Kate threw me for a loop on Friday when she posted Pizzookies instead of the pizza that was on our calender. You see I already had planned this chocolate chip cookie-ish treat for today. So I quickly scrambled through my files to see if I had any other posts all ready to go. Why? Because it would be weird to post two warm, gooey, individual sized chocolate chip cookie-ish treats in a row, right?? You’re all saying no in your heads, aren’t you? Me too. And that’s the moment I realized that I was vastly underestimating the caliber of our readers. If there’s one thing Our Best Bites fans can handle, it’s MORE COOKIES! Am I right or am I right? I say let’s bring it on!

I saw a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie on Your Home Based Mom’s Blog and had to make it. It’s nearly identical to Nestle’s Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Pie, which I’ve always wanted to try. So I made it a few months ago for a friend who just had a baby (conclusion: chocolate chip cookie pie = super yum). While it was in the oven I started thinking that since it was probably really sweet and really rich, it would also probably be really good in a bite-sized version. I started playing around with it and I think I was right! Scratch that- I was totally right. The recipe works out perfectly to make 24 mini cookie pie bites. These little things are not only completely adorable, but SO good and super addicting. Warm out of the oven they’re so soft and gooey, but the great thing is that they’re still super soft even the next day. So this is the perfect thing to make ahead of time for a party, shower (of the baby or wedding sort, don’t actually eat them in the shower, that’s weird) or just for eating at home. You can even warm them up if you want when you’re ready to serve them. My little boys loved these too because they’re just their size.

You could also switch it up and use butterscotch chips, or peanut butter chips. Next time I’m going to try it with chopped peanuts and white chocolate chips. You really can’t go wrong. I mean, cookie dough + pie. Why didn’t I think of this??

Gooey Cookie Pie Bites

1/2 C butter (that’s 1 stick), melted and cooled
1 C sugar
1/2 C flour
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 C chopped pecans, toasted (are you a nut hater? Just leave ‘em out)
1 C mini chocolate chips*
9″ unbaked pie shell (I just use store-bought, but you could make your own)
mini muffin pan

*if you’re using another flavor of chips that doesn’t come in mini, give them a rough chop so they will distribute evenly

Preheat oven to 350.

Batter: In a bowl combine the butter, sugar, flour, eggs, and vanilla. When combined stir in chocolate chips and toasted nuts. Wow, so hard, right? That’s your filling, set aside.

Crust: Right out of the box the pie crust is way too thick, so bust out a rolling pin and lightly dust your surface. I rolled mine out to approximately 13-14″. Look at my pictures and eyeball it. Just remember you want it pretty thin, and it will expand while cooking. You will need to cut out some circles and then re-roll the pie crust.

A 2.75″ circle fit my mini muffin pans perfectly. So use a cookie cutter, or grab a cup from your cupboard. Chances are you have one that’s the perfect size!

Then take your little dough circles and press them into the mini muffin pan.

Place one Tablespoon of batter in each one. Look how cute they are already!

Pop the pan in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. (although you may want to check them around 15 minutes as someone in the comments mentioned there’s were done in less than 20) The tops get this awesome crinkly crust on top- that’s how you can tell they’re done! Just lightly golden brown too.

When they’re cool enough to handle, they should pop right out of the pan. If you need to, take a sharp knife and run it around each one to help them out.

The best part is the inside. Warm flaky crust, oozing melted chocolate, sweet gooey doughy stuff, and a hint of toasted nuts…

Serioulsy, yum.

Can’t…stop…eating…

This is after they’ve cooled completely. Notice how it sets up, but you can still tell how soft it is inside.

That’s all folks. Hope y’all (that’s for Kate) are having a fantastic Monday- tell us how your day is going- and then go make a treat!

Sheila says:

I made the pizzookies and they were incredible! My husband (who is always a little hesitant with the “junk food” had two helpings). It was a great Friday night treat. These look just as good; you have now supplied me with another Friday night treat. Your site is wonderful!

Kara says:

I’ve been waiting for these ones, lol. Ever since you posted them on FB. I almost e-mailed you the other day to find out when they’d be here. I’m excited to try them.

Kara m.

CaSaundraLeigh says:

Wow! What a unique(and delicious looking) creation! Thanks for sharing =)

Heidi says:

I have to make these. What a great idea!

Oooo. . . Flaky pie crust marries gooey cookies – how ingenius!

Your pictures are heavenly. . .

Tricia says:

Sara brought this pie to me when I had my baby and it was fabulous!! The mini bites are a great idea too! I can’t wait to make them!

Jaime says:

My husband makes the toll house pie every year for Thanksgiving, passed down from his mom and these look just like little miniature toll house pies. What a great idea!

Kate says:

Sorry for the loop-throwing! The last time I’d checked the calendar you were posting something else. Ah, well, no one can complain about too many chocolate chip goodies! :)

Anyway, those look awesome! I’ve never been convinced to try the chocolate chip pie before, but now I think I am…

Karly says:

Those look AMAZING. Yum!

Leigh Anne Wilkes says:

Love, love the idea of cookie pie bites!! Can’t wait to try them!!

Thanks for sharing!

becca says:

Y.U.M.

Need I say more?

Ingrid says:

I say bring it on! I’m making these too! Geez, I’m gonna be as big as a house!

Not too long ago I was a 0/2 and had abs. :( I was so proud to be a mommy of 3 with a flat tummy! Oh, well! :-)
    ~ingrid

I am wiping the drool off my computer screen. Toll House pie is my all-time favorite dessert so the idea of making it bite sized is diabolical!!! Thank you for your evil geniusness!!!!!

I make chocolate chip cookie pie at least every Thanksgiving–and sometimes other times too! I hadn’t ever thought to do mini-size! Genius! I’m not a nut fan…but you can hardly taste the nuts in this pie. And last year I added shredded coconut to the pie–so good!!

The Un-Organized Mom says:

Found you over at “Todays Creative Blog” and I have to agree with Kim when she said “OH DEAR MOTHER OF PEARL”!!! Your site is FABULOUS!!

Taryn says:

Oh my! Yum! ::drooling::
    I am going to have to try those!
    I just hopped over from Today’s Creative Blog, and I am IN LOVE with your site!
    Thank you for sharing this recipe!

Love,
    Taryn

Ramona says:

Hello! I am here from Today’s Creative Blog….congrats! Your blog is wonderful and I will be visiting often…but before I leave…I am off to drool over your yummy recipes! Thanks for sharing.

Smiles ~ Ramona

Our Family says:

Oh, can I say YUM!!!! Those look delicious! Thanks for sharing! I will be back to visit your blog many more times! :) Lana

Jessica@Foodmayhem says:

OMG, yummers!

The Other Tiger says:

Wow, what a cool idea for a cookie! Er, pie!

Maria says:

Wow, those look really tasty!

katskitchen says:

Those look great, as with pie, you don’t have to mess with cutting or eating utensils when you want some, love it!

The Cookie Girl says:

Hello! Stopping by from SITS and I am in LOVE with this recipe! I am the Cookie Girl and must make these sinful treats. YummmmmY!

Cakebrain says:

wow! these look amazing! gooey is always good in my books!

Christine says:

These were sooooo good! Sinfully good! Thanks for sharing, we loved them!

CupCake FabuLous says:

YUM!

Yum–bite size is great too! I made these over the weekend while we had company (so didn’t have many leftover–and hubby was asking me to make more!). My pan must be a bit smaller or my oven cooks fast or something…but mine were almost overdone at 20 min.

elesa says:

Your pictures are so awesome. I made these yesterday and they DID NOT turn out. My batter was too thick, so it was a lot more of a dough, and all my little pie bites fell so that they were not pretty in the least. They still tasted good of course, but i want them to be pretty! I’m sure i followed the recipe right. Any idea what might have gone wrong?

hmmm elesa, I wondered what happened…the dough should be more of a batter like in my pictures. Did you melt your butter? The only thing I can think of is that maybe you accidentally added more flour than it called for? That’s really weird!

elesa says:

Oh well, the only thing I can do is make them again. And again, and again until I get them right. Because I’m dedicated, and I’ll do what it takes.
    Thanks!

Kerri says:

I just made these, and left out the nuts due to a child w/nut allergy…they didn't taste right. Is there a substitute for nuts?
    Also the big Nestle version has brown sugar, but this one does not in the ingrediants, but then says mix the sugars (s — plural)?? These look so yummy. help!

Kerri, bummer they didn't turn out for you because they should be sooo yummy! There's only one sugar in there and I'm not seeing where I wrote sugars plural, am I just missing it? I need to correct it if it says that. I wonder if you could have measured something wrong?

Lauren says:

holy cow. just finished making these and, boy are they good! thanks for the recipe!!

Angela says:

So glad you just posted the full pie!! Eating the entire batch of these was really tiring:) OMG… SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!

Crystal says:

Just curious have you tried making these with Splenda instead of all sugar?

Crystal- nope. Honestly, it's butter and chocolate in a pie crust- so I don't see much point in subbing for the sugar :) I think in this case, eating less of it is better than eating more of it with slightly less calories (and not as good).

Mendy says:

Looking for a wedding shower dessert for 50 people and I thought this is one of the things I could make. Is this something you could eat without a fork? I have a $50 budget and these look yummy!

Cecily says:

Made these today for a non-dairy Mom’s day dessert (as my mom can’t do dairy. I so wanted to make that strawberry cream pie, but that will have to wait). :) They were a hit with my mom and dad and everyone who tried them. I was just proud of myself for making the crust from scratch. I’ve never done that before and your ‘talk me off the ledge’ recipe was just what I needed to give me the courage to dive in. The crust was perfect and flaky and everything was just right. YUM!

Ashley says:

just wondering… and maybe I shouldn’t :), but would it be possible to do these in regular sized muffin pans? Would I have to lower the heat and bake longer?

m loves to cook says:

just curious why not use brown sugar? is it better with white?

Katherine says:

I made these and they were perfect! definately recommended. I want to try them with brown sugar next time.

Maggie says:

Wow! These bites are scrumptious!! Made some and took them to church today and came back with a list of people who wanted the recipe! :) Thanks for sharing!

Hyeson says:

I loved the idea of making mini cookie pies for gatherings, so I have made these many times. Truthfully, my family’s favorite, though, is to sub the chocolate and nuts with toffee bits. Nice warm toffee bites are hard to top! I’m thinking about trying out a more fall-ish bite with pumpkin. Thanks for a fabulous idea!

BlondeBomber says:

These look so insanely good. They don’t even look like cookies – they look like the best cupcakes ever! Oh man, I am going to have to try cookies in a muffin tin! YUM! thanks!

Natalie says:

Perfection… I mean cookie and pie… it doesn’t get much better than that. I made mine in store bought tart shells (because I have a huge irrational fear of pastry making) Thank you so much for all the work you do on your blog… it has helped me re-claim my love of cooking! I have been making almost a recipe a day of yours for the last two weeks and every one of them has been great! Keep up the awesome work… it is truly appreciated!

Audrey Corners says:

These are the best little bites ever! I made them for my daughters 4-H BBQ and they were the first dessert sold. Thanks for your amazing recipe!