What? It’s July 15th? I think I heard rumors that there’s some kind of movie about a boy wizard or something. No, seriously, my Facebook and Google Reader feeds are full of evidence that the blogosphere is aflutter with Harry Potter recipes and party ideas.

In case you haven’t guessed, Peach Shakes are not a Harry Potter recipe.

I just can’t do it, you guys. If I do a Harry Potter party or even a recipe, then I have to come to terms with the fact that it’s over.

I got this in my mailbox a couple of weeks ago:

and I burst into tears. Not kidding. Not only does that picture of Daniel Radcliffe make me feel unbelievably old, but this is the end of an era for me–the first two books came out while I was in high school, the third my freshman year of college. When the fourth book came out, I laid on the grass outside my student apartment and read like a big nerd while everyone else played volleyball. When the fifth book came out, I’d been married for 2 years and laid on the same lawn while my husband and his brothers went swimming. I was a new mom when the sixth book was published and read it at the same apartment, willing my then-six-month-old (now-six-year-old) baby to sleep just a little bit longer so I could get through another chapter. And when the seventh book was published, I had another brand-new baby and my husband and I found ourselves on our way out of the same apartment, recently unemployed and terrified and broken-hearted. But we had Harry Potter and that somehow made the situation a little more bearable. While I was sad the books were coming to an end, I knew we had more movies before it was over.

But now it’s over.

I finally sucked it up and bought tickets to the movie yesterday afternoon and then I cried some more. I think I thought if I just didn’t buy them, it wouldn’t have to end. So funny that things don’t work that way, right?

It’s like I’m packing up all those memories: talking about them in passing during high school English classes, waiting in line for the first movie as a brand-new newlywed, the realization that Sirius Black was a good guy, re-reading again late, late, laaaaaaaaaate into the night, seeing pre-Twilight Edward for the first time, running into a crowded movie theater full of Incredible Hulk fans to find my brother-in-law Peter thumbing through the fifth book to see who died at the end and yelling, “Oh, Peter, NO!”, writing my senior thesis paper in college on Harry Potter coming of age as the epic hero, snuggling a sleeping baby and giggling when Harry and Ginny kissed for the first time, my heart breaking again and again at the end of the seventh book, watching my kids fall in love with the stories. Gah. This is why I didn’t post a Harry Potter recipe today.

So instead, we get Peach Shakes. And I don’t even feel like I can talk about them except that they are simple and perfect and a delicious way to use up your ripe summer peaches–if you’ve got a lawn you can lie down on without being eaten alive by fire ants, go read Harry Potter in the grass for me while sipping on one of these.

You’ll need really good vanilla ice cream (leave it on the counter for about 10 minutes to soften up a bit), fresh peaches (don’t forget to peel them first), a few tablespoons of freshly squeezed orange juice, and a few tablespoons of sugar (this is mostly to taste–some peaches will be sweet enough that you won’t need the sugar).

Combine the ingredients in the jar of your blender (liquid first, ice cream last) or in an immersion blender-friendly container. Then just blend until smooth! If you’re using a fancy blender like a Blendtec of Vitamix, you’re not going to have any problem with this mixing up, but if you’re using a regular blender, you might have to get the ice cream a bit softer and use a plunger or scraper to make sure everything gets properly “shaken.” You might need to add a little more sugar or orange juice to sweeten or thin it out a little (or both). Pour into 2-4 glasses and serve immediately.

If you are looking for some awesome Harry Potter treat ideas, here are a few of my favorites from around the web! Just click on the pictures to see the recipes!

First, we have Butterbeer Cupcakes from Cook Like a Champion.

If you don’t want to use Schnapps, I’d bet a tree full of Bowtruckles that you could just use a little more butterscotch sauce.

From our girl Bridget at Bake at 350 (who never ceases to amaze me), we’ve got these Butterbeer Cookies (noticing a pattern here? Butterbeer may be my saving grace during this very difficult time). Aren’t they gorgeous??

Heck, let’s just go for straight Butterbeer–head over to Delightful Delicacies for a virgin Butterbeer recipe appropriate for teetotalers and underage Wizards everywhere.

I actually had a really hard time finding anything that wasn’t Butterbeer themed. One of our readers pointed out these gorgeous pumpkin pasties from Ezra Pound Cake (Word to the wise: Googling “pumpkin pasties” will only make you believe that there are people with some very strange fetishes out there!):

When I headed over there, I discovered all sorts of Harry Potter goodies. These chocolate frogs are perfect!!

Be sure to check out her whole Harry Potter dessert menu here!

Finally, be sure to check out these adorable Golden Snitch Cake Pops from Beantown Baker:

If you’re not a Harry Potter fan and you’ve made it this far, I appreciate you humoring me and my sentimental walk down Diagon Alley. If you are a fan, I hope your goodbyes are not nearly as dramatic as mine apparently are. I know it’s been said all around the world, but thanks again, Harry.

I love that you used Blue Bell ice cream for your shakes–it’s the best! Have you ever taken the factory tour?

Elisabeth says:

Love it! I can’t blame you for not wanting to post anything HP. I can’t believe its ending either. I cried after reading the 7th book when I realized it was all over and I think I might cry after watching this final movie and realizing its REALLY over. Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart.
    I’ll definitely try out these peach shakes. I LOVE peaches!!! We lived in Texas one summer and loved Blue Bell ice cream! I’m still looking for something just as delicious out here in CA.

Nic says:

GREAT post! FYI: Rebecca at Ezra Pound Cake just made Pumpkin Pasties (plus a whole lotta other HP themed stuff): http://www.ezrapoundcake.com/archives/15225

dbelle says:

Amazing post. I wish I remembered where I was when I read each book like you did. Such a nostalgic story! love it. thanks.

I totally understand what you’re saying about the sadness of that cover and all that goes with it. I am 34 and read the first three books on my honeymoon 12 years ago. So much has happened in my life since that time – babies born and nursed, people have passed away – and as anxious as I am to see the final movie, I am also a little sad about it. Because it means there is no more HP to look forward to! That boy has meant so much to me, and his message is summed perfectly by the EW writer (Lisa Schwarzbaum) who reviewed the film: “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows — Part 2 leaves us with the dawning, awesome recognition that the world is huge, fraught, enigmatic, magical, dangerous, delightful, and, ultimately, the responsibility of young people who must first find their own footing. That’s quite an accomplishment for a story about a boy with a wand.”

what a great post…HOWEVER, I think it’s really mean how you flaunt your Blue Bell. It’s really not nice.
    I am from Texas where Blue Bell is EVERYWHERE, so when I moved up to NJ and I realized they didn’t sell it up here it was a sad, sad day.

BUT I will forgive you because this shake looks so yummy :)

Shelly, if you really need your fix, go hit up Outback–you can buy cartons of it there! :) Just be sure to knock on the back door wearing a hoodie and some sunglasses so they know what you’re there for. At least that’s how it all goes down in my imagination… :)

Pup Fan says:

I felt the same way! I didn’t want to buy my tickets or make a plan to see the movie because that would mean it was over. I also finally caved in… I’m seeing it tomorrow. We can mourn together!

Cynthia Stuckey says:

Oh, how I LOVED this post… and the fact that my in laws are coming in town just so the man I love (who happens to be the one who introduced me to Harry Potter) and I can go to the movie tonight! YAY!

Shauna says:

I finally realized not too long ago that you are the same Kate that was my apartment manager when I lived in Monticello. I won’t feel bad if you don’t remember me, so don’t worry. I was Stacey Jensen’s roommate if that helps, but seriously no worries if you have no memory of me whatsoever! As I read about you reading the books on the lawn at those apartments, I couldn’t help but smile because that’s where I read the sixth book as well! Anyway, I just wanted to tell you I love love love this blog of yours! You girls are the best!

Delina says:

I went and watched the 7th movie last night- and I cried…. it was hard for me because I have grown up with those books! (My grandmother gave me the first three for my 12 birthday!) I became the Harry Potter Mega fan during my teens and now I have a 3 year old and 11 month old and have been married for 4 1/2 years! So many memories tied to one series!!! I hope you enjoy the movie- as a BIG fan of the books- I was NOT disappointed!!

Kandice says:

I’ve loved your blog for quite awhile now, and have made many of the recipes, referred you to all of my friends, etc, etc. But now, knowing your obsession with Harry Potter…well, I love you EVEN MORE! :-) At least I’m not the only female adult with three kids (who is NOT a psycho) who loves a series all about a bunch of teenagers! :-) And the movie was fantastic. I bawled. Like a baby. And wore Harry Potter 3D glasses (my sister had to convince me to do that one). :-) Can’t wait to try the peach shakes!

mjfluke says:

After a brief amount of weeping and wailing over HP I will tell you I love peaches and cream so this shake should totally help soothe the sense of loss all Harry Potter lovers will feel at this momentous time.

Tracie Gooley says:

I love this reflection on Harry potter reading memories! Thanks for sharing it :)

Annie says:

Ok I’m sure this shake is the bomb.. and I cannot wait to try it.. BUT your tease led me to believe we were getting peach pie recipe.. or cobbler.. and well .. that was really sounding good :( (Yes I know you have a pie recipe.. but this would be peach!) ;)

I LOVE your recipes – its my go to blog / book anytime i need to make ANYTHING and you NEVER disappoint. Others around me are catching on.. you’ve started quite the thing you two!

Melissa says:

i’ve lived in many states from Hawaii to Massachusetts and I have yet to find ice cream that is as good or better than Blue Bell!

Leslie says:

I understand how you feel, truly! The first book came out when I was 12. I feel like these books, and then movies are very much a part of my life! Don’t feel bad for being sentimental!

Leslie says:

I just read through all the other comments, I’m from and live in Southeast Texas.. . I had no idea Blue Bell wasn’t everywhere. People actually say “Go get some Blue Bell” and not “ice cream”. . . .however, I’ve always been a big Ben&Jerry’s fan.

Elaine says:

I feel the same way about Harry Potter! It’s like closing the lid on all of the memories I have associated with the books. I read the first three my first year of college and saw the first two movies then. I actually went and saw the second movie with a professor at the University of Virginia (where I went), because we were reading the books in class. It’s so bittersweet–I thought the movie was great, but I didn’t want everything to end!

Carie says:

The shakes look fantastic, but I too am caught up on the Blue Bell! I also lived in Texas for a year and fell in LOVE with Blue Bell ice cream. I am now back in CA and nothing compares! When you say Outback do you mean the steakhouse? They will sell it to you??? PLEASE tell me more:)

Yep!!! Outback steakhouse. I’ve never actually tried it because I can get it at the grocery store (and while I like their vanilla a lot, I looooooooove the Blackberry Cobbler, Banana Split, Cookies and Cream, and Butter Crunch, so I might as well get those…), I’ve never tried it.

Melody says:

You gave me quite a scare with this post, Kate. At first I thought you were one of those muggles who is a big grouch about the whole HP thing and that you were posting a non-related recipe in protest. It just didn’t seem like you! I thought I would have to stop reading your blog in protest, and that was unbearable! But then when I read “If I do a Harry Potter party or even a recipe, then I have to come to terms with the fact that it’s over,” I breathed a huge sigh of relief and thoroughly enjoyed your walk down Diagon Alley. What a great tribute. I’m the same way– I remember what my life was like when I read each of the books,and it’s so VERY sad to see it really come to an end. I keep telling myself that one day I’ll make it to the Harry Potter theme park so there’s still that to look forward to. :) Thanks for a great post AND recipe today!

Nichole says:

so funny…as melody above me wrote, i began reading this thinking you were an HP basher…so glad you proved to be the total opposite!! i’m 51 and not so emotionally tied to the series as you and my daughter (her blog to prove it..http://girlandgiraffe.tumblr.com/post/7293250474), but i have read all the books and seen every movie except the one that premiered today at 12:01! thanks for the sweet blog that chronicles where you were, physically and emotionally, while reading each book. i love that type of passion! OBB recipes are amazing and i’ve made MANY of them, share them with all my friends and generally sing OBB’s praises to any one who will listen!!

marie says:

where o where did you find Blue Bell ice cream?!!! I’m originally from Texas but now live in Utah and oh so miss my BB ice cream.

Kate C. says:

Why did you have to post a picture of Bluebell??

I lived in Texas for several years and miss it terribly!

I laughed and got all teary-eyed reading your post about Harry. I haven’t bought tickets yet…I’m not quite ready. Plus I want the crowds to thin out, so I can sob in peace. I’m pretty sure I’m going to embarrass my 12-year-old. ;)

Love the shakes! Blue Bell plus peaches…that’s a perfect Southern recipe! And thanks so much for giving the cookies a shout-out! :)

Nicole Peck says:

I was actually reading your post getting sad that you wouldn’t have any Harry Potter recipes! So glad you had some links. ;) I didn’t read ANY of the books until the 5th one came out and then I devoured them all in a month then had to wait for the other 2 to come out. I will confess I haven’t seen a single one of the movies in the theater. I waited until they came out on DVD. I may have to break down and go see this one in the theater though. Oh yeah, you posted about peaches – I’ll have to try your peach shakes!!! ;)

Jenn says:

Seeing Bluebell ice cream in this post just about made my heart break. I no longer live in Bluebell country and nothing else compares!!!

Laura says:

Long-time reader, first-time commenter. Apparently the combo of Blue Bell and HP is too good to resist. I too love Blue Bell and am no longer in Blue Bell country, sniff. And I’ve also gone through the same kind of “no it can’t be ending” Harry Potter withdrawal. I’ve never been as big a fan of the movies as the books, but I’m still avoiding seeing the last one (ok, avoiding until Sunday night, I think) because apparently I think if I don’t see it, it’s not over. Tons of logic in that thought, right?!

Jenne says:

Loved the post! So sad it is coming to an end. Maybe we need to put together a Harry Potter Food Festival. That would be very cool. I have a Pumpkin Pasties recipe that I have developed over the last 10 years. I think it is finally perfect for the ending. http://mooshujenne.com/?p=162 Enjoy!

Sandy says:

I, too, will miss Harry. Our kids have practically grown up with him. So glad you are a fan as well.

Thanks for the peach shake recipe and the HP food sites! I shall check those out!

Breck says:

ok…I guess I will try me some bluebell Ice Cream. I live in AZ and we have it in our stores. It must be A-mazing…will be watching harry potter soon..I’m a fan and can’t wait..

Breck, it is seriously so good. I recommend Butter Crunch (all-time fave), Blackberry Cobbler, Banana Split (hubby’s all-time fave), Snickerdoodle (if they have it–they rotate different flavors throughout the year). Banana pudding is a huge fan favorite and I really like it, but the flavor’s a little one-note for me (whipped cream, ice cream, vanilla cookies, banana). And for some reason, their Cookies and Cream is unbelievably awesome.

Mel says:

I am so glad i’m not the only one!!!!! I love Harry Potter with a fiery passion and I am so sad the movies are over. These peach shakes look delicious…can’t wait to try them. Maybe they will mend my broken heart :)

Rachel says:

I went to the midnight showing and started crying when the credits started rolling at the end. I got the first book when I was 10 and was 17 when the seventh book came out. This movie marks the end of my childhood, and I’m not ready!!

I read the first book the year I was going into high school and just, JUST an hour ago finished reading the last book– the book I bought four years ago, the same time I was VERY pregnant with my first babe! I’m definitely filled with nostalgia and greatness of the series! Cannot wait to see the movie!

Erin says:

Hear hear. I will miss Harry tremendously. Every time I finish the series I feel like I have lost my best friends. I am going to be a wreck when I go to the movie tomorrow. I’m glad I am not alone in feeling what you have described. Long Live Harry!

Kelsey says:

I somewhat feel that I am in the same situation. I started reading these in 8th grade. Now with two babies and married – I can not believer this is the end. I just wish all you fun Harry Potter people lived close so we could have a totally awesome and nerdy Harry Potter party! LOL!

Janell says:

This post cracked me up! I remember reading Harry Potter for the first time in 6th grade. First one in my family, I take pride in that.

Carrabba’s Italian Grill also uses the Blue Bell ice cream. Carrabbas and Outback are owned by the same company. So I’m betting anywhere you can find the restaurants that are owned by that company, you’d be able to find the Blue Bell ice cream!

I’m right there with you! I miss Harry already (and I have yet to see the final film). I’m trying to make the whole HP last a little longer – and have less people in the movie theatre hear me get all sentimental. ;)

I did give in and write a big ode to Harry Potter post on my blog yesterday. I couldn’t help myself. It was supposed to be just a little ‘bye Harry!’ thang but quickly snowballed into a much bigger post. I loved strolling down Diagon Alley with you. Now I have the urge to re-read the whole series again – which is a very good thing. :)

Btw – your peach shakes look amazing! Will give them a try if I can get my ancient second-hand blender to do the dirty work. Thanks!

Andrea says:

Ahhh, I know! I’m bummed. I have so many memories associated with Harry Potter, too. I was in the middle of the Goblet of Fire when I went into labor with my oldest child, so my husband brought the book to the hospital to read aloud to me while I was in labor (in between contractions!). We set it aside, of course, during the actual birth:). And now, ten years later, that child has experienced all the HP books for herself.

These recipes all look so great, and I’m glad you shared the peach shake recipe as well. That sounds like the perfect treat for a summer evening.

Great post!

Peggy says:

You know I have never read a Harry Potter book or even seen any of the movies… I’m bad that way. I hate to wait between books in a series so I have a tendency to wait until the whole thing is out and read it in its entirety. Thats what I did with Twilight but then I broke down and watched the first 3 movies which was the biggest mistake… because it is driving me crazy waiting for the final movie.

Okay now the BIG question…. how true to the books are the movies? This next week is going to be a Harry Potter movie-a-thon at our house so that we can go see the final movie while its still in theatres. Thanks!!

Okay. Here’s my two cents and take it for what it’s worth.

1) If you’re planning on reading the books at all, hurry and read them now, before you watch the movies. The books just have a way of getting into your heart and they make the movies that much more meaningful. They go by quickly, especially the first few (even the last ones, some of which come close to 1,000 pages, can be read in a couple of days). Or you can read a book, watch a movie, read a book, watch a movie, etc.

2) The first two movies are fun, but they almost stay *too* true to the books. The third movie was definitely a departure from the original feel of the movies (new director) and while it’s not my favorite, it was probably necessary to make the break from the first two movies to kind of lay the groundwork for the darkness of the later movies. The fourth movie is my least favorite–it was a long book and they tried to cram too much into the movie while leaving out other stuff I felt was important. The 5-7th movies were directed by the same guy and I feel like they’re definitely the best movies. He strikes a good balance of keeping the essential stuff from the books while sometimes changing things a little for storytelling purposes in a way that works.

I hope you love them! Keep us posted!

Pam says:

What an awesome summer delight! I’m no Harry Potter fan (sorry), but definitely gonna be a fan of gthis shake@!

Danielle Churchill says:

This post made me want to cry for two reasons. Harry Potter has always been ‘the other man’ in my husband and I’s relationship. The 6th book came out while we were dating and I was so excited when he had to stay late in the Math Lab so I could read all night long and not feel guilty for bailing on him for a book.
    Second, you have Blue Bell Ice cream in that post. If I weren’t flying home to Texas in 2 days to get a heck of a lot of it, tears would be streaming down my face.

Danielle Churchill says:

I guess I should’ve read other comments first, but I read the 6th outside my student apartment where I was the apartment manager as well– Roman Gardens. I totally agree, if you want to sell your soul, manage apartments! eek.

• Ha! We managed from 2004-2007 and even though things got significantly more stressful financially after we were done, every other area of our lives was a million times better! We should totally form a former BYU-approved housing manager support group, lol!

Mari Heward says:

I’m with you Kate, I can’t believe it’s over. Josh and I read the first book the summer after we were married and ended up reading all the books together (except the 4th which I read first and didn’t tell him until months later). Josh doesn’t love the movies like I do. In fact, after the first one he said, “there’s no way they will make all 7 movies”. I was a believer all along. I’m sad we didn’t hang out more in Provo. I love reading your blog and I can hear you talking the entire time. You are so creative!

I love peaches and love vanilla ice cream. can’t wait to try these.

Amanda says:

I made pumpkin pasties last time around–and when I announced it on facebook, my (now former) sister-in-law commented, “Don’t you mean pastRies?” Apparently, she hadn’t ever read HP. ;)

Rivki Locker says:

Beautiful recipe. Think of this as a new beginning. Now you can read and watch all the Harry Potters a second (and third, and fourth) time. My kids have read the books many, many times. My oldest daughter – 12 – has read the 7 books a combined total of… 28 times!!! And she says she isn’t finished.

I’m the same way as you, so sad that Harry Potter is done. I honestly can’t believe it. As someone who can say that Harry Potter really was my childhood, started reading the books at 6 or 7 and now here I am at 18, and it’s all over. I like you, wrote a post on my blog about the end of Harry Potter, just something I felt I needed to do! Loved your tribute! :)

Brittany says:

Are you pregnant? I’m kidding! But, speaking of pregnant, I was pregnant and on bed rest when you introduced me to Harry Potter! Love you!

Marcie says:

These look divine! There is something so summery about fresh peaches.. I LOVE Harry Potter! In fact, when I think back to an epically awkward date, I remember with even MORE distaste that the half-day date took me away from reading the book! The nerve… haha

Marissa says:

My mom text me like three times last friday telling me I needed to read this post because you were my soulmate. I was pleased to say she was right :) totally on board with you! and i pretty much haven’t made anything not from you guys in forever…love, love.

Kristin P says:

This post made me cry. :( Especially when you spoke of lying in your yard and reading. It’s amazing how we can remember exactly where we were and what we were doing while spending all that time with Harry, Ron, Hermoine and the others. I remember hiding the second book under my seat during choir so I could squeeze in some reading while the other parts were practicing. I can remember reading the fifth book in my car on my lunch break, because I knew if I went into the break room, people would not let me read. Thank you for sharing your memories with us.

Patti says:

Kate- Thanks for posting this at the perfect moment. My daughter is leaving to return to Ohio tomorrow and for her last meal tonight we’re making the turkey burgers but she wanted shakes for dessert, but wanted something peach-y (we only ever make strawberry shakes around here). So you have solved the dilemma perfectly! You rock- of course! Now I’m off to see if there’s any Blue Bell to be found in Utah. I think we only have Blue Bunny, which of course is certainly not the same thing.

Michelle says:

Soooo, did the tears come *way* too easily for you during the movie like they did for me? I started crying about 15 minutes in, and didn’t stop until, well, I could probably shed a tear or two right now. You’re not the only one, sister, not the only one…

Michelle says:

PS…I read the 7th book in a fishing boat while my husband and little boy fished, and for some reason I *always* think that Snape’s memory includes fishing with Lily!

Andrea says:

I feel old when I read your posts…mostly because I planned a HP party for my now 21 year old son who is on his way overseas in 4 days. I should make him some treats for the international flight! Fun FUN Post!

Virginia Dolan says:

Huge Harry Potter fan. My kids make fun of me taking them to the midnight show. having them wear Harry Potter glasses to attend the movie….but I know they like it and have to complain to feel cool.

I have lots of peaches. Can’t wait to try the smoothie.

Brooke says:

You know, Kate, I’ve been telling myself for a long time that I love your blog here. And don’t get me wrong, I do. But, now that I’ve seen that you take HP far too seriously like I do, there is no doubt in my mind. In food, and in books, you’ve got great taste. :P

Alyssa says:

Thank you thank you thank you for making me feel less goober about being so emotional about Harry Potter being officially “over.” I always feel slightly embarrassed that I’m a 25 year old mother who’s still obsessed with HP but I, like you it seems, found more than an exciting novel but a really fascinating book from a literary standpoint as well (English Major Geek Alert!) I wrote my English Capstone final paper on Rowling’s use of food as a symbol for nurturing (or lack thereof) in Harry Potter. (The capstone course was “Food in Literature”)

Anyways, I related to this post and Bluebell ice cream rocks!

Julie Baird says:

I am crying along with you! Thanks for the post!

Kari R. says:

Oh my, thank you for that post. I’m reliving the end of the series by making costumes for each of my family members. I told my husband he could pick Snape (my favorite) or Sirius (my second favorite) and I would be Bellatrix. And my kids have picked characters themselves. And I’m doing this for Halloween because I’m not a sewer and it will take me three months to get my sewing act together.

We are Harry Potter nerds at our house.

Marissa M. says:

I just read this post and fell even more in love with your blog. I’ve been trying for the past year to convince my boyfriend to read the series so he too can experience the wonderment that is HP. Any suggestions?
    At the moment, all I can think of is bribing him with delicious peach shakes. :)

Becca B says:

I’m finally catching up with my reading on my google reader and I LOVE this post! We went and saw the midnight showing and (even though I’m an adult) I skipped almost every time we moved forward in the line a little. I cried the last 100 pages of the book for 2 reasons: It was over AND I couldn’t believe how geniusly everything was wrapped together–who would have thought a line FROM THE FIRST BOOK such as “The wand picks the wizard” would be such an IMPORTANT part of the end? Oh my land, it’s BRIL. Thanks for posting this.