Oh, you betcha.  We’re really doing this.

Why?  Because who wouldn’t want a fresh picked bouquet of salt-cured meat?  It’s possibly the most romantic display of affection, ever.

I love you more than bacon Printable

Remember this tutorial on cute little felt rosettes?  Sort of the same thing going on here.  But with bacon.  Oooh, is anyone else having visions of a bacon wreath now?  Just me?  Okay.  Anyway, take a strip of bacon and roll it up.  Most strips of bacon have a “meaty” edge and a “fatty” edge.  You’ll want the meaty edge to be the top of the flower, so keep the fatty edge aligned at the bottom.  On a side-note, I think that’s the first time I’ve used the terms “meaty” and “fatty” when describing flowering shrub.  I knew I went into horticulture for a reason…

Keep a pair of clean scissors nearby as well.  If your bacon is oddly shaped you may need to snip off a bit after you roll to make it lay nicely.  Now, I’ve seen lots of ways to make these after my sister first sent me a link, and some of them called for ridiculous things like drilling holes through a mini muffin pan.  There’s no need to ruin your best bakeware here, just grab some toothpicks.  Insert them in the bottom of the roll, keeping them both as close to the bottom of the bacon as possible and close to each other. You can actually do this without toothpicks, but it’s a little safer with them, since sometimes the bacon comes unraveled.

This not only holds the bacon together, but it creates a little stand for it, so it doesn’t topple over during cooking.  Place those little beauties on a rack, sitting over a foil-lined baking sheet.  Cooking them on a rack lets the bottoms cook as well so you don’t end up with mushy-bottomed flowers.  Because that would be an atrocity.

Pop them in a 400 degree oven for 20-30 minutes.  The outside should be crisped and browned, and the inside won’t be crisp, but it will be cooked.

After my little rosebuds came out of the oven, I realized I wanted a heftier flower in there, and thus was born- the jumbo bacon flower:

Just layer on another strip.  That’s a real man-flower, there.

Now, for such a thing as glorious as a bacon flower, you really need to display it tastefully.  Super tastefully.

So grab some discount silk flowers from the craft store.  I found these in the clearance bin outside Michael’s for 75% off, plus I had a 20% coupon that was apparently only for Canadians, but since I totally look Canadian and know all of the words to Oh Canada I got to use it.  Bam.

The only thing that can be really annoying is if you grab a batch of flowers that happen to be super-glued onto the stems, which some are.  So just take a quick peek, and make sure you’re buying the kind that can be easily pulled apart.

Pull those red petals off.  Some flowers have several parts in there that you might have to disassemble, but basically, you want this part left:

That green base and the thing sticking up in the middle of it.  The bigger the “thing” the better for your bacon stability.  Wow, that sounds very technical.  Pop those babies right in there, like they were always meant to be.

And then gaze upon the beauty and majesty of the salty blooms, freshly picked from your kitchen.  If only bacon roses really grew in the ground…

Guaranteed to make grown men swoon.  Or at least giggle like little girls.  Either way it’s a win-win for you.

And just because I know you need it, here’s a printable to go along side that gorgeous vase on your table:

Happy Baconing.

And Happy Pinning to you Pinners:

How to make a bacon bouquet from Our Best Bites

Valentine link

Krista says:

Well if this isn’t the best idea ever than I don’t know what is! Now THIS is an edible bouquet. My only problem is making sure it actually gets delivered to my husband.

So beautifulll….;)

Laura B says:

I’m thinking I need to make a bunch of these… The first one will be a gag gift to my bestie, cause how can you not laugh at this amazing-ness? The rest will be because who could avoid eating this amazing-ness? And then, I must share with others! Oh, it’s gonna get out of control!!! I love you guys!

Maura says:

Umm this is pretty much amazing, clearly Bacon makes everything better, even floral arrangements!

Jessen says:

My father is a Bacon Fanatic. . . (Which I personally don’t get), but, This is PERFECT for Father’s Day!!! =) And, I already have the Flower Stems! Thanks for this Spectacular Idea. It’s Gonna Happen!

Dani says:

One word…..no there isn’t a word on how creative, yummy and hysterical this is thanks for sharing!

Ellie says:

Hilarious!! This totally makes my Monday morning. And it will make Father’s Day so fun. Thanks for another awesome idea.

Heather says:

This almost reminds me of an April Fools posting. You’re serious, though? It’s totally funny, and I bet tons of dads would appreciate it!

Ruth says:

That’s probably one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen! Awesome!

Kim says:

Loved this! You had me at Bacon! I love bacon. Hubs would get a kick out of this for sure. Cracked me up! Very creative and fun!

It’s like you KNOW my husband! I’m totally going to win Wife of the Year when I present this to him on Sunday morning. LOVE it. Thanks for a great idea!

Kelli says:

Thanks for a great at-work giggle! I have seen these before but didn’t realize they were SO easy to make!

Holly says:

Oh this is great! I saw something similar on pinterest recently and wondered how they got the bacon to stay in that shape– thanks! I really like how you used artificial flowers and took off the roses and replaced them with bacon. Thanks for sharing!

Jesse says:

Hilariously awesome!

Tammy says:

I’m not sure if I’ll make this for Fathers Day, but it will defenitely make an apperance for April Fools! Fun idea, thanks!

Ellie says:

I was thinking about this again while I was running this morning (does thinking about bacon while I run make the calories I burned not count?) and wondering if it work with turkey bacon. It’s not really worth the fat/calorie savings to me, but my husband is kind of on a turkey bacon kick. What do you think?

Jacqueline says:

I think that after God, my husband, and my children, you gals are my two next favorite people. This is freaking hilarious, yet BRILLIANT at the same time! Bacon blooms…who knew? I am SO stinkin’ excited!!

Jamie says:

Sooo brilliant! I made my man a reese’s heart bouquet for Valentines a few years ago but bacon? So, so good. In fact, a combo of the two would be brilliant for my guy. = )

Stina says:

Jamie! That is genius! I was all set to floor with this awesomeness…but mix in some Reese’s? Genius!

I LOVE this. I was just wondering what I could do for Father’s Day this year and behold, my answer: Bacon Bouquet. Thanks, ladies!

Amy says:

This is so great. It’s like chocolate and flowers for a man. Can’t wait to see my husband’s face when he gets these for Father’s day breakfast. I thanks for the laugh this morning :)

Aimee Jane says:

Brilliant! Best Father’s Day idea EVER! Plus, do I sense an upcoming trend of grooms cake with maple frosting and bacon flowers? Maybe.

Melanie says:

Wow! How fun! My husband is a total meat guy. He’s not into the junk food I am like cookies, brownies, candy, etc. He loves his meat. This is the perfect idea. I totally love it. Can’t wait to do it. Thanks for posting this. This is why I come to you for ideas every day. There’s always something amazing you show me. I love it!

Gina says:

I wish I was with my dad this Sunday! He would LOVE this!

*THUD* that was me passing out after hyperventilating with excitement…. OH. EM. BACON!

This is the funniest/creative idea I have ever seen! Love it! Now this little piggy has to get to the market and buy some bacon! :)

Heather says:

What a great idea!!! I’ve been needing to do something with all of the stems I have left over from making my daughter’s headbands.

Lauren says:

They’re even better with chocolate drizzled on them! Honest! You have to at least try it =)

Susan Kunze says:

That looks so good I may have to lick my monitor!

Amy says:

My kids just asked me “Why are you crying Mom?” I’m laughing so hard at this post – it’s hilarious. It’s so crazy we might just have to do that for Dad’s breakfast on Father’s Day!

Debi says:

Same here! “What mom what? What’s so funny?”

Sounds like lots of you are having the same AWESOME reaction I am :)

Claire says:

Wha..?? Oh…no…

WOW

But the printable really puts it over the top. A bouquet no grown man can turn down. :D

Tish says:

Super cute and funny and what a great idea. It also reminds me of the bacon flavored Torani syrup.

Umm, there is no way I couldn’t make this for Drew for Father’s Day. Except I might have to put some Lindor ball blooms in there along with the bacon. :) He will love it. Thanks! :)

Marissa says:

Does the two-strip flower require more cooking time to be cooked all the way through?

OMG! This is great! My husband is turning 50 next month. I am SO going to cook bacon and send a bouquet to his work!!!

Lorie says:

Yeah, that is amazing! And such a fun idea for Father’s Day!

I will be featuring it on my site tomorrow! I love you ladies and your fabulous ideas!!

Corine N says:

HAHAHAHA, best man-bouquet ever! SERIOUSLY Gen.i.us. Might have to supersize it to bacon-bush proportions, if I know my family!

Sheri says:

You have no idea how much my husband loves bacon!!!!! He buys these huge economy packs of bacon from Winco and we go through possibly several a week. We are so doing this bouquet for Father’s Day. Thank you so much for the fantabulous idea;-)

garysgirl says:

Omgosh how neat! Your printable made me almost laugh out loud (and wake my sleeping hubby on the couch! haha). I think I just might have to do this for him! He’d LOVE it! :)

sheryl parker says:

One of THE BEST ideas EVER!!!!!! I’m so making this bouquet for my bestie on her birthday with Lindor balls too!

Melissa says:

Oh man, I am SO making this for my husband! He’ll LOVE it :)

Well, I posted a comment yesterday but it doesn’t look like it posted. I think they would be great with the bottom dipped in melted chocolate (perhaps dark) and then attached to the stems.

That looks really good.

Amy K says:

Through the entire post all I heard in my brain was that crazy dog from the Beggin Strips commercial yelling, “IT’S BACON! Yum, yum, yum, yum, yum!”

gina says:

Love this!! How does the bacon stay though? I would think it was heavier than the fake rose and would fall off??? no?

You definitely need to be gentle and they’re not for carrying around, but as long as you have that plastic part in the middle of the flower, it should hold them on well enough to look pretty!

Carolyn B says:

I truly don’t see why you would ever take all the time that this would take to do this. I also thought this must be an April Fool’s gag!

Carrie says:

This is going to be SO fun!!! Thanks for the great idea!

Carolyn says:

Since there’s only the two of us, my husband and I use the microwave bacon (4 slices approx. 20 seconds). When the slices come out of the microwave they are soft and get crisp as they cool. If I rolled the strips into flower shapes while they were still flexible and held them with a toothpick, the entire rosebud would be nice and crispy when cooled. Love this website!

Debi says:

I’m doing this. Awesome. Totally Awesome.

I can’t wait to try this. That is the best thing to make for my husband and my dad, They would both love it.

Melanie C says:

So I just linked this to my Facebook page and I have never received so many comments so quickly. What a funny idea!

Every Friday, I share my favorite food finds in a series called Food Fetish Friday. I love this post so much I’m featuring it as part of the roundup (with a link-back and attribution) and I hope you have no objections. It’s a pleasure following your creations…

Evelyn says:

Wow, these would be so perfect for fathers day!! Haha, its a shame my dad is going out on a business trip ): maybe when he gets back i’ll greet him with this beautiful (and delicious) bouquet!

Stephanie says:

I adore your site & your recipes…..but………are you running out of ideas?

Amy says:

I made these for my hubby for Father’s Day today. He was the envy of all his friends! lol It was awesome :) Thanks for a great idea!

tarmy says:

Made just one of these and I used pre-cooked bacon from Costco. I was baking something else so I just rolled up the flower and threw it on a pan and checked back a bit later. It totally worked and my husband just kept shaking his head, but he loved it. Thanks for sharing!

Margee says:

Yikes, not such a great idea this time…

Heather says:

I was the hit yesterday. I made waffles with strawberries and whipped cream (which I thought was pretty wow!), and my bacon roses were all my husband could talk about. He bragged to my family, his family and his friends at church. They were so easy and I was the rock star of Father’s Day breakfast. Not the first time I have gotten a great recipe from your website or your book, for that matter. My family is the most important thing in my life and your tips and recipes help me excel at this important mission. Love you two!

Tina says:

I made these for Father’s Day and my husband said it was the best thing ever! When he first saw the bouquet he didn’t realize what it was and then he practically screamed like a little girl when he saw it was bacon. This has now been declared a Father’s Day tradition by my husband and 16 year old son. Thanks for a great treat that was sooo easy to make!

Linsy says:

I loved this idea! I made them for fathers day, and they turned out looking great! My Hubby and little girl loved them!

Nikki says:

Am I the only one who realized how disgusting this is?! Haha! Disgusting and amazing all at once! It would be an amazing april fools trick though.

Cecily says:

So perfect. I love these.

Eva says:

hmmm interesting idea. I would want the whole bouquet to be edible and yummy. Maybe with the right kind of lettuce and/or parsley as the leaves. not sure what to glue it together with. hmmmmmmm

Snoopy says:

We did it! We made these for my husband and it was such a blast! I’ve been married to him for 20 years and I’ve never seen such a reaction. It was A HUGE HIT!!!

I blogged about it on my blog with all credit given to you as well as a direct link to your blog in my post. Thank you so much for sharing this idea with us!

Hugs,
    Snoopy & family :D

Kathy says:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BACON BOUQUET!!!
    I fixed this for my husbands birthday.It was fantastic.He loved it.
    He is a true bacon connoisseur and he could not believe it.
    This made his birthday!!!
    Thanks so much,
    Kathy

Tracie says:

Thank you for such a creative, yet simple (and delicious!) idea to celebrate Father’s Day! My husband loved it and I think it might become a tradition, maybe even carrying over to Mother’s Day?! Like many others, I had to share on my blog and linked back to you guys, since my photos don’t do it justice!

Hahaha! This totally has me cracking up at with excitement because of my love for *anything* bacon!

Stephanie L. says:

I made these today for me and my boyfriend’s 1 year anniversary! Before rolling them, I coated them in a seasoning mixture of chili powder and brown sugar mixed together. Should be amazing!

Ellie says:

I tried this last year with turkey bacon and it totally didn’t work because it doesn’t really curl up the way regular bacon does. Just thought I’d mention it in case anyone on a healthy kick wanted to give it a try.

Gena Mabee says:

God bless you. I was just about to go onto the dizzying land of Pinterest for a Valentines day for my hubby. While I was stalling out on FB I found this THIS IS IT! Nothing says I love you to my man like meat. I was considering something with beef jerky but this is way better. I’d repost, but he will see it. So, thanks for sharing! And I LOVE the new cookbook. And both of you.

Thesha says:

These are awesome! It is really too bad that my husband doesn’t like bacon…maybe I will have to make them for myself. :)

Susan says:

The best Valentines idea for my man! (He just happens to be a bacon whore!! )
    You guys are the best!

Amy S says:

This looks really weird and maybe a little bit gross, I am totally going to make it!

My husband just looked over my shoulder and was highly intrigued! If he gets me roses this year, I’ll make him a bacon bouquet, lol. :-)

Kat says:

When would be the best time to present these? My bf goes to a college that is an hour and a half away from mine, so unless I’m able to get a hs classmate to make them for me, I’ll have to drive. Will the bacon roses be okay not fresh? Or are they better fresh?

You may also want to consider wiping all the leaves and stems of the flowers before you put your bacon on it. No one wants dust or someones finger germs on their bacon rose.

pix & kardz says:

how cool is this! thanks for sharing. Happy <3 day!

Jamie says:

Thank you! They turned out great! For reinforcements, I stuck half a toothpick in the center of each stem so the bacon would have a little extra support. Worked like a charm! No bacon fell during the bumpy car ride. Thanks for the great post!

Bonny says:

Thanks so much for this! Just made it for my hubby for Valentine’s Day and it was a big hit!

What an amazing idea. I am TOTALLY going to make these for Father’s day. I’m sure all my brothers, my husband, and both fathers will LOVE them. Thanks for the great idea and printable.

Anna says:

My boyfriend has been gone for a month in Europe. I’m making these for him now!

BiteMeMore says:

You had me at Bacon… clearly Bacon makes everything better, even floral arrangements! Some more baconey gifts for the bacon-lover in your life:

Amy says:

Couple of quick questions about the jumbo ones:
    1. Do you add the second slice at the beginning or after the first slice has cooked?
    2. How long should they go in the oven for and at what temp?

Thanks! :)

Gordon J. says:

I’ve often been told that I am very creative and imaginative. But, this is about the most amazing idea I have seen yet. This is truly a masterpiece. I am going to set this up as a centerpiece for my family breakfast the morning after Thanksgiving and place biscuits around the bottom of the vase. My family will freak out and fall in love with this. Thanks again for such a wonderful idea.

Brent says:

Hey guys I found this cool kit that includes everything you need to make the perfect bouquet of bacon roses here. Check it out!

Katie says:

I am so so so grateful you put this up!!!!!!!!! With Valentines Day coming around I needed something creative for a guy friends and all the tutorials had drilling through a muffin tin which I didnt really want to do.. This was a great how to!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie says:

I’m making these for this Friday (V Day!!) they’re awesome!! Quick question though, did you use thick cut?

Darren says:

Are they going to stay on the “thing” as easily as it looks in the pictures?

Madeline says:

About to tmake a test batch of these for my boyfriend’s Valentine’s day gift… Fingers crosses! :)

Madeline says:

They turned out SO AMAZING!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Definitely bake for 30 minutes, especially if doing hefty roses :) thanks a million, this is amazing!

Meghan says:

Just made a test batch of these for my husband’s Valentine’s Day gift and they turned out PERFECT! I didnt have a rack to place mine on while cooking but they didnt turn out soggy on the bottom at all. In fact, the bottom cooked in its own grease and turned out nicely crunchy!Thanks so much for this WONDERFUL idea!!

Meghan says:

Oh by the way, I noticed someone asked about using thick cut Bacon…. I accidentally grabbed some of that and just decided to try it out and it worked great. Made very cute thick flowers.

Jessica says:

How do you store them if not gifting them immediately? Would you put them in the fridge? Thanks for the great idea!

Halfling says:

Thanks for a great set of instructions. These were super easy to make, adorable once put together and my guy said they were tasty too. Made for a fun Valentine’s Day surprise.

Tes says:

Excellent instructions, thank you! I was pretty sure there was a better way to do it than getting out the power tools. These are going to be a get-well bouquet I will bring to a friend in the hospital tomorrow. He’ll definitely heal faster with bacon!!

heather says:

This is a cool thing i love it. I have 2 questions. How do you sanitize the stems to put the bacon on because I don’t like things that’s not sanitized touching my food. How to you make the bacon stay on the stems. I love this and I know my husband would love it. This would be something I would have to make for the guys in the family once I understand it all.