Posted in General News

AK says:

This is beautiful, and a wonderful idea.

I’m putting put luminaries on Friday night to honor the victims, and really the entire town, and would love for people to join me in lighting up the night. http://www.facebook.com/LightForSandyHook

Michelle says:

Thank you!

CrystalLee says:

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing what all of us are feeling.

Tina Reeve says:

Thank you! We will gather close to our little ones today.

Lisa says:

I will take a moment of silence tomorrow…Since I’ve already posted today. Fabulous idea…my heart is breaking, too.

Yesterday we took our kids to the local school and released balloons to honor the victims. It was such a sweet and heartbreaking moment as I held all four of my kids, healthy and alive, and thought of all that was lost. Thanks for this – much loved.

JP says:

Will go back to my preschool class and be glad that each child is healthy and happy and as safe as can be in this world. Thanks for your words of comfort to those families who will never be the same.

Auntiepatch says:

Amen.

Liz says:

Well said, thank you for your sensitivity and thoughts. There are no words.

Donna Hannon says:

Amen, Amen! God Bless you for remembering all those who have suffered from this tragedy, and may God Bless all who are experiencing a difficult time this Christmas season.
    . Donna

garysgirl says:

Beautiful post!

Robyn says:

Amen. Beautifully said.

Valerie says:

Thank you!

Patricia says:

We “endure to the end”, but sadly, it comes too soon for so many. We are all saddened to our very cores for the families of all these very dear children.

Amy says:

I was trying to teach the 3rd verse of “Away In A Manger” in Primary on Sunday and I just started to weep as I sang “Bless all the dear children in thy tender care, and fit us for Heaven to live with thee there.” I don’t think I have ever been so emotionally affected by a tragedy.

Amy Jackson says:

Thank you for the example that you ladies are. Mahalo nui!!!!

Holly says:

I continue to pray for the families of Newtown, Connecticut. I was listening to Matthew West and Mandisa’s song, “Christmas Makes Me Cry,” and immediately got goose bumps thinking of the families and children at the opening line. “I think of loved ones who’ve passed away and I pray they’re resting in a better place. I think of memories of years gone by, and sometimes Christmas makes me cry.” I realized that these families will always hold that same feeling within their hearts at Christmas, that their dreams of Christmas have been forever altered. Yet a few stanzas later it says, “Tears of faithfulness, tears of hope, I cry tears of joy at Christmas because I know there is peace on earth for every heart to find… and that’s why Christmas makes me cry.” It reminds us of the most powerful and loving gift that God gave us on Christmas, and no one in all their armor and metal will ever be able to take that away, let alone exceed the power that we find in the ultimate Christmas gift. I think that’s the only way crying tears of joy even makes sense to me, too. Please keep praying for the families affected during this Christmas season. God Bless

Diane Cooper says:

What a wonderful post. Thank you.
    Diane Cooper

Linda L. says:

Thank you.

April G. says:

What a heart felt post. Tell & show your loved one just how much you love them everyday! My heart goes out to the loved ones that were lost on Fridays tragedy.

Melinda says:

As a teacher and mom Thank you for the wonderful, heartfelt post!!

erin says:

Thank you for posting this. This has affect all of us greatly, but I think mostly those who have elementary school children. What a heartache. Thank you for this lovely reminder on what is most important.

Allison says:

Yahoo!! I love, love, love prah-leens. My husband is flying home from New Orleans today and bringing a pound for me…ah, I do love yummy Christmas presents. Thanks for the recipe!

Gentry says:

Thank you for being so thoughtful.