So I have this friend Tara. Sweet, quiet, soft-spoken Tara who home schools her kids and is the person in charge of the children’s programs at our church. You know the type. Turns out she has a dark side. She and her husband sometimes watch Arrested Development and 30 Rock into the wee hours of the morning (under my corrupting influence, of course!) and she makes these fabulous, easy muffins that are only 1 Weight Watchers point. And then adds chocolate chips to them. Which, of course, not only makes them infinitely more delicious but also not 1 Weight Watchers point. See? Evil. Wolf in sheep’s clothing. Ill-U-sionist.

Now…one thing Sara and I have both discovered over the last few days is that there’s apparently some kind of canned pumpkin shortage going on. Don’t think I wasn’t saying some naughty words last Friday when, after leaving Kroger pumpkin-less, got caught in a MASSIVE rainstorm on my way to Walmart (and believe me, Walmart on a Friday afternoon is pretty much enough to justify anti-anxiety medication in my world), dragged my two kids inside for one single, lonely, sad can of pumpkin, and then discover they were out as well. Sara, being much more of an investigator than I am, discovered that there’s a massive shortage of canned pumpkin, so if you see some, STOCK UP! Hoard it! Sell it on Ebay at exorbitant prices! We’re in a recession, people–desperate times call for desperate measures!
Whew. Crazy pumpkin rant over. Luckily for for you, this recipe has 3 ingredients and is super easy, so once you’ve found your pumpkin, you’ll have just enough energy to make and eat these.
Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 spice cake mixes (Duncan Hines, although not pictured, is the best for this recipe)
1 30-oz. can pumpkin
1 12-oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Okay, super-tricky here. Preheat oven to 350. Combine cake mixes and pumpkin. Add in chocolate chips.

Spoon mixture into lined muffin tins. This can make as many as 48 muffins or as few as 36, just depending on how full the tins are filled. These really don’t rise very much, so you can fill the tins pretty full. If aesthetics are a concern, keep in mind that how they look going into the oven is very much what they will look like coming out of the oven. So a cookie scoop works great to keep things on the prettier side.

Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of one of the muffins comes out clean.Yum, right? Easy, right?

Even if you have a million, you can store them in the freezer and then pop them into lunch bags or heat one up in the microwave for a few seconds to take the chill off before you head out to work or school in the morning or for a snack in the afternoon. Or you can eat, like, three while watching The Biggest Loser on Tuesday nights. Never happens. Never.

Sonya says:

Wow these look sooooo good! I cant tell you how frustrating it is that I no longer have access to canned pumpkin!

leslie the licorice stick lady says:

ya know, fresh pumpkin is ten times better than canned! Yes, it may take the easiness out of these muffins, but I've been making pumpkin pie from it for years now by just baking sections of pumpkin with butter, peeling it after that and putting my food processor to work! It yields so much more than a can of pumpkin and freezes well too. *disclaimer: you'll need to wait until they actually go on sale though! :)* I really liked your story though! I'm sorry you went through that with you kids and bad weather. it sound a little too familiar. Thanks for the recipe too!

Maria says:

I am ready for fall treats. These look wonderful!

Okay, first of all- while homemade pumpkin puree has its place- it would *seriously* detract from the beauty of a 3-ingredient recipe that takes only seconds (not even minutes!) to prepare, lol. I think this one is all about the whipping out a can- that's the beauty of it!

I tried these and my family (especially the kiddos) loved them. I thought they might be a little dense without an egg in there but I was pleasantly surprised when they baked up light and fluffy. Loved them! Can't wait to try them with other cake mix flavors (IF I can ever find pumpkin again!!)

I wanted to add that if you're having trouble finding canned pumpkin, but you can find the Libby's Pumpkin Pie *Filling* I used that and it worked fine.

Holman Family says:

what about some type of crumb topping on these? would that make it too complicated?

Alisa says:

I love these and have been making them for years. When I do Weight watchers they totally satisfy my sweet tooth. I haven't put chocolate chips in them yet but since I am pregnant who cares about WW right?

Barbara Bakes says:

I guess I'd better stock up on pumpkin! The muffins look quick and tasty!

TheFitnessFreak says:

It is pumpkin season, isn't it? These look yo yummy for words!

Mandy says:

I use this same recipe for cookies. Never thought to plop them in muffin tins instead! I'll have to try it – thanks!

Christy says:

These look so yummy!! Pumpkin has been on my shopping list for three weeks now and the shelves have been empty…thanks for the shortage info! IF I do find some, I'm stocking up!!!

stephchows says:

I love the trick of pumpkin instead of the oil in cake mixes! So tasty :)

OREGON SOUTHWORTHS says:

Had NO idea there was a canned pumpkin shortage!! I'll be sure to check it out next time I'm at the store. Luckily we still have a couple cans in our food storage [hooray for food storage]!! Just a thought… shouldn't these maybe be named Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes?! You know, with the cake mix and chocolate chips and all?! ;) Totally kidding and will try these soon – maybe once fall seems to have really hit – we've actually had some nice weather lately.

Laurel says:

I make this recipe as cookies — super easy and delicious. Drop by TBSPs onto a cookie sheet and bake for 18-20 mins at 300 degrees. I always get asked for the recipe!

Shelise says:

I got this recipe from a college roommate. We always make them as cookies. You can make them into big fat cookies or little bite sized ones to have as a finger food. Sometimes we even put a cream cheese glaze/frosting on them. Even better that way.

mermeydele says:

i've been making pumpkin spice muffins like this for a few years now, and they are truly the best ever! sometimes i add dried cranberries and/or nuts as well as choc chips – so good! i stock up on pumpkin at the holidays and then make the muffins throughout the year.

mistie says:

Good thing I stalked up on canned pumpkin last holiday season when it was on sale–I have a whole bunch of it down in my storage room! Selling them on e-bay might not be a bad idea…

I've also used this recipe for years! You can make them as pumpkin "cookies" with it too–just drop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet and bake for like 10 min. Very yummy! I love all things pumpkin!! And adding choc. is a must!

Amanda says:

Wow that IS easy, they look great!

Cameron. Elizabeth. Greta. Austin. says:

I wonder how it would be with white chocolate chips…

tollestrupfamily says:

I just posted the sister recipe to these on my blog http://www.sandiegocooks.blogspot.com but the hidden secret is you HAVE to use ghiradelli (sp?)milk chocolate chips and they are better the second day. The second secret is to put some cream cheese frosting on top. Not WW friendly at that point but SO tastebud friendly!

Jessica says:

these were so yummy! I can't believe how little ing. there were and if you don't use choc chips they are only 1 point!! They are so good for my sweet tooth and I don't feel guilty eating them. I will for sure make those again! Thanks for sharing all your awesome recipes!

Leah says:

I have been looking for a pumpkins muffin recipe for a while now. I bought canned pumpkin about a month ago to add to food storage, thinking, what would we do if we couldn't have pumpkin pie for the holidays? We are starting to have some fall weather, so bring on the fall food. Any idea how long I would want to cook them if I make mini ones?

jjnhubbs says:

Okay…so I'm eating one as I type! They're fab! I couldn't find canned pumpkin anywhere, so I bought a pie pumpkin and cooked it up. The label said to knock off the stem, pierce it with a fork and bake it @ 350 for 60 – 90 minutes. Then I cut it open, scooped out the seeds and then scooped the flesh right out of the skin. It was totally easy and I was able to make these killer muffins! Yay! I subbed walnuts for the chips though, because my wacky husband is a chocolate hater! Booo! I'm so glad I have lots for the freezer!

Jenn says:

I halved the recipe & used one 15 oz. can of pumpkin & one box of cake. They are in the oven right now.

So, I'm dying to know….why do you double your cupcake liners??

Haha Jenn. *I* double purely for photographic purposes! Sometimes batters "bleed" through liners and doubling them up makes it so the outer liner stays nice and bright and clean- and pretty for pictures! lol

Jenn says:

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

These turned out delicious, but they do remind me more of the texture of pumpkin cookies. No one in my house is complaining though….

Meg says:

It is just too weird that I see this today. Last week, I found this exact recipe for Pumpkin Cookies on a blog, and went in a desperate search for canned pumpkin.

I was a little obsessed, and wished I had read your note that Pumpkin Pie filling worked fine! I saw that in the FIVE stores I went to… but finally found 2 cans of the real magilla in my local tiny store of all places. I had been to all the bigger chains first!

Anyway. The kids did love them.

But I have to admit, they were not the Bunco chics favorite.. and NOT worth the amount of gas I spent looking for the pumpkin. WAY too healthy for that! I needed sinful decadent sweet pumpkin cake with white cream cheese frosting for the effort I put into those darn cookies!

Oh, and btw I live in Illinois. so the shortage is nationwide.

Robyn says:

I make these weekly with chocolate cake mix (until the pumpkin shortage) that is! So easy and full of fiber. I put in them in ziplocks and pop in the freezer for an eazy breakfast for the kids!

olivia's mommy says:

hey best bites gals! i made these over the weekend and they were delish!!!
    Thank you SO much for the recipe! :) I did have buckets of shredded zucchini i needed to use up, so i added a cup of zucchini to the second batch (and i added a snack cup of applesauce cuz my zucchini wasn't watery. It was a delicious variation!!

I also HAD to come and tell everyone that COSTCO has the 3 packs of the Libby pumpkin (the 29 oz cans) RIGHT NOW – and they have TONS!!! :) I was so excited when I went there friday nite after reading that the pumpkin shortage was everywhere! (i had searched 4 different stores to make your divine pumpkin cheesecake last week!)
    So – needless to say i stocked up!!!
    sara

Kelly @ Dare to be Domestic says:

I just found your blog and I'm already in heaven – I feel my belt being loosened a notch already. It all sounds SO good! :)

slmpetersen says:

Okay, so I just found you blog a few days ago by way of Lolly Chops, and I have to say I am in love. Your recipes are divine! I am actually thinking about making these pumpkin muffins this morning! Yummy! Pumpkin muffin to go with a pumpkin shake! Where could ya go wrong here?

Dave, Laura, Maggie and Chloe says:

I love your blog…I just thought I would add that this recipe makes awesome cupcakes. Don't add the chocolate chips and get a can of store bought cream cheese frosting, mix in a bunch of cinnamon (just add to taste). Ice the cupcakes with this and they are soooo yummy.

Tammy says:

Thank you Laura, Dave, Maggie and Chloe. Tried it, loved it, will definitely be doing it again!

Dave, Laura, Maggie and Chloe says:

Nicole says:

If you want to half the recipe you can use a 15 oz can of pumpkin and just one cake mix.

Stephanie Newton says:

I wanted to make these but used my last can of pumpkin last week (!) and couldn't find it at my local stores. I substituted 25 oz of applesauce and chopped some canned apples to mix in. Of course, they're not pumpkin…but the kids loved them and they're still healthier than most. :)

Leslie says:

I made these last weekend for a football tailgate. They were super easy to make. In my opinion, they were good, but not amazing. However, I did get quite a few positive comments about them and my friends were impressed that they were so easy to make. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I can't wait to try more of your delicious recipes!

Kristy says:

Although I think the "easy pumpkin chocolate chip" recipe sounds great…apparently I’m a computer nim-whit because every time I click on “rolls” it brings me back to this recipe. Am I doing something wrong? I just want a yummy roll recipe dang it.:)

Jones Town says:

Irnonically, my husband just brought home recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies last night. It was this recipe! I like the idea of muffins better. Muffins sound so much healthier than cookies or cupcakes! LOL! I have a banana chocolate chip muffin recipe that my kids just gobble up. I can't wait to try the pumpkin ones!

So you don't mix the cake mixes as you normally would all you add is pumpkin? Sounds great, can't wait to try these out!

le7 says:

These are amazing, I just whipped then up before Shabbos, but I didn't use a muffin pan, just muffin tins on a cookie sheet so they became jumbo muffins.

Sarah says:

These muffins are SOOO good! I happened to have the 3 ingredients in my cupboards so I mixed up a batch quick and they are so good! Thank you for the great recipe!! I had to hide a couple for a snack tomorrow so my husband doesn't eat them all in the morning!! :)

Andrea says:

YUM! I also couldn't find pumpkin (but that's maybe because it's March?) so I used a can of that Glory brand "Sweet Potato Casserole" cause it seemed close enough. It is pretty solid so it was REALLY hard to stir, so I threw in a splash of skim milk. RAVE reviews, and I made it during a particularly frantic morning and was still on time to leave the house. I'm a huge fan. Keeping this on file fo sho!

Samara says:

These were tasty and a bit hit, BUT as I was baking them they were definitely not ready (aka: toothpick came out with pumpkin goo still on it, ha) at 25 minutes. I had to bake them at LEAST 30 minutes to get them fully done, both for the regular sized muffins and for the minis. My oven is new, so I don't see that as the issue. Any thoughts and/or anyone else have to cook them as long as I did? Thanks!

Kate @ Our Best Bites says:

Hey, Samara! :) You know, so many variations go into baking that it really could just still be that they need to bake a little longer for you. Things like individual ovens (I know you said your is new, but no two ovens bake exactly the same), type of muffin tin (light vs. dark vs. silicone vs. aluminum vs. well, you get the picture. :) ), humidity, and elevation all impact baking time. So as long as they turned out well in the end, you should be okay. :)

busy mom says:

so you can use anything other than choc. chips if you want to?

thanks

Kate @ Our Best Bites says:

busy mom–yep, you could use anything–raisins, nuts, etc. Hope that helps!

Spencer, Aimee, Emily, Erin, Katelyn, and Ian says:

I use this exact recipe, but I make them as cookies. You can mix 1 cake mix and 1 small can pumpkin with chocolate chips, nuts, etc… Spray a cookie sheet . Fill tray with 1 to 2 tsp size mounds of "dough". Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. I've made it with German Chocolate Cake mix, too. Spice is my favorite.

Dina says:

New variation for the kids in the cheap seats who still can't find pumpkin even though it is OBVIOUSLY fall already: one box spice cake mix, 15 oz. can of pear halves (with juice, not syrup) smooshed with a fork, one egg. Add chocolate chips or don't; these babies are light and delicious.

Ashley says:

Just made these yesterday and I'm in love! What a great, simple and very tasty recipe!

Leesa says:

WOW! These are great, & made the house smell amazing in no time. They did rise a bit more than I expected, and looked so tasty. Pumpkin shortage is still on this year; clerk at Publix told me they always have their organic brand available, even during Libby's shortages! (Publix is the only store around here that had pumpkin this week) Thanks for the recipe!

The Standrings says:

Maybe I am calculating wrong, but when I did the math, these came out to 2 WW points, and that was not including the chocolate chips. How did you get 1 point?
    april

April, I didn't calculate it, but I'm sure the brand of cake mix could make a difference in the outcome.

Bell Family says:

Holy Autumn Delight! so im pregnant and when making these i just felt like hmm why not use another bag of chocolate chips?! HAHA they turned out delicious but i think in normal like rather then when im preggie 1 bag of chocolate chips will suffice. We had the missionaries from our church over for dinner and they said it reminded of them of pumpkin cookies from home! how nice! :)Holy Autumn Delight! so im pregnant and when making these i just felt like hmm why not use another bag of chocolate chips?! HAHA they turned out delicious but i think in normal life rather then when im preggie 1 bag of chocolate chips will suffice. We had the missionaries from our church over for dinner and they said it reminded of them of pumpkin cookies from home! how nice! :)

Carolyn says:

I made these last year when you posted this, and again this morning for the first time this fall season. They are even better than I remember! Thanks so much for a tasty, easy recipe. They will be the perfect snack to bring to my son's preschool class for "pumpkin week." :)

KDeeCats says:

Love these!! I'm in college and my girlfriends and I made these for a cookout we had last weekend! They were a huge hit! We baked them in a pumpkin shaped cupcake pan and they were darling! I'm still amazed at the small number of ingredients for how yummy they tasted!! I had been searching for pumpkin, annoying shortage, because my boyfriend loves it! He has already asked me to make more!!

I love your guy's blog! I visit it almost daily! Thanks for everything! Y'all are great!!!

KDeeCats says:

JUBY says:

I made these last night and they are sooooooo good! Super easy, taste greatttt, moist inside, and perfect for the Fall time! Thanks for the recipe and keep up the good work!! :)

Los Garcia's en Europa says:

Hi, I am interested in making these, but wondering which type of fresh pumpkin one would use? I don't have access to any type of pumpkin in a can but there are loads and loads of different squashes/pumpkins available right now. would like to take advantage of it!
    how would one prepare the pumpkin to be used in this recipe? is it as simple as baking it?
    thanks!!

Yup- here's a link on a tutorial for making your own pumpkin puree!

Arbuckle Blog says:

I live in Brazil and can't get spice cakes or pumpkin pie filling. Count you blessings girls and make and extra batch for me. I am drooling.

KimberlyJ says:

I got a recipe from someone at Weight Watchers but she added a cup of water to the mix. These are the best! Moist and delish… Bonus, 2 points on WW.

The Rose Family says:

Question… do you follow the recipe on the back of the pumpkin spice box and then add the pumpkin to that mixture and the chocolate chips… or do you just dump the box of spice cake with the pumpkin and chocolate chips and you are done? What I am asking is if I need to follow the back of the dunkin Hines box first? Thanks!

Rose Family- ignore the directions on the box, the only thing you're using is the dry mix. Just mix the plain, dry mix with the pumpkin- that's it!

Darlene says:

And for all of those without pumpkin in a can – use sweet potatoes. That's what southern women learned a long time ago. Cook in a microwave, it takes less time than cooking a pumpkin and tastes the same.

Doreen says:

Weight Watchers magazine had this in it in the summer but it was with a devil's food cake mix and they are the best chocolate muffins in the world…you would not know there was pumpkin in it!

Desiree says:

Does anyone know how many points these have now that the point system has changed? I am guessing at least 3 but I hope I am wrong…

Jeannette says:

These are so SO good, we ditched our family recipe for pumpkin bread. We also have made this with Hershey Cinnamon Chips rather than chocolate… OBB is the BEST!

Christine says:

I’m wondering too if anyone knows how many Weight Watchers PlusPoints these muffins are? They look delicious, I’m going to make some!

Vanessa says:

I needed to make 6 dozen mini muffins for my daughter’s school and this recipe was perfect! I used mini choc chips and baked the mini muffins for 10 minutes and got about 7 dozen out of this one batch. Love these!

Sarah says:

I am a huge fan of your recipes and I come to you for help! I’ve been searching for a pumpkin cheesecake muffin recipe for years. I’ve tried multiple ones, but none of them turn out the way I like. For example, a batch would burn on the bottoms, but not be cooked in the middle or too dense. I tried lowering my temperature, cooking longer, changing racks in the oven. No luck. I use non stick muffin pans. Does that make a difference? I am going to try these muffins and wanted to know if I could add a “cheesecake” layer in the middle and if that would change cooking time or temperature. Do you have a recommendation for a recipe for the cheesecake filling? (Otherwise I’d use one from another recipe). My husband has told me to give up on finding a recipe that works but I am determined! If anyone can help me, you can! Please help! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Miss Priss says:

O.k., so I know it is smack (nearly) in the middle of summer here in WA…that said it is all of 60 degrees {travesty!} & I am craving fall foods. These are also a great choice on “sooo busy I am a DANGER in the kitchen” days. I can put away the liability waiver. YUM!

Kate R says:

Apparently, I never posted my comment that I intended to post last Autumn. Oops. Fail.

Anyway, I used this recipe to make my own variation. I’m not a huge chocolate fan (I know, I know), and I LOVE apple…

So I bought a big jar of Knudsen chunky applesauce. And it’s super chunky and rustic and delicious. And used that in place of the pumpkin- left the chocolate chips out completely.

And they were AMAZING. Because there were some larger chunks in the applesauce, some bites of muffin had an actual apple piece and some were smooth. Perfect for Autumn and I can’t wait for it to NOT be 110 degrees here in good ol Texas for me to eat them (foods are very seasonal for me).

I might make one 1/2 batch (one box of cake mix) of the apple and one of the pumpkin and serve them to my employees (aka: my official baking taste-testers. I pay them to work, they can eat a cupcake or a cookie while they do it!) and see which they prefer!

Erin Vogt says:

LOVE these muffins – they are my family’s favorite, in fact! Confused, however, as to how these are just one WW point… When I put together the recipe (according to WW) it always give me a 5 or 6 point value. Suggestions? Thanks! :-)

Hillary says:

While my husband was on his mission he had a member make these as cookies (she just halved the recipe except left the chocolate chips the same :D) and while we were dating he wanted to impress me and make them for me. He got the “recipe” from her and set out to make them. He followed the directions on the box and by the time I got to his place he had a watery gooey mess. I explained to him that he had made pumpkin and chocolate chip spice CAKE, not cookies… So now it’s my job to make the cookies. I think today it shall be these muffins though.

Molly says:

FYI. Sorry, these are probably annoying comments, but just thought you might like to know. If you click on this picture from the side bar (as displayed), then add it to the recipe box – it added Turkey Sandwiches, Beef Sandwiches and some other random thing. Funky! I’m sure it’s not your fault, but there might be others out their like me just clicking pictures to make shopping lists! :) Thanks!

Molly says:

PS – It doesn’t it with the main recipe page too. Oh well, I think I might have everything but the pumpkin to try these out. :)

Erin says:

I make a pumpkin bread with butterscotch chips. I bet they would be good in these muffins as well. yum!

MARISSA says:

I make this same recipe. You can actually make it with chocolate cake mix and once they have cooled they are so yummy! (sounds odd, but true :)
    The only thing different is that I add 1/2c. water to make it easier to mix and a creamier consitancy.

Trisha says:

I was searching for pumpkin this week too, so I could try these. Then today I found three packs at Costco! Score!

Pam Parker says:

I made these this week and they were a HUGE hit. My store was out of spice mixes so I picked up a gingerbread cake/cookie mix instead. My kids don’t like pumpkin so I told them they were “chocolate chip muffins”. They can’t stop eating them! They guessed the ginger but no one had picked up on the pumpkin yet. I little dab of cream cheese frosting on the top made it a special treat too.

Jamie says:

Everyone keeps saying these muffins are so light and fluffy, but mine turned out pretty dense. Did I not mix long enough?

Maggie says:

Love this recipe!!! Made it several times last fall, and this year I’m wondering how it would do in a loaf pan? What do you think?

Laura V says:

These turned out so great! Thank you!

My variation:
    - a bit of nutmeg
    - toasted walnuts

Mine were a bit sticky on top, so next time, I might add a crumbly oaty topping.

Jenny says:

Different problem for me. Plenty of pumpkin around, no spice cake mixes to be found! Used a carrot cake mix instead. Still yummy! Thanks!

Janet says:

I ventured to my local walmart with my girls in tow, expecting to have a hard time finding pumpkin. Luckily it was there & lots of it right in the middle aisle no less! I got a little scared when at first I didn’t see spice cake mix, but again felt lucky enough to see the Duncan Hines brand you preferred peeking at me off the shelf : ) I grabbed my loot feeling like I’d found a needle in a haystack, excited to whip these up & impress my family for my efforts lol. I Love this site best for all your recipes, crafts, & links! Thank you for your wit & easy instructions, pics included : )

Shelley Schaugaard says:

I added two eggs and 1 cup of water to the mix (an extra 2 minutes?) and they were the perfect “muffin” texture.

Shannon says:

Shelly – when you added the 2 eggs and cup of water, were you making the 2 boxes of cake mix and the 30 oz can of pumpkin? I want to half the recipe and make mini-cupcakes to take to my son’s birthday celebration at school. Don’t need that much. I’ve made this recipe before and they are dense (not a favorite with my kids, but I love them!) So if I can add something to it and make it more “muffin” like, maybe the kids will like them. It’s always fun to sneak in healthy pumpkin without the kids even knowing. :)

Kim Doherty says:

You can add a streusal topping to sprinkle over the topping before baking. Basically 1/2 c. sugar, 1/4 c. all purpose flour, 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, 3 T butter. Just fancies them up a bit.

Morgan says:

I just made these. With your perfect cream cheese frosting. Oh. My. Goodness. Just buy me a bigger pant size now. Thank you :)

Lisa says:

I use this recipe to make delicious Pilgrim Pies: pumpkin version of New England chocolate Whoopie Pies. Drop dough on cookie sheet and slightly flatten, bake 375 for 10 minutes, cool completely, spread cream cheese frosting with some cinnamon mixed in on flat bottom of one cookie, smoosh flat bottom of another cookie together. Huge hit for fall classroom and Halloween parties and a Thanksgiving tradition for my kids. Wrap up individual Pilgrim Pies with saran wrap tied with orange curly ribbon for fall bake sales.

Shannon says:

Has anyone tried making these as bars rather than cookies or muffins? The muffins were a HUGE hit with friends and family, but I would like to stretch the servings a bit and don’t really want cookies…

Yum! What a good idea. I’ll definitely be trying this recipe.

Julie says:

How come some of your recipes have a print this option and some of them don’t? It sucks to have to copy and paste. I noticed this recipe didn’t have a print option, so I thought I’d ask. Btw, I love your cookbook. I just saw it at Deseret Book while I was on vacation over the summer and had to get one. I didn’t even know u gals started out with a blog. This is my first time on your site. I think I’m addicted :) I have become a better cook because of you ladies. In the 15 years I have been married, I have never been able to make rolls…..and now I totally get it. Thx for all your great recipes and for sharing your tips and your talents with all of us. I’m not a crappy cook anymore and my 4 girls are thrilled! Xxoo

Julie, we have hundreds of recipes on this site and some of the older ones have not been re-formatted for printing. (Our printing options changed when we re-designed our site earlier this year). It is a very time consuming job that has to be done manually and we are getting to all of the recipes as quickly as we can, but we are extremely busy ladies! We appreciate our readers being patient and copying and pasting some of the recipes that aren’t formatted for printing yet!

Julie says:

No worries Sara! I can imagine how busy you ladies are. I myself have 4 kids and I rarely have time for anything else. I am in awe that you find time to cook such fabulous meals amongst everything else us moms have to do. If I have to copy and paste, then so be it. It’s worth every bit of my time. I just ordered 4 of your calendars to give out for Christmas. You ladies are truly the best! I made two of your recipes last night and I’m making two more today. Loving it all! Your website is a Total Jackpot!! :) Thanks again!

Heidi says:

Yum! Made these for Halloween breakfast this morning. Soooo good. Super easy.

julie says:

I use the cake mix/can of pumpkin trick all the time. It also works with carrot cake mix and pumpkin( I add walnuts) and orange supreme cake mix with dried cranberries and pumpkin. I think the possibilities are endless. I use one box of cake mix and a 14oz can of pumpkin for 12 muffins.

jenissa says:

Help a girl out… I love these and have made these before… however, where I am now, I can’t get a box of spice cake!! Anyone know a recipe for the dry ingredients for one box of spice cake mix??!?

layla says:

I love pumkin bread and I love cupcakes and uffins this is the purfict mix! I also love baking and cooking! Love the recipe

layla says:

sorry I stand corrected muffins

layla says:

oh and perfect so sorry for the tiepo

Renee Hazlewood says:

Would you mind if I shared this over at imalazymom.com? With credit to your site of course? I just love how these turn out and how SIMPLE they are.

Becky says:

How are you calculating 1point for these?

Nakia says:

I love these muffins! I started making them back in 2010 for my picky little eater – a great way to get some hidden nutrients in him – and he always gobbles them up! Forget just pumpkin season these are a staple all year long! Thank you for your awesome recipes! I always find something here I love!

Laura says:

I could not stop eating the batter! Love this so much :)