…or white chocolate covered popcorn with candy corn,peanuts, and peanut butter candies. But MoNsTeR mUnCh sounds way more fun and Halloween-ish, right? Have you noticed that I have a popcorn mix for every season?? It’s because they’re so great. It makes a ton, pleases everyone, and involves no cooking! Can’t beat that. This one mixes sweet and salty- a combo I LOVE.

If you’ve never bought almond bark before, you can find it in most normal grocery stores in the baking isle. It’s usually by the chocolate chips on either the very top or very bottom shelves (why? I know not). It comes in a 1lb brick, scored into squares and it melts really easily in the microwave or stove top. It tastes like white chocolate, but is much easier to work with.

Monster Munch {Halloween Popcorn Mix}
Recipe by Our Best Bites

1 package Almond Bark (1 lb)
12 C popped popcorn (about 1/2 C kernals)
1 C candy corn
1 C dry roasted, salted peanuts
1/2 C Reeces Pieces

Pop popcorn and place in a large bowl. Much larger than you think you need. The largest you have. It will make mixing easier! Pour peanuts, candy corn, and reeces pieces on top.

Take a large knife and break up almond bark. Melt according to package directions. I just chop it up a little and microwave it in intervals until smooth and melted.

Pour over popcorn mixture.

Stir until everything is well coated and then spread out onto waxed paper, parchment, or foil. Let sit until completely dry and then break up into clumps.

See? Easy :)

This makes a big batch so it’s great for packing up into cute bags and sharing!

jenimur says:

My question/answer to your question is which one first? Salty or Sweet? One has to follow the other. I am excited for your treat week!

Anne says:

Both!! This sounds really good and easy, I love popcorn.

Jen F. says:

honestly? depends on the time of month. your two guy readers just stopped reading. sorry!
    question: what if you want to air pop your popcorn? do you need to add butter and salt? i’m not a big microwave fan. thanks!

The Wilkes Week says:

I am definitely a both girl too! Love the idea of adding peanuts to the mix of almond bark, popcorn and candy corn. I love to keep a bowl of candycorn and peanuts out during the season. Another thing I love to add to popcorn I cover with white almond bark is fritos – try it sometime. It’s that sweet and salty thing!! Yum!

Christin Foscarini says:

I just found your bog. Im trying to learn how to cook, so hopefully you can help :) This monster munch looks awesome, I think Im going to have to try it. Thanks

The Mitchell Family says:

I swear I eat like a guy more often than a girl so give me the salty any day over sweet. I do like them combined though, this will be a great FHE treat! I’m curious about the air popped corn as well, thanks!

Erin says:

Always sweet! But this monster munch looks really good!

Shara says:

I think I’ll try this with my air popper as well. So about how many cups of popcorn come in one micro bag? Also, what would be a good substitute for peanuts? Pretzles maybe – or not? I’m going to send this to preschool but I’d have to leave out the nuts.

Thanks for another fun recipe!

Sara says:

Jen- I meant to mention that. I prefer the microwave popcorn because I like it to be salty, but you could air pop it if you want to. If it were *me* I’d add a little salt- and I suppose a little butter so it will stick.

Leigh Ann- Fritos?? Interesting! I saw on your blog that you put in crushed candy canes at Christmas time and I thought that sounded awesome.

Sara says:

Oh, and I’ll go edit the post to add the amount of popcorn. If you air-pop it, one bag usually has about 10 cups. I would say you could use anywhere between 10-16 cups.

Cami says:

I love the mix of sweet and salty. I love kettle corn. so. much. I can’t wait to try this. Maybe this will be Kate’s treat to take to her classmates in preschool.

The Davis Family says:

You know what is good covered in almond bark? OR carmel? (carmel is actually best) BUGLES! Try it. I for sure like salty and sweet mixed together!!

RaCh says:

I’ll feed the fish ANY day for a treat like this!

DELICIOUS! Thank you for sharing a bag of this amazing treat with me!

Shannon says:

This for me is Heaven! My two favorite things: Candy Corns and Popcorn.

I have had the almond bark, crushed peppermint candy canes, and popcorn before and it is also to die for.

I guess that answers the question for me: Salty and Sweet.

Mmmmmmm. . .monster munch. . .

Kara says:

Hey Kate, when I was at the store they had the white almond bark and choc. flavored. I got the choc. flavored and then realized you used the white one. Have you had the choc is it pretty good or will it be good in this recipe? I haven’t had it before, so I have no idea.

To answer the question, I love sweet and salty mixed! It’s the best way!

Kara says:

I’m dumb, I guess this was really Sara’s post. :) Whoever. Also, is the white bark more like white choc? Or does it taste totally different?

Sara says:

Ya Kara, almond bark just tastes like white chocolate. In fact, it’s just like it, but it’s made with vegetable fats instead of cocoa butter, so it melts really easily and is great for coating things.

Kara says:

This is super good! Thanks for the help Sara! :)

dijensen says:

I tried this recipe and made it for my friends and neighbors–it was a great hit! Thanks for the great recipe. I can’t wait to try the ginger spice cookies.

Charis says:

I made this treat – delicious. Thanks for the great recipes, and tips. I am back here to get your cornbread recipe, I can’t wait to try it. Love you site.

AA says:

Where do you buy the cute treat bags??

AA- aren't those bags cute? I bought them at a party supply store (Zurchers) but I've seen similar items at Michael's Craft Stores

chefamily says:

I ♥ salty then sweet. Gotta have a sweet chaser after my salt!
    You guys are amazing!! I ♥ all of these halloween ideas!

E says:

Help! I want to make this delicous MM & wanted to know since I am using microwave popcorn which type do I buy? Is it the one with butter or should it be plain? Luv your site girls!!

E- any kind of microwave popcorn will work just fine. I usually try to get the natural type that's low in butter and salt. Enjoy!

moonspiritstudios says:

uhoh. THIS is something I wish I hadn't found…is that bucket the serving size?

Vonni says:

This was FANTASTIC! I had fun making it with my boyfriend, and we had even more fun eating it with his family. It's delicious, fun to make, and the recipe serves enough to leave room for leftovers.

giggliz72 says:

OH MY HECK! We made this yesterday morning and it was soooooo good! Thanks for sharing it!

Kimberly says:

I LOVE THIS SITE. My co-worker has been bringing your stuff to work and I just thought she was talented (which she is). But she told me about your site and now I know her sweet little secret. Couldn't stay out of the Monster Munch. Very very good.

Wendy Simmons-Talbot says:

We're going Phantoming (or Booing) tonite and using this recipe for the treat! Found cute skelton hand treat bags and filling it with the monster much and putting a candy corn in the fingers of the gloves for fingernails! They are going to be so stinking cute!!!

DaNae says:

I microwave my own popcorn kernels in a plain ole' brown paper lunch bag. Add 1/4 cup of kernels,fold the bag over & press "Popcorn" or 3 1/2 minutes–depending on your microwave. Listen for the pops to lessen, just like store bought microwave popcorn. It's simple, easy, no artificial junk & you can reuse the bag over and over. This is a Jillian Michael's tip from her radio show in LA. Our family has been doing this for over 3 years.

Eloise says:

Love this recipe! I actually just made some but with a few variations. I wanted to keep it "nut free" so substituted the Reeces Pieces for M&Ms and the peanuts for pretzel nuggets. Then I used semi-sweet choc chips instead of the Almond Bark since I don't like white chocolate as much.
    Oh- I also made Kettle Corn versus just regular buttered popcorn… That was just for fun really :)
    End result is its super yummy and safe for a school snack!

Cindy says:

Where does one get the little silver pail to put it in, is it a normal pail that you get at the hardware store or is it a short squat one you get somewhere else? Thank you

Cindy, I got it from the craft store. You can usually find them there- but a hardware store would probably work too!

Theresa says:

This is PERFECT!! A great combination of sweet and salty, my favorite! Both together!

Janet says:

Thank you for the recipe! It looks so good!

Brenda says:

This was great! I did substitute, just because I forgot the candy corn. Used 1 cup of Reese’s Pieces and 1 cup of Planter’s mixed nuts (what I had on hand). This is addicting. Took it to a tailgating party, and it was gone in a heartbeat. Thanks for sharing. Will make this again and again.

Katie Hernandez says:

Will this keep for awhile? I want to make it and give as gifts a few days later….

I would make it as close to the day as possible. It will keep for a few days, but it’s definitely better fresh before the popcorn starts getting that stale texture to it.

carol chapman says:

i think i love you!! LOL anything with popcorn, plus…easy quick and cheap! thank you!!

Laysha says:

Yum yum YUM!!!!!!!! How many bags of microwave popcorn would you need for this recipe?

Sherrie says:

Sarah- I used my air popper. Have had mine forever and the only time of the year I pull it out is for homemade caramel corn. I make my popcorn on the stove, not a fan of all the “stuff” added to microwave. I don’t know how blogs work, but I did not read through all the comments before making mine…so I had no idea you had used microwave which of course has salt added or that you recommended adding salt. Mine did have a little salt taste from the peanuts. I used a combo of M & M candies, plain, pnut and pnut butter in place of the Reece’s pieces. I made a batch coated in almond bark and a batch with chocolate flavored bark.

Sherrie says:

Kara
    Actually Almond bark may taste like white chocolate to some, however there is nothing that resembles chocolate in the ingredients. When looking for true white chocolate it MUST have cocoa butter to be ‘white chocolate’. Chocolate FLAVORED also is a clue that it is not in the true chocolate family either. I knew about ‘flavored’, however it has been through a few hours of research over the last couple of weeks I was able to determine the difference between almond bark, white baking chips, and white chocolate.

Jaime says:

Made this with peanut m&ms instead of reeces. So good! It was a hit with the soccer team!

Nona Taylor says:

Added M&M’s with pretzels. Sent them to my daughter in college as part of her Halloween package. It was a huge hit. In fact my daughter said she decided not to share all fo the popcorn baggies cause she wants save some for herself. She wants another type for her Thanksgiving box so I’ll be checking out more of your receipes. This one has been added to my cookbok! Thanks for the great recipes.

Beverly Martin says:

For Shara who has to leave out the nuts. You would need to substiute the almond bark as well if you are leaving out nuts. Maybe white chocolate???

Sue in CA says:

oh dang it, too bad we have p-nut allergies in my family! This looks and sounds so so yummy! Can’t even use M+Ms cuz they are made in a p-nut facility, allergies are the pits

Christine says:

HI! Is Almond Bark the same as Wilton Melting Chips? I have a bag of vanilla flavored chips and want to make this recipe. Thank you!

Amy Bentley says:

This was so yummy. A perfect Oct. conference treat. Thanks

Maren says:

Does this recipe work well with the big bags of pre-popped popcorn you find in stores?

Rachel says:

This looks soo yummy! Question…. how many cups does this make after it’s prepared? Or about how many brown paper bags can you fill with one batch?

karen says:

does the pop corn stay crunchy? pr does it turn mushy?

Nicole says:

I love the paper bags you used! Where did you purchase them?

Cindy says:

THis recipe will not copy/paste. Are you going to make it printable like the others? Thank you.

Amber Watson says:

Made this last night for a “Spooky Movie Night” with my kids and everybody LOVED it. Even my 8 year old who declared he hated white chocolate, peanuts and Reese’s Pieces. Total hit, would love to adapt for Christmas with candy canes