I started the poll on the sidebar last week because I wondered if I was the only one who used an outdoor bbq almost every day this time of year. Apparently I’m almost the only one, lol. There weren’t too many of you there with me, but a large majority are grilling at least a couple of times a week, so that’s good! I’m going to tell you right now that you’ll be seeing a lot of grill recipes from me over the next few months because that’s what I do this time of year. Really almost every day. So if you don’t have a bbq, go get one!

These beef skewers take some time to marinade, but they’re pretty quick to throw together and they use a lot of my favorite flavors. See?

Usually I’m a stickler for fresh ginger, but I made these once with powdered ginger when I was out of fresh, and I actually liked it better. You could definitely use fresh if you want, but make sure to put in a couple of tablespoons since dry is more concentrated.

Like food on a stick?
Bacon-Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken Skewers
Chili-Lime Mango Chicken Skewers

Joelle says:

I’ve just discovered your blog a couple of days ago and I’ve been devouring all your past notes!!

I’ve already tried the Bermuda dressing and I almost drank it from the bottle…

Here in France, people tend to be really classical concerning food but your blog just made me want to try new stuff!

Cheers and like we say here “Bonne continuation!”

Courtney B says:

These look so yummy. I can’t wait to try them!

the ungourmet says:

This looks yummy! Love that chili sauce!

jill says:

I just bought a pack of flank seaks at costco on sturday and was wondering what to do with the other one…now I know! thanks for the great recipe. Oh, and thanks for the intro to southern alchemy! I took advantage of that sweet discount and just spent WAY too much on their website!!

becca says:

YUM! I think flank steak is probably one of the best things on earth. These look delicious!

OREGON SOUTHWORTHS says:

Oh good! Something new to put on the grill besides burgers and hot dogs! I’ve been loving that the BBQ has been put to good use already, but I think I’m over hot dogs for a while. Gotta go put flank steak on the grocery list for this week! :)
    - Jennifer

mamabeck says:

Had I clicked over from the reader and seen the poll, you wouldn’t feel so alone! I SO use our grill almost daily (at least 5 days of 7), and usually year-round. I got it cleaned out the other day really good, for our move, and it will be set up as soon as it can be…AND USED!!!!

Pam says:

Mmmm perfect! I happen to have a flank steak thawing right now. I know what marinade I’ll be using!

Heidi says:

I’m excited to try these. I also grill almost everyday, but my 2 year old twins turned my grill on and ran out my whole propane tank that I had just filled. I’m going crazy without it so I’m going to have to go get it filled now.
    Thanks for all of the yummy recipes!

Erin says:

Will you come to my house and make these for me? I bought skewers last season, but have yet to use them. I think I am scared of them.

But my stomach is growling just looking at these. Yum!

Mary Kelly says:

mmmm… put all my favorite flavors into one recipe. I can’t wait to make these for husband. He will be so impressed.

The Amoah-Boadi Family says:

Sounds yummy! Unfortunately I don't have a grill and I can't really have one where i live (apartment) Can you give us another way to cook these (and future recipes)? I would love to try them out!! thanks for being so great!

Amoah-Boadi Fam-

Thanks for asking- I forgot to write that in there! If you don't have an outdoor grill, you could cook these under the broiler in your oven, or on an indoor grill pan.

MommytoTommy says:

Wow!! These look AMAZING!!! I don’t have a grill, though :(

Katrina says:

Hey, fun blog! Thanks for visiting mine!

Katrina says:

P. S. Sara, I grew up in Boise/Nampa! I miss my hometown! ;)

The Ditts Fam says:

Hey-what is the broiler time? I’m sure I could figure it out, but ya know me and my stupid questions. Ha ha. We need to steal our grill back from my mother in law. I totally miss it and my panini grill is taking a beating.

Pyper, same instructions apply. Should just take a couple minutes on each side and you’ll want to flip them once once side is cooked!

The Amoah-Boadi Family says:

thanks sara!! good to know!

Bunny says:

I love grill recipes and this one looks like a great one!

sliceofsueshe says:

these look awesome. i love the flavor combo. i'll definitely be trying this recipe soon.

Cate says:

oh yum – perfect way to ring in the grilling season – delicious!

Darci says:

These look delicious! I voted for kids week. Now that the sun has finally arrived and school is almost out, I need some help with fun ideas. I'll anxiously await next weeks reveal.

Swiss says:

I will try ommitting the honey and let you know. I do not eat what flour or sweetners so always looking for something interesting and flavorfull.

First time- love your blog so far.

Swiss says:

wheat, flour I mean geeeesh

We tried these tonight, and they were officially a success! If I'd known meat-on-a-stick would be so popular with my son, I would have done it a long time ago!

Jessica says:

These sound very tasty; I plan on making them this week. What vegetable would you serve with these?

Jessica, I generally pair these with a veggie I can prepare quickly and toss on the grill at the same time. Bell peppers, zucchini, etc. Just drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper before grilling. Sauteed fresh green beans are great too. I cook them with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and then give them a little squeeze of oj or lemon.

Katie @ goodLife {eats} says:

This looks excellent! I have some flank steak in the freezer, so I think I'll be making this soon.

Pam says:

I used this marinade for flank steak and my entire family LOVED it. Thanks for the great recipe.

Karen says:

Made these last night. Amazing!

mnmspecial says:

I just made this tonight and it was hit although some complained it was a bit spicy. Everything I have made from your site has been a big hit! Thanks!!!

Vanessa says:

Tried these last night with the rice you suggested and also your sweet & spicy cucumbers-the combination was awesome. Wishing I could afford flank steak every week now!

Could you substitute fresh ginger root for the dry ginger?

Vendy Borzea says:

I didn’t see the poll but I use my grill almost every day. I have zucchini coming on and I love to cut it into “steaks” and grill them, along with portabella mushrooms and eggplant.
    Your recipe looks amazing. I am going to try it with pork and chicken.

Nona Taylor says:

Okay, these are a HUGE hit in my family. My daughter doesn’t like beef but she ate 5 sticks of meat! Wonderful receipe. Loved the favors. Marinated for 4 hours for the ones cooked for dinner. Marinated the other 1/2 of the receipe overnight. The flavor was even better. Great with rice & vegies. Another great receipe to add to our dinner menu.

Maureen says:

I just found you while “pinning” some recipes on my page. I LOVE the pictures you include to help people like me feel more at ease while trying new recipes. Thanks for your time and effort!

Ashley says:

I made these tonight for my husband and in-laws and all of us loved them! I was nervous because I didn’t have sesame oil or ground coriander so I substituted cumin for coriander and then left the oil out altogether. They tasted great, I love the orange zest and hint of spice. I’ve tried so many of your recipes and have yet to find a “bad” one. Thank you!

[…] Orange Thai Beef Skewers from Out Best Bites […]

[…] predictable soy/lime/ginger/curry one, an interesting cilantro/peppercorn/garlic paste one, and an orange/honey one, which frankly sounded more like Chinese to me than Thai, but yummy all the […]