It seems every blogger has their favorite platform to connect with their fans. For some it’s twitter, for others it’s instagram, for us, it’s always been Facebook. We love how many of you interact with us there, and use our page to ask questions, give us feedback, and humor our sometimes ridiculous status updates (remember the time I accidentally dumped chipotle chili powder in my oatmeal with blueberries??) not to mention our many, many cell phone pictures from random aisles in Target. Thank you for sharing our recipe links with your friends and helping to spread the OBB love. We can’t tell you all enough, how much we truly appreciate you. To celebrate surpassing 50,000 facebook fans, we promised a giveaway! I thought it was cute that when we asked for ideas of what to give away, many of you suggested one of our new cookbooks. While that is a fabulous idea (and coming soon, too!) we were thinking bigger. Much bigger, at least when it comes to the price!
Here’s the deets, folks! One lucky Facebook Fan is going to get their choice of a shiny new 16 GB ipad (you pick the color!) with all of these nifty features:
- High-resolution Retina display
- 2048-by-1536-pixel resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- iSight camera: 5-megapixel with autofocus; tap to focus; face detection in still images; video recording, HD (1080p) up to 30 frames per second with audio; video stabilization
- FaceTime camera with VGA-quality photos and video at up to 30 frames per second
- Photo and video geotagging
- Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
- Up to 9 hours of surfing the web using cellular data network
- Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system
Before you go leave that comment, let me show you something (this is important; please read!) Because of some changes to Facebook, many of you aren’t seeing our status updates in your news feed. But there’s an easy way to fix that! If you’re a Facebook fan, hop on over to our Facebook page and you just need to hover your mouse over that “like” button and you’ll see this little menu:
Just make sure that “Show in News Feed” is checked. That’s it! Now you’ll be able to keep up on all of the latest from OBB (and we promise not to be obnoxious and post 5,000 times a day.) That’s usually where you first hear about events, book info, new posts, and more.
HOW TO ENTER:
- We would love it if you kept up with us on Facebook!
-Leave one comment on this blog post telling us something awesome. We don’t care what it is, but if it’s along the lines of, “Give me an iPad, you big jerk,” that is not awesome.
- Since we’re celebrating social media here, we’ll give ya a bonus entry for pinning the image below to Pinterest. Leave one separate comment stating you did.
Winner will be announced on or after August 20th.