So today’s recipe is the last item in the Breakstone’s Triple-Churned Challenge! Just in case you’re joining us now, we’re competing against two other gorgeous, wonderful food bloggers for the best menu featuring Breakstone’s Triple-Churned sour cream. So far, we’ve showcased our fabulous brunch menu featuring Fresh Fruit Bruschetta and Baked Breakfast Taquitos with Lime-Chipotle Dip. Which means we need to top it off with a dessert, right? Um, of course! We just need you to vote (and please keep voting every day!) for Our Best Bites’ menu on the Breakstone’s website. Not only will you help us out, but each time you vote, you’ll be entered to win a $300 gift card. Can’t beat that!

I love the idea of cheesecake bars because they’re so non-committal—you can just take a small piece if you’re watching calories or if you’re super stuffed from your bruschetta and taquitos. Or you can have more than one; that’s cool, too. Plus, bars are great finger food and I say if it’s one less dish to wash, then your party just got a little more fun.

I made the crust easy by using a package of pecan shortbread cookies like Keebler Pecan Sandies. Take 6 cookies (or ¼ of the package) out and set them aside. Process the rest in a food processor until they’re all crumbs. No food processor? No problem! Just place them in a Ziploc bag, seal it up, and crush the cookies with a rolling pin.

Mix the cookie crumbs with 1 ½ Tbsp. of melted butter and lightly press into a 9×13 baking dish and set it aside.

In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla, almond
extract, and Breakstone’s sour cream. You may be concerned that there is more sour cream than cream cheese in this recipe. Don’t be. Lots of sour cream has never led anywhere except gastronomical happiness (and larger dress sizes, but not if it leads to an extra trip to the gym first). Plus, this contest is sponsored by Breakstone’s sour cream, so we’re giving them a little (okay, a lot) of love here. Oh, and speaking of trips to the gym, don’t use light anything here. Trust me, it won’t end well. Just go spend a little extra time imagining Jillian Michaels is yelling in your face and you and the upcoming swimsuit season will be cool.

Anyway, beat the sour cream mixture on high for 4-5 minutes or until it’s completely smooth and fluffy.

Pour ½ of the batter onto the reserved crust. Spread ¾ c. strawberry sauce or strawberry jam (you can also use canned strawberry pie filling, but it won’t be quite as awesome) over the cheesecake batter in the pan. Spread the remaining cheesecake batter over the strawberry layer and then spread another ½ c. of sauce over the top layer of cheesecake batter. Being careful not to cut into the bottom crust, gently swirl the cheesecake batter and strawberry topping. Don’t worry about making it perfect—remember those 6 reserved cookies? Those are going to hide any ugliness.

Pop that baby into the preheated oven and bake for 25-35 minutes or until the center is jiggly but not liquid and the crust is very lightly golden brown around the edges. While the squares are baking, crush the remaining cookies. During the last 10 minutes of baking, sprinkle the crushed cookies over the cheesecake squares. Remove from oven and allow to cool at room temperature and then chill for at least 8 hours before cutting into squares. If desired, top squares with additional strawberry sauce.

simply.food says:

This looks devine and scrumpticious.

Kathy A says:

I have just inherited lots of strawberries! When my grandmother (God love her) learns you or the kids like something, she will buy a ton of it until you tell her 'thanks MaMaw, but I am drowning in the stuff!'. I have planned to make strawberry freezer jam and now I am doing this too! PERFECT!!!!!

Christina says:

Just stumbled across your website and i LOVE it! can't wait to read up and try some of your recipes!:)

CrystalsCozyKitchen says:

I LOVE cheesecake! And I love strawberries! This looks absolutely delicious.

alittleyum says:

Will have to try making this with the little ones…

This looks super-fantastic-yum-a-licious!

Now…do you think you could leave off the crumbs on top and either swirl in or squirt some chocolate on top?

Crystal says:

I made something exactly like this after thanksgiving, using left over cranberry sauce. Divinely awesome!
    Can't wait to try a strawberry version.

Jill's Comfort Zone says:

Yummy! This looks so good!

Holly says:

These look fab!!

Sinful Southern Sweets says:

Oh my! These seem too good to be true! I must try these!

Crazy Daisy says:

You have done it again…. I say that all the time here! I have been votoing for my most favorite favorite blog… OBB of course!

Happy Day!

Two Happy Stampers says:

I'm excited to see this recipe! I made the strawberry freezer jam the other day and I think my strawberries were too juicy or something, because the jam didn't set up as much as it should have (but it's still delicious and I can live with delicious, drippy jam)… but this gives me something else to do with it! How fun! =) I think I may have the ingredients needed for this already on hand… will have to try it soon! =)

leo says:

I have lots of strawberries here and I love to make this recipe for this weekend! I am so excited!
    dining furniture

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS says:

Oh man, these look good! Of course, a lot of that I don't keep on hand… I'm not a huge pecan fan, so I never buy the cookies and I don't make much with cream cheese, so I don't usually keep that on hand because it tends to go bad before I get to it! Anyway, definitely worth adding to the list for the next grocery store run! :) Good luck with the contest!

Kristen Duke Photography says:

Looks delicious!

Carrian says:

Sounds wonderful!! I love strawberries!

jo says:

I didn't think cream cheese could be used in so many ways, just like any other cheeses. I love all the recipes and can't wait to try some of them. Nice photoes of the completed work.

Anne

Lisa says:

Impatiently waiting 8 hours. tap…tap… tap…

Lisa says:

They were very, very good! Thank you!

Terry says:

This looks like something I would love! AND I just bought the sandies for 50 cents a package! I'm totally making this…thanks!

Kim-the-girl says:

I made these for book club last night and they were a huge hit! Thanks or another great recipe!

Fahad says:

this was the best cheesecake i ever made, i even through away all the other recipes i had

i just used Oreo biscuits instead of the Pecan Sandies Cookies and that gave it a chocolaty flavor.

Kathya says:

I made these last night. Don't get me wrong, the flavor was amazing. But, I must have done something wrong. First thing, when I put my strawberry jam on the cheesecake mixture, it didn't sit upon it as beautifully as yours did – kind of sank! Second of all, it also didn't cut well. I am wondering if I should have cooked it longer. Regardless, it was out of this world!

the-mommy-person says:

I made this last night, had a taste just now…the flavor is great, the texture is more like a custard than cheesecake. I may have overcooked it? Still good and my family coming over for lunch should enjoy it.

jessica says:

These are amazing! LOVE, LOVE THEM!

jessica says:

SOOOO GOOD!!! Thanks for the recipe :)

Dhani says:

This cheesecake looks soooooo good!I am a vegetarian and don't use eggs. Is there a substitute for the eggs in this recipe?

Holly Weston says:

I’d like to double this (and bake it in my enormous glass Pyrex) for a family dinner party on Easter Sunday. Have you tried that? What would you recommend for the baking time? I guess I can just watch it closely but it would be helpful to have your expert opinion! Thanks so much.

Holly, I honestly wouldn’t double it up in the same pan. When it gets that big, you’ll start having issues with the outsides getting cracked and overdone while the center is still gooey. Do you have 2 9×13 pans that you could use? Hope that helps!

• Holly Weston says:

Thanks for the advice! I do have two 9×13 pans. I’ll do that instead. Although…after seeing today’s post (Peanute Butter Cup Shortbread Bars), I’m now in a quandry. Which ones to make? My husband would just say both of them (of course he can eat what he wants and he looks fabulous!). Thanks again!

where is recipe for the strawberry sauce? love to make it first.

where is recipe for the strawberry sauce? love to make it first.
    what have I du[licated? explain

where is recipe for the strawberry sauce? love to make it first.
    what have I du[licated? explainI I have never been on your site before.

Karyn says:

I made these about a week ago- they were amazing! Thanks for all of your work.

Angela Ingalls says:

I made these for a family bbq and they were delicious! Everyone loved them and they will definately be a new favorite for all family bbq’s

Jenna says:

This recipe needs a disclaimer: Do NOT use cream cheese SPREAD (in a tub. Use foil-wrapped bricks ONLY. Otherwise, it will not be light and fluffy; it will be runny. You can still bake it but it will be more like a custard and less like a cheesecake. Still good, but not quite right. Lesson learned!

Melissa says:

This recipe is amazing! Love it!

Terri says:

I made these yesterday. I used Huckleberry instead of Strawberry and it was so delish!! I think next time tho I will cook it longer and at 325 or 350 with a pan of water on a lower rack. I had issues with the top of mine cracking when it cooled. So good and a hit for Sunday dinner with friends.

Tt says:

This stuff is sooooo yummy like I don’t know what

Lyno says:

These look awesome!! I am about to make them and I am wondering what could I use instead of pecan sandies? For us Canadians who have different products in our grocery stores, sometimes these recipes with ready use products are difficult. I am not sure of the amount in the box either so if substitute,say, nilla wafers, how much would I use? I love your recipes but could you please keep that in mind? Thanks! You guys are amazing!

lexnfil says:

glad that you included a substitute for the cookies. I love shortbread cookies! Dollar tree here I come! I think I’ll try this tonight as well along with the Coconut banana bread (second try). So excited! Can’t wait! Thanks for the teachings! You guys are SO awesome!

Jennifer Marble says:

Made these two days ago and then hid them in the fridge after the first bite. I then ate most of the 9 x13 pan all by myself. Bad me! But so so SOOOO good. I might cook just a smidge longer next time as it was a little lighter and fluffier than a normal cheesecake. But still worth every bite of the 10 pounds I gained.

anickh says:

Your instructions have an error, both on this site and in your cookbook. It says mix pecan sandies and butter and press on bottom of a 9×13. Then, you say, after mixing the cheesecake batter, to pour the batter “onto the bottom of a 9×13 pan.” So are you supposed to pour it in a NEW 9×13 or on top of the crumb crust?? the way you wrote the instructions would suggest that your supposed to pour the batter in a NEW 9×13. anyway, I’m sure u meant to say to pour it over the crust

Kathleen says:

what is the yield on this recipe?

Becky says:

I learned the really, really hard way NOT to use light cream cheese and light sour cream. The whole filling was basically curdled and I had to throw it all away. But I’m willing to try it again with the right ingredients! :)

Leah says:

I saw a recipe for Samoa cheesecake that looked perfect for my husband’s birthday, but it is a little intimidating and really time-consuming. We loved these when I made them a while ago–I was wondering–do you think I could switch out some homemade caramel sauce for the strawberry sauce and then top with coconut and stripes of chocolate for a “Samoa” version? I think I will try it, but I’d love any advice/opinion!

Kathryn says:

Mine didn’t turn out :( I don’t know what I did wrong… I followed everything (or so I thought!) but in the morning when I went to check it out it was just mush.