The other day I was browsing Target, aka the one-hundred-dollar store, and remembered I needed socks as soon as I saw all of the cute knee-high socks.  (Kind of like I remember I need M&M’s when I walk through the candy aisle, or teal sparkly flats when I walk through the shoe aisle, or any other thing I totally don’t need but decide I need the moment I see it.  Especially at Target.)  But with boot season in full swing, who doesn’t need more tall socks?  They were so cute that I picked up a few extras to gift to some friends.  I didn’t plan on posting about this, but when I packaged them up and made a fun tag to go on them, I figured I’d share them with you all, in case anyone could use a cute, inexpensive little gift this week.  You can find fun socks all over the place these days; I think Target even has holiday socks in their dollar section.

Since we’re talking toes, I grabbed some cute nail polishes too, when I saw them in coordinating colors.

And I love these little bells; found them at Target too, in the ornament section.  (See what I’m talking about??  The longer I walk around Target, the more my cart fills up.)  They came in tubes of 4 for a couple of bucks and I loved how they matched the socks and polish.  Those colors just make me happy.

So here’s my loot, but really, if don’t have all of this, any cute pair of socks will do :)

Now all we have to do is package them up.  Socks might seem random, unless…you have a cute label wishing someone cozy toes in a cold winter.  And I got ya covered there!  I did a multicolored version, and a wintery blue version.  (One thing to note- in the download available for you guys, I changed it from ‘all winter’ to ‘this winter’)

I put the socks in a regular cellophane bag (which I always have tons of because I use them for goodies).  The labels have a faint dotted line to show you where to fold it over.  Place the fold right over the folded top of the cellophane bag and punch two holes that go right through the paper and the bag.  Slip a ribbon through, and string on a bell or other little ornament if you want.

I purposely made them nice and roomy on top (the white part) so there would be plenty of space on the back to write a little message.

Gift them out, or pop them in a cute container with some goodies.

Now go forth, and gift socks!

To download the labels shown in this post, click on the links below!

Multicolored Cozy Toes Labels
Winter Blues Cozy Toes Labels

And be sure to check back tomorrow, when I should have one more printable up for you for a super easy, super cheap, super fast edible gift (that you don’t have to lift a finger to make!)

Patti says:

Oooh, purdy colors!

Wendy F says:

I love this! It’s so nice you share your cute gift tags so that I won’t have to expose others to my chicken-scratch-sharpie notes.

Angelene says:

yah what ever Wendy. Your printing is not chicken-scratch. Mine is. But yes it is nice to have it printed for you. So did Sara bring you ones of these by yet? :-)

Lisa says:

So adorable!! We were visiting the US from the UK last year and whilst out one day passed a Target. We decided to go in and have a look and came out $300 poorer.

Just the cutest thing ever!

Alyson S says:

Great idea! I was struggling with what to get two of my girl friends. You saved the day…or Christmas. ;) I am off to Target this morning.

LOL I have a few pairs of those socks and love them. I would love a little gift like this.

jodie says:

this idea couldn’t have come at a better time! looking for small gift ideas for my teen nieces… these are PERFECT! THANK YOU!!!!!! :)

Pam Foster says:

I was just going to post the same thing! My teen nieces will be getting these cute gifts too. :) Great minds think alike!

Pam says:

You girls are soooooooo clever and cute!! I wish I had some of it.

Kit says:

Absolutely adorable idea. I did something like that for my nephews and their wife/girlfriend.

Audrey says:

These are perfect! I was just looking for some gift ideas to do on a budget…thanks for sharing, and thank you for the printables too! Merry Christmas!!!

mrsblocko says:

This is an awesome gift idea. I can never have enough knee highs or nail polish!

Susie says:

Thank you so much for the adorable printables!! I believe it is all in the packaging that really makes a gift special. I can’t wait to go find these socks and package them! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your website!!

Esther says:

What a great idea! I’m a little bummed that I just delivered the teacher gifts this morning because I so want to do this now! I guess I’ll save it for next year.

Amberly says:

I LOVE this idea!

THis is great thank you

Andrea says:

Wonderful idea, I have been searching for a cute gift for my sister’s birthday (Jan 2nd). She will love this combination of gifts!!

Heather says:

Your creativity never stops! I’m done for this year, hooray, but this is first on next years’ list!

Amy says:

Love, love, love!! This is such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

Mandi Tuft says:

Love these!!! They are perfect for what I need to finish up :) Do you have any suggestions of what you could put in place of the nail polish for men and little boys? Thank you!!! You both are wonderful :)

Heather says:

So Dang cute! A Great idea for my GIRLS!

Kim says:

Oh My!! I bought warm fuzzy socks for my son’s teachers this year AND I made the peppermint popcorn AND I bought the same gift ‘buckets’ at Target. Could these printables be more perfect? Thank you!!

What a cute — and colorful — idea! Heading to Target now to pick up some cute socks to make these for a couple last-minute gifts.

Barbara Ann says:

Hi! I LOVE this idea! I have a technical question for printing the labels. If I can’t print these tags at home, does anyone know if I can have them printed at a print shop? I am (almost) completely ignorant of printing cute things from my old school printer and have always been jealous of those people who make these cute things. Any help on how I can print these out? TIA!!

Barbara, I’m sure you could print it at a copy/print store. You just need to have the file. Just click on the link in the post to open the pdf file and then on that file click File>Save As, and then save it to either your computer or a flash drive. You can then either upload the file directly to the copy store on their website (like at FedexKinkos) or take your flash drive into the store and have them do it. At some places you may be able to have them pull it up directly from our site on their computers as well. Hope that helps!

Meesh says:

Thank-you for this great Christmas gift idea!! Found you on Pinterest :)

Staci Z. says:

Completely cute idea that I’m borrowing for last-minute gifts for my mom and sister. Thanks!

Jessica Thompson says:

These are adorable, I am making them for my coworkers tonight for Christmas! Thanks for this great idea.

Jackie says:

I am finished with my gifts for this year but I am adding it to the list for next year, especially for co-workers and stocking stuffers. Also like the idea of adding a mini nail care kit to it, or foot lotion. Thanks so much. Love your blog!

Laura Read says:

Random question, but can you tell me the name of the font you used for the word “warm”?? I’d love to use it for some other projects. This is a great gift idea, by the way.

Sunny Drohan says:

Were these all at Target?

Cheryl says:

I love this idea. I was on hospital bed rest during my last pregnancy for 2 months over the holidays. I like to go back every year on my “anniversary” date and bring gifts to the moms that are currently in that unit. This will be the perfect gift for next year! Thanks for sharing.

Dina says:

Did you get those adorable buckets at Target? I love them!!

I bought those socks too for a few gifts!

Mariel says:

I swear, Target is a money-sucker. I think it’s a slick trick they’ve got going on…literally EVERY time I go there, I guess how much I think I spent, while waiting at the cash register, then I tack on a hundred bucks, and I’m just about right! What the?!? Are they ringing things up at higher prices?? Infusing a mist into the air causing confusion and irresponsibility? Telling every single employee to ask if we need help, so we lose our purchase calculations in our mind? That place is dangerous, they’re up to something. And, your socks idea is super cute! Would have never thought of it :) Have a fantastic Christmas, ladies!

Mariel @ Or so she says…

Nisey says:

I love your many wonderful and creative ideas…only come out with them a little sooner than the week OF christmas next year !!! So, where do you get the cellophane baggies? Do tell. and the boxes? Do, do tell…..pleez?
    Nisey

The buckets in this post are from the Target dollar section. And I usually get my baggies at the craft store! These aren’t planned posts- just little “bonuses” that I made for myself and thought others might enjoy :)

Gail VW says:

You just saved my bacon. My girls need friend gifts by TOMORROW!!! This will be perfect. Off to Target I go.

Lindsay says:

I absolutely love everything you and Kate do! Such a cute gift idea:)

Nicole says:

I marched right off to Tar-jay as soon as I saw these and made 3! Loved the idea.
    thanks!

Linda S Gruber says:

Love this little gift. Every year we give a little gift to the 100 + nurses in our unit. Last year it was your chili seasoning(So good!) This year we dropped the ball and they are getting a pen…… BUT, next year :0) They may just have some cozy toes!!!!!

Linda says:

One of the cutest gifts I’ve ever seen! For sure going to borrow this idea for next year…

marni says:

I teach the 11 yr old girls in Primary and I can’t think of anything more that girls that age would love! Thank you so much

adrienne says:

i am overwhelmed, in an amazing way with all the fun and yummy stuff you guys have posted this holiday! i don’t know where to start! i need three weeks off to get it done! and then a day every-other-week :) haha! thank you for the DELICIOUS ideas! can’t wait to get started, even if it is at midnight tonight!

Elizabeth says:

SO cute and such a good idea!

Mary Flink says:

You had a recipe for mini pretzels with chocolate inside. I don’t know the name of the recipe but they are great. Would you please send me the recipe and what kind of chocolate do you use (I used Rolo candy). Appreciate hearing from you. Thank you.

Beth says:

You are the best! Bought the best cozy slipper socks at old navy and was trying to figure out my packaging so it wasn’t JUST a pair of socks. Thank you!!!

Cammi says:

I used this today, so perfect. Thanks!! Merry Christmas!!

Lisa Fellingham says:

Hey this is cool but our Christmas is in summertime! Love your blog it’s awesome.

Kristen says:

My daughter had such fun putting these together for her little friends as Christmas gifts – thank you for sharing! Oh, and our socks were from the dollar section at Target – went in just for those and some matching polish – came out $55 dollars later :)

Rochelle Stephenson says:

Love this adorable idea!

lori says:

Thanks for the adorable printable! I shared on my 100 Days of Christmas:

Old Navy has Cozy Socks on sale 2/$4 plus there is a 30% off printable coupon (thru 12/21) so you can do this gift set and pay $1.40 for the socks! Woo-Hoo!

Thanks again :)

Del says:

This idea was awesome, affordable, and just plain cute :) I used it for a few co-workers and friends. I found mini pedicure sets at Walmart for $1 which I also threw in.

Laura McCleve says:

Love Love Love this idea! Thanx so much for sharing this!:)

doreen says:

I just thought this was the cutest and having the labels to print was such an extra bonus. You make us look good thanks for your creativity!!!!

Sunny Drohan says:

one more question: the cellophane bags, did you get these also at Target or at the party store?
    You have such fantastic ideas. Hats off to you.
    Thanks.

Oh my goodness, this is such a cute idea!! Love it!

Staci says:

Thank you so much for the darling idea AND the wonderful printable! I saw these first thing in the morning and ran out and got stuff to do 8 of them for teachers, friends, visiting teachers, etc. I also added a packet of hot chocolate mix, a candy cane and a snack size bag of marshmallows {following the warm theme}. They turned out so cute! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Katie says:

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME idea…just picked up my supplies and am assemblying. Perfect hostess/teacher/friend gift! Thanks so much for a great idea! Keep the ideas comin….

Caitlin says:

Thanks for sharing! I just made these up and included some Lindt truffles and lotto tickets! They are adorable :)

Jeannie C says:

I, too, made a trip today to Target for socks and polish for my big and little girls—then I thought
    my sons-in-law need socks, too! And I found travel size tubes of men’s face lotion to include with theirs.
    I know they won’t probably be as impressed with the cute packaging as the girls, but that’s ok! Thanks for such a cute idea—will also be using it next year for friends gifts!

Jessica says:

I LOVE THIS! I am 22 and always put a cute little take home treat at my mom’s Christmas party for everyone to have at their table setting. We bought fuzzy socks for the girl nieces and target mens socks for the nephews (22 total!) and printed off your cute template and added each person’s names to it!

THANKS for the super cute place setting! I cannot wait for us all to take a picture with our fun socks! :) Thanks again!

Alyssa says:

Thanks you so much for the free printable!! These are adorable! I just made 6 of these and am goin back to Target tomorrow for more socks and bells. I love your site!!

Jennifer G. says:

We left to go out of town on Tuesday evening. Tuesday morning my daughter decides she needs to make and deliver 5 friend gifts amid all the other things we had to do to get ready to leave. I printed out the tags, ran to Tar-jay and put these together lickety-split. We put a handful of chocolates in the bottom of each container (found in the $1 section) at Tar-jay. Loved them! So cute, will probably do again.

tiffany h says:

so very cute! saving this idea for next year as I always need “a little something” for a handful of people.

MsWendyKay says:

Love this idea…will be doing this for the hard to do people…thnk you

Judy Gressman says:

I think these toe warmers are darling. I tried to print out the labels, but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Monica says:

My 12 yr old daughter (with my help…) made these for her closest friends for Christmas. So fun and creative… thanks!

Julie says:

Thanks for sharing this, I love the idea.

Lissa says:

Hi Sara! Love this! We live in South Dakota and it is soooo cold and I can think of about 15 of my friends, and teachers, and family that I would love to give this gift to. But,I can’t get it to open for me to download :( Could you possibly send me an email with the PDF so I can print both, Please :) Thank you in advance and Thank you for such an awesome gift idea! Very Creative and easy gift to give!

Kathleen says:

I have the second nail polish!! it’s so cute!!!
    and this is a fabtastic idea!

Lindy says:

Absolutely adorable!!!! And I totally agree about Target! :)

Nicole says:

This is great, thanks so much for the labels too!! Keep the ideas flowing!

Patrice says:

Could make a printable tag that says hands or fingers? I found some cute mittens i would like to include instead of socks. thanks!

nancy sturm says:

These are darling. I hope Target is giving you a great discount by all the women heading there to purchase this stuff:)

Marandah says:

Thanks for the free template! Such a cute way to francy up a simple gift! I do have a question though – where do you get the clear bags?

Lyn Driskell says:

can you make up a new one and change to nails–buy the gloves with the fingers out of them!!!!! I love this idea and have used it–

Amy & Lisa says:

Thank you for the idea and printable. Love this!!

J says:

Thanks for the share! What a cute, inexpensive gift!

Linda says:

I did nto have time to read all the comments, so hope this is not a repeat. I think this would be great girft for a school teacher, especially a younger one. Thank you for sharing. My granddaughters will be getting these for Christmas.

Amanda says:

Thank you so much for posting this, and for the downloads! ALL of my girlfriends are getting cozy toes bags this year!

Taty says:

Love them! but I will like to know you did the printable so I can create some with different wording and different colors… Can you help me with that? Thank you!

Kailyn says:

SUCH a great idea!!!

What are all the fonts that are used?

Traci says:

These are so cute. Thank you for the idea.

kim says:

I love this idea and am going to use it for my hockey mom friends whose feet freeze at the rink all season. I also loved the package that you made up where did you buy those containers they are so cute?

christine clarke says:

Thank-you so much these are SWEET!! I will be using this idea for my Avon customers this christmas.

kim meany says:

Thanks for the idea! Perfect for my daughter’s daycare workers! Where did you find the cute tins? I am definately going to Target tomorrow to see what I can find! Thanks for posting!!!

Courtney says:

Anybody have any other cute sayings I could write for these?

Day saved! Thanks sooo much! :)

@Courtney: There is one thing you should keep in mind when giving this to children: SANTA!!! Creative things will always get them going! Good luck! :)

Sydney says:

This is a really fantastical idea!

Kelly says:

I love this idea! Thanks so much for posting and making the printable available. This is perfect for my three daughters (age 8-13) to give friends for Christmas. I wanted to get them printed at a FedEx/Kinko’s type place so it looks nicer and doesn’t use all my printer ink. Is there a way to save this PDF or can it only be printed from the internet? Thanks for any help on this.

Kelly says:

Reading through more comments I see that my printing question was answered last year. I tried to do that but it didn’t work. I will keep trying to play around with it :)

Amy Jaten says:

I saved this for months and just printed the tags. Found the cutest socks at Target and nail poish to match. Thanks for sharing! Best idea EVER!!!

Rosette Abbott says:

This is such a cute, feminine idea for a quick gift!

Lynne Jacobs says:

I am putting mine together right now….thank you soooo much!

Lynne Jacobs says:

Thank you so cute!

Julie says:

I love, love, love, these! I have bought all the supplies but am now having problems downloading the printables! Everytime I click the link it shuts down the internet explorer. Any suggestions?

Brianne says:

Thanks for the share! I’m making my way to Target to get my supplies and surprise my friends for Christmas. Great idea!

Sandra says:

I love this idea.I bought some bells last year,like you I thouht they were so pretty.But I didn’t know what to do with them.Thanks to you I can use them this year.I have already made 6 bags. Thanks so much foe the printable and the idea.

Shelley says:

Wondering what type of paper works best for the tags? What about a premium paper like used for resumes? Or card stock? Card stock seems thick to fold?

Taylor says:

What a wonderful idea! I am doing this for my college roommates this Christmas!!

Angie says:

Okay so stupid question….these are adorable and I want to make a few. What is extra C on the labels?

Kerry Rehberg says:

Thanks for sharing the tags with us!

Laura e says:

I never wear tall knee high socks with boots. It is always the no see socks I wear with my sneakers!

Rose says:

This was too cute and a HUGE hit for my mother and sister-in-law. I added some homemade sugar scrub and coordinated the jar labels to match your bag tag. Following your lead, I made my jar labels available for download on my blog too. It is the season for giving after all! Thanks so much for sharing!

Donna R says:

Saw this last week on Pinterest and got all the supplies from Target. Couldn’t find the cellophane bags, but Bath and Body Works were giving them out with purchases from there, so I used those! Thanks for the printables!!

sun says:

Thank you for this! We are doing this for my 13 year old gifts for her friends! Such a cute idea. Thanks for the printable labels!

Oh my goodness! This gives me so many good ideas. So cute! Looks like I will planning a trip to Target this weekend. Thank you for the nice post and the adorable ideas.

Andrea says:

LOVE this! Thanks so much for the idea. I like to put a little, fun package together when I give gift cards or money (to those older nieces and nephews who either want cash or cars!). These are great. You could even add those little foam toe spreaders for when you paint your toenails and maybe a mini bottle of some great foot cream.

Ahhh Target. Is there nothing you can’t do for us? :)

Kristin says:

I really need a Target closer than an hour and a half away! Alas, I WILL figure out a way to pull this adorable gift together without one…. :)

Laura says:

Thank you so much for the wonderful idea! It’s been a tough year and I didn’t think I’d be able to get the little gifts I normally do to pass out to friends. I was in my local Dollar Store today and they had a large rack of nail polish in many many different colors. I walked over to where they have the fuzzy sleep socks, picked up 11 pair then back over to the nail polish to make my matches. I know these are going to be a hit with everyone. 11 gifts for $22, pretty good deal!!

Noel says:

Perfect idea for my daughter’s secret santa!! Thanks!

Rachelle says:

so cute!!! I was planning to do little gifts of just toenail polish with a gift tag that said for your mistletoes. love the addition of socks!

Jamie says:

Love this idea! I found some really cute candy cane-shaped nail files that I am going to include with the nail polish and socks :)

Amy says:

It was pretty obvious that I wasn’t the only one excited by this post when I got to Target last night. :) Thanks for the great idea!! As much as I love edible treats, this time of year is usually bombarded – such a cute and fun alternative!

Deirdre says:

Thank you so much for the fabulous gift idea for the ladies in my life!
    I went to Target on my lunch break today and the socks were $2.50 each.
    The nail polish section was picked over heavily, but I did find some nice co-ordinating colors with the socks. I actually found a garnet and gold colored argyle for my FSU fans! They didn’t have the colorful jingle bells, but did have the larger red and gold ones for $1.40 for 4 or 5 (30& off.)
    I am going to make a couple for Januray b-day gifts as well!

Marie says:

thanks so much for this cute idea and printable! my daughter and i made them for her friends for christmas and they look so cute. :)

Kristin says:

My teenage daughter and I just bought nail polish, slipper socks and nail files for 14 of her friends to bag up as little pampering sets for Christmas. This saying and these tags were perfect to finish them off! Thanks for providing them! I think we will do them for her coaches, too, since they turned out so cute!

jenny says:

Hi there. I made these last year and they were a hit! I am wondering where you got your fonts from. I am trying to find some similar so that I can do some other designs.

Dana DeLavan says:

I can not get the tags to download. Can you please send it to me via email? Thank you. My son has a school project in where he has to make something to put in the santa shop to sell to raise money to buy toys for the children who will not have a christmas. Thanks so much! Dana

Mollie says:

I searched all over for an inexpensive gift for my close friends, and i found it! Thank you!

rita says:

love the printable, and thank you for sharing! however, it says “C Cozy,” which I don’t get. the blue tag looks so cool and frosty — just like winter!

Laurie L. says:

I think that is supposed to be “&” (and) before the C. So it says “warm & cozy”.

Laurie L. says:

I love this! Just made some for my co-workers. I added a cute heart shaped nail buffer & a few wrapped chocolate candies. Didn’t have any bells to add, but it looks fine with some holiday colored wool tied in a bow. Thanks so much for the printable tags! All the best to you this holiday season. Cheers!

Angela G says:

These are such adorable, inexpensive gifts for coworkers and friends. I just got done making several and they turned out adorable. I added a nail file, that I was able to find at Michaels for 75% off in the dollar bins. Thanks for printable tags and sharing the idea. Merry Christmas!!

Tabitha says:

I used the multicolored tag and made this as a little gift for our babysitter along with a gift card. I love the way it turned out, so simple to make.