Some people assume that since Kate and I do this whole food blogging thing, our holiday kitchen gift-giving is amazing and extravagant. Oh, how not true that is.  Well, I can’t speak for Kate; she could very possibly be constructing miniature hand crafted gingerbread houses for all of her friends and neighbors, but I keep it simple.  We’re just like most of you; with really great intentions, and sometimes the fulfillment of those intentions,  but still often a last minute scramble trying to catch up!  A couple of Christmases ago my friend Tricia brought over a big chocolate bar with this poem attached and it cracked me up:

Bells on our telephone ring,
The machine will take the call,
We have no time for family or friends,
It drives us up the wall.

How are you? How’s your life?
We really want to know.
Hope you’re ready for Christmas,
Now maybe it will snow.

A day or two ago,
We thought we’d make a treat,
For all our special friends–
A Christmas Gift to eat!

Our intentions were top notch,
But our schedules would not budge,
Hence, here’s this year’s version of homemade
CHRISTMAS FUDGE!

I quickly filed away the idea (like, in my brain file, not an actual file;  I’m not that organized…) because I knew it would come in handy one day!

photo by tomkat sudio

Kim at The TomKat Studio, who made these cute tin can treats labels, and these adorable “Reindeer Food” tags, whipped these up for us too.  Thanks Kim!  I love her style; make sure to go visit her blog for lots of other fun printables!

These labels are sized for the *big* chocolate bars, like Symphony (mmm…) or my personal fave, Hershy’s Special Dark:

You can peel off the outside labels that come on them, or leave them on and cover it up.  All  you need besides chocolate bars is a piece of scotch tape and the oh-so-cute labels.

Just wrap and tape.  As my six year old would say, “easy peasy lemon squeezy.”  Kim even included a cute little spot to personalize them!

Grab a few candy bars and keep these stashed in your house/car/purse for the next few days.  I can’t tell you how many times the week before Christmas I think, “Doh!  I wish I had something for that person…”

Well now you can be all ready!  I think easy stuff like this is especially great for mail carriers, garbage men, delivery people, etc.  When I was growing up, my Mom always gave a little something to all of them and I thought it was so thoughtful.  She truly thought of everyone, and found a token-often a simple one, to express her gratitude.

Thanks so much Kim of The TomKat Studio for another darling Printable!  Click the link below to download and print from your home computer!

Red Stripe Candy Bar Wrapper
Green Stripe Candy Bar Wrapper

And come back tomorrow for a recipe!  Yep, real food.  The kind you can eat.  And guess what?  There’s no sugar in the ingredient list!  I know, it’s a Christmas miracle.  There is however a vat of oil for frying, but c’mon, we’re celebrating this week.  You can make up for the calories in January when we do an entire month of healthy recipes, okay?!

Kit says:

That is so cool and adorable. But do I have to give it away?

Amberly says:

I LOVE this idea!

Ok I have to ask… where did you find your ADORABLE ribbon?

Oh my goodness, thank you for sharing this wonderful idea! Like most, I start out with wonderful intentions around December 1; by this point in the month, I’m scrambling just to get the basics done and panicked about all of the “little” stuff I have yet to do. This is a BIG help. Thanks! And Merry Christmas!

Jackie White says:

I absolutely LOVE it!! What could be more fitting as I was getting ready to make fudge!

Adrienne W says:

Thank you so much for this!! I was wanting to take a treat visiting teaching, but now I’m sick and my kids are sick and I still have a million things to do! But this is PERFECT!!

I love this idea. Almost as easy as My Quiet Dolls and much more delicious!

So cute, I love how easy that is.

Whitney says:

What kind of paper do you print all your printables on? It looks so fancy!

Oh, it’s totally not fancy, lol! Just regular ol’ computer paper. Although I think Kim from TomKat Studio uses a nice semi-gloss kind because hers look prettier!

Donna says:

So cute. Thanks for sharing that. This is getting bookmarked for sure! Merry Christmas!

Amy Hanson says:

I love this! I am totally doing this! Your Mom sounds like the sweetest. I want to be thoughtful like that to all the people who serve in the community. Merry Christmas!

Thesha says:

I love it, this poem is so cute! Thank you for sharing!

Patti says:

Really? A whole entire month of healthy in January? Can’t you squeeze in something naughty just once? Or twice?

Teresa says:

Oh Darn! I bought the “giant” size, that’s wrong isn’t it?

Andrea says:

Thanks so much for this post! I saw it this morning, bought the candy bars this afternoon and made (and delivered) a small bunch of them to friends/co-workers tonight. So easy, so fun and so cute! Woo hoo!

Mary Hartzog says:

Wonderful idea…so cute!

Rhonda says:

Hey, maybe you already knew this…

But did you notice that the poem was a spoof of Jingle Bells? It can be sung to that tune, as well.
    The “How are you…” part has to be sung twice in a row, just like you repeat the line in Jingle Bells.

Claire says:

Boy! this is really a great idea. So many times wish we had a little something ready for this certain person coming over.
    Thanks for the idea

Lindsey says:

love this idea!

Liz says:

LOVE IT!!! I can’t wait to print them.

Patti says:

These are perfect for when a neighbor shows up with a treat who wasn’t on your own list to give to. You always need a back-up plan! Perfect!!!

Judy Hartman says:

Thank you SO MUCH for the free printables!!! You make what I like to do (remember folks with a simple yet thoughtful gift) easier…and a lot more fun!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

♥Judy

Marilyn Montoya says:

Thank you for a cute idea. I LOVE easy but special ideas!

Lori says:

All your printables are so so cute. Would you be able to tell me what software you use to create the designs?
    Thank you and Merry, Merry Christmas to you both!

Marilou says:

Thank you for sharing your wrappers with us!! xo