I can’t believe we’re into September already! I figure before the onslaught of comfy cozy fall food hits around here (and trust me when I tell you it’s coooommmming! I’m giddy just thinking about it) I’d post one more great burger recipe. Not that you can’t make burgers year-round, you certainly can, but there is something about a good burger in the summer time. Here in Idaho where I live the temperature is still reaching the 90′s! So even though I want to be making soups, stews, and apple cider, it’s off to the grill I go. What’s it like where you all live? Has fall hit any of you yet? If so, then consider me jealous!

Got chipotle? Use it up in these yummy recipes:
Chipotle Beef Baked Taquitos
Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad

CrystalsCozyKitchen says:

We're lucky in Wisconsin, the temps haven't gotten into the 80's lately. I'm sure we'll be paying for that this winter, brrr.
    Those burgers just made my happy list. They look delicious!

Barbara Bakes says:

Still BBQ weather at my house too! I may try these on Sunday. They sound delicious!

fittingbackin says:

Those look SO good – thanks for sharing!

Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction says:

These burgers look absolutely amazing… I can't resist anything with chipotle or avocado… both in one recipe? Fantastic!

Andrea says:

We live right across the state from you, Sara, and we are still getting in the 80's, but the nights are definitely getting chillier. And once the kids go back to school it's automatically fall, right?
    I've never used chipotle, but I need to make these burgers for my six carnivores–they look delicious!

kim says:

These look really yummy. Definitely will have to try these! No fall here for us, but for some reason it feels like fall to me. Maybe it's the canning of salsa, peaches, and applesauce :)

Mary Kelly says:

mmmm… I want this for breakfast with a side of Memphis style coleslaw. I love that the sauce is sour cream based- not mayo.

becca says:

Mmmmmm these look SOOOOOOO good!

Carolyn says:

There is no link to the bun making. I want to learn to make those buns, they look good! We're going to make these burgers tonight.

TheFitnessFreak says:

Okay, now my stomach is growling! These look delicious!!

Denissa says:

Still bbq weather here too…sigh…
    Those look yummy though, may have to make them this week! Since I was just thinking that I would bbq burgers later this week!

Jeff, Jenny and Pearl says:

I am having a really hard time finding chipotle chili peppers. Advice on where in the world in a normal, every day grocery store I can find them or a brand you can always find? kayjenette@hotmail.com.

You should be able to find chipotle peppers in most normal grocery stores. I buy them all over. You'll find them in the Latin Foods section- is that where you're looking?

hot garlic says:

So great! Yay for me that fall is over and summer is a'comin! I don't know why everyone loves fall so much. I hate it, almost more than winter -because it means winter is coming!

These burgers are gorgeous. I love Cotija cheese, I wish we could get it here. I once spent hours one afternoon calling deli's, shoppes, and importers to see if there was any to be found in this country. Sadly no. I think I'll have my Mom smuggle me some over when she comes next month.

Liz says:

These sound delicious! I think I'll try it with ground turkey.

Abby says:

yumm these look so good! i love anything with "southwest" in the title. here in PA it's feeling like fall- i even saw orange leaves yesterday!

Amanda says:

This looks amazing! I live in Phoenix AZ so we're still in the 100's. Since Summer is still underway down here, this will be a perfect summertime dinner!

Myrnie says:

These look amazing :) I picked up a can of chipotles in adobo the other day, with no IDEA how to use them!

Laura says:

These look good. Speaking of fall recipes, I'd love to see your spin on these: http://www.recipezaar.com/Starbucks-Pumpkin-Scones-214051

Carol says:

I made these tonight and they were fantastic! I used ground turkey instead of the chuck and both my husband and I really enjoyed them. Thanks for another great recipe!

Kevin says:

Those burgers look and sound so tasty! The chipotle mayo is a great sandwich combo.

Christine says:

My friend and I made these at a BBQ last weekend…. they were so yummy I am making them again this week! Homemade buns and all! I hope you don't mind but I also featured you on my blog for tomorrow. I love you girls!

hays says:

made these last night (turkey version) and my husband was still talking about them this morning. thanks obb!

The Nedrys says:

We made these for dinner tonight and they were great! Added red onion and bacon to ours and it was a big hit! Thanks!

Laura says:

I made these last night, and I just wanted to say that they were GREAT! I'm sure these will become a regular at our house.

porter family says:

i made these burgers for dinner last night. they were yummy but SUPER spicy! my husband (who loves HOT) loved them but the kids couldnt even eat them.

Porter Family- I'm surprised because I am the BIGGEST wimp when it comes to heat tolerance! lol. Next time, just cut back on the chipotle sauce to tone them down for the kiddos.

Jamie Vigil says:

Husbands approval! What more could you ask for!

Anissa says:

These were delicious. Thanks for another fantastic recipe! Oh, and we added bacon on top and it made them all that much better.

Lindsey says:

Ok so I have never used chipotle peppers and have what may be a dumb question. Does this mean to use one and a half chilis OR one and a half cans of chilis??

Lindsey says:

Ok. Scratch that. I think I would send my family to the hospital if I used 1 and a half cans. Forgive the newby cooker!! :)

michelle says:

We had these last night and they are SO good!! Love the mayo! My kids ate them up super fast, and afterward said they were a little spicy, but did not complain at all during eating. I thought they were just right- almost not really spicy at all, just the smoky flavor and a little hint of spice.

April says:

Wow! Super fabulous burgers! My family ate them up!

These are the BEST burgers I’ve ever had! Made them for the first time today!

Karen says:

Tried this recipe today. It was delicious! Not too spicy, the perfect level of heat. Thanks for posting this recipe.

Another one of my favorites! My husband has been one happy camper I have found your site!

leslie says:

great site! looking for the slider recipe in the better homes and gardens issue. can’t figure out how to find it. thanks! check out my niece’s blog at camillestyles.com

melissa says:

I made these Southwest Burgers yesterday! I do not normally comment on boards, but i had to tell everyone that these burgers are simply amazing!! I am not a die hard burger fan either! But these were the best flavored hamburger i have had! My husband agreed! Thanks for the amazing recipe! This is for sure going in my favorite recipe pile!!!

Brzi Kolaci says:

That burger looks delicious. Goes into my favorites.

Leigh says:

Happy Independence Day!!!

We made these for dinner today and WOW, these were amazing!!!! We had them with your oven steak fries and the 4th of July layered Jello…..yummy.

You never cease to make a great meal…THANK YOU!

Rudy says:

These burgers were absolutely amazing! Thank you so much for sharing b/c I am now in love with them. I love cooking for friends and family and I guarantee I’ll be cooking these up many times in the future. I’ve never read your blog before but this recipe alone is enough for me to come back and find out more. Thanks again!

Annie says:

I’ve made this burger recipe a few times now and it’s one of my faves! Love it