pepper flakes!

nannette says:

EVERYONE in my family loves this recipe!!!!! I have to triple this recipe and send some home for grandson. It does freeze well, just add a little chicken broth if it gets too thick when reheating. I slice pork loin very thin and stir fry it with a little chinese 5 spice (about 1/4 tsp) then stir fry pea pods, brocolli, sliced carrots and thin sliced napa cabbage(add this last).with all those veggies, you don’t need alot of noodles and you get a huge bowl for one serving, even veggiephobe son will eat this!!!! P.S. we use a full 2-3 tsp srirachi in each batch.

Kelli says:

This is the best effing dish I have made in a very, very long time! Honestly, it is better than most restaurants I go to! Thank you thank you! So excited to get your book on Saturday! :)

Delish! I like to use crunchy peanut butter for added texture and substituted one tbsp of soy sauce with fish sauce for more Thai flavor.

Shannon says:

This is so easy and awesome!! The spice and cilantro and lime combo is perfect! LOVE this!

Heather H says:

We make this pretty regularly — and love it! We make one addition I saw in a similar recipe – during the last minute of boiling the noodles, we add snow peas and red peppers. It cooks them just enough so they still have bite, but aren’t raw. Then we drain the noodles and veggies and add to the sauce. Easy-peasy. :)

Jo says:

Could this be served cold at a potluck or should I make ahead and heat together in a skillet at the host’s house?

Christian says:

It was good. Probably would’ve been better if I’d actually followed the recipe. In my haste to get dinner on the table, I forgot misread the recipe and put 3 tablespoons of powdered ginger in the sauce. Talk about clearing the sinuses. That and I used my own chicken stock that had spices in it already. I think next time I make stock I need to make some plain for making things besides soup, lol.

Will definitely try again. My only real complain is the sauce was too thin, but that’s minor and easily fixed. :)

Now I need to figure out how to make this instant. (I love those “taste of thai” instant peanut noodles for long days at the university.)