So you know this 7-Layer Greek Dip that I posted around the beginning of the year? Yeah, that recipe and I kind of have an unhealthy, co-dependent relationship. The good news is that it’s loaded with things that are good for you, so it’s not like having an unhealthy, co-dependent relationship with, say, a tower of doughnuts or bricks of Velveeta, but still. Don’t think I wasn’t a little ashamed to spoon the dip into a little ramekin and snack on it on the sly.

Well, I had that dip on my mind the other day as I was dreaming up this Greek dressing and, having read about Greek Tacos in the latest issue of Taste of Home magazine, I thought that maybe, just maybe, it would be a little more socially acceptable to put all my favorite Greek-ish things into taco form than eating it with a spoon.

If you start totally from scratch here, this meal could be pretty work intensive, but if you work in leftovers and maybe a tub of store-bought hummus, it comes together in a matter of minutes. I started out with marinating some chicken in our super-easy Greek Vinaigrette

After a few hours, I popped it onto the grill.

At that point, you can either serve it right away or refrigerate it until you’re ready to serve it. Whatever works, right?

Then, aside from the tortillas, I swapped out all of the typical Mexican taco ingredients for more Greek-inspired ingredients:

Shredded lettuce=chopped or shredded Romaine
Cheddar cheese=crumbled Feta cheese
Black olives=chopped Kalamata olives
Guacamole=Hummus
Jalapenos=Sliced or chopped pepperoncinis
Sour cream=Tzatziki
Pico de Gallo=Greek-ish Tomato Salad

Wondering what Greek-ish tomato salad is? Um, what planet have you been living on? Just kidding–I totally just threw a bunch of stuff together and gave it the very technical name of “Greek-ish Tomato Salad.” What goes into Greek-ish Tomato Salad? Roma tomatoes, minced red onions, any combination of fresh basil, oregano, and/or parsley, and Greek Vinaigrette to taste.

Chop up the tomatoes…

and then toss in some minced onions and chopped herbs…

and toss the mixture with enough Greek dressing to taste. You might need to add little kosher salt and freshly ground pepper as well.

So anyway, how do you put this all together? Super, super easy. Fill individual tortillas with your favorite toppings and enjoy–a perfect family-friendly, guest-friendly healthy summer meal!

Also, for those of you in the Seattle area, please come see us today and tomorrow!

June 10th

June 11th
Barnes & Noble
3-5 PM
2675 NE University Village Street
Seattle, WA 98105

MAGDALENA says:

Great!! Fantastic recipe!! ;-)

gary'sgirl says:

Oh my! This sounds sooooo good! Totally up my alley! :))

We had taco night last night with just plan ole tacos. Wish you had posted this yesterday so that we could have changed things up a bit. LOL! But I guess we will just have to try these the next time we have taco night!

adrienne says:

I make something like this often, but we use pitas or flat bread instead of tortillas, since that is authentically greek. I can’t wait to try your dressing out!

Katherine D. says:

What a terrific themed taco. Can’t wait to try it.

Ashley says:

What a great alternative to plain ol’ taco night…which we do regularly around our house. Looking forward to this!

Martha says:

I would like to take the Asian Cabbage Salad recipe with me in my RV to make for a potluck. Is there a “Print This” for the older recipes?

Celeste B. says:

These sound delish. Combining greek and tacos…how can you go wrong?

These sound awesome Kate- they’d be good in Pitas too!

First off, I would buy that blood orange soda. I used to live in Italy and blood oranges are AMAZING!! Then I would try to find food from other favorite places around the world, Brazil (where hubby is from), New Zealand, Germany, etc!

Meredith Keller says:

New glassware for the summer!

Jennifer Sorensen says:

Looks Delicious!

Melanie Charlton says:

Too bad I wasn’t that friend that you used to go to World Market with… because that is totally on my top 5 favorite home stores. And for Christmas stocking stuffers, LOOK OUT! That place is a-ma-zing…. And, if you’re ever looking for that 10 lb back of gummy bears, that’s where you want to be (or at least my husband would).

Natalie says:

I need new dishes…a neutral white, please! I haven’t bought new dishes since 2000 and they are so chipped and worn…a trip to DI is in order! Love your blog…just had the strawberry cheescake squares and the French Dips, TO.DIE.FOR! Keep the yummy recipes coming! :)

Rachel Chamberlain says:

My birthday is next week, so I would be all over the jewelry!

Joanie H says:

i love the selection of food they have there — so thats what I would spend it on!

Elise says:

I’d love some new fun Summer dishes….like you show on your table!

Candy S says:

Just had this for our fathers day dinner, even the greek-ish tomato salad :) it was a hit with the hubby’s and we are about to dig into the berry cobbler for dessert!

Wow Kate…this was fantastic! I just had some friends make it for me and all I can say is bravo! What a great combination of flavors. I can’t wait to make it again!

rachael stangle says:

YES! i was wondering what to do with a ton of feta and left over chicken thanks for this fantastic recipe!

Sheri says:

Had ‘em tonight. FANTASTIC! A new family fav. Thank you.

Sarah says:

I have been saving this recipe, afraid my picky eater of a husband would not be interested. I could wait no more! And guess what?? We both LOVED them! So great to have the vinaigarette and the tomato salad also in the repetoire! 3 for 1! Thank you for sharing!

I’m really inspired with your writing abilities as well as with the format in your blog. Is that this a paid subject or did you modify it your self? Either way stay up the excellent quality writing, it?s rare to see a nice blog like this one these days..

Melissa Eggertsen says:

Ever since you posted the greek 7-layer dip, I’ve rotated between it and the Greek Couscous Salad in your book. I have had one or the other in my fridge non-stop for a month! I keep gobbling it up and making more. So addicting! I’m totally on a greek kick! I’m excited to use this recipe as a base and incorporate more ways to be creative with my greek-fetish! Perhaps I can fool my family into thinking it’s a new food entirely!

Melissa Eggertsen says:

Oh I’ve also been making greek salads every other day! Throw together spinach, tomatoes, red onion, feta, cucumbers and Kalamata olives with a light drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Divine!!

Angela says:

I don’t know how this slipped my attention ( actually I think I was on vacation when this was posted), but yum. Making this tonight. Just happen to have the layered Greek dip in the fridge.

weird. came on to find some recipes for this week’s menu and i was like ” oh yum”, i should make this since i’ve got tzatziki in the fridge and have been marinating chicken in lemon and oregano……… and the last comment was from me, too. so clearly i made these in march of this year.