Sara and I are off again! I promise you guys, my kids, my husband, myself, and an OB-GYN who thinks I’m a tiny bit crazy that we’re not going anywhere else (and by we, I mean my growing fetus and I–Sara’s anniversary is coming up) until I go to the hospital to have this baby. Except for a possible trip to Ikea because I need bookshelves. And cinnamon rolls.

I wanted something fun and easy and delicious for this Friday–I’m not sure everyone’s feeling pushed to the limit, but it seems like everyone I know is feeling pushed to the limit (who knew elementary school, preschool, 4-year-old dance class, and 7-year-old soccer could drive us all to a crazy place?). What do we all need? Besides a good spin class (okay, maybe not ALL of us) and a Xanax? Bacon. Always bacon.

For this dip, whisk together 1 1/2 cups high-quality plain Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup mayonnaise.

Stir in 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, 12 ounces cooked, crumbled bacon,

1 clove minced garlic, 1/4 cup finely minced green onion, 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice,

and 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar. Add black pepper and then season with kosher salt to taste. Cut 8 ounces of tomatoes in half and then rinse under cool water to remove the seeds and membranes.

Dice the tomatoes, then spread the dip into a serving dish

and then sprinkle with chopped tomatoes. Garnish with additional basil if desired. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving, then serve with crackers, chips, pita chips, and/or slices of warm bread.

Erin says:

This looks so yummy, I have to try it this weekend!

juli says:

Looks so good! By the way, your belly really did look cute in Sara’s post Wednesday :).

Macy says:

Favorite part of the recipe? “not Miracle Whip” Mayo lover/Miracle Whip hater that I am, for some reason that made me giggle.

Have a fabulous trip! Hugs to the TOFW crew from me!

Tiff says:

My goodness that looks delicious!! Grateful there’s no Miracle Whip involved.

Kelsey says:

If I were you my camera would be filthy dirty taking pictures while doing slicing, dicing and mixing. Although I may be the messiest cook in the world.

Mmmmmm Bacon.

Hey Ladies-
    Just letting you know I gave you the Versatile blogger award on my blog. If you’d like to check it out, here is the link: http://www.lifeshouldcostless.com/2012/04/i-got-this-award-from-stefanie-at.html Keep up the great work!

Laura says:

Love that this has bacon in it! Yum :)

You had me at bacon. Yes please! I gave my 14-month-old daughter bacon for the first time the other day. She started shaking her high chair so violently (for more) that I thought she was going to injure herself. Although I doubt that would be the first injury ever induced by a need for more bacon.

This sounds amazing! I’m always looking for new ways to jazz up dips–and this one sounds great. YUM.

Ellie says:

When I read this recipe on Friday I was having a hard time picturing what it would taste like. But tonight I noticed the picture with the tomatoes and realized that this is a BLT on chips and now I’m totally on board! It sounds like a perfect dip for a summer barbeque.

Kellie says:

Made this for my girlfriends and they all loved it! I served it with soft pita bread wedges. I may throw in some deseeded, diced cucumber next time.

Tricia Folsom says:

I love your little cup that measures liquid tablespoon – where can I find one? I just googled it but didn’t have any luck finding one. Thanks!

Rachael F. says:

Nice one Kate – can’t wait to give this once a try! Good luck with your growing bump!

Bacon makes everything better. I love this dip!

Jenny says:

I made this dip this past weekend and it was a huge hit! Very yummy with pita chips! Thanks for the recipe!

Marlee says:

this looks so yummy!

Sandee says:

Bacon and basil? Two of my favorites. Never put them together before but willing to try it. Looks great.

Rachelle says:

Thank you so much for this recipe!! I made it the other night and it didn’t last long! This is going to become a staple at my house!