So apparently we are a little breakfast crazy over here at Our Best Bites lately! To be completely honest, I don’t know what’s going on at Sara’s house, but at mine, things have been C-R-A-Z-Y for the last couple of weeks–2 kids, 2 different schools, one all-day, one half-day, church, work, house, blog, friends, soccer practice, homework–you know, everything you guys are doing and somehow keeping it together! And when things get crazy, my fall-back option is breakfast for dinner. So we’ve been eating a lot of pancakes, a lot of eggs, and a lot of French toast.

I know that breakfast pizzas are/have been/who-even-knows-these-days popular, but you guys know that I have egg issues. I wanted to make a breakfast pizza, but I didn’t want to deal with reheating eggs that weren’t wrapped in something like a burrito (yes, I know, I’m certifiable). Then I had an idea…with all of the eggs and all of the French toast…to make savory French toast rather than sweet, using English muffins, and then topping them with pizza-like toppings.

You still get the protein from the egg, but it’s in the muffin rather than on it. Which, as it turns out, I’m way more okay with.
All you do is whisk together some eggs, milk, hot sauce, and salt and then dip the English muffin halves into it like you would for French toast. Then place the muffins, cut side-up, on an oiled, lined baking sheet.

Top them with meat (if you want)

other toppings (again, optional) and cheese

Then just bake them in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes!

Super fast and easy, PLUS you can freeze them and reheat them on mornings when you’re short on time.

Fichtner Family says:

Kate you are brillant. That's why I love you ;)

Sara says:

Wow these look amazing! I haven't commented before, everything on the blog is always amazing! I've been thinking about things to put in the freezer after the back to school posts and this is a great one too. We live in Asia and were living in a city where all we could find were English Muffins and we were getting so tired of them — so this would have been great! But we just moved to a city where we can only find bagels now! Do you think it would work on bagels or do you think they would just be too chewy? Will definitely try these when we get back to an English Muffin land.

*Crystal* says:

What a great idea! I'm going to add this to my list of breakfasts for my Hubby!

Katie says:

I love this idea! I'm making these soon. Maybe even for lunch today- haha!

LollyChops says:

WOW you guys! This sounds amazing!!!!

fittingbackin says:

Love that! So smart to dip it in rather than scramble the egg. YOu removed SO much time – thanks for the great idea!

Emily {Frilly Details} says:

Oh those look scrumptious! I love breakfast food so I will definitely be making these. Thanks!!!

Sandy aka Doris the Great says:

These sounds sooooo good. Gotta try them. Thanks.

~BridgetL~ says:

Im totally going to do this for my kids this weekend. :)

Jamison says:

Can't wait to try these–maybe for our house guests this weekend!

Mhferree says:

These look sooo good. I am amazed at the things you guys come up with… love how y'all think!!

Deborah says:

I wish I had one of these right now!!

Target Widow says:

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! I have been trying really hard to send my new kindergardener to school with a full tummy, but have just been informed that he no longer likes pancakes, waffles, or rench toast. I'm praying that this will let us add variety without adding time!

keri_gracie says:

These look DELISH! Thanks!

3baldwingirls says:

You are so clever!! GREAT idea. I can't wait to try them.

camelia says:

Hello,

We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

enjoy your recipes.

and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
    petitchef.com

Ellen says:

This is exactly what my mom used to make when we were growing up, but we made it pizza style and had them for dinners. We called them "pizzans". We made up a mixture of all the pizza toppings and cheese mixed together, with some pizza sauce stirred right in, then put a couple tablespoons on top of each muffin and baked them for a little bit until they were hot and bubbly. They are great for birthday parties or camping or anytime you want pizza without all the headache.

Angela Hunt says:

We made these tonight for dinner and they were wonderful! Thanks for the great recipes!

Maureen says:

These would be perfect for my husband! I need to add english muffins to my list now.

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS says:

Yum!! You guys are both so clever! I never would've thought to make a savory french toast and turn it into a breakfast pizza. I heart breakfast foods. :)

kbradley says:

Made these for breakfast today! Kiddos and hubby ate them up, but still had some left over to freeze. Thanks for sharing this recipe! I love your blog.

Katie says:

Just got done with breakfast this morning….and these were a HIT! Super easy … barely any mess … and best of all, really, really good! Dipping them in the egg was perfect. I can imagine so many possibilities for these. Thanks, y'all!!

The Ellefsen's says:

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your site. I just keep finding (actually cooking) recipes from you ladies site and let me tell ya, if I already had a recipe, I've replaced it with yours. I tell everyone about it and just can't thank you enough! So yummy! You both are seriously talented, thank you for sharing.
    I did somehow miss who the winner of the giveaway was. When was that posted. I've looked over and over and figure I must be going crazy, (wouldn't surprise me) jk!

The Double Dipped Life says:

Admission time: I didn't come right over when this recipe appeared in my email because it didn't look that wonderful. Boy, was I wrong!! Dipping the muffins in egg mixture is brilliant! I really should know better then to not trust you ladies- everything from your site always comes out perfect!

Kathryn Wenberg says:

these are heavenly! we were to lazy to make the syrup so just spread the peanut butter on and topped them with maple syrup Yummy! Soo delish thanks for sharing :)

Megan says:

Tried these last night – AMAZING! Love how quick they are to make & quick cleanup!
    My hubby & I love breakfast for dinner – thanks for the new recipe!

ificould says:

These look wonderful! I posted a link: http://ificould-ificould.blogspot.com/2010/09/english-muffin-breakfast-pizzas.html

Thanks for sharing!!
    Missy

jjcrew says:

Cool concept! We are going to have to try them. You can never have too many breakfast recipes, I say, because they can be eaten at any time of day! And as a side note, we tried your mini breakfast quiches two days ago. Deee-lish! My 10 year old devoured them. I couldn't get him to stop. I had to kick him out of the kitchen. Another fabulous concept and tasty recipe! Thanks for sharing.

Felicia says:

Just made these for breakfast this morning and I LOVE them!!! With morning sickness (24/7 sickness :P) being the norm for me I need something easy and healthy to make for me and my family and this was perfect! Definitely going to become a staple here!!

CollegeSAHM says:

Emma says:

I made these for dinner last night and they were awesome. We had leftover mushrooms from a steak house and threw those on,adding cheese and scallions on top of that. It tasted awesome! Thanks so much for this cool idea.

CaSaundraLeigh says:

Love breakfast pizza–it's been far too long since I've made it though. Thanks for the reminder!

stacey says:

I made these for dinner last night with tomatoes from our garden and sage pork sausage. They were scrumptious, and I'm happy to have several more in the freezer for later! Thanks for the great recipe!!

Ashley says:

Yummmm! I didn't have english muffins in my kitchen but instead, I had french bread. They turned out great! I chopped up some sundried tomatoes and put them on before the bacon and cheese…. what a wonderful breakfast! :-)

Tara says:

OK these were even better than I thought they would be. Yum yum yum!!! All I had on hand were whole wheat bagel thins. They worked great. I poked holes in them so they would soak up egg better. Delicious and EASY!!!

Tara says:

I forgot to say… mine were ready in about 10 minutes. I've cooked them more than once and both times they were done before the 15 minutes the recipe states.

Heidi says:

I did these with ham, pepperoni, and some plain tomato. We loved these! Thanks for the yummy breakfast and/or dinner.

Janell Salmon says:

The kids and I made these for Sunday breakfast this morning. We used fat free swiss cheese, pineapple and canadian bacon. They were a big hit! Thank you for this healthy, flavorful breakfast recipe :)

Coby says:

I LOVED these! I’m not a huge breakfast fan, but these were fantastic (I made them twice in one week! The second time I made them I forgot to buy more English muffins, but had a recipe for an English muffin bread loaf – worked just as well!)

Jenn says:

Its very good!!!!

Karen says:

You had me at freezer…

the emily says:

GENIUS. We’ve been doing the breakfast thing these days too. Stupid husband travels (I love him, he’s not stupid, his job is) too much these days.

Becca says:

This is a great, GREAT!, idea. Brilliant! My son doesn’t eat lunch at school (the hours are weird and either very early or almost at the end of school) so when he gets home at 2:30 he’s ready to eat something and this looks like it would be perfect. I’m so making this tomorrow for him when he gets home!

I’m so glad you posted these on FB yesterday. I don’t know how I missed this recipe! I made them tonight and WOW were they good!! I topped mine with ham, spinach, onion, mushrooms and pepper jack cheese. Major YUM!!!

Missy says:

Okay, so I have been a long-time silent fan of this website. I don’t know why THIS recipe is the one that made me comment, because honestly, I should have done it a long time ago with all of the yummy things I’ve made from here… but these were FAB. I just made up a pan for lunch (with extras for breakfasts) and boy howdy, these are tasty! I can’t wait to see how they reheat. So to sum up, I love these, I love your taquitos, taco chicken, chipotle ranch dressing, flank steak…. there are more, I know I’m just forgetting. In fact, there hasn’t been a recipe here that I’ve tried and didn’t like.

Thank you for being so delicious! :)

Kate says:

Thank you for solving my egg issue! I am the SAME as you: Breakfast burritos from the freezer, okay. Having left-over scrambled eggs for breakfast sandwiches, or a visible “egg slice” or something from something frozen, or manufactured, no. Maybe just seeing that egg thing turns me off, whereas in a burrito its hidden. Anyway, having the muffin as FRENCH toast then solves the nuked egg issue, and toppings can be savory or sweet, or none at all! Yay!

[...] Source: Our Best Bites [...]

kathy furneaux says:

I just made these for breakfast and they are YUM!!

garysgirl says:

Oh yummy! These definitely are something I want to try! And I love that you make them in the oven! Brilliant! :)

Lori says:

I just stumbled on this recipe and this is perfect for us. I hope you’ll see my silly question, but if you add tomato, would you just chop some up and add before or after baking? Just not sure how the tomato would hold up during baking.

Roger says:

Just made these for breakfast and our family loved them!!! Thanks for the recipe!

Michelle says:

I foiled and oiled but mine still stuck. Do you only dip one side into the egg? Maybe it was because I used ciabatta…but I thought someone else had used that too without mentioning trouble. I still love the idea, so I will try again.