These little pastries are filled with a cheesy, savory filling.  I’ll tell you right now- they’re addictive!  They don’t require a lot of ingredients and you can eat them warm or at room temp, which is always a plus.  These work just as great for anafternoon picnic as they do for a fancy appetizer at a party or wedding shower.  Read on to see how we do it!

If you’ve never used puff pastry before, it’s found in the freezer section of the grocery store.  It’s usually near the desserts and frozen dough.  Just follow the instructions on the package to defrost.

While that’s  happening, mix up your filling.  I used Chive and Onion flavored cream cheese because all of the flavors are right in the little package!  No need to add any spices, so it’s quick and easy.

Roll out the pastry and then use a pizza cutter to slice into squares.

Place a little spoonful of filling on each square,

Have a little bowl of water nearby and use a wet finger to moisten the edges.  Fold the pastry over to make triangles.   You can use a fork to crimp the edges, or it actually works just fine to seal them shut with your fingers.  Give them a quick brush of egg wash and then pop them in the oven.

That’s where the magic happens and those little pastries puff up tall and flaky.  They’re so buttery and perfect and they will literally call your name out and say “eat me! eat me!”

While that pastry is puffing up to perfection, the insides are warming up and all of that cheese is melting.

They’re amazing warm, but they actually taste great at room temperature as well.  So they’d make a great little snack to make ahead and take on a picnic or to a party.  And you could totally make them larger and pair them with a salad for a fun lunch.

Tina says:

I'm learning that you all love chicken and bacon together as much as I do! I'm loving the recipes using that combo! This one sounds great!

Kim @ Frost Me! says:

yum! I love that you added sundried tomatoes!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com

Megan says:

Yay! Another recipe that I can use in my son's lunches. Thank you!

Derek and Mary says:

You are adorable! These look great, can't wait to try them!

Suzy says:

Yummy! I love appetizer recipes and these look perfect…can't go wrong with cream cheese and bacon!

Jen @ Passion-for-Parties.com says:

Okay…the ingredients for these little bites are going on the grocery list right now!

I'm a sucker for a chicken, cheese, and bacon combo so this recipe sounds delicious to me!

Can't wait to try them. Thanks for all of your great ideas!

P.S. Love the video…you look great! :)

The Double Dipped Life says:

Sara, you are so adorable! You look great in your video. The pastry pockets also look great- I'll have to put them on the menu this week!

LollyChops says:

Any dish with the word "creamy" in it is tops in my book!

Mariel says:

Chicken and bacon, a perfect combo! I make these chicken salad sandwiches on crossaints…but, not your typical chicken salad. I do chicken, bacon (yum!), ranch dressing and some other seasonings….I love it. I could eat 10 of them in one sitting. It doesn't help me at all that I'm also pregnant and endlessly hungry. My cheeks totally chub out too! Anyway, I've been meaning to post the recipe on my blog…I'll send it over when I put it up. Thanks for this!

Mariel

michelle says:

YUM! I"m sure my kids would love this for dinner! I make your teriyaki chicken kabobs a lot too!

Britanie says:

You constantly amaze me!

Memória says:

Loved the video! Great recipe. I would love to make this the next time I make puff pastry. YUM!

mml says:

wow..that looks incredible…seems like it would be easy to come up with lots of variations! i def want to make this in the future :)

Jamie Cooks It Up! says:

Looks great Sara! Well done.

The Wifey says:

You're so cute Sara!

Cynthia says:

Made these for dinner last night and my 3 year old ate six of them – So they are kid tested and approved in my home. And my husband is still raving about them. :o) Thanks for a new family favorite!

mub says:

These look wonderful and I love that you can freeze them! Good luck in the contest =D

Missy says:

I just made them. Oh my yummy goodness….. I am bringing them to a brunch today. Your going to be the hit of the party!!!! Thank you Sara!!! Good luck! You will do great!

LollyChops says:

What a fabulous video!! The recipe looks good too!

HUGS girls!

Lynette says:

These sound very yummy!!! Going to have to make these, my mouth is watering.
    MMmmm…you could also make chicken pot pie pockets using defrosted peas and carrots instead of the bacon and sundried tomatoes. If they were made a little larger, you could serve them for lunch or dinner with a nice salad as well.

Tia says:

I will have to try this. I'm going to be making puff pastry soon and this would be a great use for it!

kristennw712 says:

how many do u think this makes???

kristenn- since it says to cut them into 16 squares, I'm gonna go with 16 ;)

kristennw712 says:

ooops…guess i missed that step. thats what i get for multi tasking :)

c says:

Thanks! My whole family loves this recipe. What would you suggest as sides for this?

Katherine says:

kristenn– I got 32 (two sheets of puff pastry, each cut into 16 squares). We made half for dinner and froze the rest for a Super Bowl party tomorrow. We loved them!

C- I like to just serve them with a great salad. Easy!

Anneka says:

This was my first time trying a recipe from your site and my family really enjoyed it! Thank you so much! Look forward to trying many more fun recipes :)

Shea says:

Made these tonight!! SO SO yummy! My family loved them, as did I!!
    Thnaks!

Kim says:

I made these for dinner tonight. They were dreamy!! Very rich tasting. The cheeses inside were so creamy too! Thank you for sharing!

My husband is not a big fan of sun-dried tomatoes so I just used a can of mushrooms and chopped them up. It was deeeelish! Love the onion and chive cream cheese!!

Deanna says:

These look SOOO good!!! I’m going to have to grab the puff pastries next time I’m at the store. When we do recipes with shredded chicken, we learned a trick from a friend of ours – we cook the chicken, then put it in the stand mixer – and turn it on low – and presto – shredded chicken with out all the obnoxious effort!

Dessie says:

I’m wanting to try making these for a baby shower. How many does each recipe serve? I would imagine that, since each box of puff pastries come with 2 sheets and each sheet can be divided into 16 squares, you can get 32 pastries out of it. But I just wanted to check. I didn’t know if the filling recipe made enough to fill all 32. Thanks! Sounds super yummy!

Maya says:

They will LITERALLY call your name?! That sounds terrifying!

Jennifer S says:

Just made this. I had to sub out the tomatoes (didn’t have any on hand) but they were great! I even snuck some peas in there….yummmy!

Lisa says:

Making these for Superbowl today!! Also changing it around to make a batch of sausage & pepperoni ones! Thanks so much for this recipe!! Have made it several times and everyone LOVES them!!

cheri says:

I made these for Superbowl, they were so good, I could not stop eating them. Thanks!

Matt says:

Just made these on the spur of the moment, and replaced the sun dried tomatoes with three desert spoons of red pesto – they were great !

Jodi says:

I’ll be making these for my niece’s baby shower brunch. Love the make ahead/freezer instructions. Thank you!