This past Christmas my cousin Cami texted me a picture of some cute paper bags she made with a “Just Popping By” message.   I had already come up with my Valentine popcorn idea (I’m a food blogger- my mind is always on the next holiday!) so I started working on these tags to go with it.

So here’s some ideas for how you can use these tags.  They obviously work great with the fun Valentine Popcorn mix, but you can easily fill a bag with any store-bought goodie just as easily and have a cute treat to give to a friend, neighbor, teacher, etc.

Pin It

Whenever I post these fold over tags I get questions on how to do the ribbon, so here’s a little how-to.  Fill your bag with goodies and fold the top over.  Crease the top portion of your tag and then place it right over the creased cellophane bag.

While holding the bag (seriously, don’t let go- I only did because I had to photograph!) punch two holes.  Have your ribbon all ready so you don’t have to let go of the bag.  Place your ribbon through the front side of the tag so the ends are hanging out the back.

Then on the back side, take each ribbon through the opposite hole back to the front.  Ta-da!  No knot tying involved.  Trim the edges and experiment with thick or thin ribbon.

I specifically made these with the word “popping” so they’d be cute on Tin Cans.  Click here for the full tutorial on that fun and easy craft.  You get bonus points if you fill them with popcorn too!  Just cover your cans with a cute paper and then glue or double-stick tape the tag on the front.

Lastly, you can just cut out the small square tags and tie them to a baggie of your favorite treat (Butterfinger hearts?   Yes please.)

Click the links below for the downloads.
Print on your home computer, cut out, and spread the love.

Large fold over tags for cellophane bags
Small tags for Tin Can Treats and Cut-Out labels

Jessen says:

Very Cute Idea!

Alicia says:

Thank you so much! I love you both tons and hope you have a great Valentines!

Kim says:

Where did you find the tins? Those are adorable. Thanks for sharing this fun idea with us! I always enjoy reading the blog.

Kim, click on the link in the post for the tutorial on tin can treats; they are just fruit cans from the grocery store!

Ellie says:

LOVE this cute idea! Thanks for posting it.

I am so in love with this idea…and the tags are TOO CUTE!! Will you be my Valentine?

Lauren says:

I thought the “popping” was because of the popcorn! Works both ways, I guess :)

Patti says:

I know exactly what I’m going to do with these little cuties, but you’ll have to wait two more days to find out. TWO MORE DAYS! Unless you two are showing up on Friday night just for fun. I hope your bags are packed :)

Amber says:

Such a cute idea! Thanks for the free printables. :)

Sarah says:

Thank you!! I actually got bubbles for my son to give his friends in nursery and was trying to come up with something cute but now I can just use this!!

Jackie Sherrill says:

Thank you! This is the best idea I have seen so far. I just love it!! Exciting, Fresh Idea for Friends & neighbors.

I love this idea! Hope it’s ok with you that I feature it on our Fun Finds Friday….so cute!

Susan Mires says:

I wanted to make a treat for the wonderful staff where I get physical therapy. Since they are health conscious, I have been trying to come up with something that’s not too sugary like most Valentine treats. The cinnamon popcorn will be just the thing – perhaps minus the Oreos. Thank you so much!

Marilyn says:

Sometimes, I just can’t get over how cute your ideas are. They are almost too much! I love doing things like this so much, I’m glad others enjoy it too!!! Thanks for the ideas!

Courtney says:

I just really appreciate you making it so much easier for those of us who are craft-challenged. Keep em coming!

So cute, love the colours on the tags and your bright and beautiful tutorial pics!

Thesha says:

These are so cute! Thanks for the great gift idea and the printables. You guys are the best and you make life so much easier for the rest of us with your wonderful recipes and cute craft ideas! :)

Amber says:

SUCH a cute idea! Thanks for the printable.

Julie says:

I made the ones you posted for Christmas and they were a hit. I love them! I was going to save soup cans this year to use again when I needed to make them, but I can’t find a can opener that will open the bottom of the can- cans like campbell’s soup that are curved a little at the bottom so they stack nearly. Any suggestions?

Love, love, love all your ideas and recipes. Just wish I had time to make them all. Thanks!

These are cuter then cute little printables!! Thanks!!

D Casey says:

Sara…where can I find the font used for the word POPPING? You had it on your christmas post too and I can’t find it anywhere. I love it. Do you know where I can find it? Thanks!!

Bekah says:

That is Adorable!! I love it!

Brittany C says:

I LOVE these labels! I am so excited to make some specialty popcorn and give it out!

Kim says:

Sara, thank you! I guess I overlooked the tutorial link, sorry. :)

Kristy says:

Sooooo cute!!

Cami S says:

IN LOVE!!! The printables are so cute! Thanks, Sara! I bet you can guess what treat I’ll be making for my VT-ing ladies for Valentine’s Day. :)

Lyndsey says:

I love these! I think they would be cute to give to friends for their birthday. Do you have any tags for birthdays?

Lily says:

Love these!thanks for the freebies :) Was wondering on what type of paper did you print these?

kellie says:

Cute, Cute, Cute! Many Thanks :)

Jill says:

Just what I was looking for. Will be great to use for the teacher’s gift to the class this year! Thanks for sharing.

Hannah Ryan says:

I can’t get the printables to upload…any suggestions?

linda says:

We just tried or attempted our hand at these awesome tincan treats for valentines. One problem we had was reattaching the lid to the can? Is there a secret to reattaching them. Ours went back on (a couple) cattywompus!! You know crooked! It was ok it wasn’t bad but noticable. And we didn’t find any large labels for our (huny’s) larger cans for Valentines. But it was so much fun to do. We already plan on making more. So many people we would like to suprise, just because….thanks…

susan says:

Such great ideas! Thank you so much for sharing.

Hailey says:

So very cute! Thank you for sharing.

Jamie says:

Made the “popping through” tags last night and the popcorn today! I can’t wait to deliver the goodie bags tomorrow. I am hooked on your posts! Keep up the GREAT work!!!

Amy Newman says:

Thank you so much for sharing! These are adorable!

Ashley says:

I teach a special needs class and we love bubble wrap for fine motor skills and, well, just because it’s just fun! I adapted your tags and stapled them onto pieces of the bubble wrap for cute little Valentines for my students! Thanks a bunch!