Curry Cashew Quinoa Salad intro From the time I was little, I developed a love of nuts, which I think I subtlety inherited from my father (maybe or maybe not via peanut M&M’s).  I’ve always loved Cashews in particular, but they were cemented as my most favorite nut after living in Brazil and eating them freshly picked and roasted, right on the beach.  Vendors walk around with little baggies you can buy for a buck and it’s the most amazing thing.  Cashews, with their rich, buttery texture, and roasted nutty (hmm, can you describe a nut as “nutty”?) flavor, make them perfect for use in so many recipes.  I often buy my groceries at my local Fred Meyer (part of the Kroger family of stores) and I discovered some spicy curry cashews,  from their Simple Truth line that I absolutely fell in love with.  Ironically, Simple Truth later asked me to develop some recipes for them I knew immediately that one of them would feature those nuts (since I conveniently already had like, 12 bags of them in my pantry…)  If you don’t have a Kroger store near you (which include Fred Meyer, Ralph’s, QFC, Frye’s, Dillon’s and Smith’s) don’t worry!  You can use regular cashews here, or another brand of curry cashews if you can find them. I actually shot a video for this recipe (way back in February), so I’m going to let that do the talking!

This salad makes a really yummy light lunch or dinner and I love the colors in it.

Curry Cashew Quinoa Salad from Our Best Bites

Fresh Curry Cashew Quinoa Salad from Our Best Bites

Melanie Niemerg says:

great video! you’re a natural! I’ve wanted to start cooking more with quinoa and this recipe sounds delicious!

Tieghan says:

I love this!! Curry and cashews go perfectly and are my favorite foods!

Could you be any more adorable? I love the simple truth products and this salad looks right up my alley- something easy to nosh on through the week!

Andrea says:

Love curry. Love quinoa. Love cashews. This is sure to become one of my favorite “go-to” recipes! Thank you!

Marnie says:

This looks great! What do you do with the last teaspoon of curry?

Brittany says:

I’ve been waiting for this recipe since February! I can’t wait to make it.

Lissa says:

I made this last night right after I saw this post come through my email. I immediately went out and got what I didn’t already have. I used the half of a rotisserie chicken I had left from the previous night’s dinner. It was SO good and my kids couldn’t stop saying how yummy it was the entire time they were eating it. I didn’t serve it completely chilled as we weren’t patient enough for that. I ate some for lunch today and it was completely chilled. I have to say, personally, I preferred it more on the warm side than completely chilled. And those cashews on my goodness are they good!

Laura Chipman says:

Hi Sara & Kate, My mom got me your Savoring the Seasons cookbook and I am so excited! As I was reading through it I saw your recipe for caramel apple cider. We have been making this for the last couple of years (since your first cookbook came out) but instead of using store bought caramel sauce, we use your buttermilk caramel syrup. It is to. die. for. Last year as gifts to friends we gave them a jar of syrup, a jug of apple cider, and whipped cream. Thanks for bringing a little warmth and sweetness to our winter season!

Trista says:

How spicy is this?

Wendi says:

This looks amazing! I’m trying to eat a more whole-foods, plant-based diet and this is perfect!

Heather Mason says:

I made this recipe to eat for lunch this week – wow, it is so good! I love when you post recipes that are healthy plus unbelievably tasty! Thank you very much!

Lea says:

This salad is amazing! Thank you for the great recipe. PS- the honey stuck to the bottom of the dressing jar even with lots of shaking. Any suggestions?