Posted in General News

When Sara and I celebrated our first blogiversary back in 2009, we did this fun little moment where we each shared a few of our favorite recipes from the other person. It totally felt like one of those tribute moments during the Oscars or something (I may have some delusions of grandeur here…)

Anyway, since we’re on this whole “favorite things” kick this week, we figured we’d do it again! I’m sharing 6 of my favorite Sara recipes through the ages and she’s sharing 6 of mine! Whether they’re old favorites of yours or you’re seeing them for the first time, we hope you’ll give them the very serious consideration they deserve. The Academy thanks you. :)

We hope y’all check out some of these old (and new…shhhh!) favorites!!

Kate is so right about her #1 choice! Life. Changing.

Leslie says:

Perfect Cupcake Frosting and Filling changed my life too!! I’ve also been known to use it as cookie sandwich filling!! Thanks Kate! Yummo! Oh, and i have to thank Sara for the watermelon instructional. . .i always wondered how to cube it!

Katie says:

Hmmm, these sound awesome! I may need to bake again today – I had to bake before bed for no apparent reason other than an insane need for a good muffin for breakfast haha!

Jen K says:

As many recipes as I’ve made on this site, I’ve never made any of the ones that either of you have picked! I need to remedy that quicky!

My five faves (I obviously come here for the deserts!):
    1. Super Easy Chocolate Ganache
    2. Caramel Toffee Fruit Dip (I’ve made this at least a dozen times!)
    3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
    4. Chocolate Mousse Crunch Cake
    5. Pizzookies

And a bonus NON desert:
    Sweet and Sour Meatballs

Thanks you both for providing us with so much yummy stuff!

Clare says:

Both the chocolate and vanilla flour based frostings have changed my life. LOVE!!!

Molly Z says:

All of those things are now on my “to make” list! Some of my faves are:
    Indian spiced pork skewers (except I make them with chicken) with coconut rice
    Brazilian Lemonade
    Taco Chicken
    Flank Steak with the Fajita Marinade
    Those are just a few of my favorites, but this WHOLE WEBSITE has changed my cooking, and thus changed my life!

melanie says:

Yum, I have some new recipes to try! Some of my favorites are:
    -Chocolate drizzled strawberry pie
    -chili lime mango chicken skewers
    -mint brownies
    -creamy chicken taquitos
    -chocolate chip cookie pie
    There are so many to list I could go on forever but these are the ones I have made on several occasions and love! Thanks for all of the amazing recipes!

Christine says:

I too have not made any of the favorites listed above, but here’s my list of favorites from the Our Best Bites site (BEST BLOG EVER!):

1. Brazillian Lemonade (make all the time!)
    2. Reese’s Peanut Butter Bars (yum!)
    3. Pizzookies
    4. Everyday Cinnamon Rolls (with the icing from an airport cinnamon roll recipe)
    5. Foutisserie Chicken

Thanks for the wonderful recipes!

My top 5:
    1. Colorburst Cupcakes – huge hit at my son’s b-day party!
    2. Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
    3. Creamy Baked Chicken Taquitos
    4. Grilled Chicken Skewers
    5. Baked Potato Soup

Love you girls and your recipes!!!

Cindy Landes says:

I could not possibly pick a favorite because every single thing I have tried has been fabulous! You have awakened the sleeping dog! I pour over your cookbook searching for what to make next like a giddy school girl. I gave it to my daughter-in-laws for Christmas. I know, it didn’t even come out until March so I gave them the really cute gift certificate (thanks!) and now I am discussing recipes, over the phone, with my son in Arizona! Thank you!

Lindsey Bean says:

My husband and I love your coconut crispy chicken fingers, mango quinoa, teriyaki chicken salad and Reese’s Peanut Butter no bake bars and excited to keep trying more!

I just made Cowboy Quesadillas on Sunday for the first time. They were a big hit with my family and SO easy to make! My 2 year old gobbled them…what I did resembled more of an inhaling technique. Yum!

Cherish says:

I love your blog and have really enjoyed trying out your recipes. This says a lot because I dont actually like to cook! I’ve only tried one of your top 12 recipes… now I’ve got some ideas a new recipes to try. My most favorite recipe ever: Lime Coconut Cheesecake. The most delicious thing I’ve ever tasted. Other favorites for me are: Cheesesteak Sandwiches, Baked Scones, Chili Lime Steak Salad, and The Perfect Cupcake Frosting (I have a love hate with this last one as it is the best frosting ever and yet sometimes it doesn’t turn out for me. Sara, PLEASE do a video demo making this!). The recipe I most want to try is the Pumpkin Cheesecake. Just waiting for Fall on that one. Thanks for sharing your cooking adventures.

Becca says:

I came to this site for the Pie-in-a-Jar, but my favorites are not the sweets.
    1. Fauxtisserie Chicken (best way to make chicken EVAR!)
    2. Creamy Chicken Taquitos
    3. Grilled Pizza
    4. Chipotle Pork Tacos (and I don’t normally like pork anything)
    5. Baked Potato Soup

Katie says:

Pick a favorite? Are you kidding?! Our family lives by the Our Best Bites Bible! And doth mine eyes deceive me? Are you guys planning another cookbook? Cause I think that’s a GREAT idea?!

Cari says:

We just grilled pizza for the first time a few weeks ago. I didn’t think there was any way it would work but it totally did! Awesome when it’s so hot outside! Gotta admit the frosting changed my life too. Planning some Mango Quinoa soon, Costco has had them super cheap so I’ve got some to use up :) Thanks for all your fabulous ideas girls!!

Olivia Strout says:

So many favorites! I love your site and I’m always looking forward to what new recipe you guys are going to post that day. Of course I have your cookbook and people are always surprised that I have cooked something since I didn’t use to really cook until I discovered your website and bought your cookbook. Thank You!
    1. Creamy Chicken Taquitos
    2. Tortellini Soup
    3. Chili Con Queso
    4. Yummy Breadsticks
    5. Homemade Pizza on the Grill or Oven

Anne says:

Just made the blueberry struesel muffins…YUM. The lemon zest is such a great ingredient and not one I would have thought of using in something like this! I used half all-purpose flour and half whole-wheat, and also omitted the oil and added 1/2 cup of yellow squash puree instead (yep, I hide veggies in my kid’s food and I am NOT ashamed!). They turned out SO good! Thanks!

Kim says:

SOOO excited to learn that your 2nd cookbook is in the works!!

Since we’re posting our favorites…. ;o)

1. Spicy Honey Chicken
    2. Creamy Baked Chicken Taquitos
    3. Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
    4. Cheddar Broccali Soup(from the book!)
    5. Caramel Corn (and the Monster Munch is always a HUGE hit!)

I must try the World’s Best Dinner Rolls and Perfect Cupcake Frosting and Filling. :o)

Marcie says:

Ooh. Grilled pizza has changed our lives, too. Those chicken and veggie skewers look wonderful too, I need to make those! I’ve been wanting more oven-free recipes, it’s at the point in the summer when I almost refuse to turn on the oven at dinnertime (even with AC). :)

It was so fun meeting you both in Rexburg. I’m the one you said looks like a friend of yours…Kara I think you said? :)

Nicole says:

Every time I make something now people ask me if it’s from Our Best Bites, and it always is! I have loved everything I have ever made from here, but the absolute favorite in our house has to be the Slow-cooker French Dips! Those and the sweet potato fries happen almost weekly in our house! You guys are so amazing!

Bethany says:

I too make your recipes all of the time. It is my favorite recipe source. I can’t wait to try some of your favorites too.

Katie says:

Ok, so that pizza does look life changing!! I can’t wait to try it!!

connie Miles says:

Just had to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog! I don’t cook but I do read recipes (yours) and buy cookbooks (yours) and I do drool over the food pics you have on your blog. I also email your posts to my kids (those who learned to cook out of sheer survival and who now LOVE it) and tell them which recipes I want them to make for me – like that scrumptious chocolate cake with chocolate fudge frosting you posted a month or two ago. I told them I want that for my birthday in August. (We’ll see which one loves me the most. Hopefully there will be at least one!!) Anyway – I love your blog and your humor – it’s pure joy and entertainment!

Heidi says:

Agreed that the blueberry muffins and the pizza are life changing. Every single time I make either I get accolades from my family. One day when I didn’t have fresh buttermilk, I used buttermilk powder stirred in to the flour, and regular milk for the liquid. Worked great and I didn’t notice a difference in texture.

Virginia Dolan says:

I just recently fell in love with cooking. Getting a year supply of food and trying to make it exciting and edible has gotten me very excited to learn to make lots of fun and healthy foods. I would love you book.

Sarah Bingham says:

The spaghetti and meatballs was a deal changer in my house. I will no longer buy bottled sauce when I can make it cheaper and it tastes better! I add mushrooms or squash or any other veggies in season to change it up from time to time. My husband doesn’t really like spaghetti, but he will eat this, as long as I make extra meatballs just for him! It makes so much I can freeze it in mason jars, and on nights when I don’t have a lot of time, it is like opening a can of Ragu, just A LOT better. Thanks so much!

Elaine says:

As much as I love sweets, I’m proud to say that three of my favorite recipes from your website are main dishes. It’s so nice to get out of the rut of making the same dinner menus year after year!
    Spicy Honey Chicken Thighs
    Creamy Chicken Taquitos
    Brazilian Lemonade
    Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
    Buttermilk Syrup

Heidi says:

I love the grilled pizza too!!! I tell people about it all the time and they are so surprised. I am so glad to see your top picks. I have made many a thing from your site, but a lot of those recipes up there I have never tried. I’ll have to get cracking! Thank you both for all you do to inspire me in the kitchen!

Beth says:

yeah, that watermelon tutorial is amazing and after you cut up that first watermelon you think duh…brilliant! =D

Carissa says:

I’m SO jazzed about this–I’m semi-new to your blog but I already love it, and I had been wondering what recipes to try out. It’s perfect timing that you pointed out your favorites–seeing the recipes you picked (and how absolutely amazing they look) makes me want to try all of them at once!!

Janine says:

World’s Best Dinner Rolls!!! And your site is the best ever…

Kira says:

Favorites? I have tons!

Quinoa Mango Salad (I could live off this!)
    Spicy Honey Chicken
    Italian Turkey Soup(I almost do live off this in the winter)
    Grilled tomato/Corn Salsa
    Quick and Easy Black Beans
    Sweet Potato Fries and sauce

I had never used lime or cilantro before I started cooking from your blog. It’s so fun to add completely new flavors to my family’s meals. Thanks for all the delicious meals! (And I love your cookbook, I’m so glad there are pictures of every recipe.)

Lyndsey says:

I now want to make all of these recipes!

Amy says:

I’ve had a few of these recipes: the muffins (I TOTALLY AGREE, in fact my husband and I tell all our friend that they are the best we’ve ever had!), and the frosting. So thanks for the dinner menu for next week! we’re going to try the spagetti and meatballs, veggie skewers, brushchetta, and cowboy quesadillas, and probably the pizza (but we have an indoor grill). Thanks!

Jennifer Ray says:

Can’t wait to try ALL of them! Just found you two a few weeks ago and LOVE your blog! So made me want to cook and enjoy it. When I read the How to cut a Watermelon, I got one the next day too! It worked! AMAZING!!! I then froze the cute little squares and am now using them to make Watermelon frosties for a cool treat during the heat! thanks girls… now it is cooking time..

meredith says:

I think those are my favorite Kate Recipes too!! But of course I also love the thai peanut noodle salad, grilled fish tacos, teriyaki chicken skewers and recently trying out all your ice cream recipes … yum. yum. yum. So glad you girls taught me how to cook :-)

Stephanie says:

I made the spaghetti and meatballs last night, (froze half) delicious… they really are the best meatballs I have ever had. I believe this will be a goto recipe for me for many family functions and potlucks. Yummy is all I have to say!

angela says:

My 5:
    1) Candied walnut salad + dressing/ southwest chipotle salad + dressing are tied for the best salads EVER. And I love the Greek dressing also.
    2)Thai peanut noodles. My husband is a park ranger and this is his favorite meal for the trail. . . odd?
    3) Mango Quinoa salad. Love it. I use brown rice when I don’t have Quinoa and it is delish.
    4) broiled Brussels sprouts– I thought I hated them until I tried ya’lls.
    5) Whole Wheat pancake recipe

TaraLynn says:

My number one favorite and go-to recipe is the flour tortillas…I will NEVER buy tortillas again-and haven’t since I found your recipe!
    Then, in no particular order because they are ALL amazing:
    Worlds Best Rolls
    Pizza tutorial
    Colorburst Cupcakes
    Streusal Topped Coffee Cake
    Oven Steak Fries
    Hmmm…I guess I really like bread… :)

Emily Cannon says:

Those were some of the ones on my list to make in the near future. It will help to have a new husband to cook for. My current favorites are:
    Thai peanut noodles (I even blogged about it-and gave you credit for sure)
    Terijaki chicken skewers
    Italian turkey soup, and
    Fruit salsa with cinnamon chips

Brittany says:

I’ve tried a ton of your wonderful recipes but some of your favorites I haven’t tried. I really need to get on that!

stacey says:

just made the blueberry streusel muffins, and i’ve never made a muffin with such beautiful batter consistency! i’m letting them cool as we speak before i take a bite. thanks for sharing all your fantastic recipes!!

Wendy Talbot says:

This blog has totally changed my life! You have brought joy and excitement back to my kitchen. I make your recipes all the time, especially when I need to impress:) The recipes that always get accolades:
    1. cilantro-lime ranch dressing
    2. the flour based frosting
    3. black beans
    4. thai peanut noodles
    5. buttermilk whole wheat pancakes.
    I could go on and on! Love you ladies!

Hannah says:

I’m so glad that you posted your favorites. I’ve really enjoyed the recipes that I’ve tried from your site, but I haven’t tried any of these yet. They will be going down on my next menu.

stacie says:

I’m hosting a pizza party Friday night and want to use your dough recipe. Every link I’ve tried is broken. Is it the same recipe as the breadsticks? Please help!

Liz says:

I made the Mango Quinoa Salad (I added some store bought roasted chicken to mine) for a RS potluck last night and it got rave reviews! Thanks for a delicious healthy recipe.

BekkiP says:

I just have to say that the cutting of the watermelon is the best! I LOVE watermelon. My husband knows if he doesn’t eat it the day I buy it then he will not get any. When I read the tutorial it totally changed my life (I know dramatic but I serious eat A LOT of watermelon) and saved me a lot of time. In the summer we have at least 1 watermelon a week if not more. It used to take me 45 minutes to an hour to cut it & now I can get it done in less than 20 mins! I love a lot of your recipes but this is by far my favorite! Thanks!!!

Erica L says:

Southwest Stuffed Bell Peppers are the best ever! Love them! I already have 2 amazing blueberry muffin recipes but I guess I can try one more! Thanks for the great recipes!