I have a list of links bookmarked on my computer that’s a mile long.  Yes literally, a whole mile.  That’s super long.  The biggest category is labeled “recipes to try” and there are some that have been there for years.  This one is one I always see when I’m scrolling through the list because it’s been there for like, 5 years.  I thought I should finally make it just so I could delete it and let something else win the title of longest time on the list.  Because I’m all about equal opportunity.  These ooey gooey brownies have the look of a gourmet concoction, but they start off with a shortcut and are thrown together in no time.  You’ll use a devil’s food cake mix (we like Duncan Hines) and turn it into a brownie.  The middle layer boasts fluffy, melty marshmallow cream and dots of peanut butter morsels.  Sounds like a winning combination, right??  It totally is.

Start by mixing part of the sweetened condensed milk with the cake mix, butter, milk, and egg white.  It doesn’t look like a cake batter, it’s super thick like this:

You’ll need to pat part of this mixture into a 9×13 inch pan.  You can either flour your hands, or spray them with cooking spray to avoid big goopy chocolate hands.  That layer gets popped in the oven for about 10 minutes.

While it gets baked up, grab the marshmallow cream and scoop it all out into a bowl.

Add the rest of the sweetened condensed milk and stir it up till it’s nice and smooth

Lovely, isn’t it?

Then, we add peanut butter chips.  Mmmm…peanut butter chips.
What a beautiful invention.

You can certainly measure them out.  Or you can dump them in and accidentally dump way more than the recipe calls for.  I won’t tell.

Stir them in

Then pour the marshmallow mixture over your pre-cooked brownie mixture.  The marshmallow mixture is nice and sticky so just be patient and spoon it on a little at a time and very gently spread it around.

Then take the rest of that brownie dough and use your fingers to sort of smoosh it out into flat pieces and lay them on top.

Ready for the oven!  Bake for another 30 minutes and wa-lah…
(And if you’re about to send me a rude grammar-correcting email or comment, I will just tell you now that I already know that’s not the correct spelling of wa-lah and I’m using it anyway.  Because it’s my blog and I feel like it.  And I don’t like writing in French because people won’t pronounce it wa-lah in their heads they will say viola.
And that just sounds lame.  Seriously.  Stop the emails.  I’m sure you have better things you could do with your time.  Like make brownies!)

It will kill you to not cut into these right away, but trust me, they are much better after they’ve cooled down.  You can leave them slightly warm, or cool them completely to really taste all of the flavors.  They’re awesome in big squares with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top too.

Or just stuffed in your face. Your call.

A few of you readers in the comments were surprised to note the source of such a naughty looking recipe:  Cooking Light Magazine! I noted that the great thing about Cooking Light is that they skim calories where they can, but without sacrificing the recipe.  So while these brownies are totally drool-worthy, they use non-fat milk and non-fat sweetened condensed milk, only 1 egg white in the whole recipe and only 4 tablespoons butter.  All things considered, that’s a pretty great line-up for a treat as decadent as this!  So go ahead; eat one more ;)

Lisa says:

These look so delicious! I can feel my teeth starting to hurt already, though :)

Simply.food says:

These look Devine.

Molly says:

These sound glorious! I’m a New Englander, so it’d be Fluff for me for this recipe. Oh goodness, I can’t wait to give this a shot.

Cami says:

I can relate! I grew up eating Peanut Butter and Fluff sandwiches. Then when I moved West, no one knew what I was talking about.

Thesha says:

Delicious! I can’t wait to try these.

Michelle says:

Am I the only one who giggled a little when they saw this recipe was from “Cooking Light” magazine??? After the well-detailed description of how rich and decadent they are, it just caught me off guard. :)

Can’t wait to make these!

Jenn says:

I thought the same thing!

Right?! That’s what I love about Cooking Light, it’s not “diet food” like some people assume, it’s just about skimming calories in the right places without sacrificing the overall dish. So in this recipe, notice they use non-fat sweetened condensed milk, nonfat milk, only 1 egg white, and only 4 tablespoons butter. That’s pretty great for something so decadent!

Anne says:

Family Home Evening treat tonight? Why, yes, I think I’ve found it. Thanks!

Natalie B says:

I thought the same thing!! Too bad its not my turn (we meet with the in-law’s). I will probably have to eat a plain, box made cake with canned frosting instead. . . but NEXT week, I am gonna knock their socks off with these babies!! WOo hoo!!

Erin says:

My to make bookmark list got so long that I had to start dividing them up into categories! But this recipe right here is moving up in priority!

kellie says:

Oh.my.yummy!

Leona Patteson says:

These sound a lot like the Mississippi Mud Cake my Mom always made (sans peanut butter chips). So this recipe hits two high notes for me, childhood memories and it starts with a boxed cake mix, and I’m not a make it from scratch cook.

Sian says:

This is the problem with living in another country. We don’t really have box mixes and marshmallow in a jar is very hard to come by (or really really expensive!) and I am pretty confident we do not have peanut butter chips (sigh). Looks great though!

Margail Marquez says:

:( I will gladly send you any ingredient that you can’t get wherever you live, no really I will! I would have a hard time living somewhere I couldn’t get ingredients for Mexican food. Just let me know.
      Regards,
      Margail

Stacey Ann says:

I would be thrilled to send you the ingredients to make this recipe as well. That would make my day to package it all up for you. Please, let me know where to send and it will be on its way!

Mariel says:

you are naughty. i could stare at those all day!

This is one of my favorite Cooking Light recipes- I made it multiple times and it is always delicious. Now I want to make it again!

Jill says:

This looks so good! I’ve made a similar recipe with German Chocolate cake mix and caramel, super yummy! I am wondering if it’s possible to use a German Chocolate cake mix with this recipe as well instead of the Devil’s Food cake mix? Then I would have all the ingredients in the house to make it today :-)

Jill I’m guessing that would be just fine! Go for it!

Amy says:

Ohhh Jill, are you referring to the “crack” brownies? AKA “break-up brownies?” hehehehe they are famous in my friend group! Im trying these ones next, hopefully tonight!

Amy says:

Sorry to double post, but I forgot to mention that if you are talking about the break-up brownies, I have done the reverse swap and used devils food in place of the German choc, and it was still delish..so that logic might apply for these! (and I see Sara has pre-approved that :)) For some reason I have a hard time finding the GC in stores around here…

YUM!! This is like a combination of a bar cookie recipe I recently got (and LOVE and have been meaning to send your way because it uses ingredients I often see on your site) and Mississippi Mud brownies. Can’t wait to try it. Plus the hubs love PB, so this should be a winner!! :)

Looking forward to Seattle this weekend!! My boy is spending the weekend with his grandparents for the first time so my hubby and I have the trip to ourselves. Still deciding whether we’ll do 1 or 2 nights with our added freedom. Oh, and I had to laugh yesterday when he said, “do you think they’d recognize you?” I said, “Ha ha! No! But it’s a nice thought.” ;)

It’s a good thing I love making cookies from cake mix, so I have a like bajillion boxes of cake mix in my cupboard asking to be turned into these brownies.

teresa says:

My daughter just gave me your recipe book for my birthday….love it. You have a great site here.
    Happy Day

Chels R. says:

I have a feeling my husband would die for this :)

Lindsey says:

HOLY COW!!! Or should I say, Oh my HECK! :) YUM-O!!! Guess I’m heading back to the store today!

Carrie says:

oh, heaven help me.

John Valenty says:

Wow. This will be the death of me. I’m going to have to wait to make these for a party or something because it’d be way too dangerous to have these sitting on my kitchen counter for more than an hour.

Lauren says:

I’m thinking about making these with graham cracker pieces instead of peanut butter chips so they’ll turn out like s’mores. That should work, right? Although it might be very dangerous before swimsuit season.

mmm yummy. The only thing is that the graham crackers might sort of melt into goo while baking. You might try sprinkling them on top? I bet it would be good though!

• Brit Higley says:

Graham cracker pieces might get gooey, but I bet you could try something like honey teddy grahams and they might hold up in the baking process better. Sounds sooo good. I love me some pb but I also love me some s’mores.

Wendy Perkins says:

These sound scrumptious! Only I really hate to throw away egg yolks – do you think I could use a whole egg, and maybe a little less butter?

Katherine D. says:

Those look crazy good!
    Every Sunday I swear that the upcoming week will be sugar-free. Swimsuit season is here for heavens sake! Then you go and post something like this and I lose all will power!

I just found a bag of peanut butter morsels in my pantry that I had forgotten about…Guess what I will be making this afternoon?! Thanks!!

Rebecca Lynn says:

My gosh! Just looking at the picture of the brownies makes me want to go to Curves! :):) Thank you, Ms. Sara, for the recipe.
    Question: How could I adapt this for use with my from-scratch brownie recipe – just use the dry ingredients of it? I am one of “those cooks” who loathes using box mixes, even though my mother used them, occasionally, and so have I in the past. Anyway, would just using the dry ingredients be the same as using a box mix, I hope I hope? :)

Christy says:

Did you find out if you could do this without a box. I’m just not sure what to use since they start out thick and sticky. Also, we don’t mind using the whole egg yolk here. My husbands a nutritionist and firmly believes that there is nothing wrong with the fats of milk and egg yolks! :) It’s the sugar one has to worry about. So, I figure, we may as well go all out and have a glorious time with these. :) Anyway, I just wanted to know if there was a way to do these from scratch or if I could use pretty much any recipe.

AnnaBeth says:

You knew it was my birthday, didn’t you?!

Erin says:

Bummer! I’m going out of town Friday morning. I live in Bellevue, 148th to be exact. You’ll be so close to my house but I won’t be. One of these days I will get to meet the lovely ladies behind these yummy recipes.

This is officially going on my list of foods to make

Crystal says:

These look amazing! I have a question though, can you use peanut butter from a jar instead of the chips (and if so, how much do you think)? I am an American living in Ireland and they just dont have peanut butter chips here (they also dont have marshmellow cream but I have a recipe for that). Anyway, I think these would be wonderful for father’s day!

oops. my website didnt link up right in the last one.

Sara Bingham says:

These look fabulous! I use to bake at a restraunt and we made something like this only we used caramels instead of marshmallow fluff and mini-chocolate chips instead of peanut butter chips. YUM! Can’t wait to try these.

linda soto says:

OH these must be unreligous!!!! A sin indeed…a must try…I had to laugh at your list on your computer…sounds a bit like me!! But this one will definately be a doer!!! I want to try your strawberry syrup too..its that season again…

Zosha Huemmer says:

wow! I want those now! Duncan Hines is seriously the best cake mix around!

AlaskaMom says:

Mmmm…yes…this with MINT chips! I know there are other recipes for that sort of thing on this site, but I like the cake mix/marshmallow creme variations. Fun recipes – thanks, gals!

Asia says:

These look awesome… I don’t like peanut butter though. Would chocolate chips work well? Should I do milk choc or semi-sweet?

I would use semi-sweet or dark. The brownies are super sweet already, so you’ll want to balance it out with a less-sweet chocolate. (And how can you not like peanut butter, crazy girl??! ;)

Kim says:

This recipe comes from cooking light?! That’s hilarious! I would absolutely LOVE these, but my poor son is allergic to nuts (so sad for his peanut butter-loving mom). It would be so mean to make them. But I did see the previous comment about subbing mint or chocolate chips. I’ll have to try that. I love this site!

If I happen to get off work early on Friday, I’ll head over to Edgewood. I would to meet you two!

So I ran out to the store and got what I needed and made them and they ROCK the house! Just have to take some over to a friends house or I might have to eat the entire pan. So everyone who said they wanted to try them should definitely try them. SO GOOD!! I’m at high altitude and they came out splendidly as written, which is lovely. A keeper for sure.

Michelle says:

Oh, yay! This has truly been my go-to recipe for brownies since it was first in Cooking Light (maybe 2001?). And you’re right, these completely change taste and texture when cooled (although let’s be honest, I *always* have one right out of the oven- who can resist warm chocolate?) If you’re a blondie fan, try this recipe with a yellow cake mix and butterscotch chips, it’s A-MAZING (oops, there’s a pesky non-word again!)…

Jenn says:

I just started a strict soup diet this week, but you can bet I’ll have a pan of these made NEXT week! Thanks!

Adrienne Wright says:

Do you hate me? I saw these and gained 10 lbs. just by looking at them.

Leia says:

These looked so good, and I had all the ingredients, so I had to make them. Unfortunately I don’t see where in the directions that I should add the 1/4 cup non-fat milk. Of course I didn’t notice that I left that out until I had already baked the first layer. So my batter was extra thick. They still taste good. :)

Oh so sorry Leia! It does say it in the post when I walk through the recipe, but looks like I forgot it below! Glad they still turned out!

• Leia says:

No problem, I figured I just missed it somewhere. I’m sure next time they will taste even better!! Thanks for all the amazing recipes. My family had the asian bbq chicken with the cilantro-lime rice with pineapple for dinner tonight. It was amazing!

Marne says:

Made this for FHE treats tonight. YUMMO! My batter wasn’t very thick, though, it was more crumbly, but I didn’t notice the milk thing either so maybe that was the problem. But still turned out good! I only had to bake mine for 20 minutes and it was already a little overdone. My oven must be hot.

Are you doing book signings in Boise again? I missed you last month!

Isabela says:

This is definitely going in my gotta try it bookmark list too! Only problem is I know my husband and none of my boys will eat it so I am going to have to find someone to share it with so I don’t eat the whole thing!

Rachel says:

These look yummy! I have been a long-time reader and just ordered your cookbook with my birthday money from Amazon. Well done, girls! Also, over Memorial Day, my aunt was raving about this fantastic blog that they use all the time to get recipes from. I said, “I have one too!” Yes, we were both talking about your blog. Keep up the great work!

Abby says:

I can’t believe this recipe is from Cooking Light!! Awesome!! But I guess I still shouldn’t eat the whole pan right? :)

Lindsay says:

This sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing!

By the way, I made your banana cream pie from your cook book & posted it here–

It was absolutely delicious! Something we will be making again & again! Can’t wait to try out more recipes from the book!

Brittany C. says:

Oh my goodness. I think I just died and gone to heaven. THese look incredible!!!

Katie says:

I haven’t read all the comments, so I’m not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet. I made these tonight and realized at the end that I never used the milk. In the “print out” recipe version the milk is not included in the chocolate batter. I wondered why mine was VERY thick and dry, but you mentioned it should be thick so I figured that it was okay. Anyway, they still tasted good of course…and will probably be even better when I do it correctly. Love your blog!

Heather says:

Do you have to use non fat milk? I’m evil and only keep full fat milk in my house…would that mess these up too much?

steph says:

hey..do you have any recepies for using cake mixes to make cookies?
    mhm and i confused- after the marshmellow whip layer and then you put the second layer on is that layer the raw batter and then baked or is it baked and then added so you just sorta reheated?

Rachel says:

I think I have the same question… in the first part where you walk through the steps it looks like you’re adding bits of already-baked (or semi-baked) brownie on top, but then in the recipe it says put the raw batter on there?

This is my basic cake mix cookie recipe- and you can use any flavor and add any mix-ins:

And to answer your question (and yours too Rachel) you are putting raw brownie batter on top. Part of the batter goes on the bottom of the pan and gets baked for 10 minutes. You then put your marshmallow layer on top of that and then the rest of the uncooked brownie batter that is still left in your bowl. Make sense?

Jill says:

I made these last night for my family and they were fantastic!! I even forgot to put in the egg white but they still turned out. Thanks for the great recipe!!

Kelly H says:

Ok. I am going to make these, they look yummy. Silly question: DO you make the devils food mix, as it says on the box and add or just the mix from the box not adding everything else? Thanks. Want to make sure I do it correctly.

Lisa says:

This was published in Cooking Light some years ago and I’ve been making these ever since – they are so easy and always a hit!

Crystal says:

these look Aaahhh-MAZING! Mmmm! i cannot wait to try these out in 2 weeks for our next get-together with friends. i’m gonna be one popular gal that day…LOL! hugs y’all!

Maggie says:

Made them tonight! They are yummy and they live up to their name…”Ooey-Gooey..” Loved them with vanilla ice cream!

Nancy says:

These sound SO flipping good! Will have to make them very soon! And I am so excited to see you in Seattle. I will be in Edgewood on Friday!!!!

Julie E. says:

I will definitely be making these. YUM! They look fantastic.

I wish I hadn’t looked up the calorie count on Cooking Light.. Definitely not “diet” food at 176 calories per tiny piece (they want you to cut these into 24 pieces… REALLY? Who could do that?). I will calorie splurge on these soon. Did I already say YUM?

Denise says:

OHHHHH, MYYYYY! How I want to try these! Am trying to take off another 20 pounds right now, so they’ll have to wait, but they are DEFINITELY on my ‘list to try’ once these pounds are gone!

Tanya says:

I have a list of bookmarked recipes that I want to try, too. But when I saw this it jumped to the top of my list. They’re currently cooling in my kitchen and I can’t wait to take a bite!! And I may have put just a tad bit more than half a cup of peanut butter chips.. An additional half cup qualifies as a “tad bit” right?

Allison Brenn says:

We made these tonight and the only substitution I made was to use mint chips instead of peanut butter (we were out!). I was so bummed cause they didn’t turn out nearly as well as your version! I think my problem was my marshmallow cream. I used the generic Walmart version and it practically melted into a hard carmel…there is no resemblance to marshmallow after baking it. Anyone else have this problem? I will have to try it again in a few weeks with some of the good stuff!

Kim says:

I didn’t have the pb chips so made them without, but I also had the problem with the marshammlow cream turning into a carmel-like stuff. They were still good, but the top looked really dry.

Mandy says:

HOLY crap these look sooooooooooooooooooooooo good!! Lucky for me I popped on here before finishing my shopping list, heehee. Can anyone guess what’s for dessert this weekend? And PS- I like your “wa-lah”, much better than the french version :-)

Heather says:

i’m making these now, and my marshmallow mixture with the condensed milk is way too runny…help!

I’m wanting to make these so bad, but I’m suffering from the “diet status” right now, so I wanted to see just how much damage these would cause (especially since I noticed what you mentioned about the ingredients being relatively diet-friendly). I plugged the ingredients into the recipe calculator on the livingstrong website, and if you slice the pan up into 15 brownies they end up being about 273 calories each. Check it out: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/ooey-gooey-peanut-butter-brownies/

Also, I only just discovered this tool on that website. It was really easy to plug in all the ingredients and it does all the work of calculating everything for you! I’m going to be using this all the time now! (Or at least until I start noticing how horrible all of my favorite recipes are for my wasteline. lol)

Alanna says:

Just made these with my husband for a Friday night treat. He’s allergic to peanuts, so we substituted almond butter and they turned out AMAZING. He’s already requested them next week for Father’s Day! Thanks for this wonderful blog!!!

Yumm, yumm, yumm. I just whipped these up but because I knew one of the people eating them has some allergies I replaced the peanut butter chips with butterscotch chips. Delicious!

Jody says:

Looks amazing! Do you think it would be good with regular or german choc cake mix? OR is Devils food the way to go?! :)

Stacey Ann says:

My daughter showed me this recipe on her computer, so I now have your blog bookmarked on my computer. My daughter is coming over to my home next week to bake up a batch of these bad boys!! I will report how it went as soon as I come out of my food coma!

eva626 says:

OMG i am like DROOLING!

CCoop says:

These are great. Just made some to try out. My boys loved them and they thought smooshing the pieces for the top was great fun! Thanks for all the great recipes.

Andrea says:

Just made these and they were good but sadly not at all like yours. My marshmallow layer turned into a toffee like layer that was hard/chewy. No whiteness. Wonder what happened?? I had such high hopes for these so maybe I’ll make them again and see if I get better results.

Mel says:

I made these last night and they were amazing. My new favorite brownie! Thanks for sharing!!

Cynthia says:

I made these this weekend for our family cabin trip and they were a big hit. Fantastic recipe!

Roberta says:

Just wanted to say I love your recipes and the humor that goes along with it. I also have to add anyone correcting your grammar is missing the point of your blog! Tell them to read between the layers. : ) Thanks for sharing.

Tara says:

@Andrea – I read comments on cooking light site…. several posters said to only bake 20 minutes on 2nd baking (instead of 30 stated in recipe).

Seriously, these look amazing! I will be cooking them up for Father’s Day…thet seem like they would be right up my husband’s alley. And can I just say that I am sorry people actually send you emails correcting you. That. Is. Totally. Ridiculous! Some people obviously have way too much time on their hands! Thank you for always sharing such awesome recipes with all of us in the blogosphere. Seriously, you girls ROCK!

Nancy says:

I made these last night for a family BBQ and pool party. SOOOO good. I think next time I will cut the second bake time a few minutes but still yummy :)

I love this idea! These look yummy!

Tawny says:

So good. Definitely only need to bake 20 minutes in the second round.

Kristi D says:

so, so, so good!! i had to leave a link in my blog today. i love your recipes! thank you!

Katie says:

These look great! Too Great! I am preg. and now I am craving a yummy chocolatey peanut buttery treat that I can’t have because I don’t have the ingredients for it. UUUGGGHHH. Too bad the kids are sleeping otherwise we would be makin a run for the store. :o)

Naomi says:

These look incredible! I’m making them for a bunch of teenage boys tomorrow, so I’ll just cut out one little one for me and with any luck the rest will all be gone and not tempting me!

I am making these right now for a birthday party tonight!! I am seriously so excited! The marshmallow filling itself was amazing. I wanted to put it as a topping on ice cream!

Amanda says:

Made these tonight for Father’s Day. Used butterscotch chips (cause they fell out of the baking cabinet first)! My daughter took one look at the finished pan and declared them “Daddy’s Day Giraffe Brownies.” Very cute – thanks for all the posts.

Made these last week–so YUMMY! I was a little worried when they came out of the oven because they didn’t look much like the picture, but they were still delicious. I didn’t get the top brownie layer spread out enough, so there was more of the marshmallow exposed when they went into the oven. The marshmallow creme and peanut butter chips “melted” into the brownies and just made them extra gooey and delicious on the inside with a crispy/sugary crust on top. Gave half of the pan to a neighbor who declared them “the best brownies EVER.”

Darla Carroll says:

I made these the other night! Just as I was mixing them up some friends came over to hang out. Needless to say what a hit they were!!!! Everyone couldn’t get enough. I’m not sure how to explain the taste, it wasn’t over powered by peanut butter but more of a slight hint of PB flavor with the creamy goodness of the marshmellow creme. YUMMY!!! Thanks for sharing : )

lyn says:

Super yummy and super easy!

Melissa says:

Am I the only one who had a really hard time spreading the “batter” into the pan? Even with greased fingers I couldn’t get it to cover the bottom! I had to give myself a 10 minute time out while the first layer was cooking. It did spread out while cooking so I have renewed hope that they will turn out after all and make all the effort worth it. :)

Shauna says:

Made these today for my mom and I had to try one first of course…. THEY ARE INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!! I could eat a whole pan… okay, not really, but they are THAT good that you would WANT to eat the whole pan!! Thanks for sharing!! Can’t wait to share this with others!!

Yuri says:

These are SO GOOD!!!! And even better if you leave it in the fridge for a few hours. YUM!!!!!!!

I was so excited and then hugely disappointed. These didn’t deliver the fudgey chocoloately w/ pb taste I was looking for. I will try to adapt my own fudgey brownie receipe instead of using the cake mix and put in more pbutter chips.

Glindy says:

Sorry if this was already asked, but would these freeze okay? I’m a novice food-freezer :) It’s just me and my husband, but I get nervous halving recipes when they involve cake mixes–don’t know why!!

Angela C says:

FYI…the recipe calls for 1/4 cup of non-fat milk but it never calls for it in the instructions. Mine turned out good when they were still warm but the next day the marshmallow creme was really chewy and hard.

Mandi says:

Has anyone ever tried this with brownie mix? I didn’t read the ingredients carefully enough and picked up that instead of devil’s food cake mix.

Lauren says:

I did finally try these with graham crackers instead of peanut butter chips to see if the crackers would melt into goo. My graham crackers were a bit stale and they softened to a brownie consistency which was perfect. I broke them into quarters and spaced them out (I think I used 3 total crackers) over the marshmallow layer before I added the rest of the brownie batter. Yum! So many tasty variations for this recipe, so little room in my waistband…

Nisey says:

These are in the oven as I write ! YUM !! Does anyone have any ideas how to use up the last 1/4 c of the condensed milk? I COULD just eat it out of the can…but really, any ideas without making a whole—something?

Wow! These look fantastic! Making them today..thanks for sharing!

Maryjt says:

Just made these although I had to make a few adjustments because I was missing ingredients. No peanut butter chips so I added a glob (didn’t measure!) of peanut butter and white chocolate chips to the marshmallow creme mixture. The resulting bars are pretty yummy but I do want to make them the “right” way for comparison. Now to find some friends to share them with so I don’t eat the whole pan myself!

Heather says:

Pain in the rear to try and spread out the top brownie layer, which I wasn’t too successful at. Next time I am just going to swirl in the mallow creme/pb chips and call it a day.

Gina says:

this sounds really good but I laughed when I saw it was from Cooking Light. Light? really? Because you used lowfat milk with the cake mix, oil, sweetened cond milk, candy and marshmallow. haha

Dottie says:

I made these this weekend and they were soooo yummy! I hope you don’t mind but I put your link to this recipe on my blog to give you credit plus your pics were much better than mine… still learning. :)

Allison says:

I have been making these brownies for years and they are always a crowd pleaser. The BEST!!!

Allison says:

BTW – I always sprinkle the peanut butter chips on the marshmallow after it’s been spread for a more even distribution.

heidi says:

my son took a bite and said with love in his voice “mom, this is what happens when smores and brownies have babies”. he is a teenage boy and an eagle scout so… you know… that is the highest compliment you can get. especially when referenced with smores.

Hannah says:

I totally thought I massacred these but turns out no matter how undercooked they are, they are delicious!

katiesheets says:

OMG good for making browines for thanksgiving :)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie says:

I made this last night and they are tasty for Cooking Light. I’m wondering, though, if 10 minutes for baking the first layer is too long. I baked the first 10 minutes, then after adding the top layers, baked another 22 minutes. The only problem I had was the bottom layer got dry and overbaked. I would suggest lowering the initial 10 minute bake time maybe to 7 or 8 minutes?

yeni says:

made these tonight for a super bowl party and they were a huge hit. I baked them for 20 minutes and it was perfect. I did refrigerate the tray to expedite the cooling and hardening process and it was a big help.

Christina says:

I just made these tonight. Wow, they are so dang good. I may have over cooked mine just a tad. Very rich, only need a small slice. Thanks for the recipe

Heather says:

You totally cracked us up with your wa-lah/viola digression!

Terri E says:

Did any one else Notice this ? I just made these and it was not until they were in baking I said oh crud i forgot to add the non-fat milk some where.. I looked over and over the receipe and didnt see where it was to be added. I took it to my husband and had him read it he didnt see it.. It is listed in the ingredients but not when you make it..
    I have them cooling and they are for a retreat tomorrow i sure hope they are ok..
    Just a funny i thought i would mention in case any one else sees it..
    Did i miss something??

Thanks

Lori says:

Just made three pans, and…I’m sorry, but they are disappointing. Not a very good chocolate flavor and the marshmallow layer tastes really canned. I think I put too much batter on the bottom layer, leaving not enough for the top layer. However, they were not good enough for me to bother trying the recipe again.

Melanie says:

I pronounced it Wa-lah in my head.