This is normally the part of the post where we throw in a funny story or charm you with our witty commentary, but I don’t have time for that tonight!  I’ve got a cranky baby and kids up way too late so we’re just gonna start cooking.  Okay?  Okay!    So I have a few quick and easy dinner ideas up  my sleeve because it seems like this time of year people like to avoid the oven.  This one just involves a quick saute for the meat and the rest is tossed together cold.

The great thing is that this whole meal can be made in less than 30 minutes.  Maybe even less than 20.  You don’t need to marinate the meat for long.  Since it’s sliced thin it picks up the strong flavors of lemon and garlic super fast.  I’m using pork here because I have some to be used up, but chicken or even steak works great too.

Just slice it thin and mix it up with a little olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and herbs.  Do this step first so it can sit for a few minutes while you prep the rest.

The easy sauce is made with Greek Yogurt.  How long has Yoplait been making Greek  yogurt?  I’ve never noticed their brand until this past grocery trip.  That’s a good thing since sometimes well known brands of Greek Yogurt can be hard to find.  Greek style yogurt is thicker than normal and it also packs in more protein. It’s the same thing used in Kate’s Greek Tzatziki sauce.  You could easily substitute regular plain yogurt, or if you have time just place a few paper towels in a fine mesh strainer and let regular plain yogurt sit overnight in the fridge.  By morning liquid will have drained out leaving you with a thicker Greek style yogurt.

For this quick sauce, just toss in some lemon zest, kosher salt, and parsley (either fresh or dry).

The last component is a quick dice of tomato, cucumber and red onion.  Kind of like a Greek Pico de Gallo! I like to keep both this and the yogurt sauce in the fridge until right before serving because it’s so good when it’s chilled.

To put it all together, you’ll just saute your chicken or pork and stuff it in a pita pocket with a lettuce leaf and the cucumber mixture.  Top it off with a drizzle of yogurt sauce and a sprinkle of feta cheese you’re good to go.   This is a super lean and super fast meal that’s actually satisfying!

Vanessa says:

I LOVE Greek food! I am going to give this recipe a try. I will be posting a greek pasta salad recipe on my blog Friday.

smalltownoven says:

Yum! We're constantly ordering pitas and gyros from the diner (I'm from Jersey, it's what we do). Can't wait to try this at home.

leslie the licorice stick lady says:

Thanks for this recipe! It seems like the perfect summer food and very healthy. I've never made anything like this, so I think I'll give it a try. It seems really easy too. :)

Ben and Heather Ashby says:

I'm so excited! I actually bought pitas the other day on my grocery shopping trip without any idea of what I was going to do with them…they just sounded good :) Now I know what to use them for!

CrystalsCozyKitchen says:

I love stuffed pitas! I just need to remember that when I'm making menus… This looks so delicious.

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS says:

The fact that you are still taking the time to post is amazing, so thank you for that! I am all for quick, easy and tasty. Not to mention this looks very refreshing. I'm not usually a huge pita fan, but I may just have to pick some up next time we're at the store.

Kerry says:

This was dinner last night at our house (we added mushrooms to the veggie mix) and it was delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

The Wilkinson Family says:

i just made this to rave reviews! thanks for another awesome recipe:)

olivia's mommy says:

I made these last night and they were sooooo delicious! thank you!!! :)

sara

Miranda says:

Thank you so much!! I tried this out for dinner last night and it was SOO good. It takes alot for me to love a meal but this recipe was amazing. Easy and delicious. Next time we're craving Greek food we'll be eating it at home for a fraction of the cost. LOVE it!!

meredith says:

I kept putting this one off … not sure why, and you’d think by now I would have learned not to doubt any recipe off your site. Of Course … SO Yummy!! Thanks for all this amazing stuff :-)

Roxanne says:

This was SO delicious!! My 4 year old literally kept talking about how good it was the entire time she was eating (and had 2!), and my husband who is such a meat and potatoes guy loved it, and I pretty much thought it was the best thing ever. Thank you! I LOVE how I could prepare it all in the afternoon, put it in the fridge, and then when we were ready for dinner it was ready in 5 minutes. Awesome.

Just made this and absolutely LOVED it. Thanks!!

Sara says:

I am making these tonight with homemade pitas!!!! Thanks so much for posting such a quick and easy meal!!

Tracy says:

This was a big hit with my family! My husband even asked if we could add it to the menu twice a month. That’s high praise from my man! I used thin sliced sirloin and homemade flat bread. It was de-lish.

Michelle Watkins says:

This is the most delicious recipe!!! thank-you!!

Maya says:

Thanks! It’s so yummy and easy to make. I just substituted the pork with lamb

Meg says:

My husband always praises me big time whenever I cook something from your site, and this was no exception. He took one bite tonight and said, “oh wow, honey! this is better than greek restaurant food!” Thanks!!!!

Holly Christensen says:

This is awesome. I made it twice this week, doubling the recipe the second time in order to enjoy leftovers for lunches. I was wondering if anyone has tried cooking and freezing the pork? I’d like to try that and freeze individual portions for quick healthy meals. Thanks ladies!

Rachel says:

I’ve made this recipe many, many times–it is fantastic and has become one of our family’s favorite dinners. Thank you!