I’ve been on a skewers kick lately. I think we’ve established the fact that food on a stick is fun, and skewers are great because you can get a whole little meal proportioned out in single servings. Don’t be scared by the word “Indian” (admit it, some of you are!) This is every day stuff you probably already have in your cabinet.  I love these flavors together and it was a great way to use up the pork tenderloin I had left over from making this recipe. I’ve made this with chicken too and it was great, but I think I actually prefer the pork! This is a great quick and easy summer time dinner.

Nathaly says:

One of my best friends is Indian, so I've eaten quite a bit of Indian food. My all time favorites are Chicken Tikka Masala and Buttered Chicken. They're very similar, depending on who's making it. At our local Indian restaurant, I like the Tikka Masala better. And with some Garlic Nan bread…YUM! I crave it almost as much as I crave sushi.

Leah says:

Oh, we love Indian Food we had it last night. If any one is in Provo they must drive directly to the Bombay House. He don't get much Indian Food out in Oklahoma except what I make at home. We like Tikka Masala quite a bit, not sure how "authentic" it is, but quite enjoyable. I usually make some naan with it, which is always yummy. I am looking forward to this recipe, just purchased some pork on sale.

Nurse Heidi says:

We LOVE Indian food! My hubby's fave is Chicken Tikka Masala. Here's my version:

We love it best with Peshwari Naan:

Really, you've got to try it! And if you ever come down this way, give me a heads up and I'll make you a batch.

Mary Kelly says:

I've never had real Indian food either but all the flavors in this recipe sound super good. I love curry flavor.

Britanie says:

Sara, would it be absolutely horrible without the curry in it? I've had allergic reactions to curry in the past and don't want to take any chances, but I think this would be a great way to use some of the pork roasts I have in the freezer.

Britanie- curry is definitely an important ingredient here- but I'm sure it would still be tasty without it. Give it a shot and let us know how it is!

Julie says:

Indian food is my absolute favorite. I will eat Samosas any time any place, but some of my other favorites are alou ghobi, channa masala, or Palak Paneer. Nothing is better than Masala Dosa though. I occasionally make an alou ghobi type dish at home, but mostly I find its not worth trying to make Indian at home because its never as good. That doesn't keep me from putting turmeric and garam masala in plenty of stuff though :)

MollyE says:

Oh, Indian food is my favorite cuisine. I could just die happy every time I eat it. We found a great place here in Boise, they even have a lunch buffet so you can try lots of different things at once. Amazing!

Tara says:

Being half Indian, I have had plenty of authentic YUMMY Indian food. This looks good-might try it! Bombay House in Provo is YUMMY but according to my Indian dad, not very authentic. He said it has been "Americanized". So yummy though

Daxenos says:

I love making Indian food! Chicken Korma is my absolute favorite along with some Naan and (my Americanized) mango chutney…I'm in heaven!

I'm also a big fan of Tandoori chicken with black pepper rice. Dang, now I'm gettin' hungry!

Cara says:

We had this dish last night, and it was amazing!! I served basmati rice and acorn squash. Loved it! This will definitely be making a regular appearance at our house. Thanks for sharing!

julie! says:

Is it possible to bake these in the oven? We have over a foot of snow here and I am NOT about to fire up the BBQ…
    anyone?

Julie- yes, you could do it in the oven. I'd pop them under the broiler (but not at the very highest rack) or bake them at 425. You could also do them on an indoor grill pan. Be careful with wood skewers in the oven though- make sure to soak them first!

julie! says:

phew. Thanks Sara. You saved the day

Allison says:

We love Indian food too and my husband's favorite is Basil Coconut Chicken Curry (found here http://mykitchencafe.blogspot.com/2009/09/basil-chicken-in-coconut-curry-sauce.html ) Thanks for another great idea–can't wait to try these!

Patrice says:

These look absolutely fabulous! I'll be making these for dinner tomorrow night! Thanks ladies for the great recipes. I'm really diggin this site.

Tricia says:

Thanks for this recipe! I've never had Indian food but I've been wanting to try it. I made these last night and they were pretty good. I marinated them for a long time (about 7 hours) and they were a little too strong. I think that, next time, I will marinate them for less time and cut back on the curry amount a bit.

Lisa says:

I really liked this recipe. I added mushrooms to the skewers and thought they were really great with it. I love the curry flavor, but also likes that it was a mild curry. I agree that the coconut rice is excellent with it.

I’m really excited to try this recipe! I recently became obsessed with Indian flavors after making tikki masala for the first time. I used the recipe out of the Sriracha Cookbook by Randy Clemens. It’s AH-mazing…a little spicy, but I put a dollop of plain yogurt on the top to cool it down :)

Shannon says:

I wanted to hop on here to let you ladies know that this is one of the recipes that didn’t transfer over to your app (I’m sure you’ve already been made aware). This is one of my favorite recipes on your site because it’s so flavorful and versatile. I use it on a full pork tenderloin rather than skewers because I’m too lazy to cube and skewer my meat when I can just grill it whole. ;) but it works great on other things too. I do it with chicken served w lentils and brown rice, and my favorite is actually on shrimp with a little extra lemon served with saffron rice and garlic wilted spinach. We’ve done a lot of variations, but this marinade always always always works. Love it!