AKA: “Why yes, you may have that raise” cupcake jars, or “Oh my gosh I think I love you” cupcake jars, or “Yes of course we should agree to a ceasefire, in fact let’s do dinner tonight”  cupcake jars. You get my point, right?  I have no other words, these are amazing.  It’s like Christmas in a jar. It’s a rich fudgy cupcake filled and topped with a creamy and decadent peppermint ganache.  Then topped off with a cool,sweet layer our favorite frosting (also peppermint spiked) and sprinkled with crushed candy canes.  And striping the frosting is just icing on the cake!  Literally.  I put them in jars because that just makes them extra fun, and it’s like this great personalized little gourmet gift.  It might seem like a lot of steps, but really it doesn’t take all that long.  If you want to break up the load, I would suggest making the cupcake and ganache layers and then screwing the jars on and storing overnight.  Then next day (or even couple of days) when your kitchen is nice and clean again just whip up some frosting and pass them out fresh.

The cupcake itself is out of this world.  I adapted it from a recipe in a book that both Kate and I love.  I knew just looking at the recipe for the first time that it would be rich and fudgy because the ingredients and method are more along the lines of a brownie than a cupcake.  Skip the electric beater on these babies, all you need is a wooden spoon.

It starts with melted butter and chocolate.  How could anything that starts with melted butter and chocolate not end well?

And like I mentioned, just stir in the dry ingredients by hand.  That actually makes this recipe really quick and easy, no messy beaters and butter fluffing.

Fill up your cute little jars.  These are the same jars we use for our Pie in a Jar.  The cupcakes will rise and you need room for both the frosting and the ganache, so fill them no more than 1/2 way full.

Pop those in the oven, and you can prepare your ganache while they’re baking.  Cream.  Chocolate.  Peppermint.  Can’t go wrong there either.

Take your cakes out to cool, and your ganache will be setting up/thickening at this point as well.

Some of your cakes may have a little well in the center which makes a great little holding spot for the ganache.  You can also take a paring knife, or an apple corer works great, and hollow out the center like this:

It’s really up to you.  If you don’t have a lot of space on top you might want to hollow out the center.  If you’ve got room and want more of a layer of ganache on top, then skip the coring and just pour the ganache on top.

Once your cakes have cooled to close to room temp (a little warm is okay)  pour ganache over each one.  If your ganache has gotten too thick to pour at this point, just warm it up in the microwave in about 10 second intervals.

Then tilt the jars around so you get a complete chocolate cover.  This actually helps keep the cupcake part really moist and fresh so you can wait a day or two to share them, or finish them if you don’t have time to do it all at once.

The last step is the frosting.  I’m using our favorite frosting recipe. If you haven’t tried it, you need to!  If you make it and love it, then you must must try it with the peppermint extract.

I’m going to show you a fun trick to getting that candy cane stripe! You’ll need gel food coloring (available in the baking isle, a clean paint brush (I keep a set just for baking/cooking) and a piping bag.  This works great with parchment paper bags too (in fact, I think it sticks a little better to parchment) so if you have a tip and some parchment you can just make your own.   If you don’t have anything but the food coloring you could try winging it with a large ziplock bag with the tip cut off.  that would probably work just fine, it just might be a little difficult to have the food coloring stick to the bag as you’ll see in the next step.

Fold down the outer edge of your bag so it sits open by itself. Dip your brush into your food coloring and paint lines up the side of your bag.  And yes, I’m completely aware that mine looks freaky- like my piping bag got attacked by a bear or something.  I paint all the way down to my tip.

Then carefully add your frosting.  Try to plop it in there right in the center so you don’t have to mush it around too much.  As you pipe out the frosting, the color will come out in lines and you’ll get a great candy-cane stripe!  (On a side-note, try this technique with rainbow colors and colorburst cupcakes- how amazing would that look?!)

Just give it a nice swirl, being careful to not go above the top of the jar, and then sprinkle some crushed candycanes on top.

Now you can place the lids and rings on and dress the jars up any way you please.

When you bust into that baby you’ll get all three layers of frosting, ganache, and cupcake.

Oh sweet peppermint fudge cupcake jar, will you marry me??

Tie on a ribbon or two and you’re set for giving.

I made some cute tags for mine.

And since I love you all I’m going to share!  Note that the background is white, I just printed mine on light pink cardstock because I was out of white.  Click here for a file you can print on cardstock and cut out.  There’s a place to write “to” and “from” and also a little space for a note.  Like maybe “You owe me.”  Just an idea.

If you love this idea but don’t have jars, they make amazing cupcakes too!  Love these cute papers I bought from Wilton last year.

The recipe will make about 8 jars or 12 cupcakes.  And with the cupcakes you might have a little ganache left.  So eat it.  With a spoon.

PS Happy Hanukkah to all of our Jewish friends out there!  It begins tonight, right?

Sarah Lenhart says:

Thanks for these! I've been trying to figure out what kind of gifts to give my daughter's preschool teachers and I think these would be perfect. Who doesn't love chocolate? :)

Perdita says:

Thanks for this AMAZING idea. I am travelling to my new in-laws and need portable-but-lovely food presents, these are PERFECT!

Meg says:

This is an adorable idea! I may have to steal it :)

Splendid Things says:

I'm so glad to find this today as I was just wondering what kind of baked good to share with my son's teacher this year. Now I know!!! Can you give a little advice regarding storage? Refrigerate or countertop? How long is the shelf life? Thanks!

Mindy says:

What a fantastic idea!

Siggy Spice says:

This looks FABULOUS! Do you know how long they will stay fresh in the jars?

Sue@CountryPleasures says:

What a sweet idea!

Angie says:

What are your thoughts on shipping this? Do you think it would hold up? I live in Utah currently and would like to send these to my parents and siblings in FL/GA for Christmas

grammaDawn says:

You both are sinners!! Can't believe such a sinful, yummy idea. Perfect visiting teaching gift for Christmas.

Alaska says:

LOVE this one! Also, just wanted to tell you that I love your blog. I love all the pictures (step by step etc.) and I love your recipes. Thanks for spending the time. Happy Holidays!

Amanda says:

This is great! I featured you today on Today's Top 20!! I'd love if you stopped by!

Amanda
    todaystoptwenty.blogspot.com

Alex & Tonya says:

Where is the best place to get these mason jars cheap??

Country Mouse says:

OMG! These look amazing! Thanks for the tutorial!!! I really wanna try to make these, they look so yummy!!!

Jasey says:

LOVE IT! I WANT ONE NOW!!! Could you send some to WYOMIONG, please?!?! I have always been a little afraid of your perfect frosting – but I have no choice, I have to try it!

Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Daisy

PS – Have you figured out how I might be able to get a signed copy of your new cookbook to Wyoming? …kidding…. well, maybe kidding ;)

Laura says:

Oh my goodness Sara, those look DIVINE!!!!

Maria says:

These are so fun and festive!!!

Jenn says:

Oh. My. Word.

special treat for my mother in law…. or maybe I'll make these for my little guy's holiday party.

D.i.v.i.n.e!

thanks for sharing these!!!

gigi says:

Amazing goodness!!!

To all who are asking about storage, see my updated note at the end of the post. I think it answers all of those questions.

Alex- It really depends on where you live. You'll have to check around, I find them local restaurant supply stores and also Walmart for decent prices.

Jasey- Want to fly me to Wyoming?? I'll come for a visit! lol

Angie- I'm not sure about shipping. Wintertime might help because they should stay nice and cold! If you try it I would probably reverse the filling and ganache as I mentioned in the storage note. But if they did warm up, the ganache would melt all over, so it kind of depends on where you're sending them. Want to mail me some as a test?? ;)

Sara says:

I'm really excited about making these! Awesome!

Also, I couldn't get the link for the Mason jar labels to work. Is it just me? lol

Angie Carson says:

Oooh, these look lovely! I couldn't get the link to open for the printable tags, though. Gave me a 404 "Not Found" error code. :(

Angie- sorry about that, fixed the broken link!

Andrea Foster says:

I'm definitely making these for Christmas gift and maybe party favors. But I am not able to print the jar toppers and I see it's not just me.

Anyway, thanks for another great idea!

Reb says:

NO WAY!!! Thank you goddess of cupcake happiness! You are the best!

The Double Dipped Life says:

Wow! I was going to do the pies in a jar for church, but now I'm going to have to do these! Thanks!

HWFA says:

YIIPPPEEE!!
    Of course, it was just this morning that I was thinking … what do I give those nice ladies I visit every month??? … and here it is.

THanks, AGAIN!!

Choate Family says:

These are totally cute and look absolutely delicious! I am definitely going to make these for little Christmas gifts. Thanks!

Patti says:

Oh wow! I'm gonna have to make these, but there is no promise I'll be sharing with anyone. :)
    I'm probably going to have to make the cupcakes (I think my jars are lost somewhere… yeah, that's it)..it's too bad there will be leftover ganache!

Brenda says:

I LOVE this!! This would be fun to both give and to receive!

A Fancher says:

Ok, I use one of these

to ice stuff with. If I paint the sides with the food coloring stripes will it still work like when you painted the bag?

Bullfrogs & Butterflies Baby says:

Love, love, love! The perfect compliment to my teacher gifts this holiday season :) Gave you a little shout out on my blog as well:

happy holidays!!

Kim says:

These are adorable! I think I will make them as favors for my sister in law's shower we are hosting. Thanks for the recipe!

Brad and Rachel says:

These will definitely be finding a spot on the holiday trays I do for the extended family! I have this feeling I need to make a few extra for "quality control" ;)

Holly@Life as a Lofthouse says:

All I can say is WOW!!!

mushbelly says:

Are you freaking kidding me??? Best idea EVER!!!

AFancher- it should work- if it's glass or plastic the color might not "stick" quite as well to it, but give it a shot! Another option is to color half of the frosting pink and then alternate it with white when you put it in the bag or tool.

Trish says:

Oh how I love thee for posting this. They look delish!!!

Janice Twitchell says:

Seriously just fell off my chair! And I think there is a puddle of drool the size of the Great Salt Lake on my computer desk. :) Who says I'm giving these as gifts? hee hee. No these would be perfect for my daughter's teachers, and some neighbor gifts! Thanks so much for sharing! I might just have to whip up a 'TEST' batch. Just to make sure I'm doing it right. haha!

Sassy Classy Mommy says:

Genius idea!

Brittany says:

I'm seriously amazed by this one and can't wait to try it. I'm sharing with all my readers at little-inspirations.blogspot.com next week. Thanks so much for this amazing recipe!!

kristib says:

These look fantastic!

Just an idea- it would be super helpful if you added a note to the top of your recipes that gave an estimate of how long it takes to make. Like on other recipe sites, they give you a prep time, cook time and ready in time. That's always one of the first things I look at. In any case, you do have some amazing things here!

Jen @ Passion-for-Parties.com says:

Seriously?!! I think my saliva glands just kicked into overtime. This is an incredibly yummy and AMAZING idea! What a perfect little gift to hand out to neighbors! Hopefully I'll be able to get a few delivered before I devour them all! :)

Barb says:

I just wanted to thank you for this great idea and I especially appreciate you including the labels! Although I love to put things like this together, I am not creative. You have given me a complete idea that I can make tomorrow. Thank you so very much for sharing your talents.

Patricia says:

I love, love, love this idea! Now, to choose to make these or pie in a jar? Guess I'll be making both!

The Queen Vee says:

Where do you get the cute little jars?

Marcy says:

The Our Best Bites apple-pie-in-a-jar turned out so wonderfully; I can't wait to make these! I get the half-pint jars at my local True Value Hardware store. Be sure to get the wide-mouth jars. You can also order here http://www.goodmans.net/get_item_kj-00500_kerr-0500-wide-mouth-mason-jar-half-pint-8oz.htm

Alli says:

Okay, not only did you share an amazing recipe and tutorial but LABELS? You are the best! Thank you!

Ramona says:

That looks soooo delicous! I will be making the recipe this holiday season, especially since I luuuv chocolate! This is such a pretty presentation too.

Brandi says:

I rarely take the time to post on the blogs I follow, but THANK YOU so much for the amazing work you do on yours! I just LOVE all the creative ideas and have NEVER been disappointed in anything I have tried making!

Carrian says:

love this idea!! I've been searching for neighborhood gift ideas~

Trish says:

Are those 4 oz. jars you're using?

Thanks this looks great!

Staci says:

Just found your blog a month or so ago and I love it! Off topic, if you don't mind sharing, but what is the name of the silverware in the photo? I love the handle on the the spoon!!

McKinna says:

OH MY GOSH!! Love!!!

Trish- they are wide mouth half-pint jars

Staci- I'm not sure on the brand, but I bought them at Cost Plus World Market- I love them!

dinnertimeblues says:

Thank you for all of your fabulous ideas. These look absolutely dreamy!

diamondgirl says:

Thank you for this recipe! I am very excited and getting very impatient to make these adorable cupcake jars.

jennibell says:

What an awesome idea!!! Thank you so very much for the excellent pictures and tutorial. I think these will be great for the bake sale auction our church is having in a couple weeks!

Fotf says:

My mouth is watering and i didn't even finish reading but thanks to Living Locturto i am now following all your lovely ideas :)

literarymiss says:

Ooh! Perfect! I'm going to make these for our pre-deployment/Christmas party next week, as door prizes. They look fabulous!!!!!

shannon says:

These look so fun! Gonna make them for our mail carrier and garbage pickup guys! Thanks for the tag template too. Perfect!

Heather and Laila says:

Let me just say, for the record, that this site is pure evil. I would say more, but I have to make a grocery list for morning.

1) cocoa powder
    2) mini wide mouth mason jars
    3) well, you get the idea…

simply.food says:

wow these lil beauties look amazing and so professional.Beautifully made and clicked.

Doreen says:

These are adorable and look delicious. I think I will make them for my tennis buddies. I love recipe-in-a-jar gifts. Last year, I created "Brownies in a Tennis Can". If you're interested, visit here: http://altered-artworks.blogspot.com/search/label/tennis

And thanks for the Chanukah greetings! :)

Eye in the Sky says:

I think this is the best idea since sliced bread…definitely going to make these this year!!

messymimi says:

Oh my! My oldest daughter (a bakeholic at birth) just found this recipe and I have to tell you – not only does this look amazing but I think I'm in love with most of your recipes. Thank you!!!! Great photos too

Genevieve Le Bel says:

Holy Hell… REALLY?!!!! This looks A-MAZING!!!!!
    Genevieve (AKA Superchick!)

Lina says:

Hi there – I am so excited to try this great recipe, thanks for sharing! Any tips on converting this to baking time for a cake recipe, by any chance?

Lina- I've never made it as a cake so I'm not sure on the baking time. You'd have to eyeball it!

Janelle says:

Do you think these would freeze well?

Melinda says:

Can you do a regular pint jar???
    Anyone tried it?

Brad says:

I am wondering if there is another option for the frosting on top. I have tried three or four times to make the frosting called for in the recipe, and it has never turned out. Would just a regular buttercream frosting taste just as good?

Brad, you can really use any frosting you like. I like the one I linked because it's not too sweet and with the cake and the chocolate, there's plenty of sweetness! I would just suggest if you use a regular buttercream, you go light on the sugar.

Diamond says:

Is there really only 2/3 cup of flour? Hmmm, that little flour would mean extra easy GF conversion. I may try this.

Diamond- yup, that's correct. That's why they're so rich and fudgy :)

Ashley says:

Can I use semi sweet chocolate chips? How many do you think I need for 3 oz?

Ashley, yes chocolate chips work just fine. 3 oz is about 1/2 cup.

Shelley says:

Holy Schmoly Girls! I think I gained weight just looking at this post. Delicious! I can't wait to make it. Thanks for sharing. :) I'm linking this up on FB. -Shelley {howdoesshe.com}

**Amy** says:

I NEED these NOW! Yum! Thanks so much for sharing these! Fun gift idea!

Pamela says:

I cannot wait to make these! They'll be perfect for my son's preschool teachers!

Nicole says:

This is my FAVORITE idea this season! In fact, I posted a link to it on my latest blog post. LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea & can't wait to make it!

**Amy** says:

Love this! I stumbled it :)!

end the fiasco! says:

My icing job definitely did not turn out as pretty as yours but the packages are SO darn cute! CANNOT wait for the kiddos to pass them out to their parents/grand parents at our first Christmas party tomorrow!

Meredith says:

I was thrilled to try these cupcake jars, but I have to post this warning. I can't find the jars anywhere. My last stop is Hobby Lobby, but since they are closed on Sunday I have to wait (and my hobby lobby is 30 mins away). I tried target, michael's, walmart, and the grocery store. It has been very disappointing. I made them in ramekins for serving at dinner, but will have to order the jars online for holiday gifts. Plan ahead!!

Liz says:

I could only find 8 ounce regular mason jars, not wide mouth. Will that work okay? I literally have never baked anything before but I wanted to try this for a contest at work :)

Liz says:

I could only find 8 ounce regular mouth jars. Is that okay? I'm not a baker, but I want to try this for a dessert contest at work. Thanks!

Mary says:

These should come with gigantic warnings! WARNING, melting butter and chocolate is yummy, try to resist eating it all up before you make into the fudgy cupcake goodness. WARNING, tasting everything is a strong probability and hell on your diet! WARNING, Sara and Kate RULE!!!

Ashley says:

where did you get those jars? I have been to walmart only to find the 8 oz tall and the 8 ozsuper duper short jars but nothing in between like you have.

Ashley, you'll just have to check around where you live. I bought mine at Walmart!

Liz- the tall ones will bake fine but the shape just isn't as easy to eat from. But you could give it a shot!

Teresa Turner says:

Such a Great Idea.. These look amazzing. Thank you so much for sharing such a cute idea.

Jake and April says:

I have a question. I really want to make these. I really want to do it in the jar, however, the only 8 oz. jars I could find were the quilted pattern one. I'm nervous they are taller than what you used. Will these work? Or should I just make the cupcakes in papers?

April, are they the short and squatty jars like in my picture? They should only be about 2" tall. If not, then you could still bake them in jars, it's just not quite as convenient to eat and the baking time might have to be adjusted a bit.

Aubrei says:

Thanks for sharing such a DELICIOUS treat! I doubled the recipe and made them for my husband's coworkers. They loved them and wanted the recipe, as I suspected they would. They turned out great and looked so festively cute, especially with the tags you made for them! Yet again another keeper from OBB! THANKS!

I made these tonight and they were so easy and fun. I found a "better homes and gardens" brand of the jars (box of 12) at Wal-Mart. I have to admit I didn't do the icing… I found red&white striped icing already in the tube with 2 different tips included (by Wilton) in the Christmas section at my Wal-Mart! Next time I'll do the icing too so it'll have the peppermint flavor, I promise!!
    Also, I was only able to fill 6 jars with my cupcake batter (not 8). I don't know what I did wrong, but I only needed 6 for this batch anyway. I agree with Barb from a week ago… I love doing stuff like this but I am not creative, so your step-by-step instructions help me so much. Thanks a million, and keep up the good work.
    I LOVE YOUR SITE!!!!

Chrystie says:

Wow, I'm really excited to try this! These look amazingly yummy & cute!! Love the swirly trick! Thanks!!

Jacque Barclay says:

Oh my..words do not express..I have been slightly blessing over these in my head sense I saw the post…I started casually gathering the ingredients inthe name of potential holiday gifts..telling myself that all that hard p90x work was still going to pay off but secretly knowing that I only do it so that I can eat these yummy treats..I made these tonight you know "for my daughter's kindergarten teacher " …I don't want to sound dramatic but they are perfection and I totally get why you want to marry it….seriously..wow

Jacque Barclay says:

Jacque Barclay says:

Whoops meant to say "slightly obsessing" got to love auto correct on these phones..

Laurie says:

Can these be frozen after being baked sans the frosting?
    LaurieB in Tx

Keri-Ann says:

Ohhh my! Making these TODAY! This is my new favorite blog! I want to try it ALL! :D

Alexis says:

Where do I begin? I have to say this is the best and tastiest idea ever! I didn't use wide mouth jars since the regular ones were so much cheaper.
    I made sourcream cupcakes w/almond fudge ganache, and some with almond buttercream frosting and some w/caramel buttercream. Then sprinkled some crushed chocolate chips and almonds. The ganache and frosting recipes were so amazing and simple to add tsp of almond extract! They were out of this world!! Can't wait for the book! Hope it has lots of pics!!

GameMama says:

A friend of mind made this for our playgroup Christmas party. OH. MY. GOSH! These were heaven! You know that cake "Better than sex"? This just took away it's title. All of us still talk about and bug her to make more. I guess I could make my own, but it's so much more fun when someone else does it.

Fashion Frenzy says:

Oh no, not good for the hips this time of year…but going to make them anyway!! They look DELISH!!

Ella's Bow'tique says:

Can you give some suggestions for making these for Valentines day? Instead of peppermint. . . .

how about raspberry?

Laura says:

I made these as Christmas gifts for my co-workers! HUGE hit! Everyone loved them. My Young Women will be making these soon for Valentines day gifts. you guys rock!

pauleena says:

Thanks for this. New idea of food presentations. I love collecting jars really.

server support company nyc

Had a hard time finding these today – couldn't find them in the index?

Marie says:

I am so excited to make these and the apple pie. What perfect visiting teaching gifts!

I made these back in December right after you posted it, twice in fact. Since my husband and I ate the whole first batch, I had to make a second batch to share with family and friends.
    Tuesday night I was totally craving them. So I made them again, omitting the peppermint since its not really spring flavors. (I made them in cupcake form) and took some to work. I am a queen at work now cuz of these!!! they are my absolute favorite things ever!!!!

Kim says:

I was wanting to use your template to make labels for the lids but your link isn’t working….anyway you could email that to me or get the link to work? I’d really appreciate it! :) These are amazing and such great treat gifts!!! You ladies are fabulous!!!

Maysem says:

Can these be stored in the freezer?

Vanessa R. Mancha says:

Hi! I am starting my own cupcake business in South Texas and wanted to know were you got those mason jars?

Julie says:

I made these as gifts for girl friends last Christmas 2010–I was just recently asked for the recipe so I gladly sent a link to your blog. My friend notified me that the link for the labels had been disabled and was wondering if I had saved a copy … to my horror I had not!! Anyway to get this pdf from you? Thanks in advance!

Lauren says:

I just made a 1/2 batch trial. ganache is delish. But, I can’t get the printable labels to work! it says access denied. am I doing something wrong? :(

Ellen says:

How do I access the printable labels? It say access denied when I click on the link. Thanks in advance. Ellen

kristy says:

love this!!!

Jamie B. says:

Wow.. these cupcakes in a jar sound awesome!! I love the way they are decorated too! I have featured these lovely cupcakes in my hub here:

Thanks SO much for sharing these! This is one of the best ones I’ve found. Many blessings to you :)

Jamie B.

evi says:

omg u r so creative and ur idea is amazing..i’ll try it….ty so much for sharing it with us :)

Kathryn says:

Is it really an 8 oz jar? I tried it in that size but it’s taller than the one in your picture and I didn’t have enough filling for all 8 jars. I was thinking your pictures look more like 4 oz jars?
    Love your site- it’s my go to place for all things tasty! Thanks for making the rest of us look creative when we copy you!

Yep, they are 8 ounce. Sounds like you used the tall, narrow jars and what you want are short, widemouth ones.

Patti says:

I’ve been waiting a year to make these and now’s my chance. I’m signed up to bring dessert to the next Empty Nester’s (at least I’m not hosting this one, so no, I’m not losing sleep worrying about it). Gotta keep up the reputation of bringing something awesome. This will do the trick!

soccermadi20 says:

These are absolutely fantastic! I’ve got to make these for Christmas! Someone who’s made these please tell me; are they hard to make?

Lisa says:

Just made 3 dozen of these yummylicious treats for teacher gifts, etc… They are time consuming, but not hard, and they are absolutely delicious and beautiful when finished! I found wide mouth half pint jars at Meijer for those who live near that store. Also- I measured out a little less than 1/2 cup (the equivalent of 4oz.= 1/2 jar) of batter and the recipe made exactly 8, as promised. Thank you so much for sharing!!

Michelle says:

These are so cute and delicious! I made these on the weekend and brought them into work as a little gift for the holidays. My co-workers loved them and wanted to know the recipe!! For those of you in Canada, you can find the jars at Canadian Tire.

Crystal says:

I made these! They are soooo good! Thanks for sharing! (Here is a pic of mine: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150615305481978&set=a.324685141977.194067.291972561977)

Michelle says:

Your blog is outrageously cute. thanks for all the wonderful ideas, and happy holidays! :)

Staci says:

I can’t get the labels to print:( They come up as a pdf on my screen, but then the printer just shoots out a blank page. Any suggestions?

Heather says:

I just made 32 of these for teachers, friends, etc… We made them last year and they were delicious and a HUGE hit with everyone. Thanks for all of the good ideas!

Katherine says:

Where did those of you who used the short wide mouthed 8 oz jars find them? I live in a small town and we only have Walmart. They didn’t have them and I can’t seem to find them online! I’d really like to try these though so if you have any suggestions, please e-mail me! magicalkat1@gmail.com

Thanks!

Amy says:

I made these cupcakes as December birthday presents for some of the women at church and I couldn’t track down any short, wide-mouthed jars either…(I live in a town so small we don’t even have Walmart- oh, the horror!) Anyhoo, I used just regular 8oz. jelly jars and it turned out just fine. Everyone we delivered cupcakes to loved them. Either they were desperate for a chocolate fix and were willing to dig deep to get every bite or the novelty of the cupcake-in-a-jar outweighed the inconvenience of a tall, skinny jar!

Lori Clement says:

Hello,
    I have been searching for a good mint frosting recipe (I found one I’m going to use, from another post of yours!), but I wanted to let you know that the link to the mint frosting recipe from this page doesn’t work. Just thought you’d want to know, so you can fix it for the next person who needs it!

Ellen Kliman says:

How can I change the labels to print in blue for Hanukkah? Tried to copy and paste, but can’t do!

[...] Peppermint Fudge Cupcake Jars From Our Best Bites [...]

These cupcakes are absolutely amazing! I’m delighted with them! I’ve featured this recipes on my blog! I hope you don’t mind! If you don’t agree with that please contact me and I will remove it. All the best.

[...] Peppermint Fudge Cupcake Jars {Our Best Bites} [...]

Heather says:

I just made these to bring to work for a birthday and they are delicious! I didn’t want to buy jars, but I wanted to serve them in something because of the ganache, so I bought small wide plastic cocktail party cups. I cooked the cupcakes in plain liners, then removed the liners and put the cupcakes in the cups. They fit perfectly and look super cute!

I’m having the same problem with printing. When it prints, it’s just 2 randomly placed red squares and one small rectangle with a hint of the design. Would you be able to email the pdf to me? BTW…I am tempted to hoard all these jars to myself, but alas, I have to give away all 12! I made enough for a 13th, just to be sure it wasn’t poisonous…they are DEFINITELY poison, I tell you! Nice work!

Angela says:

Go to Avery.com and get some round, print to the edge labels. I got some in craft brown, they have a dozen templates that are easy to use. Turned out really really cute…

Sorry I missed this Elizabeth- December was pretty much a blur to me! I’ll check out the printing issue for future use.

Krista says:

I just made these for friends this Christmas. They turned out wonderfully! Made a batch of vanilla/peppermint frosting, then a second batch of just peppermint with red coloring and swirled them together. Found some tiny candy cane sprinkles to top it off. Thanks so much for this recipe!

P.S. I found my half-pint wide mouth jars at Ace Hardware, for those who are wondering. Ordered them online and they shipped to the store. Merry Christmas!

[...] a recipe for some cheesecakes and some brownies, both in mason jars on these two awesome websites: Peppermint Fudge Cupcake Jars from Our Best Bites Cheesecake Jars from The Italian [...]

[...] based it off this method from Our Best Bites, where you essentially paint a stripe INSIDE your pastry bag/ziplock back with gel food coloring, [...]

[...] Peppermint Fudge Cupcake Jars from Our Best Bites [...]