This salad was conceived when I needed to clean out my fridge. Sad but true. I had a whole bunch of stuff about to go bad as well as some leftover Old-Fashioned BBQ chicken last “fall.” I put “fall” in quotation marks because while the rest of the northern hemisphere was experiencing falling leaves and crisp, autumn air, I was still cohabitating with fire ants and mosquitoes in Satan’s Steam Room. So it was hot, it was muggy, and I wasn’t exactly in the cooking mood. Well, I threw this together, and it was up there with the top 5 most delicious things I’d ever eaten. Pretty good for lazy leftovers, right? The great thing is that you can really use whatever you have and/or whatever you like. Not crazy about hard-boiled eggs or blue cheese? Leave them out and replace them with something else in your fridge that’s about to join the Mold Fold.

Kara says:

I am always on the lookout for a great main dish salad. This one looks sooo yummy!

gramee says:

this looks so delicious!! i don’t know how with over 400 followers i have not heard of your blog before now?? i am loving what i am seeing!!
    i am now going to be a faithful follower!

Maria says:

What a tasty salad!

The American Homemaker says:

I love cobb salad… yummy :)

Nana says:

Beautiful Blog. Everything looks so yummy. Way to go.

Kevin says:

I have not had a cobb salad yet. It looks nice and hearty and tasty!

Britanie says:

Made this for the in-laws yesterday, it was a huge hit and very filling, thanks!

Allison says:

I couldn’t get the blue cheese dressing to come up on this page, where did it go?

Allison says:

Nevermind I found it right under the cobb salad on the other page before this one.

Joan says:

Made this recipe from the cookbook and it was delicious!

Vanessa says:

one of my favorites! Have made it many times and always like it!

Kim Wresh says:

Made it for a lunch party with my girl friends. SO GOOD!

Back in the 50s I would eat occasionally at the Brown Derby which is where the owner, Bob Cobb invented the Cobb Salad. The original had no onions and was served with a tureen of vinegar and oil dressing plus crumbled Roquefort cheese. The lettuce was a mixture of Romaine, iceberg and watercress. All the ingredients were chopped a bit finer than your illustrations show (I have NEVER been served a Cobb Salad in any other restaurant that was properly chopped.) Anyway, when I make this at home I prefer to use Blue Cheese instead of Roquefort.

I must give your version a try (without the onion) as it really sounds yummy. The BBQ chicken is a nice twist.

I can pass on the original recipe for those who would like it, including the dressing.