Posted in General News

We can’t believe our book is finally coming out this week! Tomorrow! We’re going to be traveling this week for all sorts of book-related festivities (and if you have any happy thoughts/prayers/good vibes to send my way as I fly with a nursing 2-month-old, I will TAKE them!), so we’re going to be posting all sorts of giveaways, games, and other fun things this week (and don’t forget that you’re invited to our launch event this Thursday at Orson Gygi in Salt Lake City!)

Unlike our last book, which was mostly available in the western US and online, this book will be sold in Barnes and Noble, Walmart, Sam’s Club, and Costco nationwide. Like, you can bet all your toes that I will be taking pictures tomorrow in my Walmart and Sam’s Club in semi-rural Louisiana.

Pictures like this one:

Yep, that’s me in all my 10:30 pm glory, dark circles and messy hair..

Now we wanna see your pictures! We want to see where you find the book, and help others find it too.   So here’s the deal:

If you’ve ordered a copy, take a pic with it when it arrives.
If you happen to see it while you’re out and about, snap a picture with it!

The crazier the photo, the better.  Post the picture on YOUR facebook page and be sure to tag us (or we won’t see it!) If you don’t know how to tag, just put the @ sign before “Our Best Bites” and our page will pop up and you can select it.  Note that our page will only show up if you’ve “liked” it already.  (We’ve heard tagging fan pages doesn’t work on mobile devices, boo!  But it should work just fine from your computer!)  We’re giving away some awesome prizes near the end of the week and not only will these pics get you an extra entry, but we’ll also be giving away prizes to our favorite pictures! Be sure to tell us where you found it (you don’t have to be super specific, but tell us what store you found it in or ordered it from and, if you feel comfortable, your general location).  And feel free to get creative. You could take a picture of the book with your baby!

Or your dog!

You could plank in weird places with it! You could play hide and seek in the club-sized hand sanitizer! You could make a recipe and post a picture with the book! We just wanna see your best pictures.

Where to Find Savoring the Seasons with Our Best Bites:

Deseret Book (in stores and online)
Amazon
Walmart (in stores and online)
Sam’s Club
Costco
Barnes and Noble (in stores and online)

It also may be available in other bookstores and you can always special order it if you can’t find it.

We’re super excited to see you and your books! Happy snapping!

Patti says:

I can’t wait to get my grubby little hands on the book. Excited beyond description!

Danelle says:

I don’t know where else to ask this so I am trying here. If I make white chicken chili as a freezer meal how do I warm it up to eat it? I was planning to freeze it in a big ziplock? Can you put the whole frozen thing on the stove or what? Can’t wait for the book and launch party!!!

Yep, you could pop it into the crockpot and let it heat up all day, you could thaw it and then heat it up on the stove, or you could cover it in a big pot and heat it on low, stirring it frequently. Hope that helps!

Barbie says:

Oh, I hope it shows up in Walmart, Sams club, or Barnes and Noble here in Pensacola, Florida!

Rebecca says:

Congratulations, Kate and Sara! I’ll be sending good thoughts your way! Kate, your little guy is so totally adorable!

Mine is pre-ordered and I cannot wait for it’s arrival!! :D

Jenn says:

My advice for flying with a little guy: nurse him during take off! It’s worked for both of my boys. (and then they slept the rest of the flight…) can’t wait to get the new cookbook!

Julie says:

Also nurse during the landing, the sucking helps their ears to pop with the elevation descent.

• Ellie says:

Just don’t get stuck in the middle seat next to a little old lady that says, “oh, you’re going to FEED him!” like she’s never met an actual mother before. BTW, if you use a baby bjorn or other carrier at home I”d take it on your flight b/c you can strap him in and have free hands while you snuggle him all the way to your destination. Good luck! And I can’t wait for my book to come. Yea!

Sharon says:

Mine came in the mail last Friday and I’m already loving it!!!! Thank you! :)

Andrea says:

Love the baby picture!!! Especially the arm out of the swaddle. So cute! Is baby coming along? If so you’ll be fine on the flight nursing. Pumping might be a different story. I’m right there with you, mine is almost four months. We just got back from traveling to Brazil and the baby probably did the best. Good luck and congrats on the book!!!

Holly says:

How exciting for you both! Congrats and I can’t wait to smile when I see your book at Costco!!

Melinda says:

Mine came last Friday too! It was better than Christmas.

Ruth says:

You can bet your bottom dollar that I will be planting heavy hints to the hubs that this recipe book will be at Costco and just in time for my birthday! After I unwrap it I will prop it onto my giant preggy tummy for a photo shoot. :)

Laurel says:

Will it ever be available digitally? I’d really love to get it on my iPad.

Wendy Perkins says:

Oooh. I was going to go to Costco today – maybe I’ll hold off till tomorrow! I still look for your first book whenever I go, no luck there. I hope this one makes it to NJ.

LadyG says:

Flying with young babies is FANTASTIC – - seriously. nursing or not, one of the best ages to travel!!! i think mobility til about 2.5 is the hardest! i’ve flown with ALL my kids (4 of them) when nursing & they were easy peasy – some more than others, but not one nightmare in the bunch!! even a few “OH! i didn’t know there were any kids on this flight comments” yeah, we felt pretty awesome. so – good luck & happy flying!!!

P.S. have you made your lovely pies-in-a-jar with stone fruits, eg. peaches?? i have TONS o’ fruit & would love to do some to use for holiday gifts & such during the winter doldrums when we need a taste of summer!

Amie says:

I am buying mine this weekend at Time Out in Denver. See you there!

Sandy @ RE says:

Congrats, Ladies.

I’m so excited for you both!

XO

Amanda Pye says:

Just wondering whether your book will be available in the UK… and if so, when…? I’m thinking maybe Costco over here…? I have your first one and I use it a LOT! Can’t wait to see the second book! :))

xx

Leesa W says:

Love those pictures!! Heading to Walmart tonight to see if we can find it. And here are some **happy vibes ** for your travels with the wee one. Take a good nursing cover (I was SO thankful for mine when I flew with our son), and you all will be great. Not a bad age to fly with, really. :)

Leesa W says:

OH, just kidding, we are going TOMORROW to check Walmart… I just realized what day it was. Ha!

Sue says:

I will be on the lookout immediately at Walmart & Sam’s Club. I had a heck of a time finding the first book but “watch out” once I found it. It is literely falling apart… LOL Can’t wait to get the new one!

Kay Scott-Boyd says:

I’ll go to our
    sam’s here in St Louis tomorrow and hopefully find it! Really congrats on your exciting accomplishment!

Jessica says:

I want to get mine signed!! Are you visiting Washington anytime soon?

Happy for you with the new book! I can’t wait to get my copy, I love the first book!

Carie says:

Mine arrived today!!!!!! :)

Congrats on your latest cookbook! You girls are so talented! I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy and add it to your other book on my book shelf!

michelle says:

Congrats on the new book! I love the last one. As far as flying with baby, I suggest a good baby carrier or wrap and wear baby through the airport and then nurse, nurse, nurse on the plane. :) Don’t care about others- it’s a new baby who’s gotta eat!! We just flew with my then-11 month old and did the same, lol. Good baby carriers- Boba, Beco, or a stretchy wrap like Moby or SleepyWrap. Good luck!

jenn says:

Whooo hooo, Got mine today at Wal-Mart in Tampa, FL! Even though my family now eats a plant based diet, (no meat, no dairy, oil or almost any processed foods) I still got your cook book. I have the first one and love it. I check your site daily and use many of your recipes. I am able to convert a lot of them with my substitutes. We just had Your Black Bean Soup last night! My 5 year old ate 3 big bowls! This is a staple we have to have at least once every 10 days. Love Love the new Cook Book! You Both did a Wonderful job. Thank you for making such simple and Yummy recipes.

meredith says:

Thrilled to find this at Costco today … And only two copies left at 11am!!! Congratulations girls!!

meredith says:

I’m in LOVE!! I’ve only been through the summer section and already have 10 recipes I need to make THIS WEEk!! Thank You Thank You Kate and Sarah!! Happy day :-)

teeny jones says:

Time to celebrate! A new baby and a new book!!!!!

Kirsten says:

YAY! Mine is coming in the mail! And I would totally take a 2 month old on the plane over a 2 year old. We just flew from Atlanta to Utah and it wasn’t pretty.

Shelby says:

Saw your book today at Costco…right next to Hunger Games :)
    As far as flying with baby, definitely ‘wear’ him if you have some sort of baby wrap. It’s nice to have free hands and then when he is sleeping you can relax without feeling like you might fall asleep and drop him. Good luck!

sandy says:

So excited! And just in time for fall! I’ll head over to Costco tomorrow and check it out…literally! :)

Karen says:

flew with two of mine when they were 2 months old and that was my favorite time to fly with them. I nursed them on take off and landing and they pretty much slept the rest of the time. have fun!

Oh my gosh….look at your sweet BABY!!! ♥ Congratulations on both of your new creations! :)

Amber Palmer says:

OK, so I posted a picture on facebook, and tagged you guys in it, but I don’t see it on your facebook page. How do I know you’ll see it?

garysgirl says:

Awww, your little guy is sooooo cute!!!

Kate carter says:

I have a pic to share but no facebook:( How can I share??

Adrianne says:

I just ordered mine on amazon!! Yay for free 2-day shipping!

Cindy Mizer says:

I work at a library and I’ve recommended your new book for our collection. We have your first one and I love it!.

amy s says:

I am so excited for your book, I am buying it on my way home tonight!!

Auntiepatch says:

My birthday is in November & your cookbook is on my Amazon Wish List!

nancy ward says:

I’m not so patiently awaiting my preordered book to arrive. I want to look thru it. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day, it shipped last week.

Nelly says:

Would love this book! Love the colors! Recipes look delish!

Meghan Finley says:

I’ve been looking in my area and haven’t seen it. Hope to find it in Costco tomorrow. Haven’t checked there yet!

heidi burlingame says:

I love your books and I am excited to try out all the new recipes!

Nikki says:

When is this contest over?

Wendy Perkins says:

It took me 3 tries but I found it. I took a picture and posted it on facebook but when I went to tag it “Our Best Bites” wouldn’t come up. I tried it with and without the @, and yes, I’ve liked your page. :(

I could email it,but I can’t find your address anywhere.