I think I mentioned recently that we moved to Louisiana 4 years ago in January. What I didn’t tell you was that our move here was part of a much bigger life transition, both in ways that we expected (we meant it when we said we’d go just about anywhere when my husband graduated from college) and ways that we didn’t expect (the months leading up to his graduation were much more tumultuous and stressful than we ever anticipated). On top of that, there were so many general unknowns: the economy was crashing and my husband and I had no idea how that would affect us (other than the fact that one day we were qualified for a home loan and a week later we weren’t because the housing market had fallen apart). Once we’d had a few months to get settled in our new location, reality started setting in: we were far from our friends and family. Real life was expensive. We had a baby and a toddler in a completely unfamiliar place. The economy was getting worse. I felt so lost.

Sara and I had talked about starting a cooking blog for awhile. Cooking blogs were in their very baby stages and we had very modest expectations for what we hoped it would be–mostly a place to organize our recipes for ourselves and share our recipes with our friends and families. A fun hobby. Something to keep us busy. So four years ago tomorrow, we launched our humble little blog with a few of our favorite recipes and hoped that maybe someone would come and read them.

Imagine our surprise when, after a month or so, we started getting comments from people we didn’t know. It was kind of terrifying and exhilarating and fun all at once. We changed our look, we changed our name, we changed our look a few more times. We learned as we went along and suddenly…we had all these readers, all these friends, people who actually kind of cared about our recipes and our stories and the things we were sharing. And, slowly, I started finding myself again.

We get lots of emails and comments that bring us so much happiness (don’t get me wrong, we get a lot that make us want to write a book about crazy people, too!), from the little things like finally showing up your mother-in-law with your homemade dinner rolls to stories so emotional and personal that we feel like it’s an undeserved honor to be considered a part of them. But we rarely get to genuinely thank you guys for what you’ve done for us. We could take pictures and write recipes until we went crazy, but if there was no one reading them, there wouldn’t be any point in it. Thank you for taking this wild ride with us, for letting us tell you our stories and for helping us re-discover who we are. I think I can speak for both of us when I say that this has been one of the greatest, most unexpected blessings in our lives in so many ways and we don’t have the words to thank you.

So I’ll try to do it with pie. Naughty, naughty pie that should only be eaten once a year.

You’ll need a packaged chocolate cookie crust (think a graham cracker crust, only made with Oreos), bananas, sweetened condensed milk, whipping cream, brown sugar, powdered sugar, cream cheese, and toffee chocolate bars (like Heath) or chocolate-covered toffee bits.

Using one can of sweetened condensed milk,

prepare the Dulce de Leche according to these directions.

Yes, I know this picture has two cans–although math was never my subject, I am a fairly competent counter. But I doubled the recipe for evil purposes.

When the Dulce de Leche has cooked, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool slightly. Spread it over the bottom and up the sides of the cookie crust.

If my Dulce de Leche looks a little…clumpy, that’s because it is. When you look at the instructions and they say that it takes about an hour for the Dulce de Leche to cook, it may not be in your best interest to use that hour to take a nap, even though you’re six months pregnant and tired and you were up half the night with allergy-ridden children. It’s okay. It was hidden under layers of awesomeness and still tasted fabulous.

Cut your bananas into 1/4″ slices and lay them on top of the Dulce de Leche…

Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of crushed chocolate toffee bits on top of the bananas and set it aside.

In a medium bowl with electric beaters, mix together the cream cheese and brown sugar until light and fluffy. In a large bowl, beat the whipping cream and powdered sugar together until medium peaks form. Add the cream cheese and mix until well-combined, light, and fluffy.

Gently spread the whipped cream mixture over the toffee bits and then sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of toffee bits. Chill for several hours before serving.

Pin It

Edited to add: Apparently, everyone else in the world calls this Banoffee Pie. That’s what I get for living under a rock. :)

Liz says:

Happy Birthday Our Best Bites!! My family is happily fed homemade delicious meals thanks to you two wonderful ladies!

Nicole Peck says:

Sounds divine!!!!! And, yes, this website is awesome!! So glad you branched out. Your cookbook is my new cooking bible!

Kiki P. says:

You two are so amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your time and talents. I love the blog and cookbook and, well everything! You have changed my life for real, and inspired me! :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY OUR BEST BITES! Best wishes for many wonderful years!

Jenn says:

Happy Blogiversary you two!

This looks awesome and heck, I want to take a nap every day and I don’t have any babies or toddlers and I’m certainly not pregnant!

can’t wait to make this!

Sarah O. in VA says:

You guys are loved because you are REAL. Who of us doesn’t, at 6 mos. pregnant (or even NOT pregnant) steal those precious opportunities to nap when we can? I love seeing a clumpy Dulce de Leche…and reading your “it’s okay…don’t worry” comment. It’s sort of an analogie for life…our lives…”it’s okay…don’t worry…the bad is hidden under layers of awesome greatness”. Thanks, Best Bites!

Sarah O. in VA says:

Oops…I meant to spell it “analogy”! hee!

Ang says:

Yes, this. You’ve seriously done an amazing job here. Congratulations on all your success, Happy Blogiversary, and most of all, thank you for sharing tips, tricks, procedures and RECIPES that have enriched my family’s food life and my cooking experience. I’ve started to sound like a broken record when I get compliments on food, treats, and gifts: “Yeah, I got this from OBB, too.” Love it. And I squealed when I saw the pie recipe. Now I’m jut lookin for an excuse….

Lauren says:

Happy Blogger Birthday! So glad y’all started this thing because it’s my favorite food blog! :D

Happy Anniversary!! I can only hope my blog will be like this one someday. Your blog is what inspired me to start my own… I read every single post & love every minute of it. Keep doing what you’re doing!!

Hannah says:

Wow. That looks decadent and delicious. Did you know that chocolate animal crackers make fantastic pie crusts? They taste just like oreo wafers but don’t cost as much. We’ve used them to make chocolate crusts, to top ice-cream, and sometimes just to dip in chocolate.

Pamela says:

Congrats and Happy Anniversary!! This is fabulous website. I have shared your site with sooo many that asked “where did you find this???”. Your stories are fun and always makes me smile and the recipes and endless ideas – need I say more…
    PS – Love you cookbook ;)

Lauren says:

This seems very familiar to Banoffee Pie. Was that an inspiration for this? That is one of my favorite English desserts ever. Unfortunately, here in the states, we can’t really get our hands on the amazingness that is double cream. Thanks for posting this! Congrats on 4 years!!! Love your blog :)

juli says:

This is hands-down my favorite food blog. I brag about you guys to everybody when I talk about recipes and cooking. I think both of you are wonderful cooks/bakers, but I also love your stories too. Thanks for sharing them every week. Happy Birthday!

Becca says:

So *that’s* why I love this blog so much…We share a birthday! :o)

I agree with whomever said that the reason y’all are so well-liked is that you are “real”. It feels like you both are a friend or sister and it’s comfortable. Not to mention that all your recipes are fantastic but realistic to make at the same time. Keep up the great work and I know I’ll keep coming back for more! Here’s to many more years, recipes, and cookbooks!!

RitaMarie says:

Yes indeed, Happy Anniversary! It’s always good to find what you love to do and be able to do it:) Thanks for sharing it all with us.

mjfluke says:

Happy birthday and thanks for taking your precious family time to share your recipes and lives with us. It’s great that two young mothers in the “eat-out” generation love to cook. My daughters and I love to read and share your recipes. You’ve really made an impact on a lot of families.

Erin says:

And to think that I’ve been reading you since day two! (I think I started reading the blog a couple of weeks after you started it.) Both of you are awesome. And thank you for this sinfully delicious pie recipe! Mmmmmmm….

Lynette says:

um ya, that is a really evil recipe! I will definitely have to make it something. It looks delicious! I love your blog, and especially the back stories to recipes, they make the blog very unique and enjoyable!

Grace says:

Your recipes are delicious, and your stories are very funny, real, and relatable! It’s like having a good friend in my computer. :) Thank you for all that you do, and the stuff we don’t know about, too.

Rebecca says:

I found your blog a couple of months ago and it has been such a blessing! I have prepared so many wonderful meals and desserts because of you both. My family and I are very grateful for all of the new recipes! I have especially loved your beef stew, lemon scones, chicken alfredo bake, fudge and last night I made Sara’s tuna noddle casserole. Everything has been totally delicious! Thank you so much! My mom loves Banoffee Pie, so I’m going to make this for her!

Chantel says:

Oh my! I’m 7 months pregnant myself, and all I’ve been craving is sweets. But not candy. I want cakes and cookies and pies. This looks amazing! I kind of laughed at the link on how to make the carmel. When I was in YW, a sister from our ward from Argentina came and taught us how to make a jelly roll dessert filled with Dulce De Leche. And she taught us to make it using the simmering the can of milk in boiling water for 3 hours method. Nice. I’ll have to try this method with the pie.

Amy says:

Ladies,
    Happy Birthday! I have been following you for about 1.5 years now and I love everything that you do! As I was finishing with the kids’ bedtime routine last night, I started thinking about how nice it would be to have an app for my iphone and ipad from you, so that when I’m at the store and need an ingredient and can’t remember what, I can bring the recipe up quickly. Also, cooking would be awesome, I’d never have to print recipes. I would pay for that!! Do you have that already?

kami says:

oh.my.goodness. i was just dreaming about that banana caramel thingy they used to have a haagen dazs. but they closed and i was heart-broken. not anymore!!

This is a fun spin on Banoffee pie. I’ll have to try your version next time I make it! Banoffee pie is a graham cracker crust, caramelized sweetened condensed milk, bananas, with whipped cream on top.

I had literally never heard of banoffee pie before today, hahaha! I’d eaten it, just never heard it called that. Apparently I live under a rock.

• Patti says:

I hope that the rock you’ve been living under doesn’t have the same friends involved there as what you experienced last week with the sewer guy.
        I’ve been with you since your name was The Daily Bite, and have loved you since I watched you work your magic at Macey’s in American Fork.
        Happy Birthday/Anniversary, and thanks for the pie! Love you!!!

Leslie says:

Happy Birthday! I have loved and will continue loving your blog for years to come You are inspiring. I have little thoughts running around upstairs of how to get my own cooking blog to go somewhere someday. Thanks!

Cynthia says:

Happy Birthday! I use your cook book and/or blog at least once a week (some weeks a lot more) and my family thanks you for the yummy food they eat. And this pie? Oh, my goodness…can’t wait for a reason to whip this up – I think being nearly 8 months pregnant is a good enough reason :)

Kourtney says:

I’m so glad you started your blog! From someone who has read your blog from the beginning (I was also on the bulletin boards where you made the connection), I continue to faithfully read your blog, make your recipes and share your blog and cookbook with many others! I also like to think that if we lived in the same neighborhood we would be friends, as I love your sense of humor! Congratulations on your success!

Kristi says:

Happy Blog Birthday! Your blog is the first food blog that I started to follow about three years ago and I cook from it and your cookbook at least three times a week. Thanks for all the yummy recipes!

Becca H says:

I am so going to make this next month for Girl’s Night Out! It will be at my NEW house, so the theme is make a NEW recipe.

By the way, Happy Bloggy Birthday! My husband got me your cookbook for Christmas and I’ve already tried over a dozen recipes from it and EVERY one has been a HUGE hit with all five of us. That means you are awesome — or my kids are not picky eaters. I think I’ll go with the first option there.

Thanks! Keep up the spectacularness that is your cooking (and I don’t care if that isn’t a word).

Michelle says:

We use your recipes all the time! Thanks for sharing and all the work that you put into your website and cookbook!!!!

katie says:

You are my favorite food blog EVER! Thanks for what you do here!

Angie says:

I knew there was a reason that OBB is one of my favorite food blogs…my oldest son’s birthday is also tomorrow! Happy birthday to Our Best Bites! I have really appreciated your recipes and all the little extras you don’t find on other food blogs…like all the how-to posts and practical advice in every recipe…the questions that most of us have, but don’t want to ask, for fear of looking dumb in the kitchen (that’s me!). Love your blog and thanks for all the effort you put into it!

Christina L. says:

Well you are not the only one, I never heard of Banoffee Pie either!! This looks so delicious…..can’t wait to make it. Happy Birthday OBB….I love you girls!

Happy birthday to the Our Best Bites blog! Thank you for inspiring me to start my own recipe blog and not be afraid to do it. Happy birthday and thank you for all of the food and fun over the last 4 years! :)

T. Mellor says:

Everytime I use one of your recipes, you gain a new fan or two. I am still getting requests from people I gave your peppermint popcorn to this last Christmas. I enjoy reading your down-to-earth comments. I must admit I browse the desserts about three times as much as the dinners, but that’s okay, right? This pie looks delicious. I think I’ll make one for my neighbor who came over and plowed my driveway last night at 11:00 PM. I think he deserves something special.

Leesa W says:

We’re blessed by all that you ladies share! Happy Birthday! And OH NO YOU DIDN’T with this pie?! Holy moley, this looks amazing. “naughty” is right! :-D

Katie Call says:

Happy Birthday, OBB! Thanks for all the wonderful, delicious thing to eat. Thank you for helping my husband and I discover our joy of cooking together, and giving us something special to try for every occasion (real or imagined!) Here’s to another 4 years!!!

Tish says:

I’m might be thinking ahead of myself but will the cooking time be the same for the Dulce De Leche if you use 2 cans of the Sweetned Condensed Milk?

Happy 4th Birthday and thank you for sharing your recipes and ideas.

It really depends on your oven. I’d definitely check it after an hour, but it could take a little longer. You will pretty much have to add more water to the larger pan, though (not that I’m speaking from ANY kind of firsthand experience here…I don’t KNOW how my Dulce de Leche got gloopy, haha!)

Sara says:

This pie looks yummy! I think I will try to make it next week on pi day (you know, pi is 3.14 and next Wednesday is March 14, 3.14). We are having a pie party for pi day and I think this pie will be perfect for dessert. (and your chicken pot pie for dinner) Thanks!

Patti says:

Kate, did you double the sweetened condensed milk for this recipe or just to have extra deliciousness on hand? And, if you didn’t have chocolate covered toffee bits, but only regular toffee bits, would it be best to use mini chocolate chips or shaved Hershey bar for a substitution?

I just made extra to pack in school lunches, so I only ended up using 1 can in the pie. I would probably use shaved chocolate bar (if you can’t find actual toffee candy bars to break up yourself)–they’ll melt in your mouth better. :)

sandy says:

Happy Birthday! I’m grateful you both found yourselves and blessed our lives at the same time! Thank you! (And that pie… looks crazy good!)

Jill C says:

I think you should write a book about the crazies….or start another link similar to ‘the scoop’ :) I don’t understand why some people get so worked up over the silliest things. Happy Wednesday!!

What a sweet story of struggle and success. I love it when there is a deserved happy ending to a story. Congratulations on four years! Happy Birthday!

Natalie says:

Tomorrow is my 4th wedding anniversary… What a happy coincidence! This looks delicious!

garysgirl says:

You gals’ blog is my absolute FAVORITE! My mom and I use your recipes ALL. THE. TIME. And we love them! (And the stories that go with them!). This recipe looks sooooooo good!!! Definitely on my ‘make it asap’ list! ;)

Charlotte says:

I’m so happy for you guys (and a little jealous)!!! I have been following your blog for the last 3-4 years. I found you on that Babycenter board, remember that? I have loved every recipe of yours that I’ve tried. This pie looks amazing!

Kathryn P. says:

Perfect for hosting a “Pi Day” on 3.14 next Wednesday. Yeah, we’re nerdy like that. But you get pie!

amelia says:

Happy blogiversary! If I could read only one blog from here on out, this one would be it. I’m so glad you share your lives (and your recipes) with us. Also, I have tried your crockpot method for cooking the condensed milk, and it turned out beautifully. I highly recommend it.

Tammy K. says:

you are deliciously evil!
    I am really really REALLY trying to be good this month!!!
    Here are the 2 reasons why: I JUST (literally 4 days ago) lost my baby weight (she’s 14 months old now:) & my husband and I are getting to go to Hawaii together the first week of April! He’s been in Med school for the last 3 years, so for his spring break we’re hop’n a plane (kid free!) so we’re really excited…to say the least…
    HOWEVER, this is on my “must make” list for the 2nd week of april :)

I’m so glad you guys have found success in this. I don’t follow blogs, but I do yours because it helps me to feel like I’m a better mom & wife, but more importantly I love cooking for me! I’m just glad that there are 2 mom’s out there getting to do something they love (and probably hate at times…because isn’t that how it goes) and are able to see the rewards from their efforts.

Your blog has meant a lot to me too! I am so happy for the both of you and the success you have found sharing your best with the world. It must be so gratifying to have so many admire you and your talents. Thanks to both of you for helping me make better food. Thanks to you for adding variety to my kitchen. I also love both of your little quips about your lives. Your writing is as good as your recipes.

And thank you for this pie. Holy Cow. Did you make a deal with the devil or something. This pie might kill me. There’s only one way to know for sure.

Martha T says:

This looks amazing and may I thank you for letting me live vicariously through you. I can enjoy a virtual pie like this and not end up eating the whole thing! Happy Blogger Birthday!

Anna Jenkins says:

You’ve had a birthday, shout hurray!
    We want to sing to you today!
    One year older and “awesome-r” too!
    Happy Birthday, to YOU!
    (I bet you know the tune to this one…)

Yumminess on the recipe, by the way.

Happy Birthday to Our Best Bites!!

laura huffman says:

never heard of either, so thank you for this thank you pie recipe and I am sooo going to make this. yummo. can’t wait. love coming here for stories, and recipes. who cares if things are lumpy once in a while. that’s why we have teeth.

ShirleyG says:

Thank YOU for all the fun, witty, hilarious posts and the inspiring, yummy, evil, delicious recipes!! You have brought my mind back to the basics and away from all the fru-fru stuff…with a reminder that GREAT food doesn’t have to use weird ingredients or take hours to prepare. You guys have blessed OUR lives!!

DeeDee says:

thanks for the hints about making the dulce de leche -and for the yummy sounding dessert

Stephanie G. says:

Happy Happy Birthday,
    Today’s your special day!
    Happy Happy Birthday,
    It’s what I’m here to say!
    Happy Happy Birthday,
    May all your dreams come true!

Happy Birthday Best Bites, may you continue to blog yummy and prosperous!

Stephanie G. says:

P.S. I forgot my manners here ladies, I need to say thank you for providing a great site which I refer to often and find the most delectable things to make! Congratulations on another wonderful year!

Melissa B says:

Oh my goodness! This recipe looks so good!

Congratulations on your Success! I enjoy looking at your blog all the time!

Valerie says:

Thank you for you story! My husband graduates in a few months. Like you, we’ll go anywhere a job will take us. It’s nice to know that life becomes normal again despite the major changes that come with moving.

I love your blog! You ladies inspire me. Thank you.

Happy Birthday to my favotite food blog! I’m making this pie for my team meeting at work on Monday. I hope they feel like working after they eat it! LOL

Marcia says:

Happy Birthday To Our Best Bites! You are the source of many wonderful recipes that my family has loved. This pie sounds amazing!!!

Haley Oakes says:

You guys are talented, witty, creative and – best of all – really approachable. Thanks for not being one of those snobby, “I never make any mistakes” types of food bloggers. :) It gives me hope.

Kimm Bingham says:

Perfect recipe to try for next week’s Pi day! Thanks! (And I’ve seen this recipe all over lately, but I’m gonna make yours, because nobody makes it as well as you do!)

Lindsay says:

Happy 4th birthday! I’ve been reading you since the beginning, too, ever since I saw your link on my sister Carly’s blog. I had just started to realize back then what a food blog was. Now I read a lot of them, but honestly, yours is my fave–fun, easy and DELICIOUS recipes. You guys are awesome! And I love being able to tell people that my sister is good friends with you guys. :)

Ellie says:

I love the pi day idea! I usually make apple (my son’s favorite) or berry (my husband’s favorite) for pi day but I’m pretty sure that it’s my turn to have caramel-toffee-creamy-deliciousness that is very likely to become MY favorite. I also have one daughter that thinks she doesn’t like pie because of the crust but I’m pretty sure this could change her mind. Thanks for another great recipe!

And happy birthday! You have pulled me out of many dinnertime slumps. Love the blog, love the cookbook, can’t wait for the next one!

Heidi says:

Happy Birthday! I LOVE your blog and look forward to seeing what you post every week. I have made many of your recipes and they are all delicious. Thank you!

Heidi says:

Happy blogiversary! I love your site and am thankful that I get to read your life stories to feel a little bit more normal about the silly things I do.

Renae says:

My husband used to work under a chef for a film catering business. It’s been YEARS ago but he taught me to make a yummy pie w/ sweetend condensed milk that you make into caramel by boiling the unopened can of sweetened condensed milk. It was a pretty cool cooking concept. That pie had banana’s in it too. Just thought maybe it would give you something to play with. :) I had never seen the concept before or since.

Molly says:

Happy Happy Birthday!! I love love love Our Best Bites and am so glad you created such a sweet, fun, charming, and friendly, not to mention crazy delish! cooking blog. Thank you for all of the fab recipes and for creating a place where I feel like your friend xoxo

Teeny Jones says:

Dale and I are so very proud of you! Happy Birthday Our Best Bites!!!!!

I just wanted to tell you that I made the tuna noodle casserole for my family last night…IT WAS SO YUMMY!! An instant hit with my family! My husband said he justed wanted to keep going back for more! My tuna casserole recipe was sad and didn’t get made very often (it involved cream of mushroom soup…) Well, your recipe will have a permenant place in our family menu.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!! FABULOULISHOUSNESS~~

Karen says:

Not only is it called “Banoffee” pie — it’s an English dessert. My friends, who live in London, introduced me to this dessert! The Brits say it’s an “American” dessert. There is an interesting history on this pie that you can read about on Wikipedia. Banoffee pie, regardless of how you make it, is delicious!

Julieta says:

DULCE DE LECHE is ARGENTINIAN!

Shae says:

Happy Birthday Our Best Bites! I am living the resident’s wife life far away fom home and family too. This year marks my 6th year having to live away from family, and I have always used fun recipes to brighten my day and make me feel slightly closer to home. Some of the other student wives were talking about this great blog that they found, where everything tasted wonderful, and how fun the authors were! I bought the book on good faith and it has been so fun trying all of your yummy recipes! Your popcorns are often seved at our presidency meetings, and your cookies and breads at our book club. This year I hit the big 3-0, to celebrate I am having an “Oprah style” party where my friends can win some of my favorite things (on a much smaller level… Think gerber daisies, and a drawing where only one is given away!) and your book! Just thought you would like to know that your fan club is still growing and this is just the beginning! Happy Birthday!

Leah says:

Happy Birthday OBB!! I love your recipies and I love reading your blog!

Linda says:

I have to admit I’m more the visit than comment kind of visitor but I do check your site daily (sometimes more than once!) for recipes or interesting blogs. I have seen this recipe before but never made it (yet). Looks delicious. In honor of your anniversary I went to Amazon and bought the Kindle version of your cookbook. Congrats on your success and thanks for all the great recipes and blogs!!

shron says:

Happy Birthday! What would we do without you?

Megan says:

Happy birthday OBB! So thankful for you both! I started following you a year ago and have never eaten the same since. Your recipes are fantastic.

Erin says:

Happy birthday to your blog! Great pie to celebrate.

Kelsey says:

I can’t believe I just cried reading a cooking blog. Thanks for all you do! I have never trusted anyone to give me a steady stream of reliably yummy recipes like y’all. I’ll never forget my first OBB- the peppermint ganache brownies. They got me hooked!

Erin B. says:

I made this once (ala Paula Deen) and by the time I served it, the dulce de leche was liquid. As soon as those cut bananas touched it, it went runny. Did I do something wrong?

Wendy Perkins says:

Oh. My.

(Happy birthday, Kate and Sara!)

Natasha D. says:

Happy Birthday, OBB! This looks wonderful and very rich! :)

Thesha says:

Happy Birthday! Your pie looks delicious as all of your recipes are. I am so glad that you ladies started this blog and kept it going. We love trying and falling in love with your recipes. Thank you for all of the work you do for all of us.

Rebecca Stewart says:

I enjoyed Banoffee Pie everyday for three weeks at the Preston, England MTC. That was thirteen years ago and I have been dreaming about it ever since, can’t wait to try this!

Malesa says:

I’ve been reading for almost four years now and I’ve loved your website. Thanks for sharing all your delicious recipes! Happy bloggy-birthday!

Renee H. says:

Banoffee Pie! I’ve had something similar pinned for a while. This looks WONDERFUL. Thanks for working so hard and sharing all of your wonderful recipes with us.

Sylvia says:

Could I use the ready made dulce de leche that is found in the hispanic food aisle in most stores?

Stephanie says:

Had quite a lot of festivities this weekend and so we made 2 of these pies and brought them….such a HIT. Everyone loved them! Thanks OBB for making cooking/baking so much fun and enjoyable.

Keri says:

Happy happy Birthday! I cannot thank you enough for your hard work and dedication to this blog and your cookbook! I make things every week from your recipes! Thank you for the realness!

Cassi says:

I made this pie for an early St. Patrick’s Day party (since they eat a lot of that in Ireland) and everyone said it was my best dessert yet! Even the one who lived in Ireland loved it! Just a tip: when making two pies don’t double the whipped topping. I think I have enough of it left over to make the Strawberries and Cream Pie from this site. Lucky Me!

TANYA says:

Made this for a meeting tonight but just had to steal a sliver to taste…..oh my it IS divine. Definetely going to be a keeper. Very easy too. Did the crock pot method for the dulce de leche part. SOOOO AWESOME. Thanks for sharing.

Meg says:

2 things: First, my HUSBAND made this pie for me tonight, as per my request, for my birthday today. IT IS AMAZING! We were all groaning over it:) What a great, delicious recipe. Secondly, as my husband was reading through this post and the dulce de leche post to get ready to make it, he started laughing out loud, and said, “I might have to start reading ‘Our Best Bites.’” He thinks you are totally funny. He is always making fun of me for reading recipe blogs, and now he is hooked! Thanks for all you do!

Meg says:

Just to add one more thing: We ate it for breakfast this morning, and then for lunch! Obsessed!!!

jennifer Williams says:

We had a Pie Day party with our Sunday School class tonight and I made this pie. I won first place in the taste contest! Those church ladies are fierce! Thanks so much for your yummy pie!
    PS, we have a tiny little oven in our tiny little house, and it took the dulche de leche almost two hours to cook! Our house was like a sauna! I think I ended up cooking it a bit too long though. What a small price to pay for such yummy goodness! :)

Tamara says:

I’m not usually one to post comments on blogs or websites but I really have appreciated all your great recipes and fun ideas. Honestly if I am ever questioning what to make for dinner I just turn to our best bites and instantly have a list of things I’d like to whip up. I especially enjoy the healthy easy choices! Keep up the creative goodness!

Amber, RD says:

Oh wow! This looks amazing! I can’t wait to make this!

gj says:

Happy Anniversary! I made the pie and it is very sweet and has oodles of caramel goodness. However, my Dulce de leche layer is rather runny. It isn’t thick. It is browned, but thin. Did I cook it long enough, or what causes this?

Ashlie says:

I have been waiting for the perfect occasion to make this and finally got the chance yesterday. I made it for my daughter’s second, first birthday party, we were all cake and ice creamed out after our first party on Saturday. It was a huge hit. My 83 year old Grandma declared it was the best banana pie she ever had! Thanks for making me look good, don’t worry I tried not to take all the credit.

Erica says:

I went to the grocery store today determined to make this for our Bible study tonight, but the Heath chips were over $3 a bag and I knew I really shouldn’t have a half a bag of heath chips sitting in my pantry begging me to eat them during nap time especially since they were so pricey, so I bought two regular bars. I *think* it came out okay, maybe slightly skimpy, but who’s going to notice with all that dulce de leche underneath, right?