I love fun summer drinks, and y’all should know that around here “drinks” always refer to non-alcoholic family friendly ones! These are modeled after traditional frozen lemonades but with a few twists. It’s a slushy orange-lemon mix perfectly sweetened and poured over a gorgeous raspberry puree. The taste is amazing and the presentation- well, just look at it! It really is that bright and vibrant. They’re pretty darn impressive, and not hard to make if you do a little make-ahead prep. So next time you want to have something special for company, for your sweetie, or just for a night in with the fam, these are perfect. And I would even say they’d be yummy in the morning too for a special breakfast or brunch.

You can use fresh squeezed OJ, but to make things easier, I just use a good bottled one like Simply Orange.

If these sound good, try out some of our other drinks!

Maria says:

What a refreshing drink!

Bethie says:

What a pretty drink. I might have to try this one.

OREGON SOUTHWORTHS says:

Pretty AND refreshing! These look really good.
    Oh, and the chocolate zucchini bread was a HIT!! :)

Jada says:

Yum! Ever try adding yogurt? It makes for more of a smoothie than a slushie, but it's great!

Leigh Anne Wilkes says:

Yum, yum!! Definitely going to try this. Could use one day – it's nice and hot here in Utah where we are!!

Dean and Amber says:

THese sound so good. I just got out of surgery today and something cold on my throat sounds wonderful. YUmmy

Katie Tyler says:

These look delicious!
    But I am actually asking a question about something else…
    Can you buy "bad" flour?
    I just made the Choc Zuch Bread (and this actually happened on the last few things I baked) and the flour was EXTREMELY lumpy!! I tried to stir it up better before I added it to the wet ingredients (becuase it ruined a cobbler a few weeks ago) and it still was lumpy! I have never had this problem before – but since I opened this bag of flour it has been lump after lump. Is it bad flour? Is it the humidity? Am I going to have to sift everytime I bake? aaagghhhhh! HELP!!
    :)thanks

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction says:

This sounds so refreshing. I love the vibrant colors in the drink!

Food For Tots says:

A great thirst quencher for summer! Looks so refreshing!

danazia says:

Ohhhhh, I have really been into smoothies lately and these look delish! And they are beautiful as well. Don't you just love beautiful food? Nice post. Thank you!

TheFitnessFreak says:

Oooh, I am going to replace the sugar with agave and make these! Thanks for the recipe:)

Natalie Pyles says:

I made this drink tonight and it was amazing!

azbaby24 says:

When you say T in the recipe, I am assuming you mean tablespoons???

Yes! T = Tablespoons and t = teaspoons

Jaime says:

I just want to say that I think McDonald’s totally copied their new frozen strawberry lemonade after your creation and for the record, yours is far better!

shea says:

This looks so good! i LOVE slushies and mccdonalds did copy you.i absaloutly envy you, on your creative recipies.

Lisa B says:

Thanks again for another great recipe! So pretty and so good! Yes, I “accidentally” ate all my raspberry garnish, too. :)

tiffany says:

I love it I’m 12yr old and in my school we have cooking lessons and
    One of our assignment was to make a heathy food and I found yours and it was
    Great . its very easy to make I’m not sure what I’ve got. Do u what me to tell you if
    I have got it back ?