You know what question Kate and I get a lot?  “How do you girls do it it all??”  Our schedules are full, just as many of yours are, and it comes with the constant struggle of balancing Mom-life with work-life.  And like most other Mothers out there, when it comes down to it and one has to take priority, the Mom gig wins- no contest.  If something has to fall through the cracks it’s not Mom thing; it’s usually the doing-laundry, cleaning-bathrooms, or showering-before-noon thing.  So to answer the question, how do we do it all?  Ha!  We don’t!  Those of you joining us at TOFW get to hear all about how we don’t do it all.  In fact, most times sometimes we barely keep it together!  The past few weeks have felt like that for me.  I’ve been traveling a lot, and working on some huge projects (we finished our book!), so when I got home the other day after spending the weekend in PA (SO much fun- thank you East Coasters for a great time!) the last thing I wanted to do was pull out my big camera and cook.  And then edit photos.  And then write a big recipe post for today.  What I did want to do?  Play with my kids.  Be goofy, be silly, be loud and crazy and do whatever they wanted to do.  I asked them what they wanted to do, and lucky for me (and you) they picked something that I thought would actually be fun to share with you!  So ironically, my intentions of turning off my blog brain back-fired, but it worked out in the end.  I got to play with my kids, and you get a fun kitchen craft.  Or something to entertain friends at the office when you’re tired of working.  Since I had no intentions of making a big ol’ photography project out of this fun little activity, I just snapped some quick photos on my Phone  and edited them right on my phone too, with the Thumba app.  Come next Monday I’ll have my brain fully functioning again and I’ll bust out my big camera have an amazing recipe for you!  Until then, let’s just play :)  This is sort of awesome.

We call these “Soap Clouds.”  Where are all of our chemical engineers?  I need to know why every awesome science project involving soap, hinges on the use of Ivory soap.  Thoughts?  Are there magical ingredients in there?  I’ve always wondered that.  I bet whoever came up with the original recipe never expected that so many science experiments would ensue with its use!  I think the same thing about Elmer’s glue.  Anyway, grab a bar of Ivory soap-yes, only Ivory!  It’s cheap, but don’t worry, you can even use it as soap when we’re done here so we’re not being wasteful.  So you don’t need to write us lengthy emails about being earth-hating-soap-haters.

Place a piece of waxed paper, parchment, plastic wrap, or paper towel in your microwave.  Just don’t use foil, or we’ll have issues on our hands that are much bigger than  your next burrito tasting slightly like a fresh mountain spring.  This really doesn’t make a mess, so don’t be scared.

Start your microwave for a couple of minutes on high power.  You don’t need to let it run that whole length of time, but you can just stop it when you need to.  Want to see what happens??  It’s a little hard to see through my microwave door, but check it out (and ignore me when I say you need to turn your microwave turntable off, that’s for if you’re trying to video this experience:))

Ten bonus points for anyone who can reference my children’s ramblings about “the great devourer.”

I don’t know how it does it- but it starts growing!  Sometimes the “clouds” are seriously HUGE, and other times they are sort of wimpy.  I’ve noticed generally, the fresher the soap (as in the more recent I have purchased it) the bigger the result.  We’ve done this a million times and my kids still get a kick out of it.

It looks like it should be foamy and wet, but it’s not.  You can actually pick up the whole big chunk.

If you smash it, it will break into pieces and you’ll end up with soap dust everywhere, so be careful with little hands who like to smash things :)

It’s the weirdest looking thing.  I love how it’s different every time.

Now.  You have a giant blob of dried soap fluff and your kids were entertained for a total of 3.5 minutes.  That’s a start!  Sometimes I let my kids just take the whole darn thing in the bath tub and have at it.  It’s one way to make sure they actually get cleaned in there.  Or sometimes I hold it up over them in the tub and let it “snow” by smashing it and letting it sprinkle down like little snow flakes.  Or, you can let them make their own little soaps.  First, put the fluff in a bowl and let them do what they’ve probably been trying to do already- smash it to smithereens. It just kind of falls apart, so it’s actually kind of fun.  And if it gets all over your counter, take my advice and sweep or vacuum it up first, then wipe it down.  Otherwise you’ll end up with a big soapy mess.

Then, either in a bowl with a spoon, or with an electric beater, or in a food processor, like I’m using, add warm water, just until it comes together.  Just like pie crust, folks!  This is why I love kitchen crafts.  To test it, grab some with your hands and hold it in your fist.  If it holds together in a ball, it’s ready.

Take the mold-able mixture and let kids press it into cookie cutters.  Make sure kids are old enough to know it’s not food, or they are likely to attempt to eat it!

These photos below are from a batch I made a while back, (and photographed with my regular camera) and I let my kids add just a couple of drops of food coloring to make colored soaps.  After the soaps are molded, but still wet, you can gently push them out of the molds.  Let them sit in a cool, dry place for a few days and soon you will have little soaps to wash (or play!) with.

Funny how my kids are always very interested in getting extra clean when it’s with soap they’ve made themselves.

Now go have some fun with your own kiddos today!  Or, just grab some soap and have fun in your office break room at lunch.  C’mon- you know you want to.

Reminder:  Once again, only use IVORY soap.  Lots of people asking this in the comments, or commenting they have a burned mess in their microwave because they didn’t read it earlier in the post!  Ivory!

Brought to you by the new AT&T Nokia Lumia 900.
Tasks. Joys. Simply Faster.

Most photos and all video in this post were taken with the Nokia Lumia 900 Windows Phone.  We are happy to partner with wonderful sponsors, but note sponsors do not provide our content, they provide products, tools and inspiration.  We were compensated for our participation in this campaign.

maddy 929 says:

it is a explosion of coolness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annie says:

I read this awhile back and last time I made laundry soap, I made a soap cloud rather than grating the soap. It crumbled so easily! It literally took all the work out of laundry soap making.

Heather Miller says:

i love this soap experiment! would love to do it in my class. I am from Durban, South Africa and was wondering if we have a similar brand of soap? Thanks for the cool idea!

Jeri Collins says:

As a little girl, I used to love Ivory soap. When I started crafting with Ivory, I would shape a ball (approximately the size of a hardball) out of it, while at the same time adding and thinly covering fresh, clean spearmint leaves from my garden near the surface of the ball. Then I would wrap each of the dry balls in a square of netting fabric tied at the top with an attractive bow. They make attractive guest soaps in your bathroom. It would be nice for the children to add a small toy favor in ones shown made here with cookie cutters.

Kimmie Hogan says:

This looks like fun. My boys are always looking for things they can “blow up” so to speak. What made you decide that microwavinga bar a soap sounded like a great idea??? I’m just a bit miffed my boys hadn’t thought of doing this years ago. I can’t wait to do this with them. They however will probablly turn it into a parlor trick, which will be fun. This will be a great hypothosis to throw out there for my 12 year old and have her come up with the outcome and then watch her brothers turn it into a parlor trick. FUN….FUN…..FUN!!!!!

Lois says:

Someone may have said this already – but way back up in comment #3 – Kim said it dissolves more quickly thus creating the need to buy more soap sooner. That is true but it is also true that it dissolves more quickly because of the chemicals that are NOT in it. I’d rather buy it more often – than have the chemicals and it is still the least expensive soap on the market.

Thanks for this – my daughter is going to love it!

Laurian says:

Not sure if anyone has let you know but it’s because Ivory soap is aerated, not many soaps are created this way and this is why it expands. Most soaps are compressed, so it won’t expand ivory soap has thousands of tiny air bubbles which is also why the drier (older) the soap is the less bubbles it has. ( I learned this from Steve Spangler science :) )

Nancy Britton says:

I found you on Pinterest and am really excited to try your ivory soap project with my 6 and 3 yr old grandaughters. thank you for doing such a great job sharing!

Thanks for this idea! I cut a bar into four pieces so for $1.50 I can do this 12 times. Worked great. Lots of fun.

When making it into bar soap again, would it be okay to add a couple drops of an essential oil or something? It would be nice to make some scented ones. Maybe mix it with green tea powder or something along those lines. Or baking cocoa. Both of those are good for the skin. Super curious about your opinion on that cause these could make fantastic gifts xD. As well as my own personal use. Does it end up making more soap than you started with or condense back down?

Could putting natural exfoliants in it be a good idea?

Someone let me know what they think of these ideas.

Tracy says:

Thanks for sharing!!!! This brings back many memories of Christmas when I was a child. My mother used to create this same effect by using a box of Ivory “flakes”. (People I mention this to, have never head of it.) I have not been able to find how she made the “snowy” consistancy. All I remember is that she used water (i think?) and ivory flakes and whipped them until soft peaks formed. We would then put our hands in the bowl and spread the foam on the branches of our Christmas tree. This would harden on the branches and look exactly like “snow” and I will remember always the great smell of the snow and the pine together and laying aside the bright lights…the only thing missing was SANTA!

Susan says:

From Wikipedia: This soap powder was used by many people at Christmas time after World War II to create a fake snow to put on live Christmas trees. A box of Ivory Snow combined with boiling water, mixed and whipped up with an electric mixer, produced a “mock snow”. It was applied by hand wearing rubber gloves and rubbing the mixture all over the tree. It dried to a firm consistency and dripped down, looking like real snow. Mica flakes or white glitter were then sprinkled on top of the snowy mixture. The tree sat for about an hour before the garland and ornaments were added. Commercial aerosol cans of fake faux snow replaced this method starting in the 1960s.

kelsey says:

Does it make the food you microwave after this taste like soap?

Dee says:

Can you actually form this by hand into something? I was thinking that this would be a cute way to make a 3-D snowman ornament.

Natalie says:

Will the food coloring turn their skin colors?

Elizabeth says:

I am going to try this with my sons asap! I do have a question though, I didn’t see it asked so I will :D

Does this affect your microwave at all? (Leaving a soapy smell, or tainting the flavors of food that goes in there) That is my only concern. I don’t want to microwave a bowl of corn and it taste like soap.

Any thoughts on those who have done this would be appreciated. Thanks so much for posting this!!

Susan says:

I’ve had more soap stuff in my microwave during the last decade than any sane person should and I haven’t had a problem. A good way to remove odors from your microwave is to put 1 cup water and 1 cup white vinegar in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for about 10 minutes (you want it to boil for a few minutes). Carefully remove the bowl and wipe the inside of the microwave with a paper towel or soft cloth.

Angela says:

Made this today with my kids. So fun!! Now they have their very own homemade soaps!!

divajess says:

We did this, and it is as awesome as is it sounds.
    However, once it got crumbly and snow-like, we all started crazy sneezing!

Any recommendations?

Alan says:

We just need a science teacher to chime in on why this works, and this will be a great learning experience too!

Ivory says:

cool! LOL!

willow says:

i could use this for my science project thanks

Renee Whiten says:

We were so excited to do this with the kids today. Got Ivory, put it in on some wax paper, stuck it in the micro and it barely puffed, but it did burn. Smoked and burned. A lot. Not sure what went wrong.

Sue says:

This looks like a fun project for my grandkids and I to try! Thank you for being creative.

Melanie says:

Of course…..as one Lego mom to another….the Great Devourer is from Lego Ninjago!!!!

Veta says:

I don’t want to use food coloring. Are there natural dyes that can be added?

Amanda says:

Well this didn’t work for me … My soap was quite old tho it sort of just split into prices and burned

Kathy says:

Thanks for the neat idea! I think this will be perfect for my Girl Scout troop!

Christina says:

This is a great Idea can’t wait to try it, but what did you use for the coloring just food coloring, will that stain there hands? Or did you use something else?

I just used a tiny bit of regular food coloring, but you can buy coloring specifically for soaps at craft stores if you prefer that.

Christine says:

My children are grown and I will become a grandparent in April (first time) but this looked so amazing I had to try it by my self! The soap did as said and “grew” very large in my microwave. I added the food coloring and pressed it into my cookie cutters… my problem was getting them out. If you have any “tips” on getting them out of the cookie cutters whole? I want this fun project down pat by the time my grandchildren are old enough to do this with me!

Kristen says:

The reason that only Ivory soap works, as I have recently found out from Pintrest, is that Ivory soap is made with lots of air bubbles in it! That’s why you can do this experiment :)

Thanks for sharing. I tried and it worked for me. Please check out my version here:
    I only added minor changes.

Maya

Lori says:

Thank you for posting!!Did this today with my 7 & 10 year old… So much fun & super easy…Bonus: Kitchen smells so fresh & clean ;-)

Debbie Sawyer says:

Dearest Sara,
    I cannot hardly wait for my grandchildren to come over and try this. This is the coolest things I’ve ever seen. We love to do crafts and what a mess it becomes at times. However, they are kids once and the time will come that they push the grands away for their own friends. I’ll let you know how it turns out. And thank you so much. May you and your family have a wonderful New Year.

Debbie Sawyer

Debra says:

We just did this and what fun!!! My 3 year old broke my soap dispenser today, and I was sad for a second…stumbled upon your site! Thank you so much for sharing!!! Who needs a soap dispenser, we have two green snowflakes, a blue train and a green and blue owl drying! Thank YOU! : )

Pam says:

I tried Jergens Mild and it worked too. Then I tried doing Fels Naptha. It didn’t fluff like the Jergens but it did look like bread. It is now my preferred method to make soap powder for homemade laundry detergent. I have pictures of how I did it.

Susan says:

The Fels Naptha is a hard soap bar and has a higher lye content than softer soaps like Ivory. That’s probably why it didn’t fluff as much.

Kim M says:

I plan to do this with my Grandsons next time they come in. Thank You. I love your site…

Hedy says:

That is AWESOME! I can’t wait to try this!

teresa neece says:

hi your love site. but i need to let you know that i am in the process of a patent application for the soap cloud since 2011. would really like to talk to you about tks T.neece

rachel says:

that is awesome! i do have a quick question though. can you use another brand of soap or is it just thde ivory king of soap?

Tiffany says:

Mind blown!! I cannot wait to try this! Thank you so much for the tutorial. I’ve included this in my weekly roundup of useful sites at http://www.doomestic.com Thanks again!!

K says:

The great devour!,,, the great devour is unleashed. Ninja go I assume :)

Danx says:

is ivory a brand? i havnt heard of it-but i was at a science fair recently and the organiser said any cheapo soap would work,have yet to try it though

Susan says:

Danx, Ivory is a brand of soap. Most other bars in the U.S. are actually detergent and may behave differently in your project. Fels Naptha is another brand of soap that should work.

Karen says:

For those of us who use Ivory to make laundry detergent doing this would be easier than grating the bar with a grater. Thanks for the tip

Debbie says:

“great devourer” is Ninjago, and it looks really cool! I want to try it some time.

Lynn says:

This is awesome. I have never seen this done in a microwave. I don’t have any grandchildren but next time I have some little ones over I will take them to the Dollar General and let them pick out their own cookie cutters and surprise them with this project. It will differently keep them entertained and we can make a surprise gift for their mom’s. Thank you for taking the time to share this info; pictures and all. Love it…and your an awesome mom!

Huge Success! My kids loved it. I had to hush their cries of excitement because daddy is asleep!

donna brannigan says:

Hi i am from Australia. Is there a soap in Australia i can use as i have never heard of ivory soap.

Susan says:

Donna, you should be able to any bar that actually says it’s soap. In the U.S. most bars that people consider soap are actually detergent bars. Ivory is one of few actual soap bars. Good Luck!

Trevin -age 9 says:

we liked this project!And the great devour is from Ninjago its a giant snake that grows when it eats.

Deborah Johnson says:

I write technical documentation as part of my job & I just want to compliment you on the incredible instructions on making soap clouds. They were easy to understand. Didn’t say things like do this but do this first. The pictures were fantastuc. Both my husband & I want to run to the store & buy a bar of Ivory right now.

Susan says:

The reason most soap projects specifically state Ivory is because it is actually one of a few widely avaialable soaps — most others (Safeguard, Coast, Iris Spring, Dial, etc) are actually detergents! If you read the labels none of them actually say they are soap. They will not behave the same way in a lot of projects.

frananny says:

OMG. I am 60 and my 40 year old daughters are coming for a visit. I can’t wait to do this. Looks like FUN!

Denise says:

I am a nanny to a 7 year old girl who loves science, I can’t wait to do this with her tomorrow! Thanks

Colleen says:

Doesn’t the food coloring make your kids turn colors when they use the soap?

Crislyn neff says:

Awesome. Gonna do it with my little one!

Jessica says:

The Great Devourer – must be Ninjago!!

Debby Berg says:

This looks like such a perfect project for kids, but the trouble is that at some point they might try to do this when they are unsupervised long enough to stick a bar fo soap in the microwave. I have grandsons that would DEFINITELY try this on their own if grammy & papa or mom & dad weren’t looking for 5 minutes. With that being said, I have granddaughters who would be likewise inclined to do something like this if mom was reading and not paying close enough attention. Has anyone had this experience? I ask because I want to know how it turned out and did the kids turn the kitchen into a carmelized soap factory? If the answer is at all positive, I may try this at home.

Debi says:

well, we of course had to try another soap, before i read your note… :) haha!! I’m just like the kids ;0
    …WOW – Dove for Sensitive Skin started to go, but then burned and left a TOXIC FUME! in our kitchen! :)
    What fun! I do in home developmental therapy and we are doing clouds nexxt week (Eric Carle’s Little Cloud, It Looked Like Spilt Milk, etc) – can’t WAIT to show the families this one! Thanks for the wonderful idea!!

Gerda says:

I’m in Australia is there a similar soap that anyone can recommend

ReneeZ says:

My two grandsons just finished with this project and they had a ball. No problem getting them to hop in the tub with this trick!!:-)

Georgette Dupont says:

What a great idea for kids craft. Creative and inexpensive. Exciting for the kids to do.

Kerry-Lee says:

Has anyone discovered any other versions of this with other soap brands available in Australia? As we would love to try it but we don’t get Ivory soap over here.

Gr81gkar says:

“the great devourer” = Ghost Busters!

Dawn says:

This is the best website I have ever come across! I love all your ideas and am very excited to try these things! Thank you!

Kayleen says:

Love the idea, live in Australia, shall look for Ivory soap,if none, will have to experiment, fun idea for my grandchildren, Ta

Julie J says:

I am trying this during art this week with my preschoolers for sure! Our coordinator is also so fascinated that she is joining us. We will then display our “art work” at our big fundraiser this weekend. Other teacher friends of mine have done these at church…now I will try them in the public school setting.

Kat says:

The great devourer i believe is a refrence to the slime in the microwave in ghostbusters:D

I absolutely love this idea! Question: does the food coloring stain your hands once it’s reused as soap?

No, I just use a tiny bit, but if you’re concerned you can always use coloring specifically designed for soap making (available at craft stores)

IVORY soap was a total mistake made by a new employee in the blending process. He forgot to turn off the machine and when he realized his mistake after an extended period he kept it to himself and they processed, packaged it and sent it out. Not long after people wrote the company praising them for inventing soap that floats. Previously all the soaps mostly lye sank to the bottom of the tubs or whatever making the person dig for it. Well they investigated and the employee fessed up to his mistake and the most famous soap in history was born.

We like this process as you can mold it into little ghosts… lol

Michele says:

When my son was young we put Marshmallows in the microwave because he wanted them warm-they too grow to amazing proportions! Just be careful to not leave them in for more than 10-20 seconds at a time…

Lisa says:

What makes Ivory soap different is that it started as a scam. They blow air into the soap as it’s forming. That’s why it floats. But it also means that there’s a lot less soap in a bar of Ivory than there is in a bar of regular soap. Which made the company a ton of money.

When you nuke it, the little air bubbles throughout the bar heat and expand, which is what makes the soap do what it does.

In case you wanted to know.

Jodie says:

Food coloring? Won’t it stain hands & such? It does on counters, clothing, and hands by itself.

Cissy says:

Way back when I was a kid in the early 60′s we did a craft in school with Ivory Snow Flakes and Tempra paints and it resulted in a puffy art project. Unfortunately they don’t make Ivory Flakes anymore. I still remember how fun that was. Does anyone still remember this?

Renee says:

Don’t some homemade laundry detrgents call for Ivory bar soap. Wonder if it would make it too dry to use or add extra water back in. I was just thinking it would be more fun and easier than grating it.

Debby J says:

This is so cool!!! I will have to do this with my grand-kids. :)

Adriana says:

For those of you using Ivory as your bar of choice for hands, bathing or to make laundry detergent check the link provided for its toxicity profile. Great database to check your favorite products and choose better options when possible.

Natalie ._c- says:

Maybe you aren’t old enough to remember when Ivory advertised itself as
    99 and 44/100% pure. I’m guessing that they were dissing the additives that were found in other soaps, but maybe that’s why Ivory works and the others don’t. Even if they’re not using that advertising line any more.

This looks like great fun and make a homemade gift at the same time. The Great Devourer may be from Nijago Masters of Spinjitsu which is giant evil snake.

cheryl says:

Found you and this post through Pinterest. This looks like a fun project. Looking forward to picking up some Ivory on grocery day! Thanks for the paragraph on “doing it all.” It is easy for me to slip into feeling like I just can’t keep up. I really appreciate the reminder that I don’t have to. :)

maroulla says:

Does anyone know a soap which works in the UK?

Melissa says:

Can you use any soap or does it have to be Ivory soap?

Kellie says:

The great devourer in from Ninjago :) My boys loved that show too.

Eleni says:

Does it make whatever you cook in the microwave after doing this, taste weird?

Doris says:

I have used ivory dish washing liquid as my bubble bath for years. I never have to scrub my bath tub. Wondering if this ivory cloud turns to dust when maashed if i could not put the dust in a jar and use it as my bubble bath.

Charlotte says:

My oh my, it was fun & I’m 30. I’ll pin the after of my free formed soap cloud cakes when they dry. Check out my finished product on my Pinterest page Charlotte Flewelling!

I can’t wait it try this with my 4 and 8 year old. Think they will probably want to use their lego and lego men molds.

This was so cool we loved it and we reconstructed the soap in the food processor with green food coloring. We put them in a dinosaur muffin tin & popped them out for party favors.

Lisa Williams says:

Thanks for the idea! Mine didn’t morph that much, though. Our microwave is really powerful–maybe I should’ve put the power at 80% or something. Will try it again. :)

Gabrielle says:

Hi there, I’m from Australia and have never heard if ivory soap. Do you know what the ingredient in the soap I need too look for? Many thanks

Kimberly says:

This is going on our list of ‘must try’. As for the great devour. Yes, I am very familiar with Ninjago ;)

NatNat says:

I was thinking the great devourer was a refering to fantastic four with the silver surfer you know with the devourer of worlds. Guess I just like superheroe references.

Sasha says:

It didn’t work

Dawn says:

Don’t get it in your eyes it stings.

Tracey Bishop says:

Use Ivory soap because it has air whipped in it. That is why it floats.

Katie Laflin says:

What a great idea. Gets your microwave clean too. :) Ours blew up a little to big and stuck to the inside microwave wall. Just wiped down with a sponge and good to go (Microwave needed a cleaning anyway). One suggestion is to make sure you’ve got something on the floor to catch the soap flakes. Kids are having a blast. Thank you for the pinterest post.

Ka Kala says:

Has anyone done a test to see if he chemical compound changes in any way? I would love to see the results.
    Thank you.

Steve Empey says:

The reason this works so well is because unlike other bar soap, Ivory is really foam. It is made up of microscopically small air bubbles. That’s why it floats. When heated, the air in the bubbles expands, making it do its magic..

This is so cool! Definitely trying this…
    I’ve seen this on many blogs but yours was TOTALLY the best one! :)
    You have such a great blog… Informative but HILARIOUS!!
    Thanks for sharing!!!
    Lego Ninjago, right?? LOL!

Jilleen A says:

My daycare kidos (ages 2-6) LOVED this! The shapes were crazy the flakes were everywhere!It was a great actitity! Even my “too cool” 13 yr. old son joined the fun! Their all thrilled with their own soap they get to take home!

Mae says:

Just tried it….

He LOVED it! Had a ball. And a square. And, a few other odd shapes in between play and bath time.

Thanks! I’ll take whatever create FOCUS time I can get!

I’ve added this activity to my ‘Tried&True’ file, and even blogged about it with several links back to this site. If you’d like to check it out, it’s here (http://customaed.com/products-page/pinterest-triedtrue-ivory-soap-fun/).

Thanks for the tip!
    Mae

amber says:

Sara, you mentioned in the post you hadn’t found the science behind this yet. here is a link to a site that explains why ivory soap works and others don’t. Just thought you might like to know. it also has tons of other cool experiments to try. http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/lab/experiments/soap-souffle hope this helps.

Susanne says:

Ninjago!

Saw this on youtube. Kinda amazing how a bathroom soap can expand that huge.

Lindsey Lasson says:

btw the Great Devourer is a really big snake that grows with everything he eats…. maybe hes talking about how the soap grows really fast??? :P idk :)

briony says:

WHERE CAN YOU BUY THIS SOAP IN AUSTRALIA ??? I cant find it anywhere :)?

Tammy says:

I tried it today and it was a total. Flop. :-( it must have been old, we tried twice, first one burned in the middle ( there was a bigvair bubble) the second only split into 4 pieces lengthwise but I can still pull it apart, I was thinking of crumbling it up and coloring it and making some special floating colored bath bombs just for kids, just for something different, I’m going to see what happens anyway, I will try again with a fresh bar, I had this in my linen closet for who knows how long LoL.

Joanna @The Backroads Girl says:

I just saw this on Pinterest today ~ love the texture of Ivory soap and can’t wait to try this with my little ones, so thank you! And ha ha ~ we are watching Ninjago on Netflix right now :)

Matt says:

Ivory soap does indeed work the best but Lever 2000 and Dial work almost as good. Irish Spring, Coast, Safeguard, and Fels-Naphtha laundry soap work too if that’s all you have. Lava and Zest are disappointing, and Olay is just pitiful. But whatever you do, don’t use something like a 4000 Flushes toilet cake, it will smoke A LOT and stink up the place. And the toilet cake won’t even expand or melt, I know this from experience.

Chaleena Watson says:

I make home made laundry detergent and I do this with the ivory soap and fels naptha(spelling) because you either have to grate the soap or microwave it and crush it into small pieces. Now when I make my homemade detergent I can start out by letting the kids have fun watching it grow in the microwave and then they can crumble it up for me. I will do 2 bars so they have one bar to make the individual colored soaps with.