Every spring, I go on and on about strawberries. I think I get so excited because they’re so beautiful and cheap and, like the first really great watermelon in summer or the first sweet, crisp apple in the fall, or juicy orange in the winter, sweet, fat strawberries are one of the first signs of spring.

I realized recently that we don’t have a strawberry pie recipe on our blog. Problem is, as gorgeous as those pies loaded with shiny glazed strawberries are, I don’t really like the strawberry glazes or junkets–they often taste a little artificial or have weird textures to them. Instead, I love this pie that still showcases the beautiful berries, but the glaze is replaced with sweetened whipped cream and cream cheese. Then the strawberries are drizzled in chocolate because that is how strawberries were intended to be eaten. Promise.

Plus, it’s super easy. Easy as pie. Oh, Kate, that was lame.

You’ll need a quart of fresh, beautiful strawberries (pick out the prettiest ones of all sizes–the rest will be doomed to live the remainder of their lives with low self-esteem in a jam jar), whipping cream, powdered sugar, a little brown sugar (which I forgot in the picture), cream cheese, almond or vanilla extract, and about 1-2 ounces of chocolate (roughly 1 regular candy bar), and a graham cracker crust.

In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, mix the heavy cream with the powdered sugar until medium peaks form. Add about a cup of the whipped cream mixture to the cream cheese mixture and beat until it’s smooth and combined. Add the remaining whipped cream mixture, mixing until just combined.

Place the whipping cream/cream cheese mixture in the graham cracker crust

and spread it out evenly.  Isn’t it magical how this exact amount of whipped cream and cream cheese perfectly fill a graham cracker crust?  It’s like it was meant to be…

Pop that bad boy into the refrigerator for a few minutes while you slice the stems off the strawberries. Make sure the strawberries are as dry as possible–you don’t have to get crazy here, just whip out a paper towel and gently blot the un-cut surfaces.

Arrange the strawberries, cut side down, on the whipped cream mixture. You can press them way down if you want (and even add another layer of berries if you feel the urge) or just have them sticking out like I do here. Because they’re just so pretty.

Break the chocolate into chunks and place it in a small, heavy-duty Ziploc bag. Microwave for 45 seconds-1 minute, stopping every 20 seconds or so to mash the bag around. You don’t want the bag to get hot, you just want the chocolate to melt.  When the chocolate is melted, snip a corner off the bag and drizzle the chocolate over the berries.

Refrigerate the pie for at least 3 hours before serving. Wonder if Kate will ever again post a recipe that’s not a dessert. Know that I will. I promise. But until then, you’ve got pie…

Also, make sure you mark your calenders for some upcoming book signings!
Sara will be in Provo next week, at two locations- make sure to go say hello!  You’ll also see dates below for two signings in Boise, ID and also one in Seattle, WA!

Provo, UT
April 28th (next Thursday!)
BYU Bookstore

noon-1:30 pm

Seattle, WA
Friday June 10th
Deseret Book, Bellevue
5-7 pm

Connie says:

Oh that looks so yummy, now I have something to make for Easter Dinner (well for the dessert that is)…thanks Kate :)

meredith says:

Kate … This is beautiful!!
    I’ve also been loving your strawberry spInach salad, and I’m a salad lover!! I think I could eat it everyday, the yummy dressing pulls it together so nicely:-) Just for a bit of variation, if I was to substitute beans for the grilled chicken … What kind of beans would you suggest I use?? Thanks for another amazing recipe!

Oh, Meredith, I’m so glad you love that salad! I would probably sub in Great Northern or Garbanzo beans–something white and mild, you know? Yummm…maybe I’ll do that for lunch.

Ailene Hert says:

Yay for Seattle! That’s the closest you’ll probably get to us (you have a few fans in Moses Lake, Washington too, and it’s a straight shot on I-90 from Moses Lake to Seattle… (hint!))!

Will you be doing anything besides signing books? Like… any demos or speaking? Just checking! :D

Sheena says:

I can’t wait to try this!! I just want to let you know I absolutely love your cookbook!! Every recipe I’ve made is an instant family classic! Thank you for all your hard work!!

Erin Walsh says:

I’m a huge fan of this blog (an I’m even an ex-food snob) and I think the recipes in here surpass any type of fusion, trendy food I might find in a magazine or on the Food Channel. When are you going to get one of those shows, btw? ;)

This recipe just makes sense and sounds yummy, too. Coming from an SEO side of things (that’s what I do for a living), if you had a like button on this, it would be reposted all over Facebook just by me alone!

Kirsten says:

Ooh, I’m going to have to make this, but with an oreo crust instead of graham cracker, and nutella drizzled on top. Because that’s what I have in the pantry. And it sounds amazing :)

YOU ARE NOT COMING TO SEATTLE?!?!?! Of course, I won’t be here that weekend. I am despondent. I even called my sister to tell her we’re going to your book signing, and she reminded me I’ll be in California. I’m genuinely upset. I was SO happy for about 5 minutes.

My comment should really be meant like “I can’t believe you’re coming to Seattle.” That’s hard to read into haha. Also, I made this yesterday, and everyone thought it was homemade because it was so pretty. I loved it!

Karalee Lifferth says:

I am SO happy you posted this. I will have to try it ASAP. I LOVE strawberries but I agree with you 100% about the glaze. It grosses me out and makes me feel like I am eating a maraschino cherry, but in strawberry form. Plus, I don’t like my fruit warm, so this is awesome. Can’t wait to try it out!!

Kari says:

Oh my goodness does our blog make me happy. Your writing and pictures just make my day. I’m on Weight Watchers and this recipes are so point worthy.

Kimie says:

I’m definitely making this, and then eating it, by myself, in a closet, so no one can find me.

Yum, yum! Ok, this strawberry pie actually sounds GOOD! I have been pretty turned off to strawberry pies ever since there was one at a potluck that looked like just pie crust and strawberries – no filler, maybe a glaze and just not very appetizing. LOVE the addition of the chocolate drizzle. If I didn’t already have other Easter goodies to make, this would be high on the list for this weekend. Can’t wait for the Seattle signing! :)

Anna R says:

This does look yummy indeed!
    Strawberry pies, strawberry shortcake, chocolate strawberries all are my favorite things.
    I do love my mom’s strawberry pie (with a small amount of glaze)…but it never lasts long enough to get soggy.
    By the way, whomever made a warm strawberry pie didn’t know what they were doing. The glaze is ALWAYS cooled before assembling a pie. I feel sorry to Karalee and anyone else subjected to bad pie…that’s a terrible thing. : )

Erin A says:

This looks much easier than the strawberry dessert I’m planning on making this weekend…choices.

Micah says:

yum… that looks perfect! i love strawberry season!

That is a really yummy and beautiful looking pie! Reminds me of the cream pie with raspberry topping my mom makes. I also don’t care for strawberry glaze (AT ALL), so it’s nice to see a pie that just leaves the strawberries as they’re meant to be. :)

I’m happy to see that you use store-bought graham cracker pie crusts, BTW. I absolutely love to make key lime pie, but I hate making the crust from scratch. Mine always come out uneven and too crumbly, when the store-bought ones are pretty and taste perfectly good! I will stop feeling guilty about buying them now.

Elise Carr says:

I’m totally going to make this for Easter! Thank you! I was wondering..should I make it day of? Or is it ok to make the day before and refrigerate?

You could either make it that morning or the night before. The only thing is that after the chocolate dries, be sure to cover up the pie so those pretty berries don’t dry out! :)

I have been having a huge debate with myself the past week about what type of dessert to make for Easter: a fruit dessert or a chocolate dessert. I think you have just solved my problem!

Amy Taylor says:

That looks super yummy. Is it messy to serve? It seems like it would kind of fall apart when serving.

Amy, it’s actually not too bad as long as it sits for at least a few hours (because the cream cheese sets back up and then the moisture soaks into the crust a little to help bind it). Just be careful when slicing it! Another alternative is to get those little graham cracker crust tarts and use those instead–that way, you don’t have to worry about cutting and serving.

Holly Weston says:

Wow! What a great spring dessert! I love strawberries too (and chocolate, and cream cheese and whipping cream and powdered sugar). What a heavenly combination. (And I can’t stand that glaze stuff either which is why I’ve never liked strawberry pie.) Thanks for the recipe! I can’t wait to try it. I might even have to make two and hide one (you know, for myself – but don’t tell anyone!).

Collette says:

If you make the original Lion House recipe for Fresh Strawberry pie there is nothing artificial/yuck about it. The glaze part is just crushed strawberries, sugar, and cornstarch, cooked and cooled. (I don’t add the lemon juice.) Put the whole berries in a cooked crust, pour the cooled glaze mixture over the top, let set, and pipe mounds of heavy cream beat with vanilla and powdered sugar on top. Then eat the whole pie yourself…

Thesha says:

This looks so delicious! I can’t wait to try it.

Heather says:

Ridiculously yummy looking. and ridiculously easy. Thank you

Celia says:

thanks for posting this in the week that Fred Meyer has a good deal on strawberries (4lb for $5) which I am planning to take advantage of TONIGHT! This sounds yummy. Will definitely try.

TaraLynn says:

This sounds absolutely HEAVENLY! And the husband just ordered two flats of strawberries…perfect!

Amber says:

Looks like I’ve just found the dessert I’m making for Easter! Yummy!

Kimberly says:

This looks so yummy. I’m a big strawberry fan too – I just can’t get enough of them. We have some great local farms that have DELISH strawberries. And if you guys want to come spend some lazy summer days in southern California for book signings, we would LOVE to have you down here.

shafeena says:

it looks so easy and simple ! def. going to try it ! just wondering if we get graham crackers in the UAE

Marnie says:

Oh, My! That looks positively decadent and yummy! I would so make this if I weren’t on yet another diet. (I know.. who goes on a diet right before Easter??? DUH) Anyway, I’m printing out this one- it will also be perfect for the 4th of July. Thanks for sharing!

Erin Martino says:

Once again, my mouth is watering. You make it hard for a sista to lose baby weight! And by the by, it would be awesome if y’all made your pretty little way down to Denton, TX. There’s a Moon’s Bookstore just down the way in Dallas. Just a thought. 

gary'sgirl says:

OH YUM! Can’t wait to make this!! Looks absolutely fabulous! :))

*Just Fran* says:

You are so right. Those glazed strawberry pies are gorgeous, but often disappointing. Can’t go wrong with chocolate and strawberries, though. You have a winner here.

Vicki~* says:

Gosh, any chance of coming a bit further south to SoCal for a book signing? We would LOVE to have you visit!!!!

Wendy Perkins says:

Finally, a strawberry pie that actually looks delicious! I really need to make this for my daughter, who’s first word was “‘berry”, and first sentence was “more berry”. Strawberries plus whipped cream plus chocolate… be still my heart!

emily says:

This pie looks delicious and I cannot wait to make it! Thanks!

Aileen says:

Like many people who read this blog, this is going to make an appearance on our table this Easter! Yummy! We have one more quart of strawberries in the fridge from our CSA box this week so it’s great timing!

LIana says:

So I made these last night (in the individual crusts and they were so yummy!! Very pretty too.

Funny story:
    I made the cream cheese mixture in my Kitchenaid and was getting ready to make the whipped cream. I accidentaly dumped the powdered sugar into the cream cheese mixture. ‘No problem,’ I thought, ‘It’s on top so I will just dump it out. A little extra sugar wont hurt.’ Well, I went to unlock the stand and instead releasing the latch I turned on the mixer. Powdered sugar went everywhere! I was still able to dump some out, and the tarts turned out great anyway.

Regina says:

oh yay ~ i too totally dislike those jello type strawberry pies. this one looks fabulous! i can’t wait to pick some strawberries and whip this up! thanks for sharing!

Shauna says:

This looks so yummy, and I don’t even like strawberries! Can you substitute cool whip for the whipping cream? Or should I brave going back to the store today?

Shauna–Sorry I’m getting back to you so late! I totally imagine that you could–probably 1 small container would cut it. And you wouldn’t need the powdered sugar (obviously. :) )

Julie says:

Question: The recipe calls for light brown sugar…is it okay if we use dark brown? Will that make a difference?

We are planning on making this for Easter tomorrow!

Sharlene says:

This pie looks almost too beautiful to eat! Almost.

Melissa says:

I’m hoping to make this tomorrow for Easter as my contribution to a dinner I’m invited too. The host likes banana’s do you think I could substitute the strawberries for banana’s. I know it would be a sad day in the berry world or do half and half?

What is your thoughts? Thanks for sharing.

Julia says:

This looks DELISH! And I love your site/book ladies! I use it all the time!

Question about this though: If I have unsweetened bakers chocolate, could I use that for the chocolate drizzle on top, or do you think that would be to bitter, even with all the other stuff?

I think it would probably be too bitter (the pie isn’t overwhelmingly sweet to begin with. Sweet yes, but not like those stupid caramel chocolate peanut butter bars that completely derailed my diet… :) ). I know you can add sugar, I just don’t know how much or when or how. I’d look it up for you, but I’m tired. :)

Shannon says:

Hi there…I’m also making this for Easter tomorrow…I don’t know if you’ll have time to respond tonight but if you do, I’m going to make this tonight ahead of time…should I wait and put the strawberries on it tomorrow before serving? I’m thinking that might work out best. Thanks and Happy Easter :)

Either way. If you add the strawberries ahead of time, there’s a little more strawberry flavor and everything sets up nicely, but you run the risk of the strawberries drying out while they’re in the fridge. On the other hand, the berries will be prettier if you add them later, but then you run into the possibility that the whipping cream will be too set up and it will be hard to get the berries right where you want them. Maybe make the night before but make sure it’s well-covered so the berries don’t dry out? I don’t know. :)

Kristin Hoeflin says:

I made this for dessert tonight and it was sooooo good! I had to have 2nds. Very easy to make too. I used semisweet chocolate chips for the drizzle and it was a nice contrast.

Victoria says:

I am making this tonight to take to Easer lunch tomorrow. It looks so good. I was actually thinking of slicing the strawberries and putting them in a little sugar to make their own sweet juice. Then drizzling chocolate on them. I hope that works!! I think it will be super tasty even if it comes out a little “wrong.”
    Thanks for your blog! I have made so many of your recipes and have loved them all.

Bonnie Dangerfield Tanner says:

When will you come out to NY/NJ to do a signing? That would be the best awesomest thing! Especially if you came this Wednesday for my birthday :0)

I wish!!! :) Tell Deseret Book you want us there. And bat your eyes and smile sweetly. :)

• Bonnie Dangerfield Tanner says:

We totally need a Deseret Book out here. I miss it (we moved from Utah). Thanks for this recipe. I made it today for Easter and it was delish. . made an Oreo crust. . Mm-mm good! You can’t go wrong with chocolate, strawberries, cream cheese and whipped cream.

Carrie says:

I made this for dessert tomorrow, and I didn’t beat the cream cheese mixture enough, so the cream base of the pie wasn’t as light and airy. It tastes great, and I am hoping it will set up nicely overnight. Woopsies!

This is so pretty! I have definitely bookmarked it Happy Easter!

Laura S says:

So during the refrigeration process, do the strawberries get mushy? I don’t like that frozen strawberry taste and was wondering if this has that. It looks SO good!

Julia says:

HAHA thanks for the info Kate-and about those caramel chocolate pb bars, don’t trip. My family iis Polynesian, maybe you should take on our policy-when you get full or its bad for you, just push it down and eat more! Theres a reason people say fat and happy! HAHA…im kinda kidding…

jill says:

I just made this for Easter desert…I added a layer of ganache on the bottom of the crust and let it set up before adding the whipped cream mixture. Then drizzled ganache on the top. Oh.my.goodness.

A little slice of heaven!

jill says:

Easter dessert, not desert :)

Jennifer DeMille says:

So will you guys ever make it to southern utah for a book signing? Would love it if you came to Cedar City or St. George!!!

Monica says:

This is absolutely wonderful! I bought way too much Easter candy and so I melted the milk chocolate eggs that I had on hand. Next is to make the strawberry syrup with the leftover strawberries. Yum!

Carol says:

Made this for Easter dinner – fantastic!! I made it this morning and refrigerated until dinner time. I melted dark chocolate chips for the chocolate drizzle. I may never have strawberry shortcake again – this is too good.

Jennifer S says:

Made this to go with our Easter dinner today. It turned out even yummier than I had expected. Then again, so does every recipe that I make off of your website. I did forget to dry my strawberries well, my pie turned out just a bit watery on top. But it was oh-so-delicious. Thanks!

Made this tonight for Easter dessert (like we needed more sugar, right?) Fantastic. I used an Oreo crust because I like chocolate that much. Amazing. Thanks for a super easy one! (Easy as pie, even.)

Leah says:

I made this today for Easter dessert–beautiful and, I think, a good fit for Easter, but I was a little disappointed with the taste. It didn’t taste bad by any means, it just wasn’t that amazing either. Also, mine was in the fridge for about 6 hours, but it still fell apart when we cut/served it. Overall, I would probably make it again, but not because it was my favorite flavor-wise–it was just so darn pretty! (FYI–I have loved every other recipe I have ever tried on this site so far–thanks for all your work! I want your cookbook!)

April says:

This will be my new Easter dessert! Super easy and super yum! Thanks

Marianne says:

I made this for an Easter dessert, as well. Oh, wow. First thing I’ve tried off your website, but now I’ll be trying more, for sure! I made my mother’s home-made rolls for dinner, which took hours, but this pie (which was so easy!) was the hit of the night. I drizzled a Cadbury bar on top, which was bad because it pushed it over the top and made me want to eat half a pie myself! Thanks!

Tiffani says:

I made this pie over the weekend and it was sooooo yummy! My husband LOVED it, which means a lot because he is not a dessert/sweets/pie kind of person. He said to me “you can keep this recipe.” Lol. There were two pieces left, which we both ate for breakfast the next morning :)

jamie says:

I made this yesterday for our Easter dessert and it was so divine. Thank you so much for all of the hard work you guys do. I really love your blog and hope to one day have a few extra bucks to purchase your cookbook.

Erika says:

I made this for Easter dinner yesterday, and my pregnant friend (don’t know why the fact that she’s pregnant makes the comment sound more legit? Maybe because you just don’t argue with a pregnant woman about her food?) made the comment that it’s everything she loves about pie (whipped cream, delicious fruit, sweet crust) without everything she doesn’t (soggy fruit, inappropriate filling/crust ratio). Delicious!

And just so you know, my Easter table was half-filled with OBB recipes! This pie, bacon wrapped green bean bundles (AMAZING!), and holiday block jell-o. Add that to ham, salad, and Scarborough Fair potatoes (parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme), and we decided to call it F-easter. Love this site!

Michelle Ayers says:

Wow! I am drooling : ).

This is perfect because I don’t like the glazes either!

Dani Stephens says:

This dessert literally saved my life!!! I made this for a dinner party on Friday night (along with the Pork Tender w/Chimichurri). They were both HUGE hits!
    Anyway, I am a Type I diabetic and I accidentally gave myself too much insulin, so I had to eat the leftover pie to keep my sugar up. :) It’s so rare that I really get to indulge on treats, and I enjoyed every minute of it!

crystle says:

made this for easter…it was a hit

Joanna says:

I made this for Easter…it was a total hit! Simple to make, yet elegant looking and delicious, this dessert had all the right moves. Thanks so much!

Mikol says:

Not only did it look great! It tasted great too! I made this for Easter dinner and it was a huge hit. I loved the responses I got from all those who ate it! Thanks for lots of great recipes.

Katie M. says:

I made this this weekend. It was amazing!

amelia says:

Y’all! Whatcha bet this one would also be great with peaches later in the summer? I’mma thinkin’ I’mma have to TRY THAT!

marisa says:

yummo. It is things like this that make life so good:)

Julie Tedjamulia says:

I made this for Easter and it was sooo yummy. It was a little runny…do yo think it was because I chopped the strawberries up first? Or is it a mixing thing?

It could be the liquid from the strawberries–did you add them to the whipped cream? Or just have chopped strawberries on top? It also could be that the cream cheese wasn’t mixed well enough with the whipping cream or the whipping cream wasn’t whipped quite enough. Or if it sat on the counter for too long.

Tiphini says:

Totally made this for Easter and MAN it looked pretty setting all out on the counter waiting to be cut but MAN it sure looked ugly once I cut it. lol What did I do wrong? the whip was all runny and liquidy under the surface event though it sat overnight in the fridge. It tastes fantastic though.

My guess is either the cream cheese wasn’t mixed in well enough with the whipped cream or the whipped cream wasn’t stiff enough. How long did it sit out on the counter? That might be it, too. :)

Veronica Boley says:

Wow…this pie was amazing!! This has become an over night favorite!! And fyi…it’s really good for breakfast, too ;)

Jana says:

I made this today and just sat down and had my first slice…can I say YUM!! The only thing I did different was to use a chocolate graham cracker crust instead of the original and it was really good! Thanks so much…I’m going to be sharing this one on my blog!

Nicole Peck says:

Wow. Yum. That’s all I have to say!

Made this for Easter dessert. Used a chocolate crumb crust instead and drizzled with both milk and dark chocolate. Looked wonderful. Tasted even better. Thanks for a great recipe.

kim says:

Made this into little mini pies for Easter and everyone LOVED it! Thank you so much!

Oh these look amazing! I left a blog award for you over at http://kneadysweetie.blogspot.com/2011/04/blog-awards.html

Jenn-Lee says:

So , your site has been up on my computer all day since I first found it this morning. We have been browsing on and off all day. My 8 yr old daughter thought this recipe looks so yummy she said it was making her want to eat the computer! :) We are trying your coconut crusted chicken tonight and already have a list of others we cannot wait to try! Great site! Thank you!!!!

Alyssa says:

This is my new favorite dessert. And I’ve had a lot of those. I agree that fresh strawberries are the key! Thanks for this.

Angela Gooden says:

I made this Pie today and it was amazing!!!! Sooo easy to make and a great light dessert.
    Thanks Kate :)

Lori says:

Made this delicious pie last night. Yummmmmmmm! sums it up well, a great blend of flavors. As many discussed some issues with the cream cheese/whip cream becoming watery I added a tablespoon of vanilla pudding to the whip cream. My honey just cut a piece for breakfast and it is still looking good!! Thanks for this recipe!!

Sara says:

SO FLippin GOOD!

Katie says:

I made this for Easter and my whole family loved it so much that I made it again for Mother’s Day. Thank you for sharing this recipe!!

Stacey says:

This was amazing! So good and so easy and so beautiful. A real show-stopper. Mine looked just like the picture, too! When does that ever happen?!

Summer says:

Ok – so I had to improvise a little with this recipe today and it worked out awesome! So i decided to share! We don’t have a microwave at the moment so I panicked when I thought I couldn’t make this because I couldn’t melt the chocolate. So I had to get creative. I put the hershey candy bar while still in the wrapper under some hot water then left it in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes. It melted the chocolate perfectly and still kept the chocolate cool so i just clipped the edge of the wrapper and Voila! I just thought I would share if someone else doesn’t have a microwave and or doesn’t have a ziploc baggie on hand… which I also didn’t have. Also – my extremely picky 17 year old brother in law couldn’t get enough of this dish.. he had 3 helpings and told me it was to DIE FOR! so thank you for sharing a killer recipe!!!

Melanie says:

This recipe was so easy and SO yummy (oh, and pretty, too!) Made it for several friends and they all loved it. I would definitely make it again. Thanks for the great recipe!

April says:

Super yummy, easy and cheap pie! I cut my strawberries in half and laid them cut side down just because that was my preference over the whole strawberry standing on end. It was a potluck success!! I wanted to make another today but my 2 and 4 year olds just ate all the strawberries! :( Next time I think I’ll make a chocolate graham crust instead of honey grahams.

Kristen says:

Just wanted to share that I made the pie for a party we threw but used the mini graham cracker crusts instead of one big one. The recipe filled 12 mini’s (two 6 packs from the store) perfectly and I put three to four strawberries on each one depending on the size of the strawberries. Also, next time I think I’ll wait and drizzle the melted chocolate on just before serving so that it’s still all melty and gooey. By the way, everyone RAVED about the cute little strawberry pies!!!

C says:

Made this pie yesterday afternoon to (finally) use up a left-over crust that was lying around my kitchen. It was so easy to prepare and tasted fantastic! I added fresh raspberries in between the strawberries, then drizzled chocolate over the whole thing. Incredible!

Dorothy says:

This pie is SO good, thank you for the recipe!!

Jana says:

Just tried this (in November with snow outside thanks to a great sale at my neighborhood store) and it was DELICIOUS!! Although it might look better with the strawberries whole, I think next time I will cut them before adding them to the top – easier to eat that way.

Julie says:

I won first prize at the stake rodeo pie contest with this pie! I made my own graham cracker crust with honeymaid cinnamon graham crackers. I also chopped up my strawberries. Also, it’s important to whip the cream until stiff peaks form. This will really help the pie not be too soft or runny.

Paula says:

ok.. so ive been making things from your blog for over a week now, and every single thing i am LOVING! This was NO exception! suuuper yummy! and just in case you cant get enough chocolate like me.. :) i spread some of the new chocolate indulgence cream on the bottom before the whipped cream mixture.. i think it made it even more heavenly!! thanks a bunch!!

MaMaLaLa says:

I made this for hubby for father’s day. He loves raspberries, so I topped it with berries and it was delish. He really enjoyed a special dessert for just him. Well done.