Posted in General News

Now your favorite recipes from OBB are with you wherever you go! Whether you’re in the grocery store and need to check the ingredients list or you’re cooking in a friend’s kitchen, the free, universal Our Best Bites mobile app has our entire collection of recipes quickly and easily accessible.   It’s available on all Apple devices and you can find it in your itunes store by searching “Our Best Bites.” (Please note: we are well aware that those using other platforms, like Android, would like an app too.  Heck, even *I* don’t have an iphone!  But right now this is only available on Apple devices.  Please keep in mind that app development requires an enormous amount of time and resources, and we chose to dedicate those to the platform that the largest majority of our users use, and Apple wins by a landslide!)

in itunes

All content is in stunning HD and custom made to fit your apple device.

recipe index

In this colorful and easy-to-navigate app, you can…

* Search by category using full color pictures

* Browse and search recipes alphabetically

* Search by cooking style, seasonal/holiday, and ethnicity

* Easily locate healthy and 30-minute meals

categories

* Save and print your favorite recipes

* Share what you’re cooking with your friends through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram

Share options

We took into account what you, our readers wanted in an app and created our entire recipe library, that you can easily access without having to wade through entire blog posts and photo tutorials.  The step-by-step photos for each recipe are in a scrolling strip below each recipe, and you can choose to swipe through them if you choose.

Photo feature

You can also save your favorite (and most used!) recipes so you can easily access them at any time.

The universal app is free to download on all Apple devices.  The free version will have advertisements on it, but for $1.99 (Less than 2 packs of gum!) you can upgrade to an ad-free experience.  With the $1.99 Pro upgrade, you can also save an unlimited amount of favorites, and automatically receive new app features as they become available.

We hope you’ll download it on your iphones, ipads, and ipods and play around with it!  Please note that the very first time you use the app it will take a minute to load, but after that it should be nice and speedy.  If you run into any recipes that don’t show up for you, just let us know and it’s an easy fix on our end.  With over 700 recipes on our site, we were bound to miss formatting a few!   Also, note that the purpose of this app is to give you quick and easy access to actual recipes.  We’ve tried tried to weed out informational posts, photo round-ups, etc.  But sometimes those might slip through and show up as unavailable.  That’s simply because it’s not a “recipe.”  We decided to leave our How-To Section in the app, for example, so you can see the photos (like, if you want to see how to cut up a mango or something) but you won’t see the text of the blog post since it’s not a recipe.

If you like it, we’d also really appreciate if you’d take the time to review it.  You guys know us best, and there’s a whole world out there with lots of people who have never heard of Our Best Bites (I know, can you imagine??! lol) so it would help so much if you left kind words in the review section to help others discover something they might like as well.  Have fun and let us know what you think.  And stay tuned for a fun app-related giveaway coming up in the near future!

Kine says:

Will there be an android app?

Jenn says:

Yes, please! I know it’s probably a ton of work to create an app like this – the screen shots look gorgeous. But some of us need it on Android. Hopefully soon? Thanks!

Anne says:

Yes please! We need it on Android! !!

Jessica says:

YYYYAAAAAAYYYYY! I am SO excited! I knew there had to be SOME good reason that it’s 4 in the morning and I am unable to sleep. It must be because deep down, I KNEW there was one more Mother’s Day present waiting for me on your site. I’m going to go download it now, while I watch my DVRd Once Upon a Time and wait for the rest of the world to wake up. Love you ladies!

Angela says:

I agree-we need it on Android. Pretty please!

Joanna says:

How did you know I got an iPad Mini for Mothers Day? :) Perfect timing!

Catherine MacDonald says:

And what about for us diehard Blackberry users?

Jane says:

This is AWESOME! Thank You Sara and Kate!!!!!!!

Alicia says:

So looking forward to this on Android. I can’t tell you how many times I access your website for recipes from my phone while I’m at the grocery store. Love that there will (hopefully) soon be a faster/easier way!

Amy H says:

Yayyy! Thank you! I frequently need to check your site for ingredients when I’m shopping and this app will make it easier. :)

Carly says:

Wahooooooooo!

Larissa says:

Android pleeeeeeeeease! :)

Heatheranne says:

Should all recipes be on there soon? I was so excited, downloaded, upgraded, and yet…. No Thai Noodle Salad recipe. Just pics. :(

Hi Heather! The app automatically pulls data from our blog, and if there are any recipes which we missed formatting for printing here on the site, it will show up like that on the app. We will fix them as soon as we find them- there are just a handful that we may have missed (with over 700 recipes here, it was really hard to catch everything!) I just updated the Thai Noodle Salad so it will work now- let us know if you find anymore like that and we’ll fix them asap!

• Heatheranne says:

Will I need to update the app to make it work? Still says “print this was unable to locate the selection. Contact the site administrator.”

• Audrey says:

Creamy chicken taquitos doesn’t work either…

CrystalLee says:

So excited for this! I often pull up your website while I’m grocery shopping, and have been waiting for your app to come out! Thanks so much ladies, you make my every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning! :)

Melissa says:

Woooohooooo!!!!! Getting it now….

Christina says:

Good morning! I was so excited to hear you have an app. I downloaded immediately. I have several cooking apps and am thrilled to add yours.

I would like to suggest a few improvements.

1. Ability to view in landscape mode.
    2. When you vice in Holidays and Seasons if they could actually be broken up into those categories and not alphabetically by recipe name.
    3. Quality pictures. They aren’t as sharp in the app as they are via my RSS with you.

I’ll use it a bit more before leaving a review. I know this the huge undertaking it is to put an app out. So a big bravo to you for taking it on. I’ll happily pay for the upgrade if and when these things can be addressed.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Oh man! I love this so much. Thanks!

Zoe Smith says:

Hooray! I am so excited about this! I downloaded it on my husband’s phone haha because he is the one with an iPhone and I have a Window’s phone. I hope that there may be (one day) an app compatible with the Window’s phone so I won’t have to steal his to go to the store or make something. I have your blog saved as a button on my phone for easy access seeing as I use it on almost a daily basis. Thank you for a wonderful product!

Terri Frandsen says:

Yesss!!! So excited for this!

Shannon says:

The Colorburst Cupcakes recipe is not working. :)

Kathy says:

Great app! Just downloaded it. I’m looking forward to getting a lot of use out of it!

Melissa says:

Got app and upgraded! Love it! I agree with another person who said seasonal recipes should be organized by season, and then alphabetically. Also would like option to organize my favorites by category, or at least so I can put my FAVORITE favorites at the top. I know it was so much work for you ladies to put this together – these are just ideas for down the road. Great job, ladies! I will be using this app a lot :)

We literally spend weeks trying to get those to function like that and the way our site is set up, it makes it nearly impossible from a programming perspective. But it’s something we’re still working on because we’d like it to be organized that way! As soon as we figure it out, we’ll update that feature!

breein says:

I’m so sad I don’t have an iPhone! I’m using Windows which ink ow no one has. But if you have it in your heart to eventually get this amazing looking app for windows I’d be sooooo happy. I use the website ay least once a week from my phone but the app looks soooo much better!

Liana Sorenson says:

Can’t wait to have this for Android!

Amanda says:

Woo hoo!!! I just got an iPhone last month so this is excellent timing! So excited to use it. :)

Jamie says:

Yay! So cool. Just downloaded the app and it rocks. There’s been more than one time I was trying to surf at the grocery store for a recipe while also keeping track on the baby in the cart and trying to stay our of other shopper’s way, so THANK YOU for this. = )

Tina says:

Windows phone, please!!!!!!!!!!

Laura says:

I am constantly using my iPad as a cookbook to try your recipes! I’m super excited about this app — thank you!

Emily Tomaka says:

Awesome thanks! The southwest burgers recipe is not working. :-)

Sorry i also found these: Smoked turkey artichoke panini, southwestern beef wraps, spa in the kitchen, silly cupcakes, single serving pie in a jar, spooky Halloween fountain, st. Patrick’s day rainbow/roundup, star-studded mini pies, steak and mango salad, stocking the kitchen, stuffed pizza rolls, sunrise punch, a few thoughts before Mother’s Day, all about salt, almond toffee tart…ok I’ll stop…sorry for the long list. I love the app! I test software…so I couldn’t help it….let me know if you want a tester! It would sure beat tax software! LOL. :-)

Lol, thanks! Informational and non-recipes posts shouldn’t show up at all, so a bunch of those fall into that category (silly cupcakes, halloween fountain, round ups, stocking kitchen,, ottr’s day, all about salt) If it’s just a photo round up or a how-to, it will usually show you the photos, but since there’s not an actual “recipe” it won’t pull that. I’ll fix the few recipes in that list asap though!

Jennifer H. says:

So excited when I saw your App was ready…followed by sadness that it’s only for Apple right now! :-( Please–we need it on Android, too! Love your site and the App looks wonderful.

Cary says:

So exciting! The eggs on toast with creamed spinach recipe is not working (& it’s one if my faves!). One more thought: the search only works for the first letter so I had to scroll through to find the egg recipe (because I couldn’t remember the exact name). But it didn’t find it with spinach. Don’t know if that is even an option but thought I would put it out there. Congrats ladies, what a ton of hard work. I appreciate your blog & always enjoy both your recipes & your sense of humor. Keep up the good work.

Fixed it! You’ll just have to reload the app and it will be there. Thanks (and one of my faves too!)

• Cary says:

Question: do you mean reopen or delete and reload the whole app? Also my 30 min meal button isn’t pulling up anything, nor is the beef category or the brunch category… I’m wondering if anyone else is having trouble…

• Marina says:

I had the same problem with certain categories coming up empty when I opened them. I deleted the app and reinstalled, and everything seems to be working now! I am super excited about the app!!!!

• Cary says:

I deleted and reloaded and now I have no recipes at all… Is your site overloaded? And I did purchase the pro version so maybe that’s the problem?

Kailie says:

Yay! Been waiting for this! Thanks guys!

Melissa says:

Yay for those you have Apple products. Boo for us Android users!

Amy Drorbaugh says:

Stupid Apple! That’s all I have to say. :-)

Stacia says:

Yay! You have no idea how excited I am about this!!!

Jill says:

Our Best Bites is one of the first places I look for recipes so this will be very handy! Thank you so much for all of your hard work on it!

garysgirl says:

THANK YOU GIRLS!!! :)) My Mother’s Day continues! ;) SO glad I have an iPhone! Would want to buy one just to have this app! Lol ;)

Rosalina says:

Way to get me excited for absolutely no reason! I would love this app so much! And plus, apple products are WAY overrated.

Tara Thueson says:

The Bacon wrapped teriyaki chicken skewers aren’t working either! :)

Ned says:

GREAT GREAT GREAT APP!!! You guys totally are the best! This is sah-wheat! Cooking and using technology to help me cook! It’s a win win!

Diana says:

Just downloaded it!! So excited to try it out!

amelia says:

WOOHOO! downloaded and started loading favorites. one of my top-ten favorites is your baked creamy chicken taquitos, and i can see the thumbnail, but the recipe itself says “This was unable to locate the section you requested.” just a heads up. yaaaay!

ACV says:

I’m so excited about this! I LOVE OBB and am off to download the ipad version now! My iPad has become my cookbook, so this is just perfect.

Jessica Johnson says:

We have both iPhone and Android on purpose. Thank you so very much for giving easy access to your wonderfulness! I have it downloaded now- YAY!

Allison Brenn says:

Hooray! I always have a tab on my iPad open to OBB and I can’t cook dinner most nights without referring to your site or the cookbook at least once! Thanks for all this extra work ladies!

This is awesome. I’ve been looking for someone to develop an app and haven’t liked who I’ve found. Who did u use and do u recommend them?

KmarieJ says:

Thanks so much! I know that it takes SO much work to produce an app so I really appreciate the effort you put into giving us another (what can be free) way to use your recipes. :-)

WOOHOO!!! Happy Day!!!!!! Off to download!!!

Kelli V. says:

YAY!

Connie H. says:

Oh my GOSH! SO excited!

Claire Davis says:

This is awesome- even better that it’s free. You could have charged .99 cents for it and everyone still would have bought it….so thank you for making it free :)

Nicki says:

Holy. Cow. SO. EXCITED.

Kiersten says:

Just yesterday I was thinking about how I need an app for your site! Thank you! I can’t wait to download it!

Corene Swisher says:

Have I mentioned that I love you? OK…at least once a week I think that! :) Thanks, Girls!

Maren says:

Ooh, I’m so excited! I didn’t even finish reading the post before I downloaded the app. I will tell everyone I know – because heaven knows I’ve already told them about your website and book. You ladies are wonderful and I appreciate your delicious recipes and other gems of wisdom that you share with everyone! Thank you!

Sandi Wheeler says:

Such a great app! It really is put together so well! I will use it all of the time! Who need bejeweled on their phones when they can spend their sleepless nights searching through yummy recipes!

Mandy J says:

Yay! Downloaded it before I even read the full post!

Daija says:

Happy day!!

Erica says:

Oh yeah!! Can’t wait to use it.

Christine says:

Sad,hopefully someday it will be available on android. :(

Tina @ Squirrel Acorns says:

Awesome and congrats! I upgraded to Pro right away. It’s the least I can do to thank you for the years of great recipes. I noticed the lime cilantro dressing link wasn’t working. One of my faves. I will review after I have used it for a bit.

Amanda says:

Hooray! I just downloaded the app! I am so excited to use it finally! I love your food, recipes & your crafts.

Connie Roseberry says:

Love!

Rachel says:

Bummer! I have an Android phone, but understand why you went with Apple.

This is going to change.my.life. I can’t tell you how many times per week I scroll through your website on my phone! THANK YOU for putting in the time and effort to develop this app for the likes of people just like ME!

nessa says:

This is great!

Kristen says:

Chicken taquitos are not showing. This is one of our faves! Thank you.

Phebe says:

I’m not sure what the issue is but I just downloaded the free version to check it out and no recipes come up. I can see all the categories but when I select one there is only a blank page.

Patti says:

It looks like this will push me over the top to switch from Android to iPhone. I was looking for a good enough excuse!

Melanie Limb says:

I love that even though you said why there isn’t an android app right now tons of people comment complaining :) that said, I am an apple product owner and checked out the app, and I absolutely love it! It’s so great! I really love everything about it!

Jenn says:

That parenthetical remark about why it wasn’t on Android actually wasn’t there when they first posted it. They added that because of the requests in the comments asking for it to be on android.

April B. says:

YAYAYAYAY!!! I’ve been waiting for this ever sense you first announced it! It looks so pretty, I can’t wait to use this!
    Thanks for being so totally awesome :)

Jenn Dubreuil says:

Thank you!! I just got a iPhone last month. I use it and my iPad
    to look up recipes often. I’m excited to use your app! Thank you
    for all you do to make our lives easier!

Laura says:

So excited!!!! Just FYI, when I searched on my iPhone, only the free version came up, but I would totally support the $2 version.

Allison Brenn says:

Any chance you can enable a landscape mode in the next update? Cooking with the iPad is much easier that way! Great work!

Lillian says:

Just downloaded great app!

Awesome job, guys!!! Been playing around with the app on my iPhone and iPad. So excited to have the recipes so handy.

Becca says:

Oh, ladies, y’all have no idea how happy this has made me!! I have, on occasion, had to call my kids at home or my sister to have them look up a recipe while at the store getting ingredients. I am one happy camper! :o)

Trish says:

creamy tomato soup did not show up….

Lynsie says:

I hate when people complain about this! I’m so glad it’s finally here! Thanks for making it and Apple App!! Great work Sara and Kate!

Stephanie says:

I am seriously so excited about this app! I downloaded it and at first glance I was in love. Brilliant!!

Natalie Smith says:

Great app! Just one other thing – the link for the Party Sub looks like it’s broken.

Kristen R says:

Woooooo hoooooo hoooo!!!!!! :) :)

Yeah, thanks. Downloaded already!

Kristine says:

I was so excited to read this but then I saw it was for apple products only. Love my Android and hope you can get an app for it too.

Takeaway App says:

Are you looking for a best food app? Have you tried yourowntakeawayapp? Still not, just go for it. I’m sure you love it. Its mostly helpful for hotel and restaurant owners to grow their business.

Sarah O. says:

This app is awesome! I downloaded to my ipad immediately and love it! Thanks for thinking of your readers

Jane says:

I downloaded the app on iTunes… but to get full use I need to go pro. Problem is I don’t pay for apps. But, your site is lovely.

Lisa Y. says:

I got it for my iPad. I LOVE IT! You guys are the best. I also shared your blog about Mother’s day with my friends on Facebook – never have truer words been spoken. Thanks for the reality check!

Karie says:

I am installing the app now and I am excited! Beautiful pictures and so happy for you…I have been following your blog for a while now and have used several of your recipes! Now I can have it right at my fingertips!

Linda says:

I downloaded it on both iPads (yes, I have 2). I haven’t had a chance to look at it more than a quick look but it looks like you guys did a great job! Well done! I’m excited to use it more once I have to time to sit and go through everything. Thanks for all the hard work. Some folks think this is an easy thing to do but I know programming enough to know it is hard work and labor intensive to keep it running smoothly.

Cathy says:

I’m soooo excited!! As soon as I saw it was ready, I downloaded it! I’m constantly on the website at the grocery store, wandering around waiting for the recipe I need to load. So happy I can have instant access now! Thanks ladies for all your hard work.

Steffanie Clark says:

I wondering how you save recipes to your favorites? Also nothing comes up for Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos-one of my family’s favorites!

Steffanie Clark says:

Nevermind, I figured out how to save- top right by printing & sharing. Sorry, my bad!:)

Gretchen says:

I love the app! I downloaded and already saved my faves to it! I refer to OBB so much when cooking/baking! Appreciate you both and your hard work!

Aww man I hope that this becomes huge on apple so that it is in the future for android!! Alas for now it is continuing to grocery shop with your site up in my browser but I am excited for you guys that you get to head in this direction. Congrats :)

Trish says:

Uh oh….NO recipes are showing up today. And I upgraded to pro. Nothing….

Monica says:

I am so excited to try this out. I have been waiting for this ap for awhile. It will be so easy to search recipes now. Thank you so much. You two are the best!

jpv says:

I call B.S.

Look at this from today: http://www.businessinsider.com/chart-of-the-day-the-iphones-market-share-is-dead-in-the-water-2013-5.

Android is 300% market share of iPhone.

Larilyn says:

I was so excited to get this app, but it’s not working! Three of the four times I’ve tried to open it, it just sits there with a rotating circle, saying “loading data”. The one time it went through, everything was blank. No recipes anywhere. =(

Jennifer M. says:

I’m so excited for this! I would love to be able to see the recipes in each section organized by sub-category, like on your site. I might want to bake cookies but not sure which kind, and it’s harder to scroll through a long list of alphabetical desserts that includes everything. But maybe I’m just lazy. :). Thanks for all you do!

Katie J says:

I’m not sure what’s going on with the app, but the first time I used it the pictures kept moving next to recipe titles they didn’t belong with. The next time it wouldn’t show me any recipes. I even deleted the app an downloaded it again and the same thing. I’m not sure what’s going on with it?

Melanie says:

SOOOOO EXCITED FOR THIS!!! I can’t imagine how much time, effort, and hard work went into creating the app so thank you for that! I immediately upgraded to Pro for the primary reason that you ladies have supplied years of amazing recipes, it’s the least I could do!

One thing I would love to see slightly changed is the format of the viewing area when the recipes pull up. The first inch of the screen is the Our Best Bites logo with a good bit of blank space above it (relatively speaking) and the toolbar and then the bottom inch is the pictures and the toolbar so the scrolling area of the actual recipe seems really small. I wonder if there’s a way to get rid of some of the blank space at the top above your logo? Although what seems simple in my head is probably not in the actual programming :-)

Regardless, I am so excited it’s here and thank you ladies for bringing it to us!

Linda N. says:

SOOO excited!!! It’s downloaded and I’m already loving the layout and features. Thanks for making this happen!

Jennifer Marble says:

Yes PLEASE! An Android app!! Unless you want to buy me an iphone… ;)

natalie says:

I have an Ipod Touch. I couldn’t find this app in itunes. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Barb says:

Downloaded the app and upgraded to pro but some of the sections are coming up blank-desserts, breads, beef, pasta, salads, and sides.

Carly says:

Yay! Yay yay yay yay! My life is complete.

kay43026 says:

I deleted this app after using it only a few times. I did not appreciate (or WANT) to view commercial videos before being able to view a recipe.

Sure wish you’d not have done that…I will not be recommending this app to any of my friends.

melanie c says:

I just purchased the pro version, but am still getting ads. I’ve deleted and tried to reinstall on both iPad and iPhone …..any ideas???

Kari VanNoy says:

Yay! This is so exciting. I am downloading the app right NOW!! :)

Terri Rawlins says:

Is the Pro version suppose to have ads? I have reinstalled several times and still receive ads. I love the application but not the ads. The ads reload every time I change to a new recipe. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

That was a great app. I just bookmarked this page and will go for this app next month. Just in another 5 days I will get this app…

Kari Ellis says:

Is this app no longer available? I can’t find it and the link isn’t working. :(

Kari, the most recent Apple iOS 7 update really did a number on our app. So much so that we had to remove it from the store and have all the bugs worked out. It will be back soon!

Dana N says:

I second (quadrillionth?) the motion for Android!