Can you believe we’re at the end of Healthy January? And can I tell you all how badly things are going for my diet right now? Yeah, I have a batch of cinnamon rolls rising right this very minute. It’s been a very long day that was just made infinitely longer when I learned that The Office and 30 Rock are re-runs tonight. I nearly cried. And yes, I do realize how very pathetic that sounds. What can I say, I’m overworked and my sample contacts don’t adhere to my eyeballs like they should. But I digress.

Anyway, one of the better moments of my very long day was this very quick dinner. Pork is often overlooked by dieters because it has a reputation for being fatty, but pork sirloin and tenderloin is EXTREMELY lean–often more so than chicken breasts. I like buying a big pork sirloin roast, cutting it into thirds, and then freezing them. After they’ve thawed a bit, I’ll slice the thickest portion into slices (about 1 inch thick or so) for pork chops and save the ends for something in the crockpot (BBQ pork sandwiches, Kalua pork, pork for tacos, you get the picture…)
This recipe is a summer favorite of mine on the grill, but it’s awesome all year. One great thing is that you can broil these in your oven and they turn out just as well (if not better!) than they do on the grill. Just line your broiling pan with foil before you cook the pork chops so you don’t have suicidal thoughts whilst scraping broiled honey mustard off the bottom of the pan later that night…

The quick glaze comes together fast with dijon, honey, and garlic

prepare the pork by sprinkling with salt and pepper

and then give them the smokey flavor with some liquid smoke

Toss them on the grill

And the glaze goes on at the end of cooking

Cook them just right and they’ll be nice and juicy inside.

Quick and Easy!

Nutritional Information:
Calories: 224
Fat: 7
Fiber: 0
WW Points: 5

Sara says:

This sounds SO good and so easy! We eat pork tenderloin a lot and I think I’m going to try it on the grill with this recipe.

I’ve been meaning to post more pork recipes too, I have some that I love, and we hardly have any pork on our site! Great post.

(That salad is looking pretty yummy too!)

Ann says:

Sure, I’ll come over for a cinnamon roll. That is what you’re saying, right? You need company whilst you eat the most delicious thing in the world?

The Wilkes Week says:

Just found some pork in my freezer I needed to use up and I was wondering what to do with it – now I know! Thanks for sharing!!

I always have cinnamon rolls on the brain. And I bet yours are especially delicious. A good diet boost – go swimsuit shopping. Always motivates me! But yeah, it’s tough. I’m feeling it.

Steph says:

I usually avoid pork because when I cook it, it ends up dry and or tough (except for the pork roast I do in the crockpot) But this does sound yummy!
    I had lunch at Carls jr today if that makes you feel any better :)

Joie de vivre says:

Oh honey, I hear what you say about the Office, I was so disappointed too. Today is a new day to start with your healthy eating. One meal at a time, one day at a time.

Britanie says:

I just found the “Print this Page” button on the recipes and I’m so excited!!! This looks great, I bet it would be good on chicken too….

Bunny says:

This looks wonderful!

suzi says:

This sounds sooo good. I have pork tenderloin in the fridge and have been debating what I want to do with it. Yum! I will definitely be trying this recipe this week.
    About the diet…I have practically starving myself and all I have lost this week is one pound. Diets suck. I fell off the diet wagon last night after a long day at Disneyland–it was the best tasting Big Mac ever!

Ellen says:

I didn’t have any liquid smoke and was running late from returning from work, so I grilled the pork chops and then brushed with the honey mustard glaze near the end. It was so tasty. Can I just say that the best place to buy pork chops — and all meat for that matter — is Costco. I had enough pork chops left over the next morning to make some delicious mustard- honey glazed pork sandwiches for my daughters school lunches.

Missy says:

I made these for dinner and they were so yummy! They were quick and tasty. I just love you guys! Thanks!

Heidi Perez says:

Wow. That was so good. The smoke flavor and the honey mustard – great combo. It tasted like honey mustard pretzels, which I LOVE. Thanks!

Ang says:

These were so fantastic! I was a bit skeptical that something so simplecould really be that good, but I was totally wrong. Yum and easy all in one- perfect recipe. Huge hit with my husband, too.

Incidentally, please repost the asparagus recipe! The link doesn’t work, and I’d love to try them.

Wendy says:

Wow, thanks for this great recipe. My little girls loved this and I think this will be a regular dinner at our house from now on. I’ve only used liquid smoke in cheese balls, it’s nice to have something else to use it for.
    You and Sara are making it really hard for me to enjoy eating out when it’s so easy and far tastier (that’s a real word right?) to just make something like this at home. Thanks so much for the yummy AND healthy recipe!

Jana says:

I just made this with chicken and it was AMAZING! So easy and yummy! Thank you for an awesome recipe!

michelle says:

We tried this tonight and it was amazing. Even my 2 yr old loved it she kept saying yummy yummy. It’s a keeper
    Thanks
    Michelle

Amy says:

Made these tonight and they were really good! I used bone in pork chops and broiled them. Also omitted liquid smoke since I didn’t have any. So quick and easy but very tasty and moist! This is a keeper.

Jenny says:

This recipe deserves mad props for having ingredients that are so simple. MY own sister asked me how I learned to cook!

Lindsay P says:

Made this for dinner tonight paired with baked potatoes and a green salad– perfect quick, easy weekend meal! The flavor was great and all four kids asked for more. :)

Aubri says:

We made these for dinner last night…soooooo good! I only had whole grain mustard and we loved them! The liquid smokes really makes these. Thanks!

Mara says:

I’m researching recipes for my cooking group (we do freezer meals together) What would you recommend for prep day? Would you put liquid smoke on the pork chops before you freeze or wait until I’m going to cook them?

Mary says:

I’ve made these twice in the last couple of months–they are deceptively amazing for how simple they are. Thank you!!!